You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

Where can I find all the satellites in the tournament lobby?

There is a new filter that has been added called ‘Punta Cana’, if you click on this filter all the satellites will appear.

Can I exchange my Punta Cana package or tournament buy-in for cash?

No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package.

What if I am unable to travel to the event?

By participating in the Punta Cana Satellites you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event, on or around 4th November 2014. This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination.

Can I win more than one package?

No. This promotion is limited to one package per customer.

I won the Punta Cana Package so what happens now?

You will be contacted by our third party partner through email within 48 hours of winning. They will contact you on the email address registered to your Sky Poker account. They will collect and confirm your personal information and preferences and reserve your package. They will also inform you of all the important information required for travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Sky Poker account contact information is current and accurate.

We will then credit your Sky Poker account with £800 cash or the equivalent of this depending on your account currency. This cash credit is so you can book a flight and/or use it as spending money in Punta Cana You are responsible for arranging your travel documents including all applicable passports, visas, etc to travel to and from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

Who is responsible for booking the flights to Punta Cana?

All winners of the Punta Cana Package are responsible for booking their flights to and from Punta Cana. Sky Poker and our third party partner will not manage any part of the flight/travel bookings.

What Airport should I fly to?

There are two main airports that players can fly into, but Punta Cana International Airport is the only one we will provide transfers to and from because it is only 30 minutes away from the resort. Santo Domingo International airport is the second and is around 4 hours away, the cost is about 600 dollars and this is not part of the package transfer deal.

How will the airport transfers work?

Our third party partner will need their flight information ASAP after they have booked it so the transfers can be pre-arranged with the hotel. A minimum of 24 hours does need to be given, however the more advance notice the better. Please see above in respect of applicable airports and transfers.

Will I need a Visa/Travel Card to travel to the Dominican Republic?

Yes you will need to purchase a travel card prior to arriving in the Dominican Republic. You can find the full details here: http://www.dominicanembassy.org.uk/Touristcard.html. The tourist cards will be delivered directly to their address and players will need to allow for 7 days’ notice.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    It says their are 4 packages up for grabs, yet the tables show their are 5 packages (High stakes, Medium Stakes, Low stakes (Prio excl), Micro Stakes (Prio excl) and Priority Micro/Low stakes) 
  • edited September 2014
    Any answer to this? Is there 5 prizes up for grabs with priority players able to win one at the lower stakes? 
  • edited September 2014
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay, the marketing team will be able to respond to this query fully tomorrow.

Thanks
    Lee
  • edited September 2014
    Also I've just thought of something else - This month I Priority but will be Priority the next month. It starts on the 30th though and I've already entered the promotion code - so will I be able to enter the Prio excluded events or not?
  • edited September 2014
    Very good point Ivan... I'm not prio right now but will be by the end of this month and seen as 99% of the promo takes place in Oct, will I be playing in the prio tier? 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ:
    Any answer to this? Is there 5 prizes up for grabs with priority players able to win one at the lower stakes? 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yes this is correct....we will amend the page for this.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Yes this is correct....we will amend the page for this.
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    OK thanks, any idea about the other query with regards to priority and whether or not I'll be able to enter the non-priority one seeing as though I'm not priority this month but will be next?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : OK thanks, any idea about the other query with regards to priority and whether or not I'll be able to enter the non-priority one seeing as though I'm not priority this month but will be next?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Sigh one of us is gonna be disappointed by the looks of it...

We're both in the same spot but I want to be able to play the Prio one, and you want to be able to play in the non-prio one. Fwiw, I think it makes more sense to be based on Oct status (so we'd be classed as being Prio) but could go either way, glgl.
  • edited September 2014
     it would be so easy for someone whos not priority with a massive bankroll multi-tabling 8-10 tables on 2p/4p and the guys who just play for fun on the micros wont stand a chance against these players which means not everybody will be in a fair game. im just pointing the fact out that i play 10p/20p so even the regs on this level could multi table on 2p/4p and just play as many hands as the want without really damaging there roll so really anybody who is a regular micro playerhasnt got a look in....dont dive on me you forum regs im just stating my opinion lol
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Sigh one of us is gonna be disappointed by the looks of it... We're both in the same spot but I want to be able to play the Prio one, and you want to be able to play in the non-prio one. Fwiw, I think it makes more sense to be based on Oct status (so we'd be classed as being Prio) but could go either way, glgl.
    Posted by Lambert180
    You are correct on this one Lambert.

This promotion takes into account your priority status for October.
  • edited September 2014
     it would be so easy for someone whos not priority with a massive bankroll multi-tabling 8-10 tables on 2p/4p and the guys who just play for fun on the micros wont stand a chance against these players which means not everybody will be in a fair game. im just pointing the fact out that i play 10p/20p so even the regs on this level could multi table on 2p/4p and just play as many hands as the want without really damaging there roll so really anybody who is a regular micro playerhasnt got a look in....dont dive on me you forum regs im just stating my opinion lol
    Posted by kev1993

If you are rolled for 10/20p why not grind the 2/4p stakes yourself? i dont play cash so it doesnt really affect me too much, what it does mean though is there will be lots of players playing way too many tables and not concentrating on their game so the players like yourself who are playing for fun should find them easy to exploit
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by kev1993

The guys who play for fun wont have a chance anyway, the winner of this promo will have to play like 50 hours a week minimum. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ :   If you are rolled for 10/20p why not grind the 2/4p stakes yourself? i dont play cash so it doesnt really affect me too much, what it does mean though is there will be lots of players playing way too many tables and not concentrating on their game so the players like yourself who are playing for fun should find them easy to exploit
    Posted by jordz16
    with there being a package for 2p/4p bassically saying players from all levels have a chance whereas i would question that theory....and just clarifying im not playing for fun i play 10/20 and will be trying to be up there challenging for a package im just saying they could change a few things so that people at the lower levels are able to challenge realisticly
  • edited September 2014
    Can we just get confirmation... Is it number of raked hands which you've been dealt into or the number if raked hands which you have contributed to (even if its just folding your blinds)?

I.e. if 2 people sit on the exact same tables for the exact same amount of time but one sees 100% of flops and one sees 0% do they still have the same hand count for the promo?
  • edited September 2014
    Not done this for a while !  Can't see me keeping it up though!

• edited October 2014
    Can we just get confirmation... Is it number of raked hands which you've been dealt into or the number if raked hands which you have contributed to (even if its just folding your blinds)? I.e. if 2 people sit on the exact same tables for the exact same amount of time but one sees 100% of flops and one sees 0% do they still have the same hand count for the promo?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

It seems to me to be clearly defined on the Promo page, as follows.....

".....Starting from September 30th, every time you play a cash game and are involved in a raked hand we will track it on our Punta Cana Cash Kings leaderboard . (A raked hand is defined as any hand in which you are dealt hole cards and a minimum of 1 pence in rake is taken.)....."

The Promo page is HERE

• edited October 2014
    So you could load up 30 tables, and just constantly fold for a fortnight and know you will be making a profit?
  • edited October 2014
    will the leaderbaords be updated today? thx
  • edited October 2014
    nope from tomorrow onwards
  • edited October 2014
    nope from tomorrow onwards
    Posted by jordz16

It sates on the page :

These leaderboards will be updated daily with the first update on Wednesday 1st October 

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : It sates on the page : These leaderboards will be updated daily with the first update on Wednesday 1st October 
    Posted by Kazuko

it says the 2nd on mine mate, one of them must be right!
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys,

Yes the leaderboard will be updated today, sorry for the confusion.

They'll be up within the next hour.
  • edited October 2014
    So you could load up 30 tables, and just constantly fold for a fortnight and know you will be making a profit?
    Posted by jordz16
    Ha I completely mis-read the promo then and assumed it to be a simple case of points earned (ie play at the highest table limit for each band of the promo and try to play a normal game in order to maximise chances).

So the theory is that to succeed we should be doing the absolute opposite and filling into the lowest level tables en masse and (broadly) playing tighter than a super-tight thing (I don't want to get forum banned with any better used analogies), to get through as many hands as possible with minimal variance?
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by jordz16
    This seems ridiculous if this is the case....why not points based? 
  • edited October 2014
    Just saw the Priority only table (micro/low stakes) - (which isn't a table right now) and I'm not even on it despite having played 16 hours 6 tabling yesterday and playing very LAG. It says now it's for stakes up to 5p/10p but yesterday when the promo started it definitely said it was up to 25/50NL. 

Honestly this promotion is terrible if it's based on raked hands rather than points earned. It's just open to a ton of abuse (which can't really be proved) - right now 2p/4p is full of people playing a riduclous number of tables that they'd never play under normal circumstances. And they don't even have to play any hands....they can just wait for big hands and by the end of the promo they won't pay as much rake as they win in a package.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys, Yes the leaderboard will be updated today, sorry for the confusion. They'll be up within the next hour.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Hi Sam can you reply to my last post ASAP?

I spent all of yesterday playing in a bid to get a good start in this promotion and now I find out that 25/50 levels aren't included in the priority only promotion according to the leaderboard. That's the most pressing matter for me because I don't want to keep playing now at that level if it's not going to mean anything. 

The second issue is I think you made a big mistake in doing it on raked hands as opposed to points earned... seems too late to change the promotion but I think it's just open to so much abuse.

• edited October 2014
    I thought we established that lambert was going to be in the priority league?
  • edited October 2014
    I thought we established that lambert was going to be in the priority league?
    Posted by poppy765
    I'm guessing he changed his mind (probably because DTM was in priority) and decided to not make priority last month (he was on 9700 on the last day)
  • edited October 2014
    Ivanovic, I've sorted the formatting of the table out now so should appear more clearly. I've also forwarded your questions on to the marketing team and made them aware of this thread so you should get a response soon.