You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited November 2014
    May your run-good continue on and off the tables.
  • edited December 2014
    you did well on Monday  tom 7th wasn't it although for a short while I  hoped I was going  to be somewhere near myself

I wasn't sure whether if it made me feel better or worse when I saw the fella who put me out on that all in hand went on to

win to finish first.

a bit of dumb blond  cracker barrel wisdom to pass on, a friend of the family a real high flyer takes on some high pressure

projects I once asked him how he managed to cope with the pressure of the situations.

his answer was that once he started a job he split every thing into  percentages before he knew it he had 10 % finished 

then 20% then once he got past 50%  he knew he had less to do  than he'd already done and it got ever nearer till

he'd finished .

I just wondered  if it was a technique that might help you during your treatment sessions  please accept  this in

the spirit it is meant tom I'm in your corner rooting for you.

but also feel free  to say db you talk a load of rubbish cause I know I very often do.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story:
    B DAY imminent. I have been running pretty good/ lucky on the pokeramo front lately, my sister wants to go Brighton dogs on 20 th dec so I withdrew some funds and said I would pay for us all, yikes there's now 11 of us and at £34.50 each that's a bit of a hit lol.,I haven't seen her for a while as she lives oop north so it will be really nice to catch up. The above was written before the postman arrived, I received a letter today bearing good? News. I have my date for the brachytherapy op, it is the 18 th December , I also have a pre radiotherapy planning meeting at hospital on 4 th December , and a pre op appointment at haywards Heath hospital on the 8th December. How am I feeling.? Well,,, nervous,scared, but on the other hand grateful that I have a condition that potentially can be treated, also I feel very lucky to have a wife and family that support me through these testing times. It seems I will have to cancel the trip to Brighton dogs,shame but hey oh I think the treatment out kicks it. Thanks for all the best wishes and be lucky all.x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    I just wanted to post now, because my memory is like a sieve, & I may forgot tomorrow.

So tomorrow is the first leg of your "treble".

Fingers crossed for you, my thoughts & wishes will be with you (assuming I remember, lol) & I'm sending you some of my own good vibes.

Must be a bit daunting for your family, too. Sure you'll be as strong for them as they will be for you.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : I just wanted to post now, because my memory is like a sieve, & I may forgot tomorrow. So tomorrow is the first leg of your "treble".   Fingers crossed for you, my thoughts & wishes will be with you (assuming I remember, lol) & I'm sending you some of my own good vibes. Must be a bit daunting for your family, too. Sure you'll be as strong for them as they will be for you.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you, I had the scan, all went well, They have given me the dates for my radiotherapy and more pre planning dates. I have an appointment on the 29th Dec, then my radiotherapy starts on the 5th Jan daily until 4th Feb ( except weekends)

There was a little tear in my wife's eye when they gave me the form with the dates on, pretty much broke my heart to see her upset., we shall both be strong and get through this together.

Still running ok on the pokeramo front, fin 4th in the 1k gtd  b hunter last night, I'm the final table guest of the week :)

I gave my good lady an early xmas present yesterday, an I phone6 plus, she' a bit of a tech wiz and loves her gadgets like that, she absolutely loves it. I am a hero :) Got loads of brownie points to cash in for that...arf arf.

We got to the hospital a tad early today so she got it out...and the ipad she had brought along,,,gave me the ipad and synced? it to the phone and omg I could access he tinternet whilst we were parking...wowzer, I find it hard enough turning my pc on.

I will keep updates on here, I am not on facebook or twitter or any other social media site, I guess this helps me get things off my chest, I appreciate all the kind comments, I wish all of you a happy and healthy holiday season, tc and g.luck.

• edited December 2014
    you did well on Monday  tom 7th wasn't it although for a short while I  hoped I was going  to be somewhere near myself I wasn't sure whether if it made me feel better or worse when I saw the fella who put me out on that all in hand went on to win to finish first. a bit of dumb blond  cracker barrel wisdom to pass on, a friend of the family a real high flyer takes on some high pressure projects I once asked him how he managed to cope with the pressure of the situations. his answer was that once he started a job he split every thing into  percentages before he knew it he had 10 % finished  then 20% then once he got past 50%  he knew he had less to do  than he'd already done and it got ever nearer till he'd finished . I just wondered  if it was a technique that might help you during your treatment sessions  please accept  this in the spirit it is meant tom I'm in your corner rooting for you. but also feel free  to say db you talk a load of rubbish cause I know I very often do.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thank you for this,much appreciated., it does make sense and I may just try this technique to help me cope, see the post above for the latest update. Good luck and take care.
  • edited December 2014

Morning Tom.

I'm not sure what was on the agenda yesterday, but it does look like they are being remarkably efficient & organised at the Hossie.

A MONTH of chemo, daily? Sheesh, that will be a challenge, but you will get through.   

Unfortunately, I am not so well organised, as I said "good luck TOMORROW" when of course I mean't today. Yesterday. I had made little Diary "reminders" to remind myself of your hossie dates, & I got them mixed up.

A very strange day at work for my colleagues @ 861 & myself yesterday, too, with the takeover & everything. Uncertainty is like a big cloud, it hangs over everyone. But we have our health, that's all that matters. Fingers crossed yours will be fine again soon, too.  

• edited December 2014
    Morning Tom. I'm not sure what was on the agenda yesterday, but it does look like they are being remarkably efficient & organised at the Hossie. A MONTH of chemo, daily? Sheesh, that will be a challenge, but you will get through.    Unfortunately, I am not so well organised, as I said "good luck TOMORROW" when of course I mean't today. Yesterday. I had made little Diary "reminders" to remind myself of your hossie dates, & I got them mixed up.   A very strange day at work for my colleagues @ 861 & myself yesterday, too, with the takeover & everything. Uncertainty is like a big cloud, it hangs over everyone. But we have our health, that's all that matters. Fingers crossed yours will be fine again soon, too.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you for posting your good wishes, just a small point though., I shall be having radiotherapy not chemo , that is a different thing; I do hope all goes well with the take over thingy, it would be a massive shame if things were drastically changed on the poker site. I must say this site is the best I have played on for many reasons, not least your good self with all the hard work and general chit chat you post. It must have been very daunting for you and others at sky poker when the take over was announced, I do hope the big wigs don't change things for change sake, I have seen it too many times go down the pan when someone high up makes a sweeping decision.

That's very kind of you to make notes of my appointments, my wife does the same and I feel humbled that folk care about me, I have suffered in the past .... I will leave it there as I was going to go down bad memories.

Note I say above this is the best site I have played on, even after winning a seat at main event on another site( Yep I couldn't resist ;) )

I did post a rather good analogy ( I thought so anyway ) a while back about a man who has big ideas and it all goes to pot...I sincerely hope that will not be the case here.

I am writing this because it is late and I want my wife to have at least a couple of hours sleep before I go to bed, I have been waking her up with my hot sweats and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo,I feel rotten about that, she says its ok you cant help it, I know but it still makes me feel really bad.

Poker wise I was rubbish tonight, couldn't do owt, my time will come again though.

Goodnight all, I am rambling now so methinks its time to shut up. tc and good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    May your run-good continue on and off the tables.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick, hope you are well after the scaffolding has come down, tc mate and good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : Thank you for posting your good wishes, just a small point though., I shall be having radiotherapy not chemo , that is a different thing; I do hope all goes well with the take over thingy, it would be a massive shame if things were drastically changed on the poker site. I must say this site is the best I have played on for many reasons, not least your good self with all the hard work and general chit chat you post. It must have been very daunting for you and others at sky poker when the take over was announced, I do hope the big wigs don't change things for change sake, I have seen it too many times go down the pan when someone high up makes a sweeping decision. That's very kind of you to make notes of my appointments, my wife does the same and I feel humbled that folk care about me, I have suffered in the past .... I will leave it there as I was going to go down bad memories. Note I say above this is the best site I have played on, even after winning a seat at main event on another site( Yep I couldn't resist ;) ) I did post a rather good analogy ( I thought so anyway ) a while back about a man who has big ideas and it all goes to pot...I sincerely hope that will not be the case here. I am writing this because it is late and I want my wife to have at least a couple of hours sleep before I go to bed, I have been waking her up with my hot sweats and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo,I feel rotten about that, she says its ok you cant help it, I know but it still makes me feel really bad. Poker wise I was rubbish tonight, couldn't do owt, my time will come again though. Goodnight all, I am rambling now so methinks its time to shut up. tc and good luck.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Ahh, sorry for confusing "chemo" & "radiotherapy", presumably - I hope - radiotherapy is a little more beareable.
  • edited December 2014

Tomorrow (Monday) is your appointment @ Haywards Heath for "pre-op planning" I think.

Fingers crossed & good vibes sent, as usual.
  • edited December 2014
    Tomorrow (Monday) is your appointment @ Haywards Heath for "pre-op planning" I think. Fingers crossed & good vibes sent, as usual.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Indeed it is,thank you for the good vibes. I think you are quite right on the chemo v radiotherapy issue, radiotherapy is beams passed through the body,chemo is as it suggests a chemical. I am hoping that the combination of brachytherapy and radiotherapy means I won't have the chemo.

I am getting a little bit miffed at some of the forum posts, I have just added my two pennorth on one, I think I should just keep schtum really and focus on my own issues,I will never learn....
  • edited December 2014
    I've got to say tom that it sounds as though your in good hands the unit dealing with your treatment seems top notch

and extremely well organised. I had a little chuckle when you were  comparing the wife's  techno skills to you  own

it crossed my mind as to whether you were trying to weigh up if you could play poker whilst getting  or waiting for the

treatment.

• edited December 2014
    I don't know why the words disperse in all directions it looks great here well set out and tidy till I press the button

it must be a blond thing
  • edited December 2014
    I've got to say tom that it sounds as though your in good hands the unit dealing with your treatment seems top notch and extremely well organised. I had a little chuckle when you were  comparing the wife's  techno skills to you  own it crossed my mind as to whether you were trying to weigh up if you could play poker whilst getting  or waiting for the treatment.  
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Indeed, I went to the hospital today and I had my height (6ft 1 inches) weight (13 stone 7lbs) blood pressure ( perfect) 2 lots of blood tests, heart scan, and taken through the procedure of the 18th, and what to do(or not to) on the day before, I was in and out of hospital in 1 and half hours, that's really fab.I shall not be going to work on the day before, apparently I cannot eat and I have to stay near a loo after drinking the pixalix they have given me to drink at 8.30 am....
  • edited December 2014
    all the best tom
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : Indeed, I went to the hospital today and I had my height (6ft 1 inches) weight (13 stone 7lbs) blood pressure ( perfect) 2 lots of blood tests, heart scan, and taken through the procedure of the 18th, and what to do(or not to) on the day before, I was in and out of hospital in 1 and half hours, that's really fab.I shall not be going to work on the day before, apparently I cannot eat and I have to stay near a loo after drinking the pixalix they have given me to drink at 8.30 am....
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Now THAT seems a reasonable justification for breaks every hour - or even 5 minutes - in MTT's!

As has been noted before, it does sound like they are all very organised & efficient. 

18th December is the next stop on the Get Better Express, woo-woo
  • edited December 2014
    Just another "Good Luck" & sending good vibes.
  • edited December 2014
    all the best tom
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    Thank you,hope to meet at the tables soon, good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    Just another "Good Luck" & sending good vibes.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks glen,very kind of you to take the time to post,it is much appreciated.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : Now THAT seems a reasonable justification for breaks every hour - or even 5 minutes - in MTT's! As has been noted before, it does sound like they are all very organised & efficient.  18th December is the next stop on the Get Better Express, woo-woo
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha,indeed it is ,methinks it will have to be take the laptop in the bathroom with me,my play is similar to what I shall be doing in there ��
  • edited December 2014
     I hope your not feeling too bad and are keeping yourself occupied tom lots of hugs and cuddles with your loved ones
    is doctor  blonds prescription to keep your spirits up.
  • edited December 2014
     I hope your not feeling too bad and are keeping yourself occupied tom lots of hugs and cuddles with your loved ones . is doctor  blonds prescription to keep your spirits up.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thank you,my iPad is playing up at the moment,I tried to post that I tried to reg for the £2 bounty hunter at 8.05 and my iPad registered me for the main event instead! I haven't a clue how much it cost,there was over 300 runners ,I played ok and made the final table,fin 4 th for £369 happy days.
  • edited December 2014

Nice result last night Tom...well done.
  • edited December 2014
    Nice result last night Tom...well done.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan, sorry for knocking you out the mini tother night with my q9? It's my fav hand and was being stubborn protecting my bb,hope you run well at the tables,as well as I am running to the bathroom atm;) prob too much info ey.
  • edited December 2014
    Today hasn't been too bad really, apart from having nothing to eat and going to the bathroom frequently, I have to be at the hospital at. 7.30 am tomorrow,I have to say I am a bit worried but I need to stay calm and trust the staff.

My good lady wife is showing signs of stress which is understandable, I hope she will be ok whilst I am in, they said I may be in 2 days dependent on recovery.

My wife pointed out I was running low on my tablets so with the Xmas period coming I rang the doctors to ask for a repeat prescription,oh dear....that's when it all goes pear shaped...here's how it went. Me - " hello I am in hospital tomorrow and I'm afraid I am low on my tablets would it be possible to have a repeat prescription please", gestapo lady receptionist - " no we don't do them over the phone", me- would it be possible to speak to a doctor? Gestapo - " no the doctor doesn't do that" me( let's try the sympathy route) " I'm having brachytherapy tomorrow can I do it any other way" g.l.- " you will have to  come here with a note" 
    So I had to wait for the wife to fin work and take me all the time hoping I wouldn't have an accident in my pants...fab
  • edited December 2014
    ho ho ho tom great result all the best johnny i was cheering you on lol
  • edited December 2014
    Tonight will be my last poker session for a short time ( hopefully) I would like to express my thanks to all of you splendid chaps and chappesses who have taken the time to wish me well,I really do appreciate it.

Take care all and the best of luck on the felt and more important in life.x
  • edited December 2014
    ho ho ho tom great result all the best johnny i was cheering you on lol
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Hey jonny ;) thanks mate. Hope you are well and doing good on the tables, may see you in the deep stack tonight, be careful though I'm a lucky so and so :) I reckon the demon of AK ( my wsop exit hand) have been laid to rest by the hand last night late in the tourney,3 way allin I had AK both tothers had QQ so when an ace came on the flop it was pretty much locked down :)

Good luck mate,tc
  • edited December 2014
    GL Tom with the therapy and wd in the main!
    Hope you have a nice Xmas :)
    xx
  • edited December 2014
    Thank you,my iPad is playing up at the moment,I tried to post that I tried to reg for the £2 bounty hunter at 8.05 and my iPad registered me for the main event instead! I haven't a clue how much it cost,there was over 300 runners ,I played ok and made the final table,fin 4 th for £369 happy days.

nice touch tom  if any body deserved a timely boost you defiantly deserved to be on the short list.
    your treatment by the  gargoyle at the doctors beggars belief your wife wants to complain to the practice manager as if you didn't have enough on your plate.
    good luck  and I hope every thing goes well at the hospital for you and your family.