You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ:
    Ivanovic, I've sorted the formatting of the table out now so should appear more clearly. I've also forwarded your questions on to the marketing team and made them aware of this thread so you should get a response soon.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    OK thanks... the table for priority once again specifies it's up to 25/50NL. However, I'm still not anywhere on the leaderboard which is odd considering I was 6 tabling for 15 hours yesterday
  • edited October 2014
    Just heard from the Priority team that they've had some data delays with their leaderboard today so that is most likely the issue.

Looks like we won't have the accurate data for the bottom table until tomorrow, so I've removed it for the time being.

Sorry!
  • edited October 2014
    OK thanks for the reply. It's still somewhat annoying though - I really don't feel like 6 tabling for another 14+ hours at 50NL if it turns out I'm not going to be near the top of the leaderboard anyway. I could just do what everyone else is doing and play 16 4NL tables but I've already had a disadvantage from missing out on a day and I don't know if that's construed as being 'fair' and not abusing the promotion? If it is fair then I might do that but don't want to get in trouble for doing something that's not deemed as fair!
  • edited October 2014
    Can you confirm when the cutoff date / time is for the table, i.e is it midnight or other?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Hi Paul, It seems to me to be clearly defined on the Promo page, as follows..... ".....Starting from September 30th, every time you play a cash game and are involved in a raked hand we will track it on our Punta Cana Cash Kings leaderboard . ( A raked hand is defined as any hand in which you are dealt hole cards and a minimum of 1 pence in rake is taken .)....." The Promo page is HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah but there needs to be some clarification with regards to it being contributed rake or not...
  • edited October 2014
    It does seem pretty harsh when you have good 50nl regs playing 4nl and admitting they are no where near going to even break even and that they just keep timing out..

Curious as to know why it is hands played and not rake played?? i cant see many pros but an awful lot of cons, although if there is certain reasons as to why its like this then thats understandable
  • edited October 2014
    There's a total of 25 4NL tables currently running. I loaded some up for a few minutes but am not going to try and play catchup and besides just think it would be ridiculous for me to to try and load up 16+ tables on my laptop - auto focus doesn't even seem to work so I'll just end up timing out a ridiculous amount of time. How the recreational players at 4NL must be enjoying this...
  • edited October 2014
    so with a 4 screen setup it might be possible to play 48-64 tables? guess that will even finance buying the new graphics card and screens. 
  • edited October 2014
    And you don't need to worry about missing the first couple of days
  • edited October 2014
    OMG
    i wish i was young again. 
    8 screens
    play two different levels simultaneously. 
    and get a holiday for it
    yeeha

• edited October 2014
    And you don't need to worry about missing the first couple of days
    Posted by GELDY
    Depends how many tables the people that have played the first 2 days are willing to play! If you fold all day playing 20 tables you might lose £100 though. So it' going to be profitable, yeah.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : I'm guessing he changed his mind (probably because DTM was in priority) and decided to not make priority last month (he was on 9700 on the last day)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Ok - no point me trying either then or anyone else at that rate  - I think Lambo has got this sewn up already - plus I have to work so i have no chance.  I know there is cash but not much point grinding for 20 days to maybe get a £100?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Ok - no point me trying either then or anyone else at that rate  - I think Lambo has got this sewn up already - plus I have to work so i have no chance.  I know there is cash but not much point grinding for 20 days to maybe get a £100?
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Yeah unless you have a very good chance of coming 1st there is no point in trying. zinfan looks to have the priority one locked up that I was going for - he's amassed 19k points after the first day.

Really annoying because I'd got 2550 C4P after the first day which would probably have been top of the leaderboard were it a points race.
  • edited October 2014
    Still no answer about whether playing as many tables as possible at 4NL and folding is "abusing" this promotion. I've no doubt got no chance already unless I try and survive off 4 hours sleep per night and grind 18 hours a day. But before I try something like this it'd be nice to have clarification on it being OK.
  • edited October 2014
    Any news on whats happening with this? Is it staying as it is or changing to point rather than hands? Leaderboards getting updated?
  • edited October 2014
    Still no answer about whether playing as many tables as possible at 4NL and folding is "abusing" this promotion. I've no doubt got no chance already unless I try and survive off 4 hours sleep per night and grind 18 hours a day. But before I try something like this it'd be nice to have clarification on it being OK.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

I'm going 3 weeks with 4 hours a night bud.  

• edited October 2014

Hi, can you please add the scores to the leaderboard?

Also it says updated today, can you add the time please that the hands are included upto.

Thx
  • edited October 2014
    Hi, can you please add the scores to the leaderboard? Also it says updated today, can you add the time please that the hands are included upto. Thx
    Posted by Kazuko
    +1 please.
  • edited October 2014
    Also just in case, if I get priority this month am I excluded from the non-prio leaderboards? I wasn't priority last month.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : I'm going 3 weeks with 4 hours a night bud.  
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I imagine you'll need even more than a week's luxury holiday to recover from that! Genuinely don't know how you manage these monster grinds.

Hope that Sky can add the scores in, it'll make it a far more interesting competition if we can see what gaps people need to close in order to ladder.
  • edited October 2014
    How come I no longer see Dontellmum on the leaderboard? Which section is he going to be in? If he's in mine I'll give up now lol.
  • edited October 2014

Hi guys.

I don't know any more about this Promo than you, so I spoke to the Office today, to try & get a bit of detail, such that I can (try to) reply to your questions every day, particularly as the chaps in the Office all have plenty to do, & don't monitor the Community. 

Quite why I did that I don't know, as I'm sure there'll be some toing & froing, but I'll do my best, & if I don't know a particular answer, I know a man or lady who does.

Bear with me please, I'll try & clear up the current stuff now, then I'll do so again once every day.

Thank you.

• edited October 2014
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hi Tennis Bloke,

No, this would NOT be deemed "abuse" of the Promo, you can do anything within the rules, & that includes this.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi, can you please add the scores to the leaderboard? Also it says updated today, can you add the time please that the hands are included upto. Thx
    Posted by Kazuko
    The cut-off point for the Daily Leaderboard is Midnight.

The "scores" will ONLY be included on Monday, so they will be shown on Monday 6th, Monday 13th, & the final position, I assume, on Monday 20th.

• edited October 2014
    How come I no longer see Dontellmum on the leaderboard? Which section is he going to be in? If he's in mine I'll give up now lol.
    Posted by IHadTrips7
    I've no idea why you cannot see any individual name.

I cannot tell you which section he is in either - but presumsably he can be in any section he wishes providing he complies with the criteria. So, if he is Priority, he cannot be in "Prio Excluded" categories.

I'm afraid I won't ever be able to tell you why you can or cannot see a particular name, that info will not be made available to me, & nor would I expect it to.

• edited October 2014
    Also just in case, if I get priority this month am I excluded from the non-prio leaderboards? I wasn't priority last month.
    Posted by IHadTrips7
    Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that yet, but I will find out for you, & hope to reply to you by tomorrow.
  • edited October 2014
    Just saw the Priority only table (micro/low stakes) - (which isn't a table right now) and I'm not even on it despite having played 16 hours 6 tabling yesterday and playing very LAG. It says now it's for stakes up to 5p/10p but yesterday when the promo started it definitely said it was up to 25/50NL.  Honestly this promotion is terrible if it's based on raked hands rather than points earned. It's just open to a ton of abuse (which can't really be proved) - right now 2p/4p is full of people playing a riduclous number of tables that they'd never play under normal circumstances. And they don't even have to play any hands....they can just wait for big hands and by the end of the promo they won't pay as much rake as they win in a package.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    As I understand it, the "Priority/Low" includes for up to 50NL.  
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Yeah but there needs to be some clarification with regards to it being contributed rake or not...
    Posted by iatehorse
    Hi IAH,

My original reply was....

".....Starting from September 30th, every time you play a cash game and are involved in a raked hand we will track it on our Punta Cana Cash Kings leaderboard . ( A raked hand is defined as any hand in which you are dealt hole cards and a minimum of 1 pence in rake is taken .)....."

I asked for clarification today, & they told me that as long as you are DEALT a hand, even if you fold pre-flop, it counts, as long as some rake is paid by someone in the hand.

I hope that helps.
  • edited October 2014

I think that covers most of the generic questions.

I'll come back on the thread tomorrow if any further clarification is required.

Customer Care may be the beter route if you require an answer more quickly.

Have a great evening, I'm off to get bashed up (again) in the PLO8 DYM's. 

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : I've no idea why you cannot see any individual name. I cannot tell you which section he is in either - but presumsably he can be in any section he wishes providing he complies with the criteria. So, if he is Priority, he cannot be in "Prio Excluded" categories. I'm afraid I won't ever be able to tell you why you can or cannot see a particular name, that info will not be made available to me, & nor would I expect it to.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Ihadtrip7s and Tikay,

I forgot to enter the promo code which I have done now so I should be on the leaderboard tomorrow.  I am in your tier Ihadtrip7s as I was away last month so didn't make priority.

Good luck at the tables sir,

dtm