You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ:
    The final leaderboard looks wrong and doesn't fit in with the last few updates.
    Posted by splashies
    +1 this looks WAY off sky. 
  • edited October 2014
    Well that's pretty annoying. Clearly you aint the only one cos I was looking at it yesterday thinking 'god Curt only finished on 80k hands, I could have smashed that if I'd continued'... then it's gone up like 50k hands in 1 day lol.

Also, remember the thread about who'd win the medium stakes board and someone posted on 17th that points between the two were....

Abound: 64919 hands
    MIKEY802 : 64812 hands.

Now Abound is on 150k 2 days later... seems unlikely it took him 17 days to make 65k and then 2 days to make 85k more.

Not sure if the leaderboards are wrong now or have just been wrong at earlier stages of the promo but one has to be wrong.
  • edited October 2014
    Doing some quick maths, the final figures (for me at least) look way more right than they did during the recent updates.

Glad I played a couple more hours on Sunday evening now as it bumped me up another place, even though on Saturday's update it looked like I was guaranteeed not to move up or down.

And not wanting to pi ss on the promo... but would have been way more easy to verify / track performance through the 3 week period if it had been based on points, not hands. Just a thought before the next rake race....

Congrats to the package winners, they deserve every R&R day of their upcoming holiday!!Doing some quick maths, the final figures (for me at least) look way more right than they did during the recent updates.
  • edited October 2014
    Would like a response from sky before they release the payouts if the leaderboard is wrong.
  • edited October 2014
    Well that was unexpected, jumped to 2nd from 7th on the final board. Not sure if this board is right but I do think some of the previous boards were wrong, I played for 8 hours and barely added 1000 hands according to one daily leaderboard.
  • edited October 2014
    100% wrong. I haven't played for days and my hand counts gone up and I've overtaken ppl. Shambles.
  • edited October 2014
    Looks like they have added total hands played to yesterday's update.
  • edited October 2014
    Utterly rediculous the figures they've released today.

It's moved me down one spot on the medium stakes leaderboard which doesnt matter but assuming these are now correct, it would have had a big impact on how much other people needed to grind.

I seem to remember this type of issue with an updated leaderboard with another promo in the past. Sky, surely you're striving to gain trust, not lose it. As Shakinaces mentioned, +1 for a points race, now for one more reason.

I nearly said something the other day about MIKEY only going from 64812 />> 669XX (from the 17th >> 18th Leaderboards). While Abound went from 64919 >> approx. 70500. When they grinded a similar number of tables for a similar time period (from what i saw). I have no doubt now that one set of these figures were incorrect.

Look forward to hearing what Sky have to say.
  • edited October 2014
    Looks like they have added total hands played to yesterday's update.
    Posted by Quixla
    May coincidentally work for some, but I've recorded the tables from previous days and that's not what has happened.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys,

Just to clarify the final leaderboards posted on the site are definitely correct, we've had this confirmed by the data team.

We're currently waiting on an explanation as to why there was such a jump in most players' points over the last day, as if some hands weren't included in previous updates. Will keep you updated.

Apologies for this, as it does look like there has been a degree of movement in the final leaderboards, ihadtrips being an extreme example. 
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys, Just to clarify the final leaderboards posted on the site are definitely correct, we've had this confirmed by the data team. We're currently waiting on an explanation as to why there was such a jump in most players' points over the last day, as if some hands weren't included in previous updates. Will keep you updated. Apologies for this, as it does look like there has been a degree of movement in the final leaderboards, ihadtrips being an extreme example. 
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Dan, The data team are incorrect. The table definitely shows total hands played, not raked hands played. I keep detailed records of my sessions and hands played.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi guys, Just to clarify the final leaderboards posted on the site are definitely correct, we've had this confirmed by the data team. We're currently waiting on an explanation as to why there was such a jump in most players' points over the last day, as if some hands weren't included in previous updates. Will keep you updated. Apologies for this, as it does look like there has been a degree of movement in the final leaderboards, ihadtrips being an extreme example. 
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Hi dan whilst the final tables maybe correct, It doesn't really help an awful lot, as some people myself included did tone down the volume I planned to put in from last Monday.
    Now im not saying I could of won it in fact im pretty sure I wouldn't of ( but I deff would of finished in a higher position though)but you can surely see with mine jumping by over 51k hands in the space of one day why some people would be annoyed,
  • edited October 2014
    The most important thing is how much of an impact it could have on people's grind amount.

For instance Curt in the low stakes was showing as 80k hands yesterday. If player X was on 110k, they could choose to play 10k hands on the last day thinking 'there's no way that Curt is gonna play over 40k hands in the last day' so 120k will lock it up for them. Then today he suddenly jumps to 150k, it's masssssively harsh on the person who thought they could stop playing after X hours and were sure to win.

There is literally zero point in displaying leaderboards if people can't rely on their accuracy.
  • edited October 2014
    The data team have confirmed that although hand totals were still increasing steadily towards the end of the promo, they should have been increasing more, this was to do with some kind of limit being hit in the data system. Again, apologies to those who have been affected. Your comments are being forwarded on.
  • edited October 2014
    Dan the table is showing TOTAL hands, not RAKED hands, I'm 100% sure on this.
  • edited October 2014
    Dan the table is showing TOTAL hands, not RAKED hands, I'm 100% sure on this.
    Posted by splashies

Splashies can you PM me the details you've got and I'll forward it on to the relevant people
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Splashies can you PM me the details you've got and I'll forward it on to the relevant people
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    PM sent, cheers.
  • edited October 2014
    Well done Sky. Good work as ever. Suppose it's only the first time something like this has happened. Aw no wait, it happens every promotion.
  • edited October 2014
    Dan whilst I know you do a top job for sky and I don't hold you personally responsible, your comments greatly concern me at sky's ability to run these promotions properly.

Most players volumes over the last few days will have been directly linked to the data published on Saturday. To say that the raked hand count was wrong for each player is inexcusible, especially with the big shift in the rankings for the tables that where issued today. Some players have missed out on not insignificant amounts of money, which they may have expected to receive from the promotion. 
  • edited October 2014
    The reason for the massive change in the most recent table is because it is showing total hands. It's the first time the heading has been only HANDS and not RAKED HANDS. All the other headers on all previous updates were raked hands.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : Splashies can you PM me the details you've got and I'll forward it on to the relevant people
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    He doesn't need to, even the most recent table itself on the promotions page now just says "Hands".
  • edited October 2014
    The reason for the massive change in the most recent table is because it is showing total hands. It's the first time the heading has been only HANDS and not RAKED HANDS. All the other headers on all previous updates were raked hands.
    Posted by PLEASEFISH
    Yeh it's unbelievable how they cannot see their mistake.

They have paid out the bonuses too, so not sure what they will do if they post the correct leaderboard.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Cash Kings FAQ : He doesn't need to, even the most recent table itself on the promotions page now just says "Hands".
    Posted by PLEASEFISH
    It still might be the case that the final table is wrong, however I've c/p'd the tables from the previous few days, which say 'Hands' as the column heading.
  • edited October 2014
    Surely if there's some dispute that the tables are wrong they shouldn't have paid out the bonuses?? 
  • edited October 2014
    I guess you're never safe, never trust anyone, gg TMT, hope the two 6 hour finishes were worth it.
    May all the top place finishers run amazing out there, if anyone is selling action, hit me up.
  • edited October 2014
    Ddin,t take part but have done on previous promos but its happened twice recently on other sites. The terms and conditions changed in the last few hours of a 4 day period and one for a bit longer on one. 

It was similar issues 

It was an STT race and DYM,s were excluded as part 2B in the t,cs and c,s ( I remember it well - it cost me a bit) With 4 hours to go on an hourly leaderboard ( ps Could Sky not do hourly board)
    I noticed all the same players switched to super turbo 4 player DYM,s and i stayed on the 6 max slow STT,s as it still stated in the t,cs and c,s then it miracously dissapeared.  They,d admitted they,d made an error in an email with it but they couldn,t change the leaderboard as they had traced the super turbo DYM,s which in turn factored in all the scores meaning you could now play 5-10 x games and like Sky its paid out straightaway - Just get this though  
    1. We retain the right to cancel or modify the advertised promotion and alter the prizes at any time.

Was hoping to take part in next one as it does cater for all BR,s which suits me but hope they,ll learn from this and maybe delay payments so it won,t happen again

• edited October 2014
    It's a bit of a shame that the lack of clarity on the final numbers are detracting from some incredible efforts by the players in this promotion.  Good luck all who qualified, run good out there.
  • edited October 2014
    A tiny bit off topic. There is a freeroll tonight for a puntacana package (for players that have already earned 10k points). What happens if a player wins that already has the package?

• edited October 2014
    A tiny bit off topic. There is a freeroll tonight for a puntacana package (for players that have already earned 10k points). What happens if a player wins that already has the package?
    Posted by hhamza162
    I believe from what I can see that the players who have won a package are not entered, unless they didn't make 10k...?
  • edited October 2014
    oh right cool, lol im sure they would have all made prio