You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!)

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Il have a crack at the leaderboard too mate. £50 it is although il get back to you later today about the charity as I can't make my mind up. David Watkin :)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    Il have a crack at the leaderboard too mate. £50 it is although il get back to you later today about the charity as I can't make my mind up. David Watkin :)
    Posted by Wacko90
    Brilliant David! Glad to have you on board. GL mate!

If you could get back to me with the charity ASAP, that would be great mate!

As they will hopefully be mentioning the "Competitors" and their "Charities" on the live show tonight!

Thanks again and all the best for 2015! See you on the tables! GL GL
  • edited January 2015
    Competitors!

So we can keep in contact about how sponsorships going etc. Feel free to send me a Skype Contact Request.

Skype ID graham_paul_carter

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    MS trust as my charity please Graham.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!):
    MS trust as my charity please Graham.
    Posted by Wacko90
    Great Charity David, welcome aboard!
  • edited January 2015
    My mum who would like to sponsor me for £50.  Will go down as option one and in the pot for the winner.  Sky alias MummyD.  Probably.
  • edited January 2015
    My mum who would like to sponsor me for £50.  Will go down as option one and in the pot for the winner.  Sky alias MummyD.  Probably.
    Posted by TommyD
    Great stuff, thx Tommy's Mum!

As it's a personal donation from a relative, it's completely fine for it all to go to your charity Tommy (CentrePoint) regardless of the TLB2015 result or it can go into the competitor pool to be split 50/30/20 amongst the top three. Completely your Mum's choice.

Let me know!

Thanks again!
  • edited January 2015
    Or Fifty/Fifty Tommy (half to CentrePoint, half to Competitor Prize Pool)
  • edited January 2015
    Count me in for this aswell please will come back here in a couple of days and post chosen charity once i think it over.

Conor Gilmore
  • edited January 2015
    Count me in for this aswell please will come back here in a couple of days and post chosen charity once i think it over. Conor Gilmore
    Posted by bearlyther
    Great Stuff Conor! So you will be in as a "Competitor" pledging £50 to the charity prize pool?

Many thanks and good luck sir!

Let me know your charity choice when you decide.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Starting to look like some big numbers!

I've decided that I will donate £10 for every tournie that I win on Sky this year; for the last few months I only play the main/mini/UKOPS events but after having a chat with Matt, have now added in the £55BH at 9, £11BH at 9.30, £22BH at 10.15 and the £55 speed BH at 10.30. This should give me a deece chance at the leaderboard plus hopefully lots of wins!  This extra money will be split 50/50 between the winners charity and my own. 

GL today.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : Great Stuff Conor! So you will be in as a "Competitor" pledging £50 to the charity prize pool? Many thanks and good luck sir! Let me know your charity choice when you decide. Cheers Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Yes Graham will be in as a competitor pledging £50 to the charity prize pool.  Had a think over it there and my chosen charity is Marie Curie Cancer Care.  https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 (Charity Prop Bet, Get Involved!) : Yes Graham will be in as a competitor pledging £50 to the charity prize pool.  Had a think over it there and my chosen charity is Marie Curie Cancer Care.   https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/
    Posted by bearlyther
    Great Charity Conor! Many thanks and GL!
  • edited January 2015
    The charity I have chosen is Step Up. It may not be a well known one but it is a very worthy one and some donations could really make a difference.

Step Up, which was launched in 2003, is a support service for families. It was founded by two mums, Anne and Shelley, who are still actively involved in Step Up today. The aim of Step Up is to provide a safe place for parents to come following the trauma of discovering that their child or children have been abused. They offer practical and emotional support in a number of ways. Step Up is a voluntary agency and a registered charity. They are therefore able to link in with the statutory services as well as other voluntary agencies for the benefit of their clients. All support workers and volunteers in Step Up are people who have all suffered and have extensive knowledge and training in trauma. They have all received extensive training in order that we can offer a high class service to the families who contact us for help. 

• edited January 2015
    The charity I have chosen is Step Up. It may not be a well known one but it is a very worthy one and some donations could really make a difference. Step Up, which was launched in 2003, is a support service for families. It was founded by two mums, Anne and Shelley, who are still actively involved in Step Up today. The aim of Step Up is to provide a safe place for parents to come following the trauma of discovering that their child or children have been abused. They offer practical and emotional support in a number of ways. Step Up is a voluntary agency and a registered charity. They are therefore able to link in with the statutory services as well as other voluntary agencies for the benefit of their clients. All support workers and volunteers in Step Up are people who have all suffered and have extensive knowledge and training in trauma. They have all received extensive training in order that we can offer a high class service to the families who contact us for help.   
    Posted by MattBates
    A very worthy charity Matt. Thank you! All the best for 2015. I look forward to the challenge at the tables!

All the best,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Graham, great idea. id like to challenge the very best so count me in. Ill send charity details tomorrow. All the best.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Graham, great idea. id like to challenge the very best so count me in. Ill send charity details tomorrow. All the best.
    Posted by jawzindawz
    Great jawzindawz! Very happy to have you join us.  Can you give me your actual name too mate! Thx for supporting this.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Starting to look like some big numbers! I've decided that I will donate £10 for every tournie that I win on Sky this year; for the last few months I only play the main/mini/UKOPS events but after having a chat with Matt, have now added in the £55BH at 9, £11BH at 9.30, £22BH at 10.15 and the £55 speed BH at 10.30. This should give me a deece chance at the leaderboard plus hopefully lots of wins!  This extra money will be split 50/50 between the winners charity and my own.  GL today.
    Posted by scotty77
    Great idea Ryan!

I will do the same for the following tournaments:

UKOPS Main and Mini
    Daily Main and Mini
    £55 Bounty Hunters

COMPETITORS? Be great if you could sign up to this initiative of Ryan's!

Reply to this if happy to do so. Thanks again Ryan for the suggestion!
  • edited January 2015
    SKY_TLB2015 STANDINGS AS OF COB 03/01/2015

POS      NAME                SKY ID         PROFIT  OVERALL POS
    ===     ====               =====        =====  =========

1st:  Ryan Spittles     (Scotty77)       $1,774  (5th over all)
    2nd: Conor Gilmore   (bearlyther)    $1,158  (9th over all)
    3rd:  Paul Garner       (SoLack)             $826 (12th over all)
    4th:  Tommy D           (TommyD)          $663  (13th over all)
    5th:  Ben Nuttall        (Nutter5932)      $603  (14th over all)
    6th:  Graham Carter  (StayOrGo)          $267  (24th over all)

Congrats all the above on a great start! Amazing, five of you in the top 14 "overall" already!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Competitors, if you are OK with me having your email address (if I don't already). Can you Skype me on

graham_paul_carter

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    hi il go for this please as a competior why not as someone have already chosen rspca l go for guide dogs for the bind. 

• edited January 2015
    hi il go for this please as a competior why not as someone have already chosen rspca l go for guide dogs for the bind.  http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/
    Posted by rspca12
    Great, glad to have you on board rspca12! Can you please provide your full name for the competitor records, and if you could Skype me your email address, that would be great.

Thanks again and good luck!

Graham

Skype id:    graham_paul_carter
  • edited January 2015
    chris cunliffe

p.s top idea by the way locking fwd to see how i match up aginst the best on sky.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys, please find latest Competitor Spreadsheet below. We have two new players on board. Welcome to jawzindawz and rspca12 who have now joined the competition! This makes the total number of competitors 12 at the moment.

Section also added to record main, mini and £55 BH wins. When a competitor wins one of these tournaments he/she will donate £10 (£5 to their own charity and £5 to the competitor prize pool, as per Ryan's suggestion)

Many thanks,

Graham

COMPETITORSPREADSHEET

DATE ENTEREDNAMESKY ALIASCHARITYPLEDGE AMOUNTMAIN WINSMINI WINS£55 BH WINSADD. DON.
    30/12/2014Matt BatesMattBatesSTEP UP£50.00000£0.00
    30/12/2014Ben NuttallNutter5932CANCER RESEARCH UK£50.00000£0.00
    30/12/2014Ryan SpittlesScotty77NUFFIELD ORTHOPEDIC CENTRE £50.00001£10.00
    30/12/2014Graham CarterStayOrGoSALVATION ARMY£50.00000£0.00
    31/12/2014Tommy DTommyDCENTREPOINT£50.00000£0.00
    01/01/2015Natalie BromleyBromley23BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION£50.00000£0.00
    01/01/2015Adam BromleyBromley04RSPCA£50.00000£0.00
    02/01/2015Paul GarnerSoLackST MICHAEL'S HOSPICE£50.00000£0.00
    04/01/2015David WatkinWacko90MS TRUST£50.00000£0.00
    04/01/2015Conor GilmorebearlytherMARIE CURIE CANCER CARE£50.00000£0.00
    04/01/2015jawzindawzjawzindawzTBD£50.00000£0.00
    04/01/2015Chris Cunlifferspca12GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND£50.00000£0.00

TOTAL PLEDGED BY COMPETITORS£600.00

TOTAL SPONSORED£565.00

DONATION FOR TOURNAMENT WINS£10.00

CUMMULATIVE TOTAL£1,175.00

• edited January 2015
    Following on from Ryan's great suggestion about recording wins for main/mini and £55 BH tournaments, I have decided to do the following.

I will donate two trophies for this competition (and pay for engraving.)

The first one will go to the SKY_TLB2015 winner who will keep it for a year (hopefully this will be a yearly thing from now on)

This trophy will be called, "The Tim Carter Sky Poker TLB Cup", in memory of my brother who passed away recently.

The second trophy will go to the player scoring the most points in the major tournaments

They will get 
    Three points for a win in a main event.
    Two points for a win in a mini event.
    One point for a win in a £55 BH.

In the event of a tie on points the one with the most "main event" wins gets the trophy, if they are equal, then the one with the most "mini event" wins. In the event of a complete tie, it goes to the player who finished highest of the TLB.

If any competitor out there wants to name this "Sky Poker Tournament Wins Cup" in memory of somebody special, please let me know. I will name it on a first come, first served basis, although please make sure it is something very close to your heart!

The cups will be kept for one year and then passed on to successive winners.

Many thanks,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Following on from this.

As we are having a "side competition" to see who wins the most Main's, Mini's and £55 BH.

Why don't all the £10's that we donate when we have a major win, go into a prize pool that goes to top three finishers in the "Sky Poker Major Tournament Wins Cup" side event.

It makes sense to me to allocate these monies like this.

Is that OK with you, Ryan, and all.

Also if any "Competitor" does not want to donate £10 when they win a Main, Mini or £55BH, please let me know, otherwise, I will assume you are all OK with it.

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    So I can keep track of "points" and the additional donations for the, "Tournament Wins Cup", please can all competitors post something to this thread when they win a main, a mini or £55BH Tournament (Including the £55 Speed BH.)

Many thanks,

Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Based on family connections to the charity choices, I would like to sponsor Bromley23 and Wacko90.

£10 each for now - if my poker results warrant it, I'll add to that.

GL Natalie and David.
  • edited January 2015
    Based on family connections to the charity choices, I would like to sponsor Bromley23 and Wacko90. £10 each for now - if my poker results warrant it, I'll add to that. GL Natalie and David.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Many thanks Phantom! I'm sure Natalie and David will be  delighted about this donation!

Cheers Graham
  • edited January 2015
    Yes happy to go with that idea and donate £5 to my own charity and £5 to the winners charity for wins in these tournaments.