You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rlt's Diary. First update of 2017

Comments

• edited June 2016
    missed a days report from a couple of days ago, in which i lost around £60, 

todays results made that abck and abit more, still a really poor dym session though
     £3.30 DYMs£5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMSOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played07320000 1799
    # Cashed03720000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 1220
    Profit/loss£0.00-£31.50£18.00£0.00£0.00£105.36£91.86£585.13 

Todays MTT win means that i am now in profit for mtt's in my whoe time on sky, which is great progress considering only 4 months ago i was -£610 in mtt's hopefully i can continue to progress and build up a roll big enough for some main event and bink one or 2 :)
  • edited June 2016
    terrible day mostly thanks to one, how should i put it... less than convential player in a £55 dym, but any time someone 3 bet shoves you with 7 2 for 2000 chips your going to be laughing in the long run right...

# Played2360000 1799
    # Cashed0220000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 1220
    Profit/loss-£6.60£3.50-£26.00£0.00£0.00-£65.50-£94.60£490.53 
  • edited June 2016
    Hi mate

Well done on the mtt front - I was quite happily crushing till you decide to join in haha.

Making lots of FT's but running / playing bad in key spots and not getting that bink. How many wins you got now this year? 

£55 dym shoving 72 - sign me up :) haha 
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT's diary: The long grind:
    Hi mate Well done on the mtt front - I was quite happily crushing till you decide to join in haha. Making lots of FT's but running / playing bad in key spots and not getting that bink. How many wins you got now this year?  £55 dym shoving 72 - sign me up :) haha 
    Posted by Nuggy962

I'll check for sure later but I've won at least 4/5 and had decent finishes in more, I think the main improvement for me is that I'm still cashing the same (maybe slightly more) tourneys but I'm turning these mini cashes into deeper runs, and I tend to have a good record on FT's once there I'll make the top 2/3 more often than not, and strongly rate my heads up game against most people I have encountered so far in those spots.

But tbh I'm still my playing as many mtts' as I should be so this could all be a short term variance thing, hopefully not only time will tell. But if dyms keep frustrating me as much as they do I think I may heavily increase mtt volume and start playing more of the £11's and ME's

• edited June 2016
    late night session last night didnt go so good either.. would really like a few winning dym days in a row now

# Played01400000 230
    # Cashed0700000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 1840
    Profit/loss£0.00-£7.00£0.00£0.00£0.00-£15.75-£22.75£467.78 
  • edited June 2016
    well overdue decent winning dym session, although for long  parts it looked and felt like it wasnt going to be that way. 

# Played04000000 463
    # Cashed02700000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 2073
    Profit/loss£0.00£50.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£10.53£60.53£528.31 
  • edited June 2016
    sticking this one down to varience, im more than sure there were bad plays aswell, not worth moaning bout though ive had my share of good results recently was due a bad one

# Played21800000 717
    # Cashed14300000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 2327
    Profit/loss£14.70-£14.00£0.00£0.00£0.00-£77.12-£76.42£439.94 
  • edited June 2016
    no update for a few days, but ive won abit, ost abit and now won abit. high level analysis right there. here are todays results 

# Played7800000 1270
    # Cashed4700000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 2880
    Profit/loss£0.90£26.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£26.90£470.97 
  • edited June 2016
    # Played23220000 1768
    # Cashed11130000 Monthly PP
    FT's     00 3378
    Profit/loss-£0.60-£6.50£18.00£0.00£0.00£11.44£22.34£493.31 
  • edited June 2016
    had a few days off, then a couple of mixed days but my excel chart got messed up some how.. anyway i fixed it now and yesterdays results are a good way to get this going again

£3.30 DYMs£5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMS£55 DYMSOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played1322000000 959
    # Cashed88000000 Monthly PP
    FT's      00 4611
    Profit/loss£5.10-£41.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£130.17£94.27£577.97 
  • edited June 2016
    better get on the grind if you want prio this month!
  • edited June 2016
    a poor day but thats the nature of mtt's.  going tohave to redesign my chart as im fed up of dyms nowlooking to put in alot more mtt volume instead

£3.30 DYMs£5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMS£55 DYMSOtherTotalBalanceWeekly PP
    # Played800000130 0
    # Cashed30000030 Monthly PP
    FT's      00 4795
    Profit/loss-£8.40£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00£0.00-£79.23-£87.63£490.34 
  • edited June 2016
    better get on the grind if you want prio this month!
    Posted by chiggypig
    hi chiggy,

im not aiming for prio this month as i have had so much stuff going on that it was never going to be possible, want to start actually making money from poker rather than the rakeback so focusing on improving my game
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT's diary: The long grind : hi chiggy, im not aiming for prio this month as i have had so much stuff going on that it was never going to be possible, want to start actually making money from poker rather than the rakeback so focusing on improving my game
    Posted by RLT16

Probably for the best, it's a lot of volume at the stakes you're currently playing, I wouldn't be able to average 30+ DYMs a day!

• edited July 2016
    will be continuing with this soon, ive moved away from dyms and am only playing mtt's at the moment, i will probably go back to them at some point im just really enjoying mtt's atm and not enjoying dyms so figure its best not to play them.  just redesigning my table to make it forum friendly then will start to update again
  • edited July 2016
    will be continuing with this soon, ive moved away from dyms and am only playing mtt's at the moment, i will probably go back to them at some point im just really enjoying mtt's atm and not enjoying dyms so figure its best not to play them.  just redesigning my table to make it forum friendly then will start to update again
    Posted by RLT16
    Good luck with the MTTs mate, I'm sure you'll take down a few to give that bankroll a boost.
  • edited July 2016
    Good luck with the MTT's

• edited July 2016
    cheers guys, not a bad starts just won the £7 @ 7
  • edited July 2016
    Been really poor at posting here despite relatively good results, on a bit of a down swing now although nothing major need to improve my focus though so bringing this back.

will update with results after tonights games. but before then figured id post a bit about Vegas.

For me it was a once in a life time trip (unless by chance i happen to win another one) i thoroughly enjoyed every second, and as i have already posted on the forum think sky and the rest of the players out there were all great very helpful and very inclusive, anyone wanting to do the group stuff were welcomes by all, and anyone wanting to do their own thing well that was cool to. 

there was so much to do out there and although i didn't do everything i wanted to i did get quite a few things done, a trip to see Chris angel (enjoyable to a point but i wouldn't recommend it), a trip to see Penn and Teller (would recommend it) and jumping off the stratosphere (would highly recommend it) were some of the highlights of the trip.

the only low of the trip being when we stopped at the Vegas sign to take photos, i hand my mate my phone for the picture stand underneath it strike a pose ask if he has got it to which he replies yes, walk off get my phone back sit on the bus and off we go. later on in the day i look back to see he had taken every photo with my flip phone case cover blocking the screen.. sigh, hardly anything to worry about though its just a photo.

The food out there was great (here's where hufty will get interested) although i probably didn't eat as often as i should have sometimes you gt to into doing things then 10 hours later u think i haven't eaten breakfast or lunch today and now its dinner time :/ the all you can eat sea food buffet at the Fremont was amazing, but the meal that topped them all was at the outback steakhouse by far and away the best steak i have ever consumed ive even goggled where i can find them in the uk so i can treat the mrs sometime, although im not sure she will ever deserve to come with me just to ruin the steak by ordering it well done..

The poker overall went OK. the Droplet i treated just as any other tourney and im happy overall with how i played in most spots, although i did clash with RSPCA a few to many times for my liking. the cash games were very up and down, and had it not been for 2, 2 outers on the last morning costing me approximately $800 id of been coming home with a decent profit, overall i probably finished approximately even at the poker tables for the week.

the same can be said of roulette and blackjack, i had 2 very heavy winning plays at both,  but for the most part lost a little each time i played so probably about BE for those to. i guess whenever you can go to Vegas and not really lose a lot at gambling its always a plus.  

the trip home wasn't ideal with my bags going one way and me another and having to run between last minute transferred flights etc, but that's all part of the fun of traveling (along with my plus one being close to unwakeable on the morning we left causing us to leave for the airport a full hour and a half later than planned and close to the point where i was considering going alone)

overall a great experience one that i can only hope i win again. once again thankyou sky 
  • edited August 2016
    so last night was a big fat blank, -£75 for the night and only even came close to cashing in one game. dont feel like i played to bad though hopefully things will change soon
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT's diary: Dairy of an MTT grinder:
    so last night was a big fat blank, -£75 for the night and only even came close to cashing in one game. dont feel like i played to bad though hopefully things will change soon
    Posted by RLT16
    You seemed to be playing fine to me-sure things will turn around very soon-glgl
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: RLT's diary: Moving to MTT's:
    Been really poor at posting here despite relatively good results, on a bit of a down swing now although nothing major need to improve my focus though so bringing this back. will update with results after tonights games. but before then figured id post a bit about Vegas. For me it was a once in a life time trip (unless by chance i happen to win another one) i thoroughly enjoyed every second, and as i have already posted on the forum think sky and the rest of the players out there were all great very helpful and very inclusive, anyone wanting to do the group stuff were welcomes by all, and anyone wanting to do their own thing well that was cool to.  there was so much to do out there and although i didn't do everything i wanted to i did get quite a few things done, a trip to see Chris angel (enjoyable to a point but i wouldn't recommend it), a trip to see Penn and Teller (would recommend it) and jumping off the stratosphere (would highly recommend it) were some of the highlights of the trip. the only low of the trip being when we stopped at the Vegas sign to take photos, i hand my mate my phone for the picture stand underneath it strike a pose ask if he has got it to which he replies yes, walk off get my phone back sit on the bus and off we go. later on in the day i look back to see he had taken every photo with my flip phone case cover blocking the screen.. sigh, hardly anything to worry about though its just a photo. The food out there was great (here's where hufty will get interested) although i probably didn't eat as often as i should have sometimes you gt to into doing things then 10 hours later u think i haven't eaten breakfast or lunch today and now its dinner time :/ the all you can eat sea food buffet at the Fremont was amazing, but the meal that topped them all was at the outback steakhouse by far and away the best steak i have ever consumed ive even goggled where i can find them in the uk so i can treat the mrs sometime, although im not sure she will ever deserve to come with me just to ruin the steak by ordering it well done.. The poker overall went OK. the Droplet i treated just as any other tourney and im happy overall with how i played in most spots, although i did clash with RSPCA a few to many times for my liking. the cash games were very up and down, and had it not been for 2, 2 outers on the last morning costing me approximately $800 id of been coming home with a decent profit, overall i probably finished approximately even at the poker tables for the week. the same can be said of roulette and blackjack, i had 2 very heavy winning plays at both,  but for the most part lost a little each time i played so probably about BE for those to. i guess whenever you can go to Vegas and not really lose a lot at gambling its always a plus.   the trip home wasn't ideal with my bags going one way and me another and having to run between last minute transferred flights etc, but that's all part of the fun of traveling (along with my plus one being close to unwakeable on the morning we left causing us to leave for the airport a full hour and a half later than planned and close to the point where i was considering going alone) overall a great experience one that i can only hope i win again. once again thankyou sky 
    Posted by RLT16
    Great to meet you buddy really was a sick trip.
    We went back to the outback steakhouse on my second week :)
  • edited November 2016
    Hi everyone, 

after a bit of thought if decided to revive my diary. after the Vegas trip i went back to playing dyms then dabbled in Mtt's which was all written about here, i then had a grievance with sky along with issues outside of poker and pretty much decided that i was going to stay away until these were sorted out. which brings me to now. 

I've started to enjoy poker again now that there were no worries alongside it as id previously found i was just playing it as a form of escapism so now that i am playing for the right reasons again i thought it would be good to set myself some decent targets. and use my diary as a form of focus and tracking results towards these. 

Some of you may remember when i first started my diary the goal was to pay for a tirp for the family to Disneyland and that was achieved and we enjoyed a great holiday. i've decided to go bigger this time. im currently in the process of proposing to my mrs, and i have decided that my target is to save enough money to pay for a week (or longer)honeymoon for us both. obviously the destination hasn't been confirmed yet as she isnt even expecting a proposal, but im thinking big, she's always like the Maldives and id love a return to vegas so either of those would be perfect.

good to be back hopefully i'll stick around abit longer this time :)

now to the boring bit... the results
  • edited November 2016
    Sigh more competition.

Only joking welcome back and good luck with the challenge.
  • edited November 2016
    this month has gone very well for me, with the month starting with triple points for 3 hours a day i decided i was going to put in decent volume and go for 20k points this month, however when sky made the decision to reduce this too double points i revised my target and thought just getting back into priority would have to be good enough. ive stillachieved higher weekly bonuses than normal and i am well on track for priority having reached 8652 points so far with relativitely small amounts of time spent playing poker (no more than 3 hours a night)
     £5.50 DYMs£11 DYMS£16.50 DYMS£22 DYMS£33 DYMs£55 DYMsTotalBalanceweekly points
    # Played19031730300540 0
    # Cashed10918316200310 monthly points
           0 8652
    Profit/loss£45.00£173.00-£15.00£14.00£0.00£0.00£217.00£1,013.49 
  • edited November 2016
    Hope she dosnt read the forum lol

Gl lee i am sure you will do it.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Revived DYM Diary:
    Hope she dosnt read the forum lol Gl lee i am sure you will do it.
    Posted by stuarty117
    she started reading a book by Alan Carr about 10 years ago and shes still only half way through, i doubt poker forums are her thing :)
  • edited November 2016
    Sigh more competition. Only joking welcome back and good luck with the challenge.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Cheers Mark,

I had been silently reading your Diary, but as you know i was actively avoiding posting on the forum to keep myself out of trouble as at times i say things before i think them over. now that thats sorted though ill pop in and give some input from time to time, best of luck with your challange too :)
  • edited November 2016

oioi, welcome back Bus Bloke.

Can't reply properly right now, am in the studio with Orford all evening (FML) but will reply in the morning.

Great to see you back.
  • edited November 2016
    oioi, welcome back Bus Bloke. Can't reply properly right now, am in the studio with Orford all evening (FML) but will reply in the morning. Great to see you back.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are you getting some poker lessons from Mr O then?

Welcome back Rlt