You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited January 2015
    hi tom i hope your feeling a bit better this week we need you fit and well and back on the poker table
    I've had a good month with the poker myself and in danger of showing a profit on the month for the first time ever wow.
    no wins but a good few decent cashes but my proudest moment was a 5th out of over 200 in a dtd on Monday.
    whether the cards are just running for me or the penny's  dropped I'm not quite sure but I need you fit and well for when I  take all your chips and get my revenge for the nightmare of the beating you gave me when our paths first crossed.
    keep your spirits up  tom hopefully you can see the end of the road getting closer.

db xxx
  • edited January 2015
    Hi

Been a silent reader for a while now.

Really great to see the honesty that you are showing in your battle. You are clearly a very strong willed individual and i wish you all the best! I love to see you got your appointment changed, sure the tirlerdness thing was just the side story .... ;)

Hope to see you on the tables
  • edited January 2015

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

How many "sessions" left?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    hi tom i hope your feeling a bit better this week we need you fit and well and back on the poker table I've had a good month with the poker myself and in danger of showing a profit on the month for the first time ever wow. no wins but a good few decent cashes but my proudest moment was a 5th out of over 200 in a dtd on Monday. whether the cards are just running for me or the penny's  dropped I'm not quite sure but I need you fit and well for when I  take all your chips and get my revenge for the nightmare of the beating you gave me when our paths first crossed. keep your spirits up  tom hopefully you can see the end of the road getting closer. db xxx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Wow! 5th of over 200 that is awesome,bet you felt chuffed,Very well done, I better choose my moves carefully when we meet on the felt.of course I shall take some of the credit grasshopper ;) I have got today off work, first sick day in a while apart from being in hospital when I had the op,it feels strange being home alone, and the guilt omg!! Take care and I guess you don't need my good luck wishes now but I shall send them anyway.x
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Been a silent reader for a while now. Really great to see the honesty that you are showing in your battle. You are clearly a very strong willed individual and i wish you all the best! I love to see you got your appointment changed, sure the tirlerdness thing was just the side story .... ;) Hope to see you on the tables
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Hi Nuggy,thanks for your post, ha yea defo had to get the appointments changed,late regging was playing havoc with my game, I mean everybody knows how tight I play early doors ;)
    Always a pleasure to see you on the felt , good luck my good man.
  • edited January 2015
    Forum seems back to normal now...it's safe to come back :) Hope all is going ok and hope to see you soon xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Hi ducky, (iPad changed the d to an s this time,good job I check ;) yes all seem back to normal and the heads up pairings thread is a hoot,:) good luck x
  • edited January 2015
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now. How many "sessions" left?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi, I felt pretty bad at the weekend and have decided to take today off work,feels really strange being home when I am so used to the routine of getting up early,going to work,then hospital.
    I have 8 sessions remaining so the light is at the end of the tunnel so to speak,I need to change my follow up appointment as the head radiographer told me last week that I should be seen 8 weeks after my last session which should be week commencing 30/3 and my original appointment was 3/3.
    I have rung the number on the letter and got an answerphone message saying she is on holiday until something of feb( I didn't listen and can't bring myself to ring again to go through the faff of being put through after 10 minutes of "music") I then rang the main hospital number which rang...and rang..etc.must be busy I guess.
    Poker wise I am playing like a numpty.
    On the bright side i can cook toast.
  • edited January 2015
    do call the pope if you drop your toast and it lands butter side up, as it's clearly a miracle
    nope he replied when i phoned, apparently i had buttered the wrong side - must try harder
    (sorry for that - I was going to comment on your telephoning experience but decided against when i realised it was just going to be a huge rant - and couldn't think of what else to say)
  • edited January 2015
    20 down 3 to go,on the plus side I am nearing the end of my radiotherapy and it has brought home to me how much I am cared for in my family,when you are thinking nobody gives a damn about me (when you are feeling low) things like this happen and it brings great joy when everyone pulls together and shows just the opposite,sure day to day stuff happens but as I have mentioned before let the small things go because to quote that often used "at the end of the day" (which I always interrupt by..it's midnight.) families and friends do care.

I am really chuffed for James Rann making the final table in the Aussie millions main event,thanks again go to Mr Tony Kendal for starting the thread on his progress,so much for skypoker being a soft site ey :) hope he goes on to take it down,whatever happens he has done incredibly well to make it this far, fab to see a good guy do well.

I may be playing tonight and I will try to say hi to anyone that would like to partake but just lately i have been having a little difficulty concentrating on the 4 tables I generally play,I like to mix it up playing hold em ,bounty hunters and Omaha hi lo,keeps the brain ticking over but is not good strategy I know :) good luck all.
  • edited February 2015
    hi tom only 3 to go on the radiotherapy great news hopefully it will ease your schedule a bit as well not so much running about. I'm  pleased your upbeat and enjoying a bit of family tlc  there nothing like having your family unit in your corner
    to cheer you up.
    last week I was preening my feathers telling you about my break through 5th in one of the dtds  and  to get well quickly so
    I could get my revenge at the tables.
    after Mondays pathetic  showing of 2nd off last of anybody who played  all 3 I don't think there's any rush take your time. 

dbxx
  • edited February 2015
    Hey m8,still readin.Good to see you're near completion.Just 3 to go.Im sure you're happy as a pig in s**te about reachin  this stage.Re family,its massive to have a supportve family unit for any stage of whatever situation you're facing.
    Keep up the good work lad
    Paul
  • edited February 2015

Nearly there Tom, bet you'd not want to seee January again.

February will be better, & so will you.

• edited February 2015
    Nearly there Tom, bet you'd not want to seee January again. February will be better, & so will you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I do know what you mean Tikay, but I bet Tom wants to see lots & lots of Januarys! ;)

As someone said earlier, inspirational stuff-as I have said at a poker table, best to save your "one time" for the Doctors....

Glad to see the treatment nearly done-take care:-you clearly have a great family, but your adoptive one on here is rooting for you too
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Tom,

Hope things are going ok? GL
  • edited February 2015

Team 'Positive Vibes' still thinking of ya Tom!
    xx

• edited February 2015

Is it your final session today, Tom?

Hope so.

Good vibes sent.
  • edited February 2015
    Thank you all for the kind words, I had my last radiotherapy treatment yesterday, I was a tad emotional when leaving hospital. I have been given a booklet which explains what happens next and I had a skim read through it, I have a follow up appointment with the consultant in 8 weeks time when he will tell me how long I stay on hormone therapy and let me know the results of the first blood test I will have had after my treatment.

It is hard to put into words how I am feeling, seems a long time ago when I was first diagnosed and all the words of encouragement and help from my family have been a huge help in getting me through this up to now.

My wife is being very supportive as usual and is saying we can now start planning for a holiday ( she has promised to take me and our son and daughter to Vegas next year as my daughter turns 21 :), we also have been looking to move house and have an offer on ours and found a new build house which we both love, 3 bedrooms with 2 en suites.

Once again I would like to express my gratitude to all who have posted, it really helps me to see that you folk take the time to read my ramblings, I shall endeavour to keep updating when I have summat to report, maybe even a poker bink as I am due one. good luck all, x
  • edited February 2015
    Hope it's all good news for you, you deserve it.
  • edited February 2015
    get plenty of rest put into the rest bank if you can tom it will pay dividends in the long run, your bodies been through a lot both physically and emotionally don't try to run before you can walk. db xx
  • edited February 2015
    Hope it's all working out for you Tom :)
  • edited February 2015
    GL Tom!!!

let us know how you getting on??

Be Strong, Our Thoughts are with You!!
  • edited February 2015
    Thank you all for the kind words, I had my last radiotherapy treatment yesterday, I was a tad emotional when leaving hospital. I have been given a booklet which explains what happens next and I had a skim read through it, I have a follow up appointment with the consultant in 8 weeks time when he will tell me how long I stay on hormone therapy and let me know the results of the first blood test I will have had after my treatment. It is hard to put into words how I am feeling, seems a long time ago when I was first diagnosed and all the words of encouragement and help from my family have been a huge help in getting me through this up to now. My wife is being very supportive as usual and is saying we can now start planning for a holiday ( she has promised to take me and our son and daughter to Vegas next year as my daughter turns 21 :), we also have been looking to move house and have an offer on ours and found a new build house which we both love, 3 bedrooms with 2 en suites. Once again I would like to express my gratitude to all who have posted, it really helps me to see that you folk take the time to read my ramblings, I shall endeavour to keep updating when I have summat to report, maybe even a poker bink as I am due one. good luck all, x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    my best wishes i send you tom, and also with the new house,xxxx
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : my best wishes i send you tom, and also with the new house,xxxx
    Posted by paige55
    Thanks Paige, hope to see you soon on the felt. tc. x
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : I do know what you mean Tikay, but I bet Tom wants to see lots & lots of Januarys! ;) As someone said earlier, inspirational stuff-as I have said at a poker table, best to save your "one time" for the Doctors.... Glad to see the treatment nearly done-take care:-you clearly have a great family, but your adoptive one on here is rooting for you too
    Posted by Essexphil
    Thanks Phil, most kind. I am doing ok at the moment, still feeling rough at times but am plodding on trying to keep things as normal as poss. Well done on your wsop binkage, pretty much put my brag to bed now I guess :)
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Tom, Hope things are going ok? GL
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glen, yes am not doing too bad thank you, still a bit of a poorly tum at times and hot flushes but that's to be expected. g lk on the felt
  • edited February 2015
    Hey m8,still readin.Good to see you're near completion.Just 3 to go.Im sure you're happy as a pig in s**te about reachin  this stage.Re family,its massive to have a supportve family unit for any stage of whatever situation you're facing. Keep up the good work lad Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Thanks Paul, yes it is really good to not have to travel to Brighton everyday, just trying to get my head round the next stages of the on going treatment, it pretty much is watch and wait really, fingers crossed I shall be ok. Hope you and your family are keeping well. t c and glk
  • edited February 2015
    Nearly there Tom, bet you'd not want to seee January again. February will be better, & so will you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks my good man, good to see you crushing the pl08 tables as per :) Simon Bates ey yup I saw what you did, very good :)
  • edited February 2015
    GL Tom!!! let us know how you getting on?? Be Strong, Our Thoughts are with You!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Hi Dave. thank you for your good wishes, now stop taking my chips in the dtd games :) tc and glk on the felt.
  • edited February 2015
    Team 'Positive Vibes' still thinking of ya Tom! xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks Karen, you do make me chuckle. lovely to see you and your arch nemesis battling on the felt . tc hun and glk x
  • edited February 2015
    Hope it's all good news for you, you deserve it.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks Dale, hope you are well. glk at the tables, always nice to have you to my left :)