You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!)

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Hello again Graham, my nominated charity will be Cancer Research. I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in May 2013, and had the prostrate and surrounding area removed in December 2013. I was given the all clear about 3 months ago and I honestly believe that if it wasn't for the amazing work of all these types of charity that the future would be a lot bleaker for many of us. My proper name is Roger Arthurs by the way. I would just like to add that your wonderful initiative has further enhanced my belief that the Sky Poker community is indeed by far the best around and is so good that it is in fact quite unique. All the very best.
  • edited January 2015

PS. I don't do Skype but my email address is hipposrule@live.co.uk 

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    PS. I don't do Skype but my email address is hipposrule@live.co.uk 
    Posted by jawzindawz
    Welcome aboard Roger! I have just sent you and email. If you could reply when you get a chance that would be great.

Thanks again and all the best for 2015! GL!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    Based on family connections to the charity choices, I would like to sponsor Bromley23 and Wacko90. £10 each for now - if my poker results warrant it, I'll add to that. GL Natalie and David.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thank you very much. I'll try my best for you! 

• edited January 2015
    Hi as Roger Arthur's (jawzindawz) chosen charity was already taken by another competitor. He has changed it to:

Prostrate Cancer UK.

Another great charity. Thanks for your flexibility Roger!

COMPETITORS PLEASE READ!

Can I just say to all competitors, the sure fire way of making money for "Your specific charity" is to get friends and family to sponsor you, with the money to go to your charity regardless of the result. Just a thought, as I do want ALL charities to benefit! Please add all sponsor donation to this thread please, so I can track the running totals. If someone wants to sponsor you who doesn't have a Sky Poker ID, you can post their donation to the thread on their behalf. If you want the donation to go to your specific charity, then it is fine for them to select, the "100% goes to sponser's charity" option.

How much money you make for your specific charity, will not just depend on the result, but how well you do getting sponsors for your cause!

Good luck everyone, and use all you can to get sponsorship, twitter, facebook, emails, telephone calls etc!

Thanks again for all the support!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Won the £55 speed bounty hunter tonight so you can update the donation for that Graham. Thanks
  • edited January 2015
    Won the £55 speed bounty hunter tonight so you can update the donation for that Graham. Thanks
    Posted by bearlyther
    Congratulations mate!

£10 to the "Main Events Cup" charity pool. You are tied for the lead in this side event with Ryan Spittles on 1pt!

That tenner also puts us over the £1,200 mark!

Well done mate, and thx again for your support!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    My mum (Gwen Carter) has sponsored me £20 to go to the Salvation Army.

Thanks Mum!
  • edited January 2015
    Congratulations to Adam Bromley (Bromley04) for his Final Table finish in Sunday's main event, "The  Super Roller." This FT finish has catapulted him onto the tournament leader board, currently into 3rd place (16th over all), behind Ryan Spittles (Scotty77) and Conor Gilmore (bearlyther) who himself, is fresh off his Speed Bounty Hunter win!

Well done Adam!
  • edited January 2015
    Great work on the updates.

Regged again for another night of tournies.  GL guys
  • edited January 2015
    Well.

I am playing utter garbage.  I shall be rooted to the bottom of the leaderboard and have a mountain to climb already!!

As the only female competitor, I feel a responsibiity to sort myself out!

So.  Team talk being carried out.  Cup of tea and a chocolate digestive.  Then we are back on it!

B
  • edited January 2015
    Love the idea of this, had a look through the charities before I decided to sponsor a player and tommyd with centrepoint is the one jumping out as this charity has had influence on me in the past so I would like to sponsor tommyd £25 if that would be ok?

Great work graham obviously a very decent person and thanks for all your help
  • edited January 2015
    Well. I am playing utter garbage.  I shall be rooted to the bottom of the leaderboard and have a mountain to climb already!! As the only female competitor, I feel a responsibiity to sort myself out! So.  Team talk being carried out.  Cup of tea and a chocolate digestive.  Then we are back on it! B
    Posted by Bromley023
    I'll be racing you for the wooden spoon Natalie! :=) Not a great start for me either! Wrong side of break even this year :=)

Maybe we're just timing our run? Lets hope so!

Thanks for the post, good to get competitor updates! Keeps the thread "Alive" and generates interest from potential sponsors!

Who gunna sponsor Natalie for a late run? (Mind you we could be panicking a bit early, 359 days to go! Let's not give up all hope just yet!) :=)

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Love the idea of this, had a look through the charities before I decided to sponsor a player and tommyd with centrepoint is the one jumping out as this charity has had influence on me in the past so I would like to sponsor tommyd £25 if that would be ok? Great work graham obviously a very decent person and thanks for all your help
    Posted by kgee
    You're welcome Kyle, glad to be able to assist!

I'm sure TommyD will be delighted with your donation.

Thanks and all the best with your game in 2015! Keep in touch!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Can't believe I missed this, thanks to rspca12 for pointing it out.  Would like to sign up if not too late please, my charity is the Percy Hedley Foundation which helps disabled youngsters in Newcastle.  Alias is, umm RossMc!
  • edited January 2015
    Can't believe I missed this, thanks to rspca12 for pointing it out.  Would like to sign up if not too late please, my charity is the Percy Hedley Foundation which helps disabled youngsters in Newcastle.  Alias is, umm RossMc!
    Posted by RossMc
    Great to have you on board Ross! Could you send me a msg on here, or Skype me with your full name and email address please?

Competitors can join until the end of January!

Great charity btw, best of luck for 2015! Welcome aboard!

Cheers

Graham

My Skype id is:

graham_paul_carter
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : Great to have you on board Ross! Could you send me a msg on here, or Skype me with your full name and email address please? Competitors can join until the end of January! Great charity btw, best of luck for 2015! Welcome aboard! Cheers Graham My Skype id is: graham_paul_carter
    Posted by StayOrGo
    PM sent and thank you.
  • edited January 2015
    Just realised I didn't post a link to my charity.

Here it is:

http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/gloucester-house

They helped my brother "Tim" when family couldn't.

Unfortunately his is a story that didn't end well. Which is all the more reason why places like this must get the funding they need!

Thank you for the overwhelming support we have received for this initiative. It's truly humbling.

Sincerely,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    do i get any points for recomending new competitors think i should lol?
  • edited January 2015
    do i get any points for recomending new competitors think i should lol?
    Posted by rspca12
    Not in this game my friend! Nice try!
  • edited January 2015
    sigh cant blame me for trying, 2nd in 50 bounty with nine left so there might be anorther 10 pound.
  • edited January 2015
    sigh cant blame me for trying, 2nd in 50 bounty with nine left so there might be anorther 10 pound.
    Posted by rspca12
    Good luck Sir! I'll rail you if you get to Final Table!
  • edited January 2015
    £1,300 pledged so far and now 13 competitors, see "Competitor" spreadsheet below:

Who's going to help us get off unlucky 13?

Please note. Points change for Main/Mini/BH competition.

Now 10 points for Main Event win, 7pts for Mini win and 2pts for £55 BH win.

Cheers Graham

COMPETITORSPREADSHEET

DATE ENTEREDNAMESKY ALIASCHARITYPLEDGE AMOUNTMAIN WINSMINI WINS£55 BH WINSM/E CUP PTSADD. DON.
    30/12/2014Matt BatesMattBatesSTEP UP£50.000000£0.00
    30/12/2014Ben NuttallNutter5932CANCER RESEARCH UK£50.000000£0.00
    30/12/2014Ryan SpittlesScotty77NUFFIELD ORTHOPEDIC CENTRE £50.000012£10.00
    30/12/2014Graham CarterStayOrGoSALVATION ARMY£50.000000£0.00
    31/12/2014Tommy DyerTommyDCENTREPOINT£50.000000£0.00
    01/01/2015Natalie BromleyBromley23BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION£50.000000£0.00
    01/01/2015Adam BromleyBromley04RSPCA£50.000000£0.00
    02/01/2015Paul GarnerSoLackST MICHAEL'S HOSPICE£50.000000£0.00
    04/01/2015David WatkinWacko90MS TRUST£50.000000£0.00
    04/01/2015Conor GilmorebearlytherMARIE CURIE CANCER CARE£50.000012£10.00
    04/01/2015Roger ArthursjawzindawzPROSTRATE CANCER UK£50.000000£0.00
    04/01/2015Chris Cunlifferspca12GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND£50.000000£0.00
    06/01/2015Ross McConnellRossMcPERCY HEDLEYTFOUNDATION£50.000000£0.00

TOTAL PLEDGED BY COMPETITORS£650.00

TOTAL SPONSORED£630.00

DONATION FOR TOURNAMENT WINS£20.00

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL£1,300.00

• edited January 2015
    Just because I'm stupid....can I just check we're going off profits via sharkscope and the main/mini/2x £55 bh's are a side bet?  Happy to eb a part of all of it either way!
  • edited January 2015
    http://www.percyhedley.org.uk/

Sorry for double post, above is a link to my chosen charity and the many branches of its work which fall under the umbrella of the charity.
  • edited January 2015
    Just because I'm stupid....can I just check we're going off profits via sharkscope and the main/mini/2x £55 bh's are a side bet?  Happy to eb a part of all of it either way!
    Posted by RossMc
    Not stupid Ross, stupid would be not knowing and not asking. Always good to clarify. And yes, your assumptions are correct.

For further clarification, the prize pool for the main TLB2015 competition comes from the £50 pledges of the Competitors plus sponsor money assigned to "winners" charities.

The prize pool for the "Tournament Wins" side event comes from the £10 donations made when a competitor wins a Main, Mini or £55 BH.

So they are completely separate to each other. I hope this clears up any confusion, however if you are still unsure about anything, let me know.

Cheers Graham

• edited January 2015
    Well. I am playing utter garbage.  I shall be rooted to the bottom of the leaderboard and have a mountain to climb already!! As the only female competitor, I feel a responsibiity to sort myself out! So.  Team talk being carried out.  Cup of tea and a chocolate digestive.  Then we are back on it! B
    Posted by Bromley023
    Come on Mrs B

+VE thoughts +VE thoughts +VE thoughts

you WILL CRUSH tonight
  • edited January 2015
    Tournament Leader Board Update (End of Day 06/01/13 USA ET)

TLB2015STANDINGSCOB 06/01/2015

POSITIONNAMESKY IDPROFITOVERALL POS
    1stRyan SpittlesScotty77$2,481.008th
    2ndAdam BromleyBromley04$1,831.0012th
    3rdConnor Gilmorebearlyther$1,716.0014th
    4thTommy DyerTommyD$1,429.0019th
    5thChris Cunlifferspca12$1,070.0022nd
    6thBen NuttallNutter5932$655.0028th
    7thPaul GarnerSolack$606.0029th
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : Come on Mrs B +VE thoughts +VE thoughts +VE thoughts you WILL CRUSH tonight
    Posted by Phantom66
    Fear not my friend.

I have had a word with myself and I am back in the game!

Won't let you down captain.
  • edited January 2015
    Tournament Leader Board Update (End of Day 06/01/13 USA ET)   TLB2015 STANDINGS COB 06/01/2015 POSITION NAME SKY ID PROFIT OVERALL POS 1st Ryan Spittles Scotty77 $2,481.00 8th 2nd Adam Bromley Bromley04 $1,831.00 12th 3rd Connor Gilmore bearlyther $1,716.00 14th 4th Tommy Dyer TommyD $1,429.00 19th 5th Chris Cunliffe rspca12 $1,070.00 22nd 6th Ben Nuttall Nutter5932 $655.00 28th 7th Paul Garner Solack $606.00 29th
    Posted by StayOrGo
    i AM HATING THE START THAT BROMLEY MALE HAS MADE!!!!! 

That is all 

B