You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: My story:
    The heater continues - made two f/t today in £3 b/h and £5 b/h, 2nd in one and 6th in tother, racking those points up ;) free roll City here I come. Phil - I have sent you a P.M.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Received and replied
    Phil
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Received and replied Phil
    Posted by Essexphil
    Hi Phil

Thanks, I have replied / rambled 
  • edited June 2015
    Yesterday we visited the new house to have a walk around with the site foreman and sales lady, they were there to show us where things are and how things work etc. etc. I invited my son and daughter to come with us and try to pick up on any defects or shoddy work ( snag list type of stuff) oh deary deary me, when you are looking for stuff like that it really jumps out at you that the new build inside finishing is a tad not up to scratch ( please don't let the roof just be siliconed on ) 

We now have a two page list of things like - bathroom pedestal chipped, paint over tiles, silicon above kitchen splash back comes to a halt under a cupboard and starts again at the next top cupboard ( leaving a non silicone gap of about 2feet) and so on and so on, they seemed to be ok about our concerns and said they will do the work and visit us two weeks after we move in for further snags, you never know though ey...

Poker wise I have been doing ok lately, seem to be cashing quite often and I have enough in my BR to buy a new laptop, now that's the next potential stress factor, I have my eye on one with 800G ram and 1Tb memory, of course that means zero to me but the big thing is -it's windows 8 which my wife has on hers and I have no clue how to navigate to the home page and I have read threads that folk can't download sky poker using windows 8. Disaster waiting to happen.

My meeting at work is on Monday, prob the last 1 and I may find out my punishment.
    My body has been acting up lately, may be stress related, who knows. 
    When is Hhry back? I do hope them dancing girls haven't worn him out/left him in the desert.
    I read Mr.K may have had a cash in Vegas, well pleased for him if that is the case, may even be enough for his latte bill apparently.
    Tc all and good luck in all aspects.
  • edited June 2015
    What did builders/tradesmen do before silicone eh?
    Fit the damn things properly !

GL for Monday Tom.
  • edited June 2015
    Morning Tom! 

Supposed to be back in York now but our flight got canceled last night due to a broken intercom, so BA put us up in Excalibur and we fly back tonight all being well. Just watching the champs league final now, then heading to the buffet after to fill up for free. There are worse places to be stuck ;) 

Hope all is well your end sir. 
  • edited June 2015
    if it's win 8 then you can update to 8.1 which is better. and i think you might even be able to upgrade to the forthcoming win 10
    so even though win 8.0 was the pits you are probably ok to go for it

• edited June 2015
    if it's win 8 then you can update to 8.1 which is better. and i think you might even be able to upgrade to the forthcoming win 10 so even though win 8.0 was the pits you are probably ok to go for it
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks Geldy my good man, sounds promising- hopefully things will go ok on Monday as I think splashing out on a laptop if it doesn't go well will be a bit rash. ( I change my mind/see the bigger picture sometimes)
  • edited June 2015
    Morning Tom!  Supposed to be back in York now but our flight got canceled last night due to a broken intercom, so BA put us up in Excalibur and we fly back tonight all being well. Just watching the champs league final now, then heading to the buffet after to fill up for free. There are worse places to be stuck ;)  Hope all is well your end sir. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    HEyyyy Hry, hope you had a fab time, we have missed your dry wit on the forum sir (cumferance ;)

What a match that was, I thought Juve were going to nick it when they equalized even though Barca had about 98% possession lol.

Hope to see you in Dtd Monday, I will either be happy....or distraught.. what a life ey, talk about living on the edge, and I have a house move next Friday, at least we have 4 bathrooms for me to ummm do my ablutions in. TC and hope you return safe and well.
  • edited June 2015
    good luck for tomorrow tom and with your big move on Friday you'll have  to try out all them new toilets for comfort ,warmest, nearest position from  the TV or computer .research done now might save them vital seconds that can make all the difference when its a real time crisis. db xx

ps I left you a message on the outlaws thread  a couple of days ago tom thinking I was on here the night racing at this time of year has my brain aching  it goes on that late
  • edited June 2015

Hi Tom,

I hope it went OK yesterday.
  • edited June 2015
    Brief update, I will be leaving my home for pastures new this Friday, I may be away for days/weeks i depending on internet connection.

Work meeting wasn't too good, although options are available to me, I will be ringing the necessary people in due course.

I am looking forward to M.K. I really need a break and some light relief (how can I say that after 7weeks off work huh)

Still loving hhry and Sams love/hate relationship, believe it or not they are lovely folk.

Am getting a few digs in the chat box through the day, most evenings too, I must be a winner hey ;) I tend to try and engage to see what thought processes are behind the jibes,it is difficult to converse with folk who only use the 4 letters of the alphabet though,interesting how folk can get through life without the other 22.,their knuckles must hurt dragging on the floor though,poor souls.
  • edited June 2015
    good luck for tomorrow tom and with your big move on Friday you'll have  to try out all them new toilets for comfort ,warmest, nearest position from  the TV or computer .research done now might save them vital seconds that can make all the difference when its a real time crisis. db xx  ps I left you a message on the outlaws thread  a couple of days ago tom thinking I was on here the night racing at this time of year has my brain aching  it goes on that late
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Hi DB, long time no see on the felt my dear,are you a betting lady or do you work in the bookies ( almost said trade but that could be misconstrued;) thanks for the post,most kind. Hope to do battle soon, good luck on the felt,tc x
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Tom, I hope it went OK yesterday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Mr.K
    Please see post above, I have a tough decision to make and am seeking advice from the professionals in that area.

Good to see you are enjoying your time in Vegas , cashing too ey,as the young uns would say " your da man" hope you keep it up, and what a fabulous thread  the wsop one is, I must post on it to say as much.

Here's some blast from the past horses for you  ( love reminiscing about em, dunno why) Titus oats, Sea Pigeon,Comedy of Errors, Lanzarote. Remember any of them? :) I recall the first " woman's race" I was working with my brother at the time making railings ( I was welding at 16, then we dipped them in a tank of "red lead" paint) anyway I digress, i was a bookies runner before they had shops,used to take my parents bets to a bloke round the corner,I had a little tickle on Scorched Earth,think it was ridden by Merial Tufnell? May be wrong, but it came in at a nice price - happy days :) tc my good man.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi DB, long time no see on the felt my dear,are you a betting lady or do you work in the bookies ( almost said trade but that could be misconstrued;) thanks for the post,most kind. Hope to do battle soon, good luck on the felt,tc x

I work for the family firm tom gambling is both my living and my hobby aint  I a lucky girl'

sorry to hear Mondays meeting didn't bring the best possible result for you tom but you seem to have some good people in your corner advising on your options,  you'll have plenty to take your mind off the work situation moving into that new house, I'm sure your good lady will find plenty of things to do to keep you busy'
    I hope you have a great weekend at mk and I will look forward to the next time we meet up on the green baize .
    till then I'll keep popping in here to see if you get your internet set up and any up dates .
    I hope every thing works out well for you and your family   db xx
  • edited June 2015
    Hi DB, long time no see on the felt my dear,are you a betting lady or do you work in the bookies ( almost said trade but that could be misconstrued;) thanks for the post,most kind. Hope to do battle soon, good luck on the felt,tc x I work for the family firm tom gambling is both my living and my hobby aint  I a lucky girl'    sorry to hear Mondays meeting didn't bring the best possible result for you tom but you seem to have some good people in your corner advising on your options,  you'll have plenty to take your mind off the work situation moving into that new house, I'm sure your good lady will find plenty of things to do to keep you busy' I hope you have a great weekend at mk and I will look forward to the next time we meet up on the green baize . till then I'll keep popping in here to see if you get your internet set up and any up dates . I hope every thing works out well for you and your family   db xx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thank you for your kind words, yes you are a lucky girl, its always nice to be in a workplace you have a passion for. I had a meeting with a solicitor today, she gave me hope for the future, tc and good luck. x
  • edited June 2015

Well I signed off with  my last poker session in this house with  a win in my favourite tournament - the £2 deepstack for the grand sum of £43.66p, funny how things happen, as this was my very first tournament win on sky poker back when I started playing here.

We have done a lot of packing and seem to have accumulated quite a lot of "Stuff" that will come in handy one day ( Although my beloved has thrown a lot of said stuff away :(, I will defo need a 3/8" allen key someday ) we still seem to have a lot to do  tomorrow, the things you have to leave until the last minute.

My son has gone to the download festival ( Nope me neither ) my fatherly instincts now has me worrying until he returns on Monday.

I wish you all well, I hope to return soon.

• edited June 2015
    Good luck with your house move Tom.  It really can be a grind.

Nice to see you going out your old gaff on a high too.

Keep up the good work!
  • edited June 2015
    I am back :) The move went surprisingly well, the removals chaps were excellent and went beyond the call of duty,even taking the bedroom wardrobes apart (I told the wife they wouldn't fit through the door and go downstairs but she insisted they would,that is the first time in 26 years of marriage I have been right ;) ) Then they took them up 2 flights of stairs and put them back together.

Isn't it strange when you have no mobile signal, no tv, and no internet? Takes me back to my youth when you actually spoke to each other, it was wonderful., my darling daughter however did not see it that way, words like "why did we move"  and the like were uttered, she was most miffed and moody, stomped upstairs and growled "I'm having a shower" ( in her en-suite bathroom, you know - like we had in the 60's, only not in the front room,and not in someone's left over bath water)

She came down in her bathrobe with a big smile on her face and said "Oh my god,that's the best shower I have ever had!, it was so hot and powerful it nearly peeled my skin off, I love it!.....so fickle :)
    I purchased a new laptop, was a right palaver, ordered it online with the wife using her phone as a "hot spot" ( nope I do not understand) I rang the online help and asked if it was a touchscreen,she put me on hold for a couple of days and spoke to the tech team who assured me it was, part 2 to follow.
  • edited June 2015
    I went to pick it up from one of the well known supermarkets and took it home, salivating,and left it in the box for 2 whole days while we unpacked and I put the beds back together.

The day came when I had an hours respite and decided to unwrap the golden fleece, booted it up ( I'm a whiz kid me,know all the terms) then for some unknown reason when I touchrd the screen nowt happened, believe it or not it wasn't a touch screen.

I rang online help, most helpful,told me they had sent the wrong one and I could pick up the correct one the next day, once again I drove to the well known supermarket and swapped them over,this time I checked the box, guess what? They had sent the same one....sigh, I kept calm ( the new me) and politely explained my dilemma to the lady.

She rang their tech dept who told her this model is not a touchscreen, I guess it depends who you talk to ey,I now had my mind set on purchasing a touchscreen so told them no thanks I no longer wish to purchase this as I was given false info,they were ok and refunded my money.
  • edited June 2015
    I saw a definate touchscreen laptop in the sale at a well known pc shop, I jumped at the chance and picked it up today :) 

I have no idea how to use it :(

We had an engineer visit booked between 1pm and 6pm to deal with our internet, waited until 5.55pm and rang sky, the lady informed us he "may" have just turned it on in the box or summat, we informed her our router has a different connection to the one on the wall as that is just a normal phone one and our router had a super fast fibre optic connector which didn't fit.

She said she would put a note on our account and ring tomorrow (Today) if it hasn't been sorted.

My daughters boyfriend then said, oh I think I may have one of them adapters in my car, toddled off to get it, plugged it in,lo and behold we have Internet ! Why couldn't they just ring us and let us know? I bet we have had it since Saturday and we just didn't know, ahh well at least it gave us chance to get to know each other :)
  • edited June 2015
    Welcome back Tom
    Glad the move went ok, can be very stressful !

Have you touched the screen yet? :-)
  • edited June 2015
    I saw a definate touchscreen laptop in the sale at a well known pc shop, I jumped at the chance and picked it up today :)  I have no idea how to use it :( We had an engineer visit booked between 1pm and 6pm to deal with our internet, waited until 5.55pm and rang sky, the lady informed us he "may" have just turned it on in the box or summat, we informed her our router has a different connection to the one on the wall as that is just a normal phone one and our router had a super fast fibre optic connector which didn't fit. She said she would put a note on our account and ring tomorrow (Today) if it hasn't been sorted. My daughters boyfriend then said, oh I think I may have one of them adapters in my car, toddled off to get it, plugged it in,lo and behold we have Internet ! Why couldn't they just ring us and let us know? I bet we have had it since Saturday and we just didn't know, ahh well at least it gave us chance to get to know each other :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sort it out Sky!!

Great posts tom. Bet you were itching for a game of poker by the time the internet issue was sorted!
  • edited June 2015
    Welcome back Tom Glad the move went ok, can be very stressful ! Have you touched the screen yet? :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick, yup the screen has been well and truly touched :) My daughters boyfriend has downloaded the sky poker client? app? and I am now able to play more than 1 table at a time; happy days :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: My story : Sort it out Sky!! Great posts tom. Bet you were itching for a game of poker by the time the internet issue was sorted!
    Posted by waller02
    Hi Ryan; I have been playing on my Ipad til tonight when as mentioned above I have now got the facilities to play as many as I can handle :)

I may have a slight problem though as everyone has gone to bed and I don't know how to turn my laptop off... doh.
  • edited June 2015

saw a definate touchscreen laptop in the sale at a well known pc shop, I jumped at the chance and picked it up today :)  I have no idea how to use it :( We had an engineer visit booked between 1pm and 6pm to deal with our internet, waited until 5.55pm and rang sky, the lady informed us he "may" have just turned it on in the box or summat, we informed her our router has a different connection to the one on the wall as that is just a normal phone one and our router had a super fast fibre optic connector which didn't fit. She said she would put a note on our account and ring tomorrow (Today) if it hasn't been sorted. My daughters boyfriend then said, oh I think I may have one of them adapters in my car, toddled off to get it, plugged it in,lo and behold we have Internet ! Why couldn't they just ring us and let us know? I bet we have had it since Saturday and we just didn't know, ahh well at least it gave us chance to get to know each other :)
    Posted by tomgoodun

so tom now you have the superfast broad band set up with your brand new super fast laptop do you get to see the flop
    whilst us poor souls on normal speed are still getting dealt our hole cards no wonder you whop me every time we meet.
    you and yours seem to be settling in nicely in to your new house that's nice to hear db xx  

• edited June 2015

Hi Tom,

Pleased to hear the house move, & new internet/laptop, are all sorted.

What about you - all OK?
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Tom, Pleased to hear the house move, & new internet/laptop, are all sorted. What about you - all OK?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Mr.K

I have been feeling a little better of late thank you, still get the odd hour or two now ang again but nothing like last month.
    Good to hear you are having a ball over in Vegas, I hope all the sky players have a fab time also, tc.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi DB, it's even better than that - I get to play before folk have registered :) #riggedinnit.
    I won a £3 bounty hunter this afternoon, reckon I should retire and live off my winnings :) after all ,I could live a week on a shilling when I were a lad.

• edited June 2015
    I can just see a mental image of you  tom peddling your bike with the basket on the front as you go to the shop to get your loaf of hovis in fact I can even hear the music  i'd better go and have a lay down.
  • edited June 2015

Morning Tom,

How you getting on mate?

All still positive?