You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rlt's Diary. First update of 2017

1111213141517»

Comments

• edited December 2016
    sounds like you had a gr8 Christmas - Gl for nxt year

I,ve dabbled on the spin ups myself when dym,s wern,t running and quite like them but maybe stick to the lower stake ones. They are tempting with the dbl points promo tho esp. if your going for proiority _ Howe often do the £55 games run? 

• edited December 2016
    I couldn't tell you tbh, I generally play most of my games between 11-22's.  I keep an eye out for higher games that aren't ref infested but it's rare :(
  • edited December 2016
    Cool story .

09-65-62

:)
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary. Decembers goals and results:
    Cool story . 09-65-62 06656656 :)
    Posted by mumsie
    I think I'm missing something :/
  • edited January 2017
    First update of the year, 

non poker first i guess, and this year i've kind of been forced upon my new years resolution as my partner has told me that i'm going sky diving for my 30th birthday, to sky dive apparently you need to be below 18st, a year ago id of been well below this but since breaking my elbow, tearing some stuff apart in my upper arm and giving up basically all sport as a result of this i've ballooned up to about 18 1/2st, i am6 ft 6 so i'm probably about a stone and a half over weight, whereas i was probably about a 16st this time a year ago. so i've decided to take up a bit of running as a hobby, my aim is to run a half marathon by July, a full marathon by December and a tough mudder at some point in between the 2. 

At work we started the new year off giving a bit back to the community this week, we got 8 of our employees together with some local residents and spent a good 2 1/2 - 3 hours walking in all the local fields along the main roads through alley ways and through housing estates picking up litter and all sorts of other bits and bobs and disposing off them. i decided it would be good to take my 6 year old daughter out with me while doing this and give her a litter picker to help, talk to her about why its wrong to litter, the impact it has on animals and the environment (without getting too serious she is only 6 after all) i didn't realise she would enjoy it as much as she did climbing through all the bushes looking for empty bottles and crisp packets might sound like a chore for us all but she loved every second. at one stage we found two dog waste bags full but then dumped. she picked them up with the litter picker then looked at me and said "people who drop dog poo shouldn't have dogs" to which i laughed and agreed, but after that every single thing we picked up came with the same sentence "people who drop crisp packets shouldn't be allowed crisps" hilarious, tedious and true all at the same time :)

on to the poker and overall i'm not very happy with my results, or my play after bonuses i've just about made a profit through dyms, and i've made a slight loss through tournaments. but at the same time i've spent a lot of time recently talking to a few people about hands and just looking back at hands by myself and questioning my decisions, this is something i never did before, literally never. whenever i looked back at a hand i couldn't analyse it myself it just always looked like id do the same thing the next time i was in that situation, while this was obviously not right i knew, and still know that there are leaks in my game so there had to be something wrong with the hands i was playing or how i was playing them. I may be jumping the gun here but i think i've finally started to see some leaks and self analyse my hands more critically think over what could happen if i do different things in that spot next time and come to a better outcome . hopefully this can provide a big step to more consistent results and turning a profit before bonuses are even considered. but only time will tell.

anyway essay over, to the results.

Stake£5.50£11£16.50£22£33£55TotalBonusesBalanceweekly points
    # Played1221214400251£17.25 794
    # Cashed69634200138£49.46 monthly points
           0  3294
    Profit/loss£19.00-£71.00£54.00-£8.00£0.00£0.00-£6.00 £846.89 
  • edited January 2017
    Great updates. Best of luck for 2017.

Glad you are properly reviewing and discussing plays with others, it really is the best way to improve imo.

If you do that and maintain the discipline on game types I am sure you will reap the rewards.
  • edited January 2017
    Did a skydive at Honiton a couple of years ago. Was fun.
    Ive been doing free fall again this month, but that's just at poker. Not fun
  • edited January 2017
    Did a skydive at Honiton a couple of years ago. Was fun. Ive been doing free fall again this month, but that's just at poker. Not fun
    Posted by Jac35
    Is that an I am under 18 stone brag?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary. Decembers goals and results : Is that an I am under 18 stone brag?
    Posted by Phantom66

It's a flip.
  • edited January 2017
    " i am6 ft 6 s"

In your stilettos?
  • edited January 2017
    Great read Lee.
    Good luck at the tables
  • edited January 2017
    Great update Lee, made me laugh out loud.

I've had the pleasure of you at my tables this last week now and again, your definately on top of your game, some moves I didnt know were  doable, Ive seen you do.
  • edited January 2017
     at one stage we found two dog waste bags full but then dumped. she picked them up with the litter picker then looked at me and said "people who drop dog poo shouldn't have dogs" to which i laughed and agreed, but after that every single thing we picked up came with the same sentence "people who drop crisp packets shouldn't be allowed crisps" hilarious, tedious and true all at the same time :

This is wonderful. 
  • edited January 2017

Lee, if you get a moment, can you take a look at this thread please, HERE
  • edited February 2017
    its been a pretty poor 2nd half to the month, i havent played alot of poker, but what i have played hasnt gone well, also had a very bad sickness bug for a week so spent the majoirty of that tucked up in bed. im going to update more regularly from next month, perhaps once a week. not that anyone cares more to motivate myself to play more and better. 

Stake£5.50£11£16.50£22£33£55TotalBonusesBalance
    # Played26424961000529£17.25 
    # Cashed1511266500288£49.46 
           0£24.21 
    Profit/loss£58.00-£219.00£81.00-£20.00£0.00£0.00-£100.00£17.78£747.87
            £6.59 
  • edited February 2017
    Sorry to hear about your illness Lee
    We have a HU match to play
    Could you post on the HU thread when you're free.
    Cheers
    Mick