You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited December 2014

A very special "Health & Happiness in 2015" to you & your family, Tom.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    A very special "Health & Happiness in 2015" to you & your family, Tom.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you all the best to you and your family in 2015
  • edited January 2015
    Pleased you've had a great Xmas Tom. All the best for 2015!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks very much, and all the best for 2015 to you and your family
  • edited January 2015
    Not a bad start poker wise for this year, won the ukpc semi after getting in for £5, finished 13th in the mini rebuy tonight. off to bed now, thanks to all the railers espec DB who kept my interest up when I was getting bored :)

Happy New Year to you all, thank you for all your good wishes.
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    HNY Tom xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you and a very happy new year to you and Mr Duck (almost made the catastrophic error of not checking that f is next to d on the keyboard yikes) 
  • edited January 2015
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015 Tom.

Cheers

Tuney

(An Outlaw - we're mostly a pretty good lot btw!)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Thank you and a very happy new year to you and Mr Duck (almost made the catastrophic error of not checking that f is next to d on the keyboard yikes) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    lol ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Not a bad start poker wise for this year, won the ukpc semi after getting in for £5, finished 13th in the mini rebuy tonight. off to bed now, thanks to all the railers espec DB who kept my interest up when I was getting bored :)

Happy New Year to you all, thank you for all your good wishes.

thanks tom it is probably the nearest i 'll ever get  to see winning ukpc semi and db  mentioned in the same paragraph
    seriously it was a pleasure the boy did good.
  • edited January 2015
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015 Tom. Cheers Tuney (An Outlaw - we're mostly a pretty good lot btw!)
    Posted by Enut
    Same to you my good man.
  • edited January 2015
    Haven't posted for a while, thought I would give a brief update.
    I have had my first week of radiotherapy, the very first day was a little bit emotional for me, it's easy enough talking and posting about what is happening but when I am there and getting prepared it sort of makes it all real.

I am going to work as I would like to keep things as normal as possible, it has been a tough week there, I was in charge on the shop floor before this and as posted previously I am now working in the office, well ... One of the other chaps is off with a bad back, so I go on the shop floor to help out...big mistake..one of the other chaps is a little hot headed and to keep this as brief as poss made my life hell., I had to have Thursday off as I was feeling really sick,went to bed at 2.30 straight after my hospital appointment.

Played the ukops final and really enjoyed playing with the big guns, I was chipleader for a brief time, nutter knocked me out eventually, I may have played the hand wrong but hey ho, I had pok 7s allin to his raise pre and c bet on a board of 762. He had 8 10 , turn 5 river 9... There's always next time :)
  • edited January 2015
    Ps, it's good to see pudd back posting, Harry you are a devil ;) let's see how things go.
  • edited January 2015

Thanks for the Update Tom.

At least the radiotherapy has started, I guess the first one must be the most scary one.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tom, I spotted you in one of my £5.75BHs the other day, I was really hoping to make the ft (and you too) so we could have a nice chat, but I busted out quickly lol
    Try not to take any sh't at work and shame about the UKOPS!
    Take care,
    Ducky
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tom, I spotted you in one of my £5.75BHs the other day, I was really hoping to make the ft (and you too) so we could have a nice chat, but I busted out quickly lol Try not to take any sh't at work and shame about the UKOPS! Take care, Ducky
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you, am in the semi again but need to quad up rapido :) hope to see you on the felt , I may be a little slow at chat/reply but I will try, glk and tc,,x
  • edited January 2015

hi tom very pleased to see you feel well enough to spend a but of time posting I hope things are going well 
    as for the kernt who's giving you a hard time at work he really wants to get a life karma and all that to him xxx db

• edited January 2015
    Ps, it's good to see pudd back posting, Harry you are a devil ;) let's see how things go.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    :)

All the best Tom, I do drop by (silently until now) in this thread to see how you're doing. I'm sure we'll share a table soon again as well.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : :) All the best Tom, I do drop by (silently until now) in this thread to see how you're doing. I'm sure we'll share a table soon again as well.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I am honoured, thank you for your kind words.. ( I'll keep it to myself, don't want to ruin your rep. :) )
  • edited January 2015
    Only just stumbling across this my love, always had a good laugh with you on the tables... would never guess you have been going through all this with your chirpy outlook.

Wishing you all the best, to you and your family xx
  • edited January 2015
    Keep the positivity on the up and up m8.Inspirin stuff.
    Paul
  • edited January 2015
    Only just stumbling across this my love, always had a good laugh with you on the tables... would never guess you have been going through all this with your chirpy outlook. Wishing you all the best, to you and your family xx
    Posted by samantha25
    Thanks Sam,you are indeed an enigma wrapped in a mystery surrounded by fog;) I appreciate you taking the time to post your good wishes in between gulps of the "Amber nectar" perchance ;) look after youself love and be happy x
  • edited January 2015
    Keep the positivity on the up and up m8.Inspirin stuff. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Thank you very much,it means a lot to me that you post this when you have your own issues to deal with,you my good man are the inspiration to all us fathers,take care and the very best of luck on the felt.
  • edited January 2015
    The treatment is taking its toll at the moment,I have had 10 sessions of the 23 so almost half way,my appointments were at 6.12 pm I have been getting up for work at 5am then with the drive to Brighton I was getting home around half 7 pm.

My wife asked if we could change the times as she could see that I was running on very little energy, besides it was playing havoc with my poker regging :) the receptionist was very helpful and she has managed to change next weeks appointments to earlier ones so that will be a big help.

One morning I was going into the petrol station where I get my paper and chat to the ladies putting the world to rights I saw a big lorry pull away with the bloke texting, course that became my moan of the day as I entered the aforementioned and picked my paper up and started my rant about folk not looking where they were going...and promptly fell over the "careful floor cleaning" sign .....doh....
  • edited January 2015
    thanks for the update tom 5 till 7 on a regular basis  is tiring enough for any body whose fully fit.
    on the positive note your nearly half way through your course of treatment and hopefully can start to see the light  at the end of the tunnel.

your wife seems to be a very good organiser and I suggest her next duty
    should be to try and find a gap in your schedule and book you an appointment at Specsavers.

take care tom and thanks once again for the update best wishes to you and yours  db xxx
  • edited January 2015
    thanks for the update tom 5 till 7 on a regular basis  is tiring enough for any body whose fully fit. on the positive note your nearly half way through your course of treatment and hopefully can start to see the light  at the end of the tunnel. your wife seems to be a very good organiser and I suggest her next duty should be to try and find a gap in your schedule and book you an appointment at Specsavers. take care tom and thanks once again for the update best wishes to you and yours  db xxx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thanks a lot for your good wishes, yes I definitely need to be organized and taken in hand :) hope to see you soon on the virtual felt, good luck on the pokeramo and life front. xx
  • edited January 2015

"....I have had 10 sessions of the 23 so almost half way....."

Great news Tom, "only" 13 left, & the finish line for the treatment is a lot nearer than it was a week or two ago.
  • edited January 2015
    Feeling bit down at present, without giving too much sordid detail my tummy is poorly,guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself and it will pass soon, hate taking tablets and am on quite a few a day, need to add some to solve my tummy prob sigh..

It saddens me to see so much grief/argument/nastiness on a forum thread, I hope this gets resolved for the better soon,it's just the same in everyday life that arguments start from the smallest thing,comment,look,tone of voice ,disagreement on what is best way to play..etc..etc, we are all here for just a brief glimpse in time and making the most of it and being happy seems to allude folk,or maybe I read to much into it and folk like the arguments..who knows,certainly not me.

Poker wise doing ok..ish, finished in top 20 or so in dtd1 and made it to the ukC semi again, but busted out,I will keep trying though,would love to get a seat there,give me something to look forward to.

Thanks for kind comments all,I feel blessed.
  • edited January 2015
    Feeling bit down at present, without giving too much sordid detail my tummy is poorly,guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself and it will pass soon, hate taking tablets and am on quite a few a day, need to add some to solve my tummy prob sigh.. It saddens me to see so much grief/argument/nastiness on a forum thread, I hope this gets resolved for the better soon,it's just the same in everyday life that arguments start from the smallest thing,comment,look,tone of voice ,disagreement on what is best way to play..etc..etc, we are all here for just a brief glimpse in time and making the most of it and being happy seems to allude folk,or maybe I read to much into it and folk like the arguments..who knows,certainly not me. Poker wise doing ok..ish, finished in top 20 or so in dtd1 and made it to the ukC semi again, but busted out,I will keep trying though,would love to get a seat there,give me something to look forward to. Thanks for kind comments all,I feel blessed.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sorry to hear you,re feelin down man.Tbf,youve got every reason to,but you still seem to post upliftin stuff.
    Keep on truckin as they say.
    Paul
  • edited January 2015
    Feeling bit down at present, without giving too much sordid detail my tummy is poorly,guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself and it will pass soon, hate taking tablets and am on quite a few a day, need to add some to solve my tummy prob sigh.. It saddens me to see so much grief/argument/nastiness on a forum thread, I hope this gets resolved for the better soon,it's just the same in everyday life that arguments start from the smallest thing,comment,look,tone of voice ,disagreement on what is best way to play..etc..etc, we are all here for just a brief glimpse in time and making the most of it and being happy seems to allude folk,or maybe I read to much into it and folk like the arguments..who knows,certainly not me. Poker wise doing ok..ish, finished in top 20 or so in dtd1 and made it to the ukC semi again, but busted out,I will keep trying though,would love to get a seat there,give me something to look forward to. Thanks for kind comments all,I feel blessed.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    You've got to remember Tom they are hitting you with some pretty powerful stuff, it's going to have side effects. Good to see you running well at the poker.

Keep on fighting!
  • edited January 2015
    Forum seems back to normal now...it's safe to come back :)
    Hope all is going ok and hope to see you soon xx