You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!)

Comments

• edited January 2015

I'm not really sure how this works, but I'd like to 'sponsor' Bromley (m) as he is playing for my favourite charity. 

In for the full £50. 

GL all. 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    I'm not really sure how this works, but I'd like to 'sponsor' Bromley (m) as he is playing for my favourite charity.  In for the full £50.  GL all. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Great thanks Doh!

Really appreciate it, I'm sure Adam does too! That's £50 to the RSPCA regardless of the result. I will update the spreadsheet accordingly. I will post the updated spreadsheet again, just before the live show on Sunday!

Thanks again, have a great 2015! We are hoping Sky will provide some sort of a prize for those that sponsor the winning player. So if Adam won, you would qualify for that prize. Hopes this makes sense. It's still a bit fluid until we finalise details. 

All the best!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    TOMMY TOPS THE LEADERBOARD!

If ever I underestimated the challenge ahead, I only have to look at day1 of 2015 to see how good these guys are!

I was knocked out of the £55 Speed B/H by nemesis Matt Bates and to top it all TommyD finished 2nd in the first Main Event of 2015!

Outstanding Tommy!

The gauntlet has been laid!

Best not to talk about my results! :=(
  • edited January 2015
    Hi,

Nice thread happy to be involved and Tommy has got off to a flier ! 

My charity will be cancer research uk purely because that awful disease has directly affected my family on multiple occasions and I'm sure many on this forum. 

All good causes regardless and happy to help anyone of them should I lose ! 

• edited January 2015
    I'll join the prop bet now that the Bromleys's have softened rhe field ;)

Paul Garner - My charity is St. Nichael's Hospice.  It is a local charity to me which provides care for people with life-limiting illnesses.

http://www.stmichaelshospice.org.uk/?gclid=CPCc5MS09cICFW3MtAodFUgAAQ
  • edited January 2015
    I will not be in, as im going travelling for 3 months this year, but I will donate 50 to each of the top 3 charitys.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    I will not be in, as im going travelling for 3 months this year, but I will donate 50 to each of the top 3 charitys.
    Posted by gandy83
    That's very generous of you Gandy! Just for clarification is that £150 total (£50 to each of top 3) or £50 split between top three.

Thanks again, GL at the tables, and enjoy your travels!

All the best

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Hi, Nice thread happy to be involved and Tommy has got off to a flier !  My charity will be cancer research uk purely because that awful disease has directly affected my family on multiple occasions and I'm sure many on this forum.  All good causes regardless and happy to help anyone of them should I lose ! 
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Great charity Ben! Glad to have you on board mate!

All the best!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    I'll join the prop bet now that the Bromleys's have softened rhe field ;) Paul Garner - My charity is St. Nichael's Hospice.  It is a local charity to me which provides care for people with life-limiting illnesses. http://www.stmichaelshospice.org.uk/?gclid=CPCc5MS09cICFW3MtAodFUgAAQ
    Posted by SoLack
    Great stuff Solack! Have a great 2015. So glad you joined the challenge!

All the best,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : That's very generous of you Gandy! Just for clarification is that £150 total (£50 to each of top 3) or £50 split between top three. Thanks again, GL at the tables, and enjoy your travels! All the best Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    150 total - 50 to top 30 each
  • edited January 2015
    Put me down for £50 for the winners charity, cheers.
  • edited January 2015
    Put me down for £50 for the winners charity, cheers.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Very kind of you. Thank you sir! Have a great 2015!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : 150 total - 50 to top 30 each
    Posted by gandy83
    WOW, that is fantastic. Thx mate!
  • edited January 2015
    Oh my word! Day 1 of challenge!

Result of the Last Night's £55 BH (£3K G)

First:       Ryan Spittles
    Second:   Tommy D
    Third:      BRAHEER
    Forth:      Matt Bates

Are these guys good or what! Congrats guys, great start!
  • edited January 2015
    Oh my word! Day 1 of challenge! Result of the Last Night's £55 BH (£3K G) First:        Ryan Spittles Second:   Tommy D Third:      BRAHEER Forth:      Matt Bates Are these guys good or what! Congrats guys, great start!
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Opps, sorry BRAHEER was 2nd TommyD 3rd!
  • edited January 2015
    Question for TK, or anyone who can answer.

In order to promote this charity TLB2015 initiative. Would it be possible  for this thread to remain towards the top and highlighted? Similar to the way "The tournaments results" and "UKPC" threads are for example?

Not sure who would have to do this? Or how? But would be great if we could do it.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    I'm not really sure how this works, but I'd like to 'sponsor' Bromley (m) as he is playing for my favourite charity.  In for the full £50.  GL all. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Doh - very kind of you mate.  I will do my best!!
  • edited January 2015
    I'll sponser you £20 Graham :)
  • edited January 2015
    I'll sponser you £20 Graham :)
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Thanks Danny! Very kind mate!
  • edited January 2015
    Friend of mine (non poker player, Stuart Bensley) 

Sponsored me for £20 to go to Salvation Army!

Thanks Stu!
  • edited January 2015
    i will do something differant if i make top 30 i will give £100 least i know i be good for the money that way,it's a long shot as i make too many stupid errors but be added motivation 
  • edited January 2015
    i will do something differant if i make top 30 i will give £100 least i know i be good for the money that way,it's a long shot as i make too many stupid errors but be added motivation 
    Posted by ALLEYKITTY
    OK m8. GL! I will not record this on the spreadsheet as it is "Conditional"

But hope you make the top 30. All the best!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Just in case there is anyone out there who still thinks Poker is just "Luck"

Matt Bates and Ryan Spittles have again made the Final Table of the £55 BH

(Playing now, why not watch Ryan going for the "Double" after yesterday's win!)

For me, slightly better than yesterday, a modest $300 up on the day! :=) (Tortoise and the Hare springs to mind :=)) 

GL to the guys on Ryan and Matt's Final Table, you may need it! :=) 
  • edited January 2015
    OVER £900 PLEDGED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Updated "Competitor" spreadsheet below! Lets see if we can get to £1,000 by the end of the weekend!

COMPETITORS, please get friends and family to sponsor you if you can!

COMPETITORSPREADSHEET

DATE ENTEREDCOMPETITOR NAMECOMPETITOR SKY ALIASCHARITYPLEDGE AMOUNT
    30/12/2014Matt BatesMattBatesTBD£50.00
    30/12/2014Ben NuttallNutter5932CANCER RESEARCH UK£50.00
    30/12/2014Ryan SpittlesScotty77NUFFIELD ORTHOPEDIC CENTRE £50.00
    30/12/2014Graham CarterStayOrGoSALVATION ARMY£50.00
    31/12/2014Tommy DTommyDCENTREPOINT£50.00
    01/01/2015Natalie BromleyBromley23BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION£50.00
    01/01/2015Adam BromleyBromley04RSPCA£50.00
    02/01/2015Paul GarnerSoLackST MICHAEL'S HOSPICE£50.00

TOTAL PLEDGED BY COMPETITORS£400.00

TOTAL SPONSORED£505.00

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL£905.00
  • edited January 2015
    OVER £900 PLEDGED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Updated "Sponsor" spreadsheet below! Lets see if we can get to £1,000 by the end of the weekend!

SPONSORS, please support if you if you can! TY TY!

SPONSORSPREADSHEET

DATESPONSOR NAME (IF KNOWN)SKY ALIASDONATION AMOUNTCOMPETITOR CHOICECHARITYDONATION FORMAT
    30/12/2014LARSON7LARSON7£20.00GRAHAM CARTERSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    30/12/2014Joesman1Joesman1£50.00NO SELECTIONWINNERS (50%/30%/20%)WINNERS (1,2,3)
    30/12/2014OmmOmm£25.00NO SELECTIONWINNERS (50%/30%/20%)WINNERS (1,2,3)
    01/01/2015Shirley ColeN/A£20.00GRAHAM CARTERSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    01/01/2015Tony KendallTikay10£50.00TBDTBDTBD
    01/01/2015Gary CarterLimp2Lose£50.00GRAHAM CARTERSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    01/01/2015DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH£50.00ADAM BROMLEYRSPCASPECIFIC CHARITY
    02/01/2015gandy83gandy83£150.00NO SELECTIONEQUAL SPLIT TOP 3WINNERS (1,2,3)
    02/01/2015hhyftrftdrhhyftrtfdr£50.00NO SELECTIONWINNERS (50%/30%/20%)WINNERS (1,2,3)
    02/01/2015Danny GroganFeelGroggy£20.00GRAHAM CARTERSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    02/01/2015Stuart BensleyN/A£20.00GRAHAM CARTERSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY

TOTAL SPONSORED TO DATE
    £505.00

TOTAL COMPETITOR PLEDGES
    £400.00

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL
    £905.00

• edited January 2015

Graham,

I'm starting to make sense of all this now.

My £50 donation is purely for Charity, please, rather than part of it to a competitor.

If I am obliged to nominate a competitor, I nominate you, as you are making all this effort. You can decide which Charity my donation goes to.

Please send me a PM with your Bank Details, & I'll do a Bank TX immediately. alternatively, if you plan to come along to DTD for the UKPC, I'll pay you in pound notes there. 

I retweeted your Tweet this morning, I have aboiut 3,500 Followers, I also added Neil Channing (12,500 Followers) & Thewy (3,500 Followers) to the re-tweet, so the word has now been spread to lots of people.

Good luck with this
  • edited January 2015
    Graham, I'm starting to make sense of all this now. My £50 donation is purely for Charity, please, rather than part of it to a competitor. If I am obliged to nominate a competitor, I nominate you, as you are making all this effort. You can decide which Charity my donation goes to. Please send me a PM with your Bank Details, & I'll do a Bank TX immediately. alternatively, if you plan to come along to DTD for the UKPC, I'll pay you in pound notes there.  I retweeted your Tweet this morning, I have aboiut 3,500 Followers, I also added Neil Channing (12,500 Followers) & Thewy (3,500 Followers) to the re-tweet, so the word has now been spread to lots of people. Good luck with this . 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thx for spreading the word TK!

For clarification. ALL Sponsor Money and Competitor Money raised goes to charity.

To enable Sponsors to have as much freedom as possible as to where their money goes. They have five choices. (This sounds complicated, but it really is not.) Changed from 4 options, to 5 to cater for Gandy's donation.

Choice 1 (WINNER'S CHARITIES)
    With this choice the sponsor money is effectively added to the "Competitor Prize Pool." The net result is that 50% of the donation goes to the TLB2015 winners charity, 30% to the 2nd place's charity and 20% to 3rd place's charity.

Choice 2 (SPECIFIC  COMPETITORS'S CHARITY)
    100% of the donation goes to the charity of the competitor being sponsored regardless of TLB2015 result

Choice 3 (FIFTY/FIFTY)
    50% of the donation goes to the charity of the competitor being sponsored and 50% goes to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Winner's charities, split up as in choice one.

Choice 4 (WINNERS EQUAL SPLIT)
    The donation is equally split between charities of the the top 3 competitors on the TLB2015 leader board  (This option added to accommodate Gandy's donation)

Choice 5 (ALL CHARITIES)
    Sponsor money is split equally between all the charities of those taking part, regardless of result.

So TK, if you want to support everyone equally you could select option 5 for example.

Regarding the collecting of monies, as no donations will be made until the result is know in 2016, we will not collect money until then. How we will facilitate this, will be communicated nearer the time. Many thanks again for all the support received!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015

Ahh, gotcha Graham, thank you.

I'll go for Option 5 then, please.
  • edited January 2015

Nar~then Graham can I add £10 to the pot (winners) my poker allowance for the week lol. All good causes so no probs whoever wins and whoever wins will deserve the plaudits and the charity of their choice benefiting from the cash. Good luck all who take part.

• edited January 2015
    Nar~then Graham can I add £10 to the pot (winners) my poker allowance for the week lol. All good causes so no probs whoever wins and whoever wins will deserve the plaudits and the charity of their choice benefiting from the cash. Good luck all who take part.
    Posted by a00rock
    That's great, thanks a00rock. Much appreciated! Your donation with go to the winner's charities (Split 50%/30%/20%) between the top three finishers.

Thanks again, very kind of you

Good luck for 2015!

Cheers Graham