You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited May 2015
    So you lied re the 'bottom pic' ;)

Great stuff Mrs TG & wishing you much luck with yr job situation :)
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the comments chaps, and chappesses, love the "all things happen for a reason" Mr K. And Sam I may have led you down the garden path re pic;) made you look though :), I am gradually getting used to this banter malarkey that I was rather unkind about earlier in my thread, I am beginning to realise that you all love each other in the team, I may even enter the banter bus myself soon, my daughter is certainly a dab hand at that , I shall have to learn how to interact without causing offence when none is meant, omg life is so hard lol.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the reply Tom.

I hope things get a bit easier for you.  Its crazy how things seem to happen all at once.  We don't realise how precious life is untill a we get reminder of the fact.  

How has your weekend been, any deep runs?  I just love weekends.  Love my sport so while I'm grinding away I love having the footy, tennis, golf etc etc on the box.  It's been an emotional rollercoaster too.  I'm a Liverpool fan and seeing Gerrard play his last game at Anfield and say his goodbyes was a little sad.  But like Tikay says another door will open and he's now off on his new adventure playing in the U.S.  Maybe I'll bump into him in Vegas!  I've always been a big fan of Gerrard as he's remained humble and loyal to the team he loves.  On the flip side of that my other sporting icon is Roger Federer who's been in inspiring form this week and is currently playing in the final v Djokovic.  Will be tough but if anyone can do it, it's him.

Off to hit the tables and try and get some spending $$ for Vegas.  Might even treat Tikay to a Starbucks if he behaves....think my moneys save ;)

Keep the chin up,

James :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Thanks for the reply Tom. I hope things get a bit easier for you.  Its crazy how things seem to happen all at once.  We don't realise how precious life is untill a we get reminder of the fact.   How has your weekend been, any deep runs?  I just love weekends.  Love my sport so while I'm grinding away I love having the footy, tennis, golf etc etc on the box.  It's been an emotional rollercoaster too.  I'm a Liverpool fan and seeing Gerrard play his last game at Anfield and say his goodbyes was a little sad.  But like Tikay says another door will open and he's now off on his new adventure playing in the U.S.  Maybe I'll bump into him in Vegas!  I've always been a big fan of Gerrard as he's remained humble and loyal to the team he loves.  On the flip side of that my other sporting icon is Roger Federer who's been in inspiring form this week and is currently playing in the final v Djokovic.  Will be tough but if anyone can do it, it's him. Off to hit the tables and try and get some spending $$ for Vegas.  Might even treat Tikay to a Starbucks if he behaves....think my moneys save ;) Keep the chin up, James :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi James
    We had a really nice weekend,went to the wedding and had a lovely time,lots of compliments about the cake which was nice.
    Roger Federer-what a player! I thought nobody would be able to match his achievements on the court,it seems Djokovic and others are catching him up though,age gets to us all in the end,and Gerrard yes he has been a stalwart in the team,was a pity about some of the comments a couple of seasons ago when there was talk of him leaving.
    Poker-wise I have been running deep in a few tourneys and made a couple ft' seven taking a pl08 down so pretty much holding my own at present,due a big bink soon:)
    Good luck in Vegas my good man,I'm a little jealous i don't know if you know cos I don't like to talk about it but I played in main event once ;)
  • edited May 2015
    Confused.com. How can two folk have the same IP address yet only one lose Internet connection? I guess I will have to stick to doing the washing and hoovering cos this internet/it shenanigans is out of my comfort zone :)

1 day to go to my meeting at work which may decide my future.

Played the dtd games last night, was on a table with Sam and hhry, most fun I have had in ages, those two are like husband and wife who have been married 50 years, it's such a nice change from some of the jip I sometimes get due to my unorthodox play :) long May that continue, so looking forward to meeting up at MK.

Anyway I have just had a visit from in laws and wife has rang me which has put my housework duties back by a couple hours, I better pull my finger out and crack on.
    Good luck all.
  • edited May 2015
    Confused.com. How can two folk have the same IP address yet only one lose Internet connection? I guess I will have to stick to doing the washing and hoovering cos this internet/it shenanigans is out of my comfort zone :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    There are multiple 'connection points' -

Your router connects to the internet and presents your network as a single IP address.

You then have a connection from each of your PCs/mobiles/whatever TO the router. If one of those connections breaks then you have the scenario you've described.

Best of luck tomorrow :)

• edited May 2015
    Confused.com. How can two folk have the same IP address yet only one lose Internet connection? I guess I will have to stick to doing the washing and hoovering cos this internet/it shenanigans is out of my comfort zone :) 1 day to go to my meeting at work which may decide my future. Played the dtd games last night, was on a table with Sam and hhry, most fun I have had in ages, those two are like husband and wife who have been married 50 years, it's such a nice change from some of the jip I sometimes get due to my unorthodox play :) long May that continue, so looking forward to meeting up at MK. Anyway I have just had a visit from in laws and wife has rang me which has put my housework duties back by a couple hours, I better pull my finger out and crack on. Good luck all.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Come on Tom, we know that ain't possible for numerous reasons. For starters, for Sam to have been married half a century, that means she would have had to have been wed at 7 years old. And I'd be -22 ;)

All the best for the work stuff tomorrow, keep us posted!

Not long until MK now, bring earplugs.
  • edited May 2015
    Good luck tomorrow Tom, be thinking of you.
  • edited May 2015
    Good luck tomorrow Tom, be thinking of you.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Big plus 1 from me
  • edited May 2015
    Confused.com. How can two folk have the same IP address yet only one lose Internet connection? I guess I will have to stick to doing the washing and hoovering cos this internet/it shenanigans is out of my comfort zone :) 1 day to go to my meeting at work which may decide my future. Played the dtd games last night, was on a table with Sam and hhry, most fun I have had in ages, those two are like husband and wife who have been married 50 years, it's such a nice change from some of the jip I sometimes get due to my unorthodox play :) long May that continue, so looking forward to meeting up at MK. Anyway I have just had a visit from in laws and wife has rang me which has put my housework duties back by a couple hours, I better pull my finger out and crack on. Good luck all.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    generally its cos they are fibbing 

here's hoping you get to tell "my story" to those that count

gl gl

• edited May 2015

Good luck today, Tom.

And no matter WHAT happens, you'll still have your family there for you, & all your friends at Sky Poker.
  • edited May 2015
    tom some of the lads from the pub were saying how when their on night shift they randomly pick a advert out of the paper

and ring some poor soul in the middle of the night  and ask if they still have the bmx bike for sale or the three piece suite

then after getting a  mouth full its somebody eles turn to ring up an hour later to ask what colour it is or would they mind going to measureit 
  • edited May 2015
    part two  the last one took off on its own accord

I think you've got the theme of it (the cruel devils )I just thought that we could get a rota together to give this fella

who's given you all this hassle the same treatment if you require some cracker barrel style  justice.

ps it was a bit of rock you said you fancied wasn't it as i've brought you some aniseed back off my holidays   xxxx db
  • edited May 2015
    Yesterday went as well as can be expected, I got an email from work the day before explaining it was further investigation and my chance to comment on statements.

Thanks to certain individuals who know who they are, we were very well prepared, that much eased my mind at least.

I cannot put too much on here as it is a public forum and don't wish to compromise my position further.

Thanks for the rock DB, you could give it to me at MK if you are going :), I will pass on the other suggestion, that would make me as bad as him, and that's how world wars start, ( may be a bit ott but you know where I am coming from)

Thanks for your post Mr K, yes that is true, I will still have my family and friends here, I must say that it was blatantly obvious who was the most informed person in the meeting (my wife) I had no clue what regulations she quoted (neither did they) but it filled me with hope for the future.
  • edited May 2015
    Am glad you are not posting on here regarding what's gone off, as you say public forum and all that jazz. I really hope that it will be resolved soon enough then you can get back on with living life to the full, without having all this hanging over you. Good luck Tom, hope to see you tonight on the PLO8 tables. Not the 5.50 as not as comfortable playing yet.
  • edited May 2015
    Brief update
    My sister and her hubby came to visit us yesterday, was lovely to see them although we have pretty much packed everything away for the house move which we have a date of 12th June, and a lot of the boxes were in the spare room, what a palaver that was trying to find space, stress? what stress :)

I had a little foray on the poker tonight as they left about half six, she is staying at her daughters in Tunbridge Wells. I played a £5 bounty hunter and a £1 pl08 ( I do like to test myself :) ) well I only went and won them both- super smashing great as a certain Mr. Bowen would say :) got about £100 for that, must get my poker points in before the big change.
  • edited May 2015
    Not been playing much this week, I have been backwards and forward to hospital as my daughter was admitted on Tuesday, another heartbreaking time. 

My wife has been taking quite a bit of time off work to accompany me to my work issues, yesterday she had an important meeting she had to attend, so it was down to me to drive to the hospital in Hastings to support my daughter, I promised I would be there for 11am. I was texting her the night before saying as much and got the reply ok Dad I will see you on Friday after you get lost in London (she knows I have previous,and my sense of direction is zero)

We had been up to see her about 6times, me driving, my wife gave me instructions (I fall out with sat nav) and the one thing what stuck in my mind was, "When you get to BattLe,follow the signs to Hastings". I did really well getting to Battle through the back roads,then the instruction above came into play,sigh...ended up lost in Hastings town centre.

A very kind elderly gent pointed me in the right direction and I got there at half 11, full of apologies, she was ok as she was pretty much morphined up and her boyfriend had managed to get the day off. New I should have slept in the car park.
  • edited May 2015
    Played a couple of tourneys last night, cashed in a bounty hunter for a few shekels and made the ft of the mini bounty, one of the chaps may have got a tad annoyed at me calling his button raise to my bb ( course I'm going to defend with any 2 :) esp 10 j suited,flop q9A and he c bets,guess I could shove,but carry on callin til the 8 river ) he gave a little dig, and said his notes on me were I am a bad reg., I thanked him for the compliment but replied I am a rec who plays for enjoyment, I don't think he believed me, got me thinking, am I a rec, or a reg? Answers on a postcard please.

I managed to cash to the tune of about £100 so that boosts my br up, I may withdraw some for the up-coming MK extravaganza.

Still at home on housework duties, the house move is imminent, moving to be closer to work amongst other things, ironic or what :)

Good luck all, thanks for bearing with me.
  • edited May 2015
    wd tom best wishes run well & hope you have a nice weekend outlaw
  • edited May 2015
    wd tom best wishes run well & hope you have a nice weekend outlaw
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    Thank you kindly, I wish you a good weekend also and good luck at the tables.
  • edited June 2015
    Wow Tom... busy busy! 

Hope you manage to take a little break and have some chill time, hope yr daughter is ok?

xx
  • edited June 2015
    Posting some cracking results Tom.  

Hope you and your daughter are doing well.

I wonder how Tikay is getting on over the pond.  Haven't heard anything from him on here.

You went over for the WSOP main event once, didn't you? ;)

Take care :)

James

• edited June 2015
    Wow Tom... busy busy!  Hope you manage to take a little break and have some chill time, hope yr daughter is ok? xx
    Posted by samantha25
    Hi Sam, I manage to have a sneaky break now and again, even have a crafty poker stint, usually when I am making my lunch ( (Managed to get butter over my iPad screen yesterday-how does that happen! I am defo using a knife to butter the bread but somehow it gets on my fingers)

Was good to share a table with you amongst others in the inaugural daggtd, good old Geldy coming out of retirement to play too, I felt the love on the tables :) now whose is that name on the top of the league thingy ;)

I see you got your fav number of points also, keep it up.
    Looking forward to MK -I need hugs :) tc and good luck.
  • edited June 2015
    Posting some cracking results Tom.   Hope you and your daughter are doing well. I wonder how Tikay is getting on over the pond.  Haven't heard anything from him on here. You went over for the WSOP main event once, didn't you? ;) Take care :) James
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi James, thanks for the post, I thought everyone had ventured to pastures new and my ramblings were to an empty room (no change there then )
    I have been feeling a bit rough lately, reckon I should toddle to the docs and see whats up.My daughter has been signed off work for 2 weeks, she is gradually feeling better but there is a long way to go.
    I read that Tikay is doing quite a bit of travelling before he settles into his wsop duties, well earned too, maybe there's no  tinterweb around or he's saving up his stories, looking forward to his blog, they are always a fascinating read.
    My wsop exploits have been well and truly trumped by all winners of the Mayhem-what a fab promo that was, I didn't play a single one lol,my latest binks are prob because all the good uns have been concentrating on them, normal service to be resumed shortly methinks :)
    Take care James and if you are going to Vegas this year the very best of luck to you.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Hi Sam, I manage to have a sneaky break now and again, even have a crafty poker stint, usually when I am making my lunch ( (Managed to get butter over my iPad screen yesterday-how does that happen! I am defo using a knife to butter the bread but somehow it gets on my fingers) Was good to share a table with you amongst others in the inaugural daggtd, good old Geldy coming out of retirement to play too, I felt the love on the tables :) now whose is that name on the top of the league thingy ;) I see you got your fav number of points also, keep it up. Looking forward to MK -I need hugs :) tc and good luck.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Butter? meh, I happened to get heel marks on mine after accidently jumping on it in a rage :)

Just seen you did binks.... that hhy and hendrik are has been's mate - yr the king now haha :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Hi James, thanks for the post, I thought everyone had ventured to pastures new and my ramblings were to an empty room (no change there then ) I have been feeling a bit rough lately, reckon I should toddle to the docs and see whats up.My daughter has been signed off work for 2 weeks, she is gradually feeling better but there is a long way to go. I read that Tikay is doing quite a bit of travelling before he settles into his wsop duties, well earned too, maybe there's no  tinterweb around or he's saving up his stories, looking forward to his blog, they are always a fascinating read. My wsop exploits have been well and truly trumped by all winners of the Mayhem-what a fab promo that was, I didn't play a single one lol,my latest binks are prob because all the good uns have been concentrating on them, normal service to be resumed shortly methinks :) Take care James and if you are going to Vegas this year the very best of luck to you.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hi Tom,

I'm still reading this, every day, "no danger" as they say.

Not played much poker yet, my first 10 days is mainly a non-poker holiday, just played once so far, at Venetian, when I finished 29th of 195 in a $600 PLO @ Venetian. I'm playing again today, in a $240 PLO @Golden Nugget, bit of a drop in class that, after recent form figures of F-F-PU-O-UR-F-0-F, so it's like being dropped into a seller @ Plumpton after campaigning in Group races @ Cheltenham. I'll enjoy it anyway, Live poker is just so lovely.

On Monday we went to Lake Mead & Hoover Dam & I saw something quite spectacular - inclined electricity pylons. I repeat that - inclined electricity pylons. Can't imagine many views more exciting really.

Yesterday, hard to believe, we fared even better, & I had, perhaps, my most wonderful day in Las Vegas ever. But that's a story for another day maybe, as I fear it would not interest too many.

Keep your chin up Tom, & please pass on my best wishes to your Daughter.

Terrible news about Daggy, & a close friend of mine from Next Door has just been diagnosed with the same problem. It's hard to know what to say or think, as I live the life of Riley out here. 

PS - The forum software would not allow "keep your pe cker up", I had to change it to "chin", lol.
  • edited June 2015
    Mr K! Glad you are having a fab time over there, how hot is it  ( Rhetorical). Funny you should mention Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, they were two of the places I visited also when I was there back in the day :) I remember jet ski-ing on Lake Mead and having a party on a yacht..ahh reminiscing is good for the soul.

Indeed it is really sad news about Dale ( Dagg), it brings it home to me how lucky I have been with the diagnosis, could have been so much worse, I hope and pray that his treatment gives him many more years to come.

It was a really nice gesture for the folks to join Team Dagg for the DTD Monday night, my heater continued and managed to cash in two of them and even finished top of the league this week., where have them prizes gone lol, remember post of the week cancelled on the week you kindly put me forward :) seems I am destined to be an also ran.

Loving the horse racing analogy, I would put you as the Golden Miller of PL08, or maybe Arkle ..ahh those were the days.

Thank you kindly for your good wishes for my daughter I shall pass them on at the appropriate time,I was talking to my good lady wife last night when we were watching a programme which ended up really sad, I said life is so heartbreaking when something happens to your family ( deep I know but bear with me) She answered, well Tom perhaps you can look at it another way, that you have shared so many happy years and experienced so much together, some people don't have that in their lives. She is the love of my life and says the right things at the right time, I can be a bit of a glass half empty type of guy and she knows how to make me snap out of it.

Thanks again for taking the time to post, and GOOD LUCK at the tables, love it that you are enjoying it so much, remember
    POt POt Pot when you have it :)
  • edited June 2015
    Mr K! Glad you are having a fab time over there, how hot is it  ( Rhetorical). Funny you should mention Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, they were two of the places I visited also when I was there back in the day :) I remember jet ski-ing on Lake Mead and having a party on a yacht..ahh reminiscing is good for the soul. GOOD LUCK at the tables, love it that you are enjoying it so much, remember POt POt Pot when you have it :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Loved Lake Mead-had a boat trip there on honeymoon (which started and finished in Vegas) many years ago. Last time I went to Vegas (July 2013) it rained 3 times-nice to see I brought our weather! Don't recommend the "pot,pot,pot" bit-took me years to give up smoking afterwards...

Good to see you doing well on the tables-take care, and update me when you can

Phil
  • edited June 2015
    The heater continues - made two f/t today in £3 b/h and £5 b/h, 2nd in one and 6th in tother, racking those points up ;) free roll City here I come.

Phil - I have sent you a P.M, thanks my good man.

My good lady wife instructed me to keep busy today as she new I would be fretting about the email I received last night, so in between poker sessions I sort of "looked" at the list of things we had to do before the house move next Friday, I rang various institutions informing them of our address change,did 2 loads of washing (hung them out also) swept and mopped the porch,kitchen,and dining room.

I finally took down all the upstairs curtain poles and fittings - surely I couldn't have done something wrong there ey?
    Wife returned from work and pointed out the list which says our bedroom curtains only to be taken down......
    Tomorrow  I shall be putting curtains up.
  • edited June 2015
    The heater continues - made two f/t today in £3 b/h and £5 b/h, 2nd in one and 6th in tother, racking those points up ;) free roll City here I come. Phil - I have sent you a P.M, thanks my good man. My good lady wife instructed me to keep busy today as she new I would be fretting about the email I received last night, so in between poker sessions I sort of "looked" at the list of things we had to do before the house move next Friday, I rang various institutions informing them of our address change,did 2 loads of washing (hung them out also) swept and mopped the porch,kitchen,and dining room. I finally took down all the upstairs curtain poles and fittings - surely I couldn't have done something wrong there ey? Wife returned from work and pointed out the list which says our bedroom curtains only to be taken down...... Tomorrow  I shall be putting curtains up.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    You're getting greedy now mate! Pleased for you though :)