You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!)

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    Nice to play against you this evening Graham. I've enjoyed playing against and typically losing to most of the competitors on the leader board over the last year or so.  I've learned a lot from you all and hope to develop my game sufficiently to beat one or two of you occasionally! Anyhow, I've had a decent evening today and managed a FT in the £50 £3,500 BH and won the £50 £2,000 BH.  So as a gesture to Graham for setting this up and thanks to you all for the lessons learned playing against you, I would like to donate £50 to the cause.  May I suggest £25 to Graham's charity and £25 to the overall winner. Best regards Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    What a delightful post!

Very kind of you Matt! Thanks again mate and I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of each other at the tables.

All the best! GL at UKPC if you are going!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015

Almost got some "Tournament Wins Shield" points today, but not quite.

2nd in the £55 BH and deep in the mini when AA<TT (rivered Ten), so not to be, but hey, can't complain.

Profit for 2015 now > zero, I'm coming after you guys!

Cheers, was a fun night tonight, plenty of final table exchanges with Matt Bates (He finished 4th in the £55 BH). So I came out ahead of him this time., but I'm sure he'll be after revenge!

Wishing all competitors a good weekend at the tables!

Cheers Graham

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    Don't mean to be a pest Graham! It would be good to see the actual updated spreadsheet on the opening post :) Cos when you write go to the last page of thread it only applies until a few others post and it's quicker and easier to view if the table is on the first page. Hope to bump into you in some more BHs soon, have a lovely weekend and flop well xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Hi Mrs D.

I've thought about this. However, I really want people to read the thread.

So you are correct, it will not always be the last page, however, I want to keep the interest going and make sure that posts don't become dormant.

So I thought a good compromise, would be to notify people via the opening post, but still add the updated spreadsheets to the end of the thread, for the very reason that I want to generate interest in the posts, and not just the tables.

Hope this makes sense, as always, I appreciate your feedback, look forward to seeing you on the tables soon.

G xx
  • edited January 2015
    Mrs D.

I have had another thought.

Going forward, when I update the opening post I will also write in there the total that has been pledged at that point in time. So people can see the "Number" straight away, but will have to go to the subsequent posts, for more detailed information.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Lol Graham, you're very sweet!!
    I promise you people will read this thread wherever you put the spreadsheet, as it's a fantastic thread!
    But it's your thread you make the decisions :)
    I've been thinking carefully about how to support this, will be decided by the end of the month lol
    Happy Saturday! x
  • edited January 2015
    Opening Table Draw for Tonight's 9.00pm, £55 BH has me sat with, Scotty77, Solack and TommyD.

Let the fun begin!
  • edited January 2015
    I called it yesterday. I knew Matt B would be out for revenge!

Final table of £55 Speed BH saw Matt B, Solack, Nutter5932 and yours truly, battling it out.

Ended up Heads up between me and Matt B.

I was firmly put in my place by Matt, and he  takes a deserved 2pts towards the "Tournament Wins Shield" and another tenner goes to charity.

This makes the total: £1,645

Great job guys!
  • edited January 2015
    I called it yesterday. I knew Matt B would be out for revenge! Final table of £55 Speed BH saw Matt B, Solack, Nutter5932 and yours truly, battling it out. Ended up Heads up between me and Matt B. I was firmly put in my place by Matt, and he  takes a deserved 2pts towards the "Tournament Wins Shield" and another tenner goes to charity. This makes the total: £1,645 Great job guys!
    Posted by StayOrGo
    GG Graham. I managed to ship the 9pm £55bh too! More money for charity!
  • edited January 2015
    Another donation from me too
  • edited January 2015
    Theres obviously some good karma going on here!! I mght have to get involved......
  • edited January 2015
    Theres obviously some good karma going on here!! I mght have to get involved......
    Posted by Glenelg
    Please do Glenelg.

Be great to have you onboard!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by SoLack
    Congratulations Paul on winning last night's main event!

You are the new leader of the "Tournament Wins Shield" with 12pts.

Matt Bates after his brace of £55 BH, moves into third with 4pts. Conor (bearlyther) slips to 2nd place on 9pts.

As there's been quite a lot of activity, I'll add the "Competitor Spreadsheet" below:

NAMESKY ALIASCHARITYPLEDGE AMT.MAIN WINSMINI WINS£55 BH WINSPTSDONATION
    Matt BatesMattBatesSTEP UP£50.000024£20.00
    Ben NuttallNutter5932CANCER RESEARCH UK£50.000000£0.00
    Ryan SpittlesScotty77NUFFIELD ORTHOPEDIC CENTRE £50.000012£10.00
    Graham CarterStayOrGoSALVATION ARMY£50.000000£0.00
    Tommy DyerTommyDCENTREPOINT£50.000000£0.00
    Natalie BromleyBromley23BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION£50.000000£0.00
    Adam BromleyBromley04RSPCA£50.000000£0.00
    Paul GarnerSoLackST MICHAEL'S HOSPICE£50.0010112£20.00
    David WatkinWacko90MS TRUST£50.000000£0.00
    Conor GilmorebearlytherMARIE CURIE CANCER CARE£50.000119£20.00
    Roger ArthursjawzindawzPROSTRATE CANCER UK£50.000000£0.00
    Chris Cunlifferspca12GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND£50.000000£0.00
    Ross McConnellRossMcPERCY HEDLEY FOUNDATION£50.000000£0.00
    Andy YoungchicknMeltMIND IN CAMBRIDGSHIRE£50.000000£0.00
    David HarveyHITMAN_RVHELP THE HEROES£50.000000£0.00

TOTAL PLEDGED BY COMPETITORS£750.00

UPDATED
    TOTAL SPONSORED£845.00
    MAINWIN =10POINTS
    18/01/2015
    DONATION FOR TOURNAMENT WINS£70.00
    MINIWIN =7POINTS

£55 BHWIN =2POINTS

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL£1,665.00

• edited January 2015
    We're looking for someone to represent "The Samaritans" Glenelg, so would be great if you could do that!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    While we're at it. With all this change going on. Let's take a look at the updated Leader Board.

It was only going to be a matter of time before Matt and Paul showed themselves.

Nice work gents!

TOURNAMENTLEADER BOARDSTANDINGSUPDATED18/01/2015

POSITIONNAMESKY IDPROFITOVERALL POS
    1stConnor Gilmorebearlyther$5,398.004th
    2ndChris Cunlifferspca12$5,059.005th
    3rdPaul GarnerSolack$3,950.009th
    4thMatt BatesMattBates$3,144.0016th

• edited January 2015
    Lol Graham, you're very sweet!! I promise you people will read this thread wherever you put the spreadsheet, as it's a fantastic thread! But it's your thread you make the decisions :) I've been thinking carefully about how to support this, will be decided by the end of the month lol Happy Saturday! x
    Posted by mrsduck
    Upon reflection Mrs D, I decided that your are right. (I wasn't sure how the edit of OP worked), but as I can "replace" previous spreadsheets, going forward I will put the three spreadsheets on the OP.

I will replace them weekly, and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis, with the up to date versions.

I will start doing this on Thurs 22/01/2015.

Silly me, you're a woman. Of course you were right! :=)

Thanks again,

G x
  • edited January 2015
    22nd sounds perfect, quack! PS Great results recently :)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all, I have just spoken with my son Gary Carter (Limp2Lose)

He's decided to change his £50 sponsorship of me, and to pledge the £50 as a competitor instead.

He will be representing "The Samaritans"

He's a profitable player, but mainly only plays £5.75 and £11 BH's, until he can increase his bankroll.

In place of his sponsorship of me, I will sponsor him £50 to go to his charity, "The Samaritans".

I will update the spreadsheets accordingly, however the additional £50 brings the total pledged up to £1,715.00!

Welcome to the affray Gary! Good Luck son!

All the best,

Dad
  • edited January 2015
    3rd in the roller tonight.

Exit hand a bit unlucky TT<A7 all in pre, but a good result, non the less!

Should get me on the leader board!

Time for some sleep!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    3rd in the roller tonight. Exit hand a bit unlucky TT<A7 all in pre, but a good result, non the less! Should get me on the leader board! Time for some sleep! Cheers Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Good work Graham.  A well deserved reward for all your hard work.  

The results just keep coming for all TLB participants!!
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by SoLack
    Well done on the main event win Paul...must have been the lucky chips you luckboxed off me :)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : Good work Graham.  A well deserved reward for all your hard work.   The results just keep coming for all TLB participants!!
    Posted by bromley04
    Thanks Adam! Yes it's been quite a start for a lot of the competitors involved in this challenge.

I can see it is going to be quite a battle for all concerned. The winner will have certainly earned it!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Going to UKPC? We'd love your support! Take a look at the link below:

https://doodle.com/g3rvy5remsbhfqku

Any support would be amazing!

Thanks again,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Maybe I'm destined not to get any "Tournament Wins Charity Shield" points. :=(

2nd again in the £55BH (£2,500 G)

Not complaining though, still a decent result. 

Some good battles with Ryan Spittles (Scotty77) and David Watkin (Wacko90) who both cashed in it, with David taking 3rd place. Well done mate!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    22nd sounds perfect, quack! PS Great results recently :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Hi Mrs D!

As promised, the spreadsheets are at the top of the Opening Post! 

Enjoy!

Graham x
  • edited January 2015
    What a great idea ;) looks good!
  • edited January 2015
    Good day at the tables today. Still no "Tournament Wins" points, but final tabled the Main Event and the £55 BH, finishing third in the main.

Any one else getting some OK results? GL all for the weekend.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Congratulations to David Watkin (Wacko90) who won the £55 Speed BH last night, earning himself 2 "Tournament Wins Shield" points in the process. The £10 donation now brings us up to £1785 pledged.

Also well done, to Ross McConnell (RossMc) who finished second in the same tournament.

Good luck in the big tournaments tonight guys.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    GL all in the Roller and the other big tournaments tonight!
  • edited January 2015
    Happy to add another £10 to total and managing to luckbox the £55 speed bh tonight.
  • edited January 2015
    Happy to add another £10 to total and managing to luckbox the £55 speed bh tonight.
    Posted by RossMc
    Great stuff Ross! One better than yesterday. 2pts mate, you are off the mark. You got two points more than me, 4 seconds and 2 thirds in eligible events, doesn't cut it lol

Well done mate! I will update the spreadsheet.

Cheers Graham