You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!)

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
It's a very decent charity Graham! i'll sponsor you for £20.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    UPDATED 31/12/2015 (Problem updating spreadsheets on OP, please see post dated 31/12/15 instead)

Latest standings below: £4,376 raised so far! Thanks for all the support!

Well it's December and that means we are into the last month of the TLB Charity challenge! It's all to play for in both the "TLB" and the "Tournament Wins" comps.

Gareth has a decent lead in the TLB, but there's still Xmas UKOPS, could someone from the chasing pack still spring a surprise?

In the Tournament Wins comp, just one point separates Chris Cunliffe and Matt Bates and this looks to be between the two. 3rd and 4th place however is still up for grabs and could be worth some decent money for the charities involved.

We are now starting to collect sponsorship payments. Details can be found here:

If possible it would be much appreciated if payments could be made by the end of the year.

We finished with a total of 18 competitors, each donating £50 to the charity prize pool. The pay outs for the Primary Tournament Leader Board competition will be split between the top 4 charities:

First:      40%
    Second:  30%
    Third:     20%
    Fourth:   10%.

In addition to the £50 per competitor, money sponsored that is pledged for the prize pool will go into this prize pool only (ie. not the "Tournament Wins" prize pool.) Also any other monies raised (UKPC initiative for example), will also be allocated to this prize pool unless specified otherwise.

The winner of the Tournament Leader Board challenge (most profit made from scheduled tournaments in 2015) will receive a cup. The name of this cup will be "The Tim Carter TLB Cup"

Moving on to the Secondary competition.

This is a "Tournament Wins" competition, and points are awarded to players who win a major tournament. The points allocation is as follows:

Main Event Win: 10pts
    Mini Event Win:    7pts
    £55BH Win:         2pts (including £55 Speed BH)

For UKOPS the same point system applies. For clarification, any £55 UKOPS BH side events, will also be worth 2 points, although £55 side events, that are not Bounty Hunters carry no points.

In the event of a tie on points, the person who won the most Main Events will win, if this is tied then it goes to the person who has won the most Mini's. If everything is tied then the prize money is split equally.

For each event won, the competitor donates £10, that goes to a prize pool specifically for this competition.

This prize pool will be split between the charities of the top 4 point scorers, as follows: (same split as TLB)

First:      40%
    Second:  30%
    Third:     20%
    Fourth:   10%.

The winner of this "side" competition will receive a shield. The name of this shield will be "The Tournament Wins Charity Shield". Also if you don't play enough to be involved in the leader board, why not sponsor one of us for an amount of your choice. There are a number of ways you can sponsor us. It can go to a specific charity or be added to the prize pool fund, the choice is yours.

Registration for competitors is now closed, however we hope that sponsorship will continue throughout the year. Thanks everyone for all the support received.

Good luck at the tables!

Graham (StayOrGo)

Please find updated spreadsheets below:

TOURNAMENTLEADERBOARD STANDINGS201507/12/2015

POSNAMESKY IDCHARITYPROFITOVERALL POS
    1stGareth SmithGsmith13MS Research$60,877.001st
    2ndMatt BatesMattBatesStep Up$51,324.002nd
    3rdGraham CarterStayOrGoSalvation Army$48,234.003rd
    4thDavid WatkinWacko90MS Trust$36,410.005th
    5thChris Cunlifferspca12Guide Dogs for Blind$36,280.006th
    6thAndy YoungchicknMeltMind in Cambs$32,148.008th
    7thConor GilmorebearlytherMarie Curie Cancer Care$30,324.009th
    8thBen NuttallNutter5932Cancer Research UK$17,953.0017th
    9thGary CarterLimp2LoseThe Samaritans$17,340.0018th
    10thRoger ArthursjawzindawsProstrate Cancer UK$16,237.0023rd

*COMBINEDPROFIT OFPLAYERS ABOVE$347,127.00*

<td height="17" align="center" style="border-image:none;bo

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    It's a very decent charity Graham! i'll sponsor you for £20.
    Posted by LARSON7[/QUOTE

That's very kind of you LARSON! Many thanks!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) :
    It's a very decent charity Graham! i'll sponsor you for £20. Posted by LARSON7[/QUOTE That's very kind of you LARSON! Many thanks!
    Posted by StayOrGo
    TK/Ryan, to encourage people to sponsor a player, perhaps Sky could offer a tournament ticket for those people who correctly sponsor the winner.

Would be great if Sky could get involved with this. We could make a real difference to the cause of the various charities.

Happy New Year all!

Cheers Graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for organising this.

I'll reply tomorrow when I'm a lot less tired :)
  • edited December 2014
    Be fun... I'll not enter, but instead just match the winners £50 for their chosen charity.

Gl all
  • edited December 2014
    Be fun... I'll not enter, but instead just match the winners £50 for their chosen charity. Gl all
    Posted by joesman1
    That is very decent of you indeed Sir. Really appreciate your support of this!

Thanks Joesman!
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for organising this. I'll reply tomorrow when I'm a lot less tired :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Ryan, I thought perhaps if Sky could offer a FreeRoll in January 2016 for those that sponsor the winner. Then the individual can specify if they want the donation to go to the winners charity, or the charity of the person they are sponsoring. If they pick the winner they still make the donation, but are rewarded by the FreeRoll ticket.

This way, all charities will benefit, but the winner's one more so. What do you think? Also, can I suggest, that whoever wins out of us, also donates the £50 to our own charity (I'm sure we would have anyway)

Also, would/could Sky match any donations? (I will be paying plenty of extra rake to put in the volume to try and win, plus others probably will too :=))

I've got to practice multi-tabling, currently, two is my max on Sky! :=) Going to try and get it to 4!

All the best, and Happy New Year!

Cheers Graham!
  • ommomm
    edited December 2014
    Great idea Graham, hope you get a few more of the regulars joining you. I'll pop £25 towards the winners charity, just remind me when I need to donate it. 
  • edited December 2014
    Great idea Graham, hope you get a few more of the regulars joining you. I'll pop £25 towards the winners charity, just remind me when I need to donate it. 
    Posted by omm
    Thanks Omm, very kind of you! I will give you a prompt in January 2016! Not sure how we will collect all the donations, ie. we could create a central Bank Account for it, and then divide it up to the various charities in 2016, when we know the result.

Or perhaps a better way would be to post the links of the charities to the Forum and people can each make the donation themselves via a web link.

We have a year to figure it out anyway. Thanks again! Happy New Year!

Graham
  • edited December 2014
    4th in UKOPS M/E tonight. Too early to count for TLB 2015 though! :=)
  • edited December 2014
    Well done, good warm up for the New Year:)
  • edited December 2014
    Count me in for the prop bet.

My chosen charity is Centerpoint.

Best of luck all.
  • edited December 2014
    Great charities guys and great idea!
    I reckon you lot could be worth doing £50 every month though...! hehe
    :P

GL!
  • edited December 2014
    I've had a think and decided to go for an organisation that I've been directly impacted by.

When I was a kid, I had a hip problem.  Had to have a few operations at 11/12 and more when I was 20/21.  Anyway they looked after me so well at the Nuffield Orthopedic Centre and have changed my life (a few years ago I could barely walk around the house as the pain was too great).  It is one of the best in the world in treating these specific problems, and they help many children from other countries too with rare conditions that simply can't be helped in their home nations.

Also throughout the year whenever I have a decent bink, I'll make sure that they see a piece of it.

I'm unsure about my possibilites for the leaderboard tho, as I don't put in the MTT volume that some of you guys do, however I will add in a couple of extra tournies to my schedule when I do play.

With regards to Sky adding some money, I know that it's always tricky for logistical reasons.  I will forward this thread tho and suggest a couple of tournament tickets that maybe the winners could donate the value to their chosen charity?  As Graham said, plenty of time to work things out.

Cheers
  • edited December 2014
    Count me in for the prop bet. My chosen charity is Centerpoint. Best of luck all.
    Posted by TommyD
    Good to have you on board Tommy, great charity too! Best of luck mate!

Cheers Graham
  • edited December 2014
    I've had a think and decided to go for an organisation that I've been directly impacted by. When I was a kid, I had a hip problem.  Had to have a few operations at 11/12 and more when I was 20/21.  Anyway they looked after me so well at the Nuffield Orthopedic Centre and have changed my life (a few years ago I could barely walk around the house as the pain was too great).  It is one of the best in the world in treating these specific problems, and they help many children from other countries too with rare conditions that simply can't be helped in their home nations. Also throughout the year whenever I have a decent bink, I'll make sure that they see a piece of it. http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/charity/ I'm unsure about my possibilites for the leaderboard tho, as I don't put in the MTT volume that some of you guys do, however I will add in a couple of extra tournies to my schedule when I do play. With regards to Sky adding some money, I know that it's always tricky for logistical reasons.  I will forward this thread tho and suggest a couple of tournament tickets that maybe the winners could donate the value to their chosen charity?  As Graham said, plenty of time to work things out. Cheers
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Ryan, thanks for sharing this with us. It's clearly a charity close to your heart!

So glad things worked out for you and it's great that you give a bit back to those that helped you!

I wish you all the best for 2015 mate. I know you may not be able to put in the volume, but I'm sure you'll get a great ROI% for the tourney's you do enter, so still a good chance that you could take it down I reckon!

Obviously it would be great if Sky could support this, but I understand logistics can be difficult.

Happy New Year!

Graham
  • edited December 2014
    Great charities guys and great idea! I reckon you lot could be worth doing £50 every month though...! hehe :P GL!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks Mrs Duck!
  • edited December 2014
    HI GUYS< My Dad's just come up with a good suggestion.

When  someone sponsors a player, they can have four choices of where their donation goes.

1) The winner's charity.

2) The charity of the person they are sponsoring.

3) Split 50/50 between winners and person they are sponsoring's charity.

4) Split between all the charities of the players involved.

People who sponsor, still specify who they think will win, in the hope that a free roll tournament can be created for those who successfully pick the winning player.

Many thanks for all your support, and thanks Dad for this suggestion!

Graham
  • edited December 2014
    Guys! FYI, TLB2014

If anyone knows how to contact any of this years leading contenders, please give them a nudge, it would be great to get them involved.

Cheers, Graham

Filter: SCHEDULED Year2014
    RankingPlayerCountry Network Profit
    1 DivsDreams  SkyPoker $51,011
    2 MattBates  SkyPoker $47,682
    3 jawzindawz  SkyPoker $40,082
    4 jordz16  SkyPoker $34,261
    5 DEKKER5207  SkyPoker $31,508
    6 chabba  SkyPoker $30,042
    7 StayOrGo  SkyPoker $23,995
    8 gazzaluf05  SkyPoker $23,900
    9 IH8PALACE  SkyPoker $23,816
    10 bearlyther  SkyPoker $22,796
    11 neenio  SkyPoker $22,270
    12 CMoorman  SkyPoker $21,604
    13 nagrom  SkyPoker $20,771
    14 Hammmmers  SkyPoker $20,567
    15 cjy  SkyPoker $20,194
    16 PhilAny2_Q  SkyPoker $19,634
    17 chrisdboy  SkyPoker $19,510
    18 TommyD  SkyPoker $19,398
    19 BIGSHANN  SkyPoker $19,097
    20 gazza127  SkyPoker $18,666
    21 Wacko90  SkyPoker $18,569
    22 goodylad21  SkyPoker $18,234
    23 Grace08  SkyPoker $18,026
    24 Granite89  SkyPoker $17,868
    25 liamboi11  SkyPoker $17,393
  • edited December 2014
    I'll give number 12 a text.
  • edited December 2014
    I'll give number 12 a text.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    While you are at it can you remind him about the 220 at 220?
  • edited December 2014
    PS I will sponsor someone. Just waiting for full declarations as I'll do it based on charity choice rather than win expectations.
  • edited December 2014
    Be fun... I'll not enter, but instead just match the winners £50 for their chosen charity. Gl all
    Posted by joesman1
    Just saw your win in UKOPS on the Sky Poker Channel (Replay). Congratulations mate! Great stuff!
  • edited December 2014
    Evening all

The Bromleys are both willing and very enthusiastic volunteers to enter the Prop Bet Challenge as competitors.  Hopefully our participation will bring not only competition to the overall leaderboard (we are coming after you Bates!), but also some healthy in-house competition between us!  Those who know us know how much we like to go after each other!

Details are:

Natalie (Bromley023)

British Heart Foundation
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/

Adam (Bromley04)

RSPCA
    http://www.rspca.org.uk/home

See you at the felt!!

Bromleys (generic)

• edited December 2014
    Evening all The Bromleys are both willing and very enthusiastic volunteers to enter the Prop Bet Challenge as competitors.  Hopefully our participation will bring not only competition to the overall leaderboard (we are coming after you Bates!), but also some healthy in-house competition between us!  Those who know us know how much we like to go after each other! Details are: Natalie (Bromley023) British Heart Foundation https://www.bhf.org.uk/ Adam (Bromley04) RSPCA http://www.rspca.org.uk/home See you at the felt!! Bromleys (generic)
    Posted by Bromley023
    GREAT! Really glad you guys are in it! Looking forward to what is clearly going to be a very competitive challenge in 2015!

Hope you both have a great year!

Thanks again for supporting this, the level of support has been quite overwhelming!

Please spread the word to your poker friends to sponsor you!

All the best, Graham.
  • edited January 2015
    A friend of mine, Shirley Cole has sponsored me for £20 (To go to The Salvation Army Charity). She doesn't have a Sky ID, so posting this for her! Many thanks Shirley! Happy 2015!
  • edited January 2015

Hi Graham,

Sorry I never read this, & replied, sooner.

Put me down for £50, please.

Have not decided "how" to donate yet, or to what Charity, but I'm deffo going to contribute £50.

Good luck all.

• edited January 2015
    Hi Graham, Sorry I never read this, & replied, sooner. Put me down for £50, please. Have not decided "how" to donate yet, or to what Charity, but I'm deffo going to contribute £50.   Good luck all.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK, that's great! A brief summary of where we are at is below:

After just two days of starting this more than £500 has been pledged!

So far we have 7 "Competitors", listed below:

COMPETITOR                            CHARITY
         ========                           ======

Graham Carter (StayOrGo)         Salvation Army
    Matt Bates (Matt Bates)                      TBD
    Ryan Spittles (Scotty77)        Nuffield Orhopedic Centre          
    TommyD (TommyD)                      Centrepont           
    Ben Nuttall (Nutter5932)                    TBD     
    Natalie Bromley (Bromley023)  British Heart Foundation
    Adam Bromley (Bromley04)               RSPCA

Players can "register" themselves as competitors until the end of January, the split of the "Competitor" prize pool, currently £350, we be allocated to the competitors that make the most money through their tournament play.

At the moment with 7 runners, and potentially more to come, I am thinking of a 50%/30%/20% split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This could be "broadened" to include a 4th place if /> 10 runners by the end of January.

I appreciate that things are a bit "fluid" at the moment, however I do want to give potential "competitors" time to come forward.

At the end of January the prize pool distribution will be finalised and no more "competitors" can come on board.

So, on to the "Sponsors".

"Sponsors", are people who are not in the competition as a "competitor", but sponsor a particular "competitor" to win. They have 4 choices as to what happens with their donation (as people are altruistically donating, I feel it right to give them as much control as to where their money ends up as possible).

The four choices are:

1) Their donation goes to the various 1st/2nd/3rd place winners charities, split 50%/30%/20% as per the "competitors" prize pool.
    2) The full donation goes to the charity of the person they are sponsoring.
    3) Their donation is split 50/50 between, the winners charities and the charity of the person they are sponsoring.
    4) Their donation is split between the charities of all the "competitors" involved

So far in addition to the £350 pledged by the "competitors" an additional £165 has been pledged by "sponsors", so a sincere thank you to all those involved so far. It is my intention to allow sponsors to pick "their competitor" until the end of June 2015.

Please can I now ask for people to spread the word about this, so we can get more "competitors" and "sponsors" on board.

Also, can all "competitors" rally their friends to sponsor them.

Thanks again for all the support I've had with this, it's quite overwhelming. If some form of prize could be offered to sponsors correctly picking the winning player, that would provide a great incentive for people to become sponsors, and I'm sure it would help us raise more money for these worthy causes.

Thanks again for all the support! All the best in 2015!

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    I think Matt Bates is going to win! But as StayOrGo is my Dad, I'd better sponsor him! :=)

£50 to my Dad's charity! The Salvation Army.

GL all!

P.S. Matt Bates, try not to beat him by too much! :=)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys, I have created a spreadsheet of Sponsor donation/selections that have been posted. I will keep this up to date. The "competitor" aspect is easy to keep track of as it is £50 per person (Currently £350) and will be divided 50%/30%/20$ for the top three finishers.

COMPETITORS, please add your charity, if you haven't already done so.  PLEASE get as many friends to sponsor you via this thread as you can. So TWEET IT, FACEBOOK IT, EMAIL IT, PHONE IT, WHATEVER YOU CAN DO TO GET SPONSORSHIP.

We are hoping to have £2,000 pledged by the end of January, and maybe get to £3,000 as more "Sponsors" get involved! BUT we can only do that with the support of friends and family of the Competitors, plus of course the wonderful Sky community who already have been so generous! So far we have been pledged a total of £565.00

Copy of Sponsor spreadsheet below:

DATESPONSOR NAME (IF KNOWN)SKY ALIASDONATION AMOUNTCOMPETITOR CHOICECHARITYDONATION FORMAT
    30/12/2014LARSON7LARSON7£20.00GRAHAMSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    30/12/2014Joesman1Joesman1£50.00NO SELECTIONWINNERS (50%/30%/20%)WINNERS (1,2,3)
    30/12/2014OmmOmm£25.00NO SELECTIONWINNERS (50%/30%/20%)WINNERS (1,2,3)
    01/01/2015Shirley ColeN/A£20.00GRAHAMSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY
    01/01/2015TikayTikay10£50.00TBDTBDTBD
    01/01/2015Gary CarterLimp2Lose£50.00GRAHAMSALVATION ARMYSPECIFIC CHARITY

TOTAL SPONSORED TO DATE
    £215.00

TOTAL COMPETITOR PLEDGES
    £350.00

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL
    £565.00