You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Thank you MP33 I do try and find the right balance.
  • edited January 2017
    Monday 9th - Sunday 15th January 2017 Results :

Dym = + £841
    Points = 9001
    Points Bonus = + £280
    Promo = + £150

Hours = 39
    Total = + £1271

Hi all so alot better results this week on the tables 6/7 + days. The tables wasnt super busy at the £33 £55 games but still managed 9k points. Also hit the Ironman promo so another £150.

Didnt do loads of away from the tables but was out for dinner and to watch SUPER SUNDAY great result for Everton. Man U liverpool maybe one of worst performances of the season so in the end was super happy with the draw. I like Pogba alot but wow that was a awful performance.

Plan for the week 7 days on the tables got 4 racquetball games and then going for meal and beers thursday nite for Kgee's birthday.

POINTS = 23954
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £1481
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £1481

Next update Monday!!

• edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Good work Tim
    Posted by Jac35
    Thank you Sir
  • edited January 2017
    Nice work Timmy, vvv consistent solid results.

Out of interest Timmy, what is your average number of tables when you grind DYMs?
  • edited January 2017
    gr8 results again Timmy. What advice can you give on someone trying to improve their DYM game - videos or threads on other sites etc  (i did sign up for gold membership on SS for pimpdonk,s SNG videos but there is nothing in there at all on DYM,s )

I have watched some youtube vids on them but when i scope the players they are often losing players. I,ve also recently messed around with an ICM calculater, but as far as i can see its just for shove /folding ranges

EDIT : i,ve also tried watching other players which has helped a bit, but its hard to tell whether they,re making a move because its the right move or because of a read they have on another player

Any help appreciated - Thx
  • edited January 2017
    gr8 results again Timmy. What advice can you give on someone trying to improve their DYM game - videos or threads on other sites etc  (i did sign up for gold membership on SS for pimpdonk,s SNG videos but there is nothing in there at all on DYM,s ) I have watched some youtube vids on them but when i scope the players they are often losing players. I,ve also recently messed around with an ICM calculater, but as far as i can see its just for shove /folding ranges EDIT : i,ve also tried watching other players which has helped a bit, but its hard to tell whether they,re making a move because its the right move or because of a read they have on another player Any help appreciated - Thx
    Posted by MP33
    Ditto
  • edited January 2017
    Nice work Timmy, vvv consistent solid results. Out of interest Timmy, what is your average number of tables when you grind DYMs?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thank you Lambert.
    Hope your well mate ?
    When there isnt any promo's on or double points i would say avg 6 but when promos are on avg 10
  • edited January 2017
    gr8 results again Timmy. What advice can you give on someone trying to improve their DYM game - videos or threads on other sites etc  (i did sign up for gold membership on SS for pimpdonk,s SNG videos but there is nothing in there at all on DYM,s ) I have watched some youtube vids on them but when i scope the players they are often losing players. I,ve also recently messed around with an ICM calculater, but as far as i can see its just for shove /folding ranges EDIT : i,ve also tried watching other players which has helped a bit, but its hard to tell whether they,re making a move because its the right move or because of a read they have on another player Any help appreciated - Thx
    Posted by MP33
    Hi MP33 and waller thanks for your comments as always.
    I have searched for vidoes and training videos in the past but I only found a few on sky games on youtube and to be honest there not the best but seems like a nice bloke. So other than that just got better through playing really. Had thought bout doing some videos myself but sadly Sky playing pool isnt big enough so if i did i would only be making my games harder. If I was ever going to move back to cash or tourneys i would maybe do it but at the minute i still really enjoy them .
  • edited January 2017
    Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £201
    Points = 10505
    Points Bonus + £193
    Promo = + £150

Hours = 46
    Total = + £544

Hi all so a solid week just done had a super start to the week making + £333 on Monday but then ran into to 4-6 losing days after that but overall I will take it. Completed the Ironman challenge again so another £150.

Went out with the lads Thursday to a really good American style restaurant called witham and blues for Kgee's birthday eat loads and had a cheeky 5 beers. Really enjoyed the footy over the weekend well done Wayne Rooney always been a big fan but my favourite part was watching Swansea beat Liverpool 3-2 good times :)

Im bout £2600 up with everything still to come weekly bonus and monthly so my aim is to get around + £3500 by the end of the month.

POINTS = 34459
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £2025
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2025
  • edited January 2017
    solid af, esp w/a handful of losing days. wpwp. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi bud, what's the easiest way to go about this? Sorry to hijack your diray Timmy. P.S  Liverpool win 2-1
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi Donttelmum I used to work in the NI office in Newcastle so I can (probably) answer your question.I left a while ago but I'm pretty sure the rules haven't changed only the price of the rates you pay.You basically have 2 choices - 1) Pay class 3 voluntary contributions - they were around £7.80 when I was there but I just looked them up and they're an eye watering £14+ per week - they entitle you to the basic state pension and bereavement benefit ONLY- 2) Pay class 2 NI contributions - They are around £2.80 per week and entitle you to most state benefits inc contribution based ESA,incapccity benefit (both back up if you become sick) and the state pension.They DON'T "usually" cover job seekers only class 1 conts do which you can only pay through employment.I was taught they never cover jobseekers but on the citizens advice page it says "usually don't" so if you need further clarification on that you would need to check with DWP but I'm sure it's pretty safe to say they wouldn't cover job seekers.
    So the obvious option is to pay class 2, less for more but here's the catch....
    Anybody can pay class 3 but to pay the class 2 reduced rate you need to be self employed.Obviously this option is more of a "faff on" you don't pay tax on winnings etc so I'm not even sure you could register as a professional gambler? You could though register as a training consultant do the occasional bit of cheap coaching etc keep records of it and fill in an online tax return once per year.As long as you earn under your tax allowance (£5900+ I think) you won't pay tax and ordinarily won't have to pay class 2 but can do this on a voluntary basis to keep your record up to date and get your credits toward your pension etc.It's easy to do once set up, just keep records and do some poker training consultancy and you'll be fine but ensure you do keep them as they could do an audit on anyone at anytime, unlikely but not impossible.I was self employed for a while driving a taxi and it was very straightforward once set up.I still have friends who work there so if you need to know anything else pm me.

Hope this helps you/Timmy anyone else in this situation.

Sorry for the further derail, great diary and results Timmy very inspiring and shows what can be achieved with hard work, talent and the right attitude, there may still be hope for a little fish like me! :)

P.S If you crushers want to practice the consultancy for free until you get the hang of it I volunteer to go first ;) lol
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi bud, what's the easiest way to go about this? Sorry to hijack your diray Timmy. P.S  Liverpool win 2-1
    Posted by Donttelmum

What the guy above said! Only just seen this as not got much time for poker these days, but think the above answer is better than mine would have been anyway! 
    Another option would be to work part time like 16 hours a week so you get class 1 NI plus some variance free ££££, but then again if you're grinding loads there's only so many hours in a day! 

As well as the above, as you don't have an occupational pension I would be investing as much as possible for the long term in low cost funds like vanguard trackers, £300 a month over 20-30 years should give you a decent top up to state pension. Don't want to be grinding those DYM's or cash tables at the same rate when you hit 75! 

Sorry to harp on about it but I think a lot of guys playing full time don't really consider retirement, and these days you can't rely on the state for anything! 

Also if your not already I would be following lamberts lead and bashing the bookies, heard you can make decent low variance cash, not that I would know anything much about it myself
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Mr Carps and Ih8ubutler sorry for the late reply been off the forum for a few days.
    Really do appreciate the advise you put on the diary some really good stuff there so thank you both.
  • edited January 2017
    Monday 23rd - Sunday 29th January 2017 Results :

Dym = - £149
    Points = 7913
    Points Bonus = + £204
    Promo = + £150

Hours = 33
    Total = + £205

Hi all so a pretty poor week on the tables as u can see losing £149 at dym's Tuesday - Saturday i losted £454. Did complete the last Ironman challenge of the month and did have 2 full days off Thursday and Friday which was nice.

Off the table's I went out Thursday for beers and food and watched Man U scrap through to the league cup final and then was also out for another mates birthday Friday for a Italian and more beers which was a good laugh and then was hungover Saturday and Sunday good times :(

So 2 more days left of the month would like to finish on a high and get to around £3k for the month Im at about £2.8k now I think.

POINTS = 42397
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £2230
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2230

Next update Monday!!

• edited February 2017
    January 2017 Results :

Online :

Dym = + £580
    Tourney = - £5
    Points = 45437
    Points Bonus = + £1308
    Promo = + £600
    Staking = + £69

Hours = 196

TOTAL = + £2552

Highs :

1. Putting in a decent amount of volume.
    2. Completing all 4 ironman challenges.

Lows :

1. Pretty average results on Dym's.
    2. Not making over £3k for month.
    3. Not hitting 50k points for month.

Targets for February :

1. Make + £2200 - £2500.
    2. Hit 20k - 30k points.
    3. Try and get super lucky and win the raffle draw for Drive the prize promo.

TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2552

Next update Monday!!

• edited February 2017
    Excellent work Timmy and GL with the raffle!
  • edited February 2017
    Excellent work Timmy and GL with the raffle!
    Posted by markycash
    Thank you markycash
  • edited February 2017
    had  a  quick read  thru  some of  the  blog. liking  how its  not  all poker  poker  poker non stop  grinding. and you make  time  for  a  social  life.

Years ago i was  sponsored    getting  up  most  days  for  9 oclock  and  9/10 tabling  cash tables  soul  destroying at  times :(. then  playing  mtts  at  night.
    loved  the  game  back  then  ( still do) but  looking  back  wish  i  had  done things  differently.

ok rambling  on  here  this  is  your  blog  :) ha  ha 

glad  to  see  you  doing  well  keep up the  good  work  an gl.

ps  what  are  dyms  is  it  just  sngs  ???
  • edited February 2017
    lol if right just  came  to  me  double  your  money  sngs  ?
  • edited February 2017
    had  a  quick read  thru  some of  the  blog. liking  how its  not  all poker  poker  poker non stop  grinding. and you make  time  for  a  social  life. Years ago i was  sponsored    getting  up  most  days  for  9 oclock  and  9/10 tabling  cash tables  soul  destroying at  times :(. then  playing  mtts  at  night. loved  the  game  back  then  ( still do) but  looking  back  wish  i  had  done things  differently. ok rambling  on  here  this  is  your  blog  :) ha  ha  glad  to  see  you  doing  well  keep up the  good  work  an gl. ps  what  are  dyms  is  it  just  sngs  ???
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Are you not Full time now then mate ?
  • edited February 2017
    Wednesday 1st - Sunday 5th February 2017 Results :

Dym = + £385
    Tourney = + £1
    Points = 3670

Hours = 33
    Total = + £386

Hi all so a solid start to the month winning 4/5 dym sessions and even cashed the £1k freeroll for £1 really need to remember them I always seem to forget doesnt seem alot but by the end of the year it could be a £100-£200.

Thursday nite went with my cousins for abit of food and then Trainspotting 2 defiantly not as good as the 1st one but was still decent. Also friday went round my mates house with a few others a had a proper lad nite Pizza beers and Fifa. Mixed results for Man u really want them to make top4 as a fan and also ive got a decent bet on that its going to be very tight.

Got Drake concert on Wednesday cant wait!
    6 days of grinding for the week.

POINTS = 3670
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £386
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2941

Next update Monday!!
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Are you not Full time now then mate ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

no not any more only took it  up  as  i was  made redundant  at  the  time, lasted about  9 months  then  got  another  job.

just got  made  redundant  again  on  friday  aswell  :(
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO :   no not any more only took it  up  as  i was  made redundant  at  the  time, lasted about  9 months  then  got  another  job. just got  made  redundant  again  on  friday  aswell  :(
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Ouch sorry to hear bout that mate hope you get sorted.
  • edited February 2017
    Monday 6th - Sunday 12th February 2017 Results :

Dym = - £672
    Tourney = + £10
    Points = 6395
    Points Bonus = + £138

Hours = 46

Total = - £524

Hi all so a really poor week for me on the Dym table's 5/6 losing days havent played my best at times so I cant moan to much. So a big 16 days left of the month to come out making some money if I can get around £1k ish I will take that and move on to the next month.

A new player has been playing the £11-£33 games to alias Tikay1 playing like 5-6 tables pretty decent player to be honest but he likes that chat box pretty good banter but wow he likes a moan he even moans more then Jac35 and hes non stop.

I no I had alot of banter off alot of the old blokes on here but Drake was sickkkkkk. 1st concert Ive been to proper enjoyed it it was at leeds direct arena and even had platinum seats and they was super good seats.

Man U are coming could be super season possible Treble and top 4 ? I no were not in Champs league but I do love the knockout stages PSG vs Barce and Bayern vs Arsenal should be good.

Plan for the week 7 days of hard work but a meal with the lads thursday nite for another birthday and some time with nephew during the day as the kids are off.

One last thing RSCPA what a guy winning a comp at DTD for £20k super start to the year mate and allround top lad.

POINTS = 10085
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = - £138
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2417

Next update Monday!!

• edited February 2017

One dream one soul one prize one goal
    One golden glance of what should be
    It's a kind of magic
  • edited February 2017
    One dream one soul one prize one goal One golden glance of what should be It's a kind of magic
    Posted by Tikay10
    The resemblance is uncanny 
  • edited February 2017
    One dream one soul one prize one goal One golden glance of what should be It's a kind of magic
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hope you enjoyed my Magic show on the Dym tables over the weekend.
  • edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017
    Monday 13th - Sunday 19th Febraury Results :

Dym = + £388
    Tourney = + £6
    Points = 7323
    Points Bonus = + £130

Hours = 66

Total = + £524

Hi all so that was a long week went into lockdown mode doing 7 straight days. We managed 5/7 + days on the Dym's 1st 4 days was pretty much break even but then we had a super Saturday + £314. So working out my weekly and monthly payments to come im around + £700 not to great but the way the month has been going I take that so 9 more days left of the month and were still be playing pretty hard be nice to get around £1200-£1300 ish lets see if we can hit that and then move on to March.

Spent some quality time with my nephew while the kids were off one of the good perks of playing poker full time. Went out for another good meal with the lads Thursday loads of birthdays lately not doing my weight any good.

As I'm from Boston they mite be big rivals but WOW well done Lincoln City what a result that was pretty much a full strength Burnley side I wouldnt be surprised if them brothers get a job in the championship next year. That quarter final draw for the FA CUP Chelsea vs Man U cant wait for that. Loved the Champs league Bayern and PSG were super good lets see how Man City and Leicester can get on.

Literally nothing planned for the week so it will be 7 more days of grinding lets do some more wins.

POINTS = 17408
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £386
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2941

Next update Monday!!