You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited March 2016

If you have any means of letting them both know, will you do so, please?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story:
    In Response to Re: My story : All financial advisers giving investment advice, including pensions advice, have needed to be qualified to diploma level (essentially first year degree standard) in financial planning since 2012. Finanial planning at or approaching retirement is often very complex as many things have to be taken into account, not least the tax implications and succession planning aspects. These may be even more relevant in Tom's case. Tom I assume your financial adviser is an IFA (independent financial adviser) and if so I would like to hope that you are happy with them and the advice they have given you at this stage. If you would like a second opinion or to just have a chat about things, then please drop me a pm. Regards Paul
    Posted by Enut
    Hi Paul, yes he is an independent financial adviser,he is also a relative so I do trust his judgement. Many thanks for the offer of a second opinion, it wasn't too much money but as he said I can change my mind anytime. I have deferred it for a year only so I have options.
  • edited March 2016
    If you have any means of letting them both know, will you do so, please?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Indeed I will, once again thank you.
  • edited March 2016
    Today I found out that I have joined the ranks of the Unemployed. The weekends storm has blown tiles off next doors roof and smashed some of our tiles, rang the folk who built our house last June and they do not cover storm damage.

I am currently at home thanking God that my wife has the day off, she is being her usual supporting self,I am not in a good space.

• edited March 2016
    Today I found out that I have joined the ranks of the Unemployed. The weekends storm has blown tiles off next doors roof and smashed some of our tiles, rang the folk who built our house last June and they do not cover storm damage. I am currently at home thanking God that my wife has the day off, she is being her usual supporting self,I am not in a good space.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Read your post confirming that your adviser is an IFA and that you trust them so that put my mind at rest and then read this post. Really feel for you Tom. I hope things sort themselves out for you. Glad that you have a supprtive family, tough time mate, sorry.
  • edited March 2016

It never rains, eh?

Having said that, all things considered, there are far worse problems you have overcome, & I'm sure you'll get these sorted.

My old Grandad used to say "everything happens for a reason", & it's surprising how often these things turn our unexpectedly well.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Indeed I will, once again thank you.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Thanks Tikay and Tom.

Now if we can just have that administration error perma happen to Jackson's account, we'll all be much more content with this place.
  • edited March 2016
    Today I found out that I have joined the ranks of the Unemployed. The weekends storm has blown tiles off next doors roof and smashed some of our tiles, rang the folk who built our house last June and they do not cover storm damage. I am currently at home thanking God that my wife has the day off, she is being her usual supporting self,I am not in a good space.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sorry to hear this-PM me if you feel anything is not quite "right"....
    If the damage to your roof is substantial, may be worth contacting your own buildings insurer.

There was some storm damge to our house-my wife said leave well alone, as it needs a man to fix it!
  • edited March 2016
    It never rains, eh? Having said that, all things considered, there are far worse problems you have overcome, & I'm sure you'll get these sorted. My old Grandad used to say "everything happens for a reason", & it's surprising how often these things turn our unexpectedly well. Anyway, fingers crossed.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's currently p***ing down :) Thank you for your post, most appreciated.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Read your post confirming that your adviser is an IFA and that you trust them so that put my mind at rest and then read this post. Really feel for you Tom. I hope things sort themselves out for you. Glad that you have a supprtive family, tough time mate, sorry.
    Posted by Enut
    Thanks mate.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Sorry to hear this-PM me if you feel anything is not quite "right".... If the damage to your roof is substantial, may be worth contacting your own buildings insurer. There was some storm damge to our house-my wife said leave well alone, as it needs a man to fix it!
    Posted by Essexphil
    When I get the mental energy to turn my laptop on I will pm you kind sir, I was a fool for returning in the circumstances I was backed in to.
  • edited March 2016
    Today has been THE worst day for emotional turmoil, I did feel like posting earlier as a cry for help, but sent the wife and my darling daughter a text instead as I felt like " what the hell am I doing, this is a poker forum for gawd sake" type of thing.

My daughter has just purchased a cute little dog, it's a pug and she has been wanting one for ages,she did ask us when she lived with us in our new house,but we were a tad worried it may ruin the place ;)

She brought it round last night and it is SO CUTE, I want her to return home and bring "Pandora" with her ( How fickle am I)

I had a rest from job hunting to play a £5 Bounty Hunter this aft, won it - About time too...

I may get a job as the online spelling police, that's a 24 hour a day job though, 98% of folk cannot or refuse to spell the simplest word correct and it drives me nuts, my wife doesn't let me on her Facebook page as she says I'm a pillock for even telling folk that had begins with an H...sigh.

I look forward to any of my posts being critiqued ;) 
  • edited March 2016
    Today has been THE worst day for emotional turmoil, I did feel like posting earlier as a cry for help, but sent the wife and my darling daughter a text instead as I felt like " what the hell am I doing, this is a poker forum for gawd sake" type of thing. My daughter has just purchased a cute little dog, it's a pug and she has been wanting one for ages,she did ask us when she lived with us in our new house,but we were a tad worried it may ruin the place ;) She brought it round last night and it is SO CUTE, I want her to return home and bring "Pandora" with her ( How fickle am I) I had a rest from job hunting to play a £5 Bounty Hunter this aft, won it - About time too... I may get a job as the online spelling police, that's a 24 hour a day job though, 98% of folk cannot or refuse to spell the simplest word correctly and it drives me nuts, my wife doesn't let me on her Facebook page as she says I'm a pillock for even telling folk that had begins with an H...sigh. I look forward to any of my posts being critiqued ;) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Correctly* The adverb modifies the verb :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Adverbs weren't invented when I was a lad. ;)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Adverbs weren't invented when I was a lad. ;)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sigh 
    Thought that the ninja delete had got through :)

Nice win today Tom
  • edited March 2016
    Sorry to read about the job front. Has the firm gone under or making some cuts?

RE:Tiles if the neighbours tiles caused the damage can you maybe claim off their insurance? I doubt if the excess will be worth claiming on your own.

Trouble is when you most need a roofer, after storm damage, they are pretty hard to get hold of.

Good luck on all fronts.
  • edited March 2016
    Today has been THE worst day for emotional turmoil, I did feel like posting earlier as a cry for help, but sent the wife and my darling daughter a text instead as I felt like " what the hell am I doing, this is a poker forum for gawd sake" type of thing. My daughter has just purchased a cute little dog, it's a pug and she has been wanting one for ages,she did ask us when she lived with us in our new house,but we were a tad worried it may ruin the place ;) She brought it round last night and it is SO CUTE, I want her to return home and bring "Pandora" with her ( How fickle am I) I had a rest from job hunting to play a £5 Bounty Hunter this aft, won it - About time too... I may get a job as the online spelling police, that's a 24 hour a day job though, 98% of folk cannot or refuse to spell the simplest word correct and it drives me nuts, my wife doesn't let me on her Facebook page as she says I'm a pillock for even telling folk that had begins with an H...sigh. I look forward to any of my posts being critiqued ;) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sorry to hear things are not the best at the minute.

Wishing you all best and hoping things turn for the better soon.

We keep you plenty busy in our group with the spelling.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi Tom,

Are the broken tiles visible from the Rd ?

Im dropping some stuff off  in Halisham tomorrow, (Apen Pumps Apex way), around 3:30-4:00 , I could take a look (from the rd) , see if its do-able, Im no roofer , but I do a bit of building maintenence .

PM me if you want me to take a look.
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Tom, Are the broken tiles visible from the Rd ? Im dropping some stuff off  in Halisham tomorrow, (Apen Pumps Apex way), around 3:30-4:00 , I could take a look (from the rd) , see if its do-able, Im no roofer , but I do a bit of building maintenence . PM me if you want me to take a look.
    Posted by mumsie
    Hi Mumsie, they are at the front of the house which has no road to it, but are visible from the footpath.Thank you for the offer, I will try and pm you now, (if I can on my iPad) 
  • edited April 2016
    I can't pm on iPad, sigh. I should have known that as I need to pm Phil also, I shall try later on my laptop.
  • edited April 2016
    Sorry to read about the job front. Has the firm gone under or making some cuts? RE:Tiles if the neighbours tiles caused the damage can you maybe claim off their insurance? I doubt if the excess will be worth claiming on your own. Trouble is when you most need a roofer, after storm damage, they are pretty hard to get hold of. Good luck on all fronts.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks for your post my good man, I shall answer on our page.
  • edited April 2016

Feeling any better today, Tom?
  • edited April 2016
    Feeling any better today, Tom?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am feeling a little better today thanks, my good lady and I ( not so much I ) did my cv last night and got a list of firms I will send them to, she applied for 2 last night for me to show me the ropes, I have had a call this morning from a recruitment agency who are very positive ( aren't they all ) My cv looks good to be honest, its all true and I never thought I was this good :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Sorry to hear this-PM me if you feel anything is not quite "right".... If the damage to your roof is substantial, may be worth contacting your own buildings insurer. There was some storm damge to our house-my wife said leave well alone, as it needs a man to fix it!
    Posted by Essexphil
    I have sent you a pm Phil
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Tom, Are the broken tiles visible from the Rd ? Im dropping some stuff off  in Halisham tomorrow, (Apen Pumps Apex way), around 3:30-4:00 , I could take a look (from the rd) , see if its do-able, Im no roofer , but I do a bit of building maintenence . PM me if you want me to take a look.
    Posted by mumsie
    I have sent you a pm Mumsie
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : I have sent you a pm Phil
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Received and replied
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Received and replied
    Posted by Essexphil
    Thanks Phil, I have replied
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Phil, I have replied
    Posted by tomgoodun
    As have I....
  • edited April 2016
    Oh Tom, hope things start to look up soon xx
  • edited April 2016
    I have a job interview this coming Wednesday so we decided to have a nice drive out today to check how long it takes to get there.
    During the drive the car in front of us went over the footpath, across into oncoming traffic, hit a vehicle pulling a trailer carrying horses which hit us then the trailer went on its side and landed on another car.

We are lucky to be alive. I wonder if this is the last of my sh it times.

I better take the sat nav on Wednesday and set off early.