You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Good luck from all your friends in TPT, hope the treatment goes well Tom.
  • edited December 2014

Nice to share a table with you tonight, & well done on your Main Event result on Monday, too.

Good vibes sent for tomorrow (Thursday).
  • edited December 2014

Hope it went OK yesterday Tom, & you did not find it too much of an ordeal.
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Tom,
    Just catching up with your posts.
    I noticed you had another session yesterday.
    I hope things went as well as possible.
    Good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    thinking of you and yours during this difficult time tom
  • edited December 2014
    I have been discharged and am at home,I am hoping to play tonight.

Thanks for the good vibe messages,they helped me a lot, i don't remember having a session on the 18th dragon as that was when I was admitted to hospital although I did have a quick peek in the forum about 5 am before I set off.

My stay in hospital was a tad traumatic at times but I have to say the staff were marvellous and helped me cope with everything that happened.

As always my wife has been wonderful,keeping my spirits up when I was at my lowest and bringing the kids up to see me albeit for the few minutes they were allowed on the night of the 18th,my treatment was supposed to be 20mins but due to complications was 2 hours.

I will try to converse in the chat box if I play later but please bear with me if I take a while or turn chat off for a bit.
  • edited December 2014

Good to know you are home now Tom.

If you feel up for a game sometime later, the PLO8 crew will always be pleased to see you.

Take it easy today, rest up & try to relax.

It must help that you have what sounds like a really wonderful wife.
  • edited December 2014
    Sorry Tom, I wasn't talking poker.

I meant your trip to hospital.

Glad you are back and maybe feeling up to a few games.

Good luck at the tables 

And away from them.
  • edited December 2014
    nice to hear your out of hospital but it must have been awful for you that due to the complications  a planned 20 minute
    session turned into  a 2 hour stint. not very good for the nerves on your first session.
    i'm  pleased you feel well enough to have a game at the tables an encouraging sign just settle your self down and watch the toon beat sunderland at lunch time.
    I hope things go well for you this week  and i'll take the opportunity to wish your self and  your family all the best during the  festivities although  you have other things on your mind I hope your in good spirits despite the circumstances 
    love db xx 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story:
    nice to hear your out of hospital but it must have been awful for you that due to the complications  a planned 20 minute session turned into  a 2 hour stint. not very good for the nerves on your first session. i'm  pleased you feel well enough to have a game at the tables an encouraging sign just settle your self down and watch the toon beat sunderland at lunch time. I hope things go well for you this week  and i'll take the opportunity to wish your self and  your family all the best during the  festivities although  you have other things on your mind I hope your in good spirits despite the circumstances  love db xx 
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thank you,and a very happy Xmas and new year to you and your family.
    I had an operation on Thursday,the radiotherapy starts in January, it brought to mind something I recall reading in a joke book,goes something like this...a young woman is having a baby and decides to have it "au natural" ie no pain relief,and goes to her mother to tell her what she is planning.,her mother is a wise soul," mum how much does childbirth hurt" well says mum,pinch your bottom lip as hard as you can,ohh says the daughter yes that hurts a lot but I think I will be able to stand it.ok says mum,now pull it over your head and staple it to your neck....
  • edited December 2014
    Hey m8.Still readin.Still sendin those good vibes.Amazing resilience.
    Be good
    paul
  • edited December 2014
    a very merry xmas and happy new year  to my mate tom and his family all the best pal johnny
  • edited December 2014

Thank you,and a very happy Xmas and new year to you and your family.

I had an operation on Thursday,the radiotherapy starts in January, it brought to mind something I recall reading in a joke book,goes something like this...a young woman is having a baby and decides to have it "au natural" ie no pain relief,and goes to her mother to tell her what she is planning.,her mother is a wise soul," mum how much does childbirth hurt" well says mum,pinch your bottom lip as hard as you can,ohh says the daughter yes that hurts a lot but I think I will be able to stand it.ok says mum,now pull it over your head and staple it to your neck....

tom  i've  heard of a husband who when asked what it was like being present at the birth of  his son replied it was like
    watching a wet st Bernard squeezing its self through a cat-flap------------
  • edited December 2014
    Thank you,and a very happy Xmas and new year to you and your family. I had an operation on Thursday,the radiotherapy starts in January, it brought to mind something I recall reading in a joke book,goes something like this...a young woman is having a baby and decides to have it "au natural" ie no pain relief,and goes to her mother to tell her what she is planning.,her mother is a wise soul," mum how much does childbirth hurt" well says mum,pinch your bottom lip as hard as you can,ohh says the daughter yes that hurts a lot but I think I will be able to stand it.ok says mum,now pull it over your head and staple it to your neck.... tom  i've  heard of a husband who when asked what it was like being present at the birth of  his son replied it was like watching a wet st Bernard squeezing its self through a cat-flap------------
    Posted by dumb_blond
    I asked my wife if there was a comparable experience for me-she suggested i pass a coconut down 1 nostril.

Great thread-I wish the OP a particularly Happy New Year.
  • edited December 2014
    a very merry xmas and happy new year  to my mate tom and his family all the best pal johnny
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Thanks Jonny, and all the best to your good self and family
  • edited December 2014
    Hey m8.Still readin.Still sendin those good vibes.Amazing resilience. Be good paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Thanks Paul  All the best to you and your family.
  • edited December 2014
    Thank you,and a very happy Xmas and new year to you and your family. I had an operation on Thursday,the radiotherapy starts in January, it brought to mind something I recall reading in a joke book,goes something like this...a young woman is having a baby and decides to have it "au natural" ie no pain relief,and goes to her mother to tell her what she is planning.,her mother is a wise soul," mum how much does childbirth hurt" well says mum,pinch your bottom lip as hard as you can,ohh says the daughter yes that hurts a lot but I think I will be able to stand it.ok says mum,now pull it over your head and staple it to your neck.... tom  i've  heard of a husband who when asked what it was like being present at the birth of  his son replied it was like watching a wet st Bernard squeezing its self through a cat-flap------------
    Posted by dumb_blond
    :) haha nice one, I can relate to that.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : I asked my wife if there was a comparable experience for me-she suggested i pass a coconut down 1 nostril. Great thread-I wish the OP a particularly Happy New Year.
    Posted by Essexphil
    :) thanks Phil, all the best to you and your family.
  • edited December 2014
     tom have great a day tomorrow with the family but don't go getting stuck up the chimney playing santa.
  • edited December 2014
     tom have great a day tomorrow with the family but don't go getting stuck up the chimney playing santa.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thanks Hun,it's going to be the best Xmas ever, i hope you get all you need,have a lovely day.x

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Hun,it's going to be the best Xmas ever, i hope you get all you need,have a lovely day.x
    Posted by tomgoodun

Merry Xmas Tom.
  • edited December 2014
    I hope you and yours have had a lovely Christmas tom
    but its time you took that silly hat off put the whistle away and tidied your train set up out of the middle of the floor
    love db xxx
  • edited December 2014

If my memory seves me correct, Tom, you are back at the Hossie tomorrow, which I guess must have put a damper on Christmas.

Fingers crossed & good vibes sent for tomorrow.
  • edited December 2014
    Well Xmas is over for another year,we had a great time with lots of nice presents given and received. My good lady deserves a medal for the fantastic meal she cooked for the ten of us which we managed to squeeze round the dining table ( no sitting in the front room watching Jeremy Kyle for us yea)

It was such a joy to have my sister and brother in law with us this year, they brought their son along too, he is a laugh a minute, a right rascal with the ladeeess too.,the things he told us made me hoot with laughter which is just what is needed at this time.

I managed to get them to have a game of poker a couple of evenings, my wife had bought me a poker table and chips last year, that was soooo funny, we made it a "serious " game for £2 buy in and £1 re-buy. I have to say a certain multiple poster in BBv would have an absolute fit. My sister won them both (to the fury of her hubby and son who both know how to play) at one point she said "so I have to make them add up to 21 then" lol. Here's 1 example son raises big pre 1 caller (sis) allin on q76 flop he shows aq she proudly tables 10 5 turn 5 river 5 ....cue rage lol,she justified by the immortal words "well I had 567 on flop...lo lol.
  • edited December 2014
    If my memory seves me correct, Tom, you are back at the Hossie tomorrow, which I guess must have put a damper on Christmas. Fingers crossed & good vibes sent for tomorrow.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi ,I hope you had a great Xmas and thanks for the good wishes. Yes today I have a ct scan at hospital this afternoon, to be honest it hasn't really put a damper on Xmas as I was occupied by the company we had which I am really grateful for, defo best Xmas ever., back to reality now but hey ho life goes on and all that. I am hoping to be on the tables this evening, hopefully if I see your good self and other friendly faces I shall say hi, forgive me if it takes a while as I may be in a bad space or muti tabling too many with this ukops malarkey going on ;)

Good luck and take care.
  • edited December 2014
    Well Xmas is over for another year,we had a great time with lots of nice presents given and received. My good lady deserves a medal for the fantastic meal she cooked for the ten of us which we managed to squeeze round the dining table ( no sitting in the front room watching Jeremy Kyle for us yea) It was such a joy to have my sister and brother in law with us this year, they brought their son along too, he is a laugh a minute, a right rascal with the ladeeess too.,the things he told us made me hoot with laughter which is just what is needed at this time. I managed to get them to have a game of poker a couple of evenings, my wife had bought me a poker table and chips last year, that was soooo funny, we made it a "serious " game for £2 buy in and £1 re-buy. I have to say a certain multiple poster in BBv would have an absolute fit. My sister won them both (to the fury of her hubby and son who both know how to play) at one point she said "so I have to make them add up to 21 then" lol. Here's 1 example son raises big pre 1 caller (sis) allin on q76 flop he shows aq she proudly tables 10 5 turn 5 river 5 ....cue rage lol,she justified by the immortal words "well I had 567 on flop...lo lol.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    You know that's illegal, right? ;)

Glad you had a good one, Tom.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: My story : You know that's illegal, right? ;) Glad you had a good one, Tom.
    Posted by Slipwater
    :) live on the edge me mate,thanks Brian and a huge well done on your ukops tables things, your posts make me chuckle also.keep it up.,hope you managed to have a good Xmas,it's folk like your good self who make the community such a success.
  • edited December 2014
    I have just been flicking through various posts and popped into team talk,read some of the posts there...am I glad I am not in a team.,what is the matter with folk..sigh.

Some folk make me laugh ,some make me cringe,some infuriate me ,but I cannot ever see me posting the insults that certain "team" members post to each other,in the guise of "banter" if I ever get to that stage I would consider taking up another pastime.

I guess that is the reason my good lady bans me from Facebook and the like ,she says I will fall out with the world, she knows me too well :) 
  • edited December 2014
    I have just been flicking through various posts and popped into team talk,read some of the posts there...am I glad I am not in a team.,what is the matter with folk..sigh. Some folk make me laugh ,some make me cringe,some infuriate me ,but I cannot ever see me posting the insults that certain "team" members post to each other,in the guise of "banter" if I ever get to that stage I would consider taking up another pastime. I guess that is the reason my good lady bans me from Facebook and the like ,she says I will fall out with the world, she knows me too well :) 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Couldn't agree more Tom !

Here's hoping 2015 is good to you and yours.
    Best wishes
    Mick
  • edited December 2014
    Pleased you've had a great Xmas Tom.

All the best for 2015!