You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Sadly Shann I don't have it locked up. I was well excited about this promo cos I suck at satellites but would absolutely love to go. I aint left the country for a holiday for over 20 years now (I'm 27)... even the date to fly out was 4th November (my birthday), and it seemed like I could smash it as long as I wasn't in DTM's tier...

I started grinding 4NL on 30th Sept as soon as it turned midnight when I still had about 9700 points, I saw that Zinfan was also going nuts for the promo playing about 24 tables iirc and knew she'd be in Prio (and I knew DTM was going for the low stakes non-prio) and so I decided to just keep going til I got to like 9995 points and stop until midnight when it turned to 1st Oct.

I can only play about 15 tables on my laptop really, anything above that and I'm not playing, I'm spending all my time clicking the 'I'm back' button all over the place... not even cos I can't physically keep it, I find that bit quite easy, but once I get to that many tables whether it's my laptop or internet connection I dunno but it starts to lag like crazy so I never end up getting my full time bank to make actions because half of it is gone by the time I actually see what's happened.

If I was 15tabling 4NL, so actually able to make proper decisions then I'm 100% confident I would finish above break even easily over a decent sample, but I didn't think 15tabling was gonna be enough to win it so at times I was playing more like 20 tables and just accepting the fact I was donating 6p per orbit for the most part (I did get to play some hands).

Anyway, I knew I wasn't gonna keep up with Zinfan's 24tabling, so decided to grind up to the point of 9995 points and go for the non-prio one. The only other person I could see on the tables at midnight trying for it was Curt360 but I thought he wasn't gonna be a threat as he said he was only gonna play about 8hr per day. Annoyingly holding off on Prio meant I had to stop at 3pm so gave a potential half day lead to him which he obv took advantage of cos the scores on leaderboard were my 8k hands to his 16k hands.

Pretty annoyed that Sky decided to remove the hand counts in the next day's leaderboard cos I have no idea of the gap and whether it's worth trying. It is probably an attempt by Sky to put people off thinking 'meh he's miles ahead, I won't bother' but in my case it's done the opposite... if I was close I'd have tried, but as I don't know I'm not wasting my time to find out, cos this is such a top heavy promo that me grinding like 200+ hours to make 2nd place money would just be a complete waste of time.

I knew I had some catching up to do from the first day so I got some kip late on 30th Sept when I couldn't play anyway (for fear of making Prio), woke up a little after midnight, and played almost non stop until the following midnight. That's right, I played almost 24 hours straight, virtually never less than 15 tables, and I still wasn't top of the leaderboard today!! Obv cos Sky didn't include hand counts I have no idea how close I was, but if that kinda grind wasn't even enough to get me back on top then I just cba trying to repeat that ALOT over the next few weeks.

Having wrote this... might steal it for my diary now lol cos was about to update that.

So looks like the seat is guaranteed to be Curt's now, he can probably chill out and halve his volume now I'm gone, gg and enjoy the package.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ:
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Hi Ihadtrip7s and Tikay, I forgot to enter the promo code which I have done now so I should be on the leaderboard tomorrow.  I am in your tier Ihadtrip7s as I was away last month so didn't make priority. Good luck at the tables sir, dtm
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Ouch you should have holiday'd in August :P You'll have it locked up I can only 8 table on my awful laptop and there doesn't appear to be much competition, gl over there.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Hi IAH, My original reply was.... ".....Starting from September 30th, every time you play a cash game and are involved in a raked hand we will track it on our Punta Cana Cash Kings leaderboard . ( A raked hand is defined as any hand in which you are dealt hole cards and a minimum of 1 pence in rake is taken .)....."   I asked for clarification today, & they told me that as long as you are DEALT a hand, even if you fold pre-flop, it counts, as long as some rake is paid by someone in the hand. I hope that helps.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah it does thanks,cheers for the response ...
    although I think the suits missed a trick doing it that way tbh. more people multi tabling but completely nitting up = less rake especially at micro/low /mid stakes also leaves it slightly open for cheating (not that I am saying there is people cheating in fact  im sure there isn't) I mean it would be easy to load like 20-25 tables at micro's playing complete abc poker and double teaming with a mate, would be impossible to spot,
    maybe im just an old sceptical g!t :)

regards
    IAH
  • edited October 2014
    Sadly Shann I don't have it locked up. I was well excited about this promo cos I suck at satellites but would absolutely love to go. I aint left the country for a holiday for over 20 years now (I'm 27)... even the date to fly out was 4th November (my birthday), and it seemed like I could smash it as long as I wasn't in DTM's tier... I started grinding 4NL on 30th Sept as soon as it turned midnight when I still had about 9700 points, I saw that Zinfan was also going nuts for the promo playing about 24 tables iirc and knew she'd be in Prio (and I knew DTM was going for the low stakes non-prio) and so I decided to just keep going til I got to like 9995 points and stop until midnight when it turned to 1st Oct. I can only play about 15 tables on my laptop really, anything above that and I'm not playing, I'm spending all my time clicking the 'I'm back' button all over the place... not even cos I can't physically keep it, I find that bit quite easy, but once I get to that many tables whether it's my laptop or internet connection I dunno but it starts to lag like crazy so I never end up getting my full time bank to make actions because half of it is gone by the time I actually see what's happened. If I was 15tabling 4NL, so actually able to make proper decisions then I'm 100% confident I would finish above break even easily over a decent sample, but I didn't think 15tabling was gonna be enough to win it so at times I was playing more like 20 tables and just accepting the fact I was donating 6p per orbit for the most part (I did get to play some hands). Anyway, I knew I wasn't gonna keep up with Zinfan's 24tabling, so decided to grind up to the point of 9995 points and go for the non-prio one. The only other person I could see on the tables at midnight trying for it was Curt360 but I thought he wasn't gonna be a threat as he said he was only gonna play about 8hr per day. Annoyingly holding off on Prio meant I had to stop at 3pm so gave a potential half day lead to him which he obv took advantage of cos the scores on leaderboard were my 8k hands to his 16k hands. Pretty annoyed that Sky decided to remove the hand counts in the next day's leaderboard cos I have no idea of the gap and whether it's worth trying. It is probably an attempt by Sky to put people off thinking 'meh he's miles ahead, I won't bother' but in my case it's done the opposite... if I was close I'd have tried, but as I don't know I'm not wasting my time to find out, cos this is such a top heavy promo that me grinding like 200+ hours to make 2nd place money would just be a complete waste of time. I knew I had some catching up to do from the first day so I got some kip late on 30th Sept when I couldn't play anyway (for fear of making Prio), woke up a little after midnight, and played almost non stop until the following midnight. That's right, I played almost 24 hours straight, virtually never less than 15 tables, and I still wasn't top of the leaderboard today!! Obv cos Sky didn't include hand counts I have no idea how close I was, but if that kinda grind wasn't even enough to get me back on top then I just cba trying to repeat that ALOT over the next few weeks. Having wrote this... might steal it for my diary now lol cos was about to update that. So looks like the seat is guaranteed to be Curt's now, he can probably chill out and halve his volume now I'm gone, gg and enjoy the package.
    Posted by Lambert180

Sorry you aren't gonna give it a shot lambert, i was rooting for you.
    I played from the start at what i thought was a reasonable volume, after a day i stopped enjoying it. It was neither fun nor profitable. As a higher functioning insomniac- could have put a massive volume in, but it does feel like a mismanaged promo. 
    The fact that the winner will need an extra grand to cover both flights for an 'all inclusive' holiday at short notice is a testament to that. 
    After a day i had 10,000 hands and curt 16,000- that means i paid a minimum of £100 rake to sky (although i reckon about £400) multiply that by 20 (days) and you see how much extra money they'll get.
    I think it was a fun promo, it's a shame it felt pointless so fast. 
    I can't complain- before this i could only play 4 tables and sucked at cash.
    Now i'm comfortable on 12 tables, (although i still totally suck at cash). 

My suggestion would be play half the volume for half the time then buy yourself a holiday. They aren't that expensive and it sounds like you deserve it!
  • edited October 2014
    I was in the same boat as you are now a few days ago Lambert. I stupidly thought it was points based though and played from midnight to 5am on the 30th and then from 12pm to 3am. (6 tabling) I then found out the next day that it was based on number of hands but because the leaderboard wasn't updated with me on it I had no idea how far I was behind zinfan - so just decided then to give up. Maybe if I hadn't I could still be in with a chance but I doubt it. 
  • edited October 2014
    "1,500 dollars' worth of hotel resort credits"

Can somebody confirm exactly what this is? Thanks.
  • edited October 2014
    "1,500 dollars' worth of hotel resort credits" Can somebody confirm exactly what this is? Thanks.
    Posted by PLEASEFISH
    Hi Mr Please,

Yes, I'll C & P the reply I gave on the regular Punta Cana FAQ thread a while ago, hopefully that will answer your question.

"......Effectively, you win a package which includes the Hotel room, food & drink as part of the package.

The "Hotel Package" includes, within it, $1,500 of "Resort Credits", which are for various "Dominican Experience" trips & activities, such as day trips to adventure locations, golf, spa, massage, & the like. These tot up to a maximum of $1,500. There is NO CREDIT OR CASH ALTERNATIVE available for these. You either use them, or not, it's up to you.

Think of it like a Room Mini-bar which is free to the room occupant - its up to him or her if they use that Minibar. Obv, you don't get that particular freebie, I'm just using an analogy.

Hope that makes it a little more clear......"
  • edited October 2014
    The leaderboard has been updated, do we know when the scores will be added?
  • edited October 2014
    Could be some interesting dynamics approaching the end as some players will no doubt be aiming to finish 2nd on the last rather than top!
  • edited October 2014
    The leaderboard has been updated, do we know when the scores will be added?
    Posted by Kazuko
    Are the scores going to be added to the leaderboards at any point or was the day 1 table just a clerical error?

It'd be good to see, we've had points totals up for other recent promos so don't see there being anything that stops them being published...?
  • edited October 2014
    As it's the final week, would it not be a good idea to update the scores daily? This gives players more incentive to play more if they are only a few hands behind people for extra cash prizes or punta cana seat. The sweat would be good too!!
  • edited October 2014
    Would be good to have at least one update this week.
  • edited October 2014
    Would be good to have at least one update this week.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Even if not everyday then atleast friday, then if i'm still behind tmt for 2nd i can get a 48 hour session in!!
    Think I must have jumped infront of him today after 9 hours of 8-16 tabling
  • edited October 2014
    So i've over taken TMT_TBE and got into 2nd place, now the race is on till the end of the week, played about 12-13 hours today of which around 2-3 have been where he wasn't playing, ive been 16-20 tabling too and he has only been playing 11 so fingers crossed! Decided to go from .25/.50 down to 0.02/0.04p so that the swings of playing so many tables are not to big specially as running bad at the moment! Must have played over 3436 hands to get infront so this could be easy, depends on his volume!
    An update on points nearing the end of the week would be so good, not only for players but definatly sky.
    On your marks get set go!
  • edited October 2014

+1 lets see a few points updates b4 sunday
  • edited October 2014
    So i've over taken TMT_TBE and got into 2nd place, now the race is on till the end of the week, played about 12-13 hours today of which around 2-3 have been where he wasn't playing, ive been 16-20 tabling too and he has only been playing 11 so fingers crossed! Decided to go from .25/.50 down to 0.02/0.04p so that the swings of playing so many tables are not to big specially as running bad at the moment! Must have played over 3436 hands to get infront so this could be easy, depends on his volume! An update on points nearing the end of the week would be so good, not only for players but definatly sky. On your marks get set go!
    Posted by JimiAls1
    But wouldn't the hands at NL4 count towards a different tier of the promo, hence letting TMT_TBE overtake you again?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : But wouldn't the hands at NL4 count towards a different tier of the promo, hence letting TMT_TBE overtake you again?
    Posted by shakinaces
    He's in the Prio tier so everything from 4NL - 50NL is included.
  • edited October 2014
    Would anyone from sky be able to let us know if an update with hand counts is possible?  I realise it might be difficult over the weekend.

Thank you :)
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys, I've liased with the marketing rabble and they've given the all-clear for a hand count update tomorrow leading into the final weekend.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys, I've liased with the marketing rabble and they've given the all-clear for a hand count update tomorrow leading into the final weekend.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Thanks Dan, much appreciated.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Thanks Dan, much appreciated.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanking You.
  • edited October 2014
    So what happens if 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all can't make it? Apparently it may be happening.
  • edited October 2014
    So what happens if 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all can't make it? Apparently it may be happening.
    Posted by PLEASEFISH
    There own fault for entering the promotion! Clearly states tickets non refundable
  • edited October 2014
    my score hasn't be updated on the leaderboard for about 5 days, 
    is it just me?

• edited October 2014
    my score hasn't be updated on the leaderboard for about 5 days,  is it just me?
    Posted by poppy765
    i dont look much but i think my score was that yesterday
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : There own fault for entering the promotion! Clearly states tickets non refundable
    Posted by JimiAls1
    I guess that's what it says, yea. If they forfeit and it gets passed on to the next highest place then i may be in line.
  • edited October 2014
    my score hasn't be updated on the leaderboard for about 5 days,  is it just me?
    Posted by poppy765
    I'm sure it's the same here aswell.but I didn't want to say just incase they had lol...not that I'm that bothered.
  • edited October 2014
    The final leaderboard looks wrong and doesn't fit in with the last few updates.
  • edited October 2014
    yup as I suspected I jumped from 36866 total this morning .....to  a final total of 87037so it would seem they have not been adding them at all ..shame realy as I took it  lot easier than I was going to due to being so far behind but still £250.. for nothing is always nice
  • edited October 2014
    also would like to add that 1/4 of a million hands over 2 levels by DTM is just sick. and when u factor in hands that rake wasn't collected a conservative guess at probably 300k hands in like 19 days  wd sir......Hope u guys all enjoy the Dominican

regards
    IAH