You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rlt's Diary. First update of 2017

Comments

• edited April 2016
    So i guess theres only one place to start, THAT Vegas package

as most of you aware, i won the first "2nd chance freeroll" that sky put on, and in doing so won a once in a lifetime trip to vegas. and it is exactly that (unless im lucky enough to win another in the future) not once had i ever even thought the tiniest thoughts about taking a holiday to vegas, playing a wsop even, staying in a 5 star hotel, meeting A list celebs like tikay!... to far??? but thanks to this package this is exactly the case. so once again thanks to sky for that. 

Now an overall summary of poker as a whole.. i guess the best words to describe my poker the last couple of months (- the vegas package win)  are: swingy, overconfident, testing, undisciplined. 

twice i have lost a decent chunk of my BR in £1.5/£3 spin up tables. which i shouldnt even be playing. but on the other hand i also had a good night on it and won a decent amount to. 

The dyms had been going very poorly until recently, for a couple of reasons that i am now fully aware off and have started looking up since, only the rakeback system and hitting priority kept my BR at a decent amount

i started getting some poker coaching from a very good player on sky, the coaching has improved my overall poker a massive amount and im very grateful for it. the main improvemnts have definitely been in my mtt game, i feel alot more confident in them now, and while i still havent had that 1 big win, i feel that it is on the horizon.

aswell as losing a decent chunk  i also withdrew a decent amount, my second decent withdrawal in under 4 months. so as i type this my BR is at £348.10  about to start my nightly grind so will post my results here after.

i hope the forum gets involved in my dairy feel free to ask any questions about recent struggles, the vegas package. or just about me in general im generally an open book

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary.:
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary. : Blackpool on acid.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    never been there either :/ 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT. Reviving the Diary. come get involved.:
    So i guess theres only one place to start, THAT Vegas package as most of you aware, i won the first "2nd chance freeroll" that sky put on, and in doing so won a once in a lifetime trip to vegas. and it is exactly that (unless im lucky enough to win another in the future) not once had i ever even thought the tiniest thoughts about taking a holiday to vegas, playing a wsop even, staying in a 5 star hotel, meeting A list celebs like tikay!... to far??? but thanks to this package this is exactly the case. so once again thanks to sky for that.  Now an overall summary of poker as a whole.. i guess the best words to describe my poker the last couple of months (- the vegas package win)  are: swingy, overconfident, testing, undisciplined.  twice i have lost a decent chunk of my BR in £1.5/£3 spin up tables. which i shouldnt even be playing. but on the other hand i also had a good night on it and won a decent amount to.  The dyms had been going very poorly until recently, for a couple of reasons that i am now fully aware off and have started looking up since, only the rakeback system and hitting priority kept my BR at a decent amount i started getting some poker coaching from a very good player on sky, the coaching has improved my overall poker a massive amount and im very grateful for it. the main improvemnts have definitely been in my mtt game, i feel alot more confident in them now, and while i still havent had that 1 big win, i feel that it is on the horizon. aswell as losing a decent chunk  i also withdrew a decent amount, my second decent withdrawal in under 4 months. so as i type this my BR is at £348.10  about to start my nightly grind so will post my results here after. i hope the forum gets involved in my dairy feel free to ask any questions about recent struggles, the vegas package. or just about me in general im generally an open book
    Posted by RLT16
    very well done the best of luck in vegas hope you have a fantastic time and there are a few post/updates during your trip all the best
  • edited April 2016
    So i guess theres only one place to start, THAT Vegas package as most of you aware, i won the first "2nd chance freeroll" that sky put on, and in doing so won a once in a lifetime trip to vegas. and it is exactly that (unless im lucky enough to win another in the future) not once had i ever even thought the tiniest thoughts about taking a holiday to vegas, playing a wsop even, staying in a 5 star hotel, meeting A list celebs like tikay!... to far??? but thanks to this package this is exactly the case. so once again thanks to sky for that.  Now an overall summary of poker as a whole.. i guess the best words to describe my poker the last couple of months (- the vegas package win)  are: swingy, overconfident, testing, undisciplined.  twice i have lost a decent chunk of my BR in £1.5/£3 spin up tables. which i shouldnt even be playing. but on the other hand i also had a good night on it and won a decent amount to.  The dyms had been going very poorly until recently, for a couple of reasons that i am now fully aware off and have started looking up since, only the rakeback system and hitting priority kept my BR at a decent amount i started getting some poker coaching from a very good player on sky, the coaching has improved my overall poker a massive amount and im very grateful for it. the main improvemnts have definitely been in my mtt game, i feel alot more confident in them now, and while i still havent had that 1 big win, i feel that it is on the horizon. aswell as losing a decent chunk  i also withdrew a decent amount, my second decent withdrawal in under 4 months. so as i type this my BR is at £348.10  about to start my nightly grind so will post my results here after. i hope the forum gets involved in my dairy feel free to ask any questions about recent struggles, the vegas package. or just about me in general im generally an open book
    Posted by RLT16
    Erm.... 'haven't had that 1 big win', does winning a holiday to Vegas and entry to a $3K tournament not count as a 'big win'? Well done on winning that and good luck out in Vegas, enjoy it!

Greg.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT. Reviving the Diary. come get involved. : Erm.... 'haven't had that 1 big win', does winning a holiday to Vegas and entry to a $3K tournament not count as a 'big win'? Well done on winning that and good luck out in Vegas, enjoy it! Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    ha i suppose your right, i shouldnt overlook it. :)

• edited April 2016
     £5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMS£33 DYMs£55 DYMsOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played3500000 0 919
    # Cashed2400000 0 Monthly PP
            0 8302
    Profit/loss£47.50£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£47.50£395.60 
  • edited April 2016
    Glad to have you back.

Living the dream with Vegas. GL.
  • edited April 2016
    Good stuff Lee,

Vegas is an amazing place, I visited before I had ever played a hand of poker. 

Really wasn't sure what to expect and felt when we booked that 5 days might be too much, how wrong I was, there are so many things to do, time seems to just fly by......

I can only guess how amazing it will be during the WSOP

As my daughter would say I am 'well jell'  have a great  time and run well.
  • edited April 2016
    A third great day of dyms in a  row for me, and a 3rd cash in the VLV 2nd chance freerolls on top, it really has been a great promo and iv enjoyed every second of it. but probably the best result of the day was the newcastle one. hopefully we can beat palace and villa now and that will be enough to keep us up, if not we'll just have to beat spurs on the last day of the season aswell. easily done :)

anyway here are todays results
    # Played4060000 0 1190
    # Cashed2460000 0 Monthly PP
            0 8573
    Profit/loss£20.00£54.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£87.30£161.30£556.90 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT. Reviving the Diary:
    Good stuff Lee, Vegas is an amazing place, I visited before I had ever played a hand of poker.  Really wasn't sure what to expect and felt when we booked that 5 days might be too much, how wrong I was, there are so many things to do, time seems to just fly by...... I can only guess how amazing it will be during the WSOP As my daughter would say I am 'well jell'  have a great  time and run well.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I've already got lots of things planned, time permitting, My friend whos coming along as my +1 is going to pay for us to do a tour of the grand canyon as a thankyou to me for taking him, i know the package is for poker but for me the grand canyon tour will be the highlight of the trip. he also wants to go to a local shooting range, so figured id tag along to that to. i also want to do the jump of the stratophere, but im not sure what time we have to do stuff like that, as id very much like to do all the stuff sky are putting on to, the show the pubcrawl etc. i guess its something ill look itno in more detail closer to the time

The couple of days after winning were fairly sureal, i had guys popping up on my facebook page who i hadnt spoke to in years asking if i had a +1 and if they could come lol. but also out of the blue i had a guy i used to work with contact me about staking me in some tournaments out there. i saw a post on here from one of the sky team about daily $149 tournaments at the aria i believe it was. and this guy has basically said he will pay for me to play it every day im not playing the little one for one drop, and we'll split the winning straight down the middle. (half of 0 is 0 but he doesnt need to know that). i snapped his hand off at the offer after all ive only played live a maximum of 10 timesand ive never cashed so it wasnt really an offer i could turn down, theres no way id of beenable to afford to play those games otherwise. 

• edited April 2016
    Noooooooooooo, you're not playing the LOFOD?! It's a WSOP event, surely its an aspiration to tick that poker box?

Those daily MTTs at Aria are good, but they get ridiculously busy over the summer. They start at 7pm, reg opens at 5, but unless you get there very close to 5 you'll end up on the alternates list. Last year I wandered over at 6pm to be told I'd be 192 on the alternates list. F that, went back to Blondies and spent the buy in on food and drink instead.

They also go on very late if you do go deep. Played it one evening, obv busted and carried on with the night.....passed through Aria the next morning at 9am and there were still a couple of tables left. Very good money up top, $7k give or take, but I wouldn't fancy playing all night and morning to then bust in 17th for $350 or w/e and basically lose 2 days of your holiday ;) I'd be inclined to put all my variance eggs into the WSOP basket and go for it, if Jac35 can cash then there is hope for us all.

IMO, the best way to generate the $$$ to play tournaments out there is to sit in a cash game in Flamingo/Monte Carlo/Planet Hollywood/Luxor/Excalibur and pray that the deck doesn't slap you in the face. Linq do a $1/$1 cash game as well, cheapest on the Strip I believe.

Oh, and good luck with planning stuff before you arrive, it tends to go out the window. I've still not made it to the Grand Canyon despite going to Sin City 5 times. Maybe next time......
  • edited April 2016

Wait, is it your staking mate saying he isn't playing the Little one for one drop? Bloody hell BLT, use '' and whatnot!

If he's gonna buy you into the Aria everyday (and you still play the WSOP event) then fill your boots and discard the post above ;)

But the points remain valid; get to Aria for 5 or just before to reg to avoid the alternates list. And hammer the cash games at the above hotels inbetween MTTs.

• edited April 2016
    Wait, is it your staking mate saying he isn't playing the Little one for one drop? Bloody hell BLT, use '' and whatnot! If he's gonna buy you into the Aria everyday (and you still play the WSOP event) then fill your boots and discard the post above ;) But the points remain valid; get to Aria for 5 or just before to reg to avoid the alternates list. And hammer the cash games at the above hotels inbetween MTTs.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I read it that the staker will buy him into the daily games on the days that RLT is not playing the LOFOD.

Good luck out there RLT and have fun.
  • edited April 2016
    Great diary read - I might have to steal your way of recording dym games if I start playing volume again in May to try to get to priority for the month :)

Hope you have a blast in Vegas - I've been once before but it was "pre" poker playing days so mainly only did the sightseeing tours.  The Grand Canyon by helipcopter if defo recommended.

Run golden out there!!
  • edited April 2016
    ive had a few people mention about borrowing my results table, anyone wanting to use it i can send u the file set up with the functions set up, all you need to do is enter the amount of games u played and won into it and works all ur winnings out for you.

if you want it, pm me and i can send it over. 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT. Reviving the Diary : I read it that the staker will buy him into the daily games on the days that RLT is not playing the LOFOD. Good luck out there RLT and have fun.
    Posted by bbMike
    yeh this is correct
  • edited April 2016
    Great diary read - I might have to steal your way of recording dym games if I start playing volume again in May to try to get to priority for the month :) Hope you have a blast in Vegas - I've been once before but it was "pre" poker playing days so mainly only did the sightseeing tours.  The Grand Canyon by helipcopter if defo recommended. Run golden out there!!
    Posted by IrishRose

An absolute must, we flew in and stopped for a picnic, it was fantastic
  • edited April 2016
    worst dym day in a long time last night.

# Played0830000 0 120
    # Cashed0370000 0 Monthly PP
            0 9403
    Profit/loss£0.00-£173.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00-£173.00£383.90 
  • edited April 2016
    Good to see you put your bad day in there Lee i know you struggled on Sunday its so easy to give up on diarys when things go wrong i have done it myself. Its easy to just sing when your winning!

I don't mean its good you had a bad day just that you wrote it down in your diary.
  • edited April 2016
    only 1 DYM last night, lost as has become the norm at £11 level, p[layed a few 6 max games and done well though and got the weekly bonus to

# Played010000 0 218
    # Cashed000000 0 Monthly PP
            0 9501
    Profit/loss£0.00-£11.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£48.31£37.31£421.21 
  • edited April 2016
    only a small session, but decent results
    # Played0140000 0 385
    # Cashed0100000 0 Monthly PP
            0 9641
    Profit/loss£0.00£46.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£10.00£56.00£477.39 
  • edited April 2016
    So sick to be posting about this, the other day i won £835 on my first spin of a slot machine following an email from sky with a £20 free  bet for spending £20 on slots. well that was where the good form endedm, well actually thats no true, at one point id managed to turn that 835, into close on £1.5k on blackjack, but then embarassing as it is to say, i went completely degen, at one point i was playing £80 hands of blackjack, 3 at a time, the good luck, and thats all it was couldnt last, im not a blackjack expert, of got good maths which would stand me well but no indepth knowledge of the game. an hour or 2 later, and it was nearly all gone, luckily i withdrew some at start so managed to still be up £100 through it all but to go into meltdown like that shouldnt of happened, and will never happen again, ive made sure of that.

not to the poker, tbh ive not played alot the last day or two, and i hadnt tracked very well as i was to busy degening, so ill just jump in from todays results.
    # Played4400000 0 897
    # Cashed2300000 0 Monthly PP
            0 10180
    Profit/loss-£12.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£37.44£25.44£565.44 
  • edited May 2016
     £3.30 DYMs£5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMS£33 DYMs£55 DYMsOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played02900000 0 1042
    # Cashed01100000 0 Monthly PP
             0 0
    Profit/loss£0.00-£49.50£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£19.00-£30.50£534.94 
  • edited May 2016
     £3.30 DYMs£5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMSOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played063000 0 35
    # Cashed036000 0 Monthly PP
           0 321
    Profit/loss£0.00£13.50£0.00£0.00£0.00£99.33£112.83£647.77 
  • edited May 2016
    Another shocking DYM day, went and played some high stakes HU and some of the £40 buy in spin ups. that went well
    # Played039000 0 869
    # Cashed016000 0 Monthly PP
           0 1155
    Profit/loss£0.00-£54.50£0.00£0.00£0.00£277.06£222.56£870.33 
  • edited May 2016
    Nice haul in the spin ups at least :)
  • edited May 2016
    # Played00000 0 1901
    # Cashed00000 0 Monthly PP
           0 2187
    Profit/loss£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00-£503.25-£503.25£367.08 
    shocking day yesterday got myself tilted, doen some really stupid stuff, need to go back to the basics no rush things get my poker back under control and start again. back to the grind today hopeing for a nice solding breakeven day
  • edited May 2016
    Ouch but respect for posting it some players would hide away from it. Head up thou m8 you will grind it back.
  • edited May 2016
    Ouch but respect for posting it some players would hide away from it. Head up thou m8 you will grind it back.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    finding it hard to believe i will atm, become abit dissallusioned with it all to be honest, barring the Free roll win which is obviously massive, ive had an absolutely awful year which ive continuenly tried to put down to varience but quite obviously its more than that. just cant see where its coming from, had some coaching from alvex, talk through some stuff with other dymers and theres a few little things here and there we disagree on but nothing that explains it. will keep at it, but once its gone its gone. one things for sure though, no more spin ups for me
  • edited May 2016
    Spinups are dangerous. I got carried away with a massive heater then came crashing back down on a cooler.

My graph was literally /\ 

I treat them now as an occasional bit of fun when there are cash point boosts on and have a very strict stop loss in place.

With the blackjack and spinups maybe your head is not in the right place at the moment.

Take a break and set yourself some strict playing rules (game types and buyins) and stick to them.

I imagine the dyms will have been tougher than usual lately with the regs going for the VLV leagues. Ease yourself back into winning ways with fewer tables and lower buy-ins.