You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Bit too cold and wet out to be leaving the house tonight - unless you have some crazily warm outer-wear! 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Haha very true GaryLaud
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't worry too much about the MTT results Timmy. If you're only playing the main and mini every night, that's just 14 MTTs a week so volume is very low and can see you potentially go weeks without a decent run.

If they are concerning you, why not sack them off for a bit? DYMs are your bread and butter and looks like they are going very well at the moment, so maybe just focus all your efforts into them and forget about tournaments for a bit?

All the best.
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't worry too much about the MTT results Timmy. If you're only playing the main and mini every night, that's just 14 MTTs a week so volume is very low and can see you potentially go weeks without a decent run. If they are concerning you, why not sack them off for a bit? DYMs are your bread and butter and looks like they are going very well at the moment, so maybe just focus all your efforts into them and forget about tournaments for a bit? All the best.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Don't often say this but I agree with hhy!

MTTs are all about volume. Also are you playing MTTs at the same time as DYMs? It might be easier to stick to one form rather than mix DYMs and MTTs at the same time. Just a thought

GL with poker and the diary
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't worry too much about the MTT results Timmy. If you're only playing the main and mini every night, that's just 14 MTTs a week so volume is very low and can see you potentially go weeks without a decent run. If they are concerning you, why not sack them off for a bit? DYMs are your bread and butter and looks like they are going very well at the moment, so maybe just focus all your efforts into them and forget about tournaments for a bit? All the best.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hi buddy thanks for your advice. Yeah I don't play to many online tourneys so maybe I shouldn't worry to much I think im gonna give it to the end of the month. But then In March only play the main if I sat into it so maybe try 2 sats a day.
    What u think?
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi buddy thanks for your advice. Yeah I don't play to many online tourneys so maybe I shouldn't worry to much I think im gonna give it to the end of the month. But then In March only play the main if I sat into it so maybe try 2 sats a day. What u think?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Yeah, maybe try a couple of sats before you start your DYM grind. They are a little lower variance than standard MTTs, so you should bink a couple of seats here and there I would've thought.

Couple of 1/5 sats for the £33 mains, and a £12 sat for the £55 9pm BH, is only about a £25 outlay....you'll win that back in DYM's easy enough no problem :)

Edit....and then only play the mini if you sat into the main, otherwise I don't think its worth your time.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Don't often say this but I agree with hhy! MTTs are all about volume. Also are you playing MTTs at the same time as DYMs? It might be easier to stick to one form rather than mix DYMs and MTTs at the same time. Just a thought GL with poker and the diary
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi ya Mattbates thanks for post always nice to have a SKY LEGEND on here.
    On my dym girnd I play from 1-8 tables but when the main and mini start I reduce to 4 tables.
    I no you shouldn't mix but I enjoy them tourneys after grinding dyms all day and nite.
    Thanks for your support.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Yeah, maybe try a couple of sats before you start your DYM grind. They are a little lower variance than standard MTTs, so you should bink a couple of seats here and there I would've thought. Couple of 1/5 sats for the £33 mains, and a £12 sat for the £55 9pm BH, is only about a £25 outlay....you'll win that back in DYM's easy enough no problem :) Edit....and then only play the mini if you sat into the main, otherwise I don't think its worth your time.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Quality advice thank you I think Im gonna start that in March.
  • edited February 2015
    Quality diary, always like people posting results whether good or bad,and it shows the discipline and down swings that can happen in poker. glad to see the recent upswing in dym results and daily profits.Good luck in the sky/dtd ukpc event.

Cheers Dave.
  • edited February 2015
    Quality diary, always like people posting results whether good or bad,and it shows the discipline and down swings that can happen in poker. glad to see the recent upswing in dym results and daily profits.Good luck in the sky/dtd ukpc event. Cheers Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hi Any2suited glad your enjoying the diary and thank you for your support.
  • edited February 2015
    Really enjoying reading this :)

I see you as one of the best DYM players and to see you still have negative days just proves you should never beat yourself up over odd negative run.

Really hope you break your final table duck at the UKPC :) 

Run well
  • edited February 2015
    Really enjoying reading this :) I see you as one of the best DYM players and to see you still have negative days just proves you should never beat yourself up over odd negative run. Really hope you break your final table duck at the UKPC :)  Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks Nuggy love that. Yeah hopefully we can FT that then were be ok haha.
  • edited February 2015
    Thursday 19th February 2015 Results :

Dym = = + £86
    Tourney = - £65
    Points = 1107
    Hours = 9

Total = + £21

Hi all small + day but still happy with that.
    Another decent day on Dym's sadly not many £55 games running last couple of nites.
    Was told to hide myself on SHARKSCOPE because it mite bring some good players to the site but I like to see the leaderboard's. WHAT DO U THINK ?
    Bricked all my tourneys again sad times.
    Just another normal day 2day Dym's and tourneys.

TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £321

• edited February 2015
    Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd February 2015 Results :

Dym = - £219
    Tourney = + £64
    Points = 4462
    Hours = 17

Total = - £155

Hi all hope u all had a good weekend. I didn't do to much little bit of grinding played footy Saturday and then had a few beers. Losted abit on Dym's over the weekend but still having a really good month on them so not to bad. Tourney's was abit better managed to sat into Friday's main got a min cash and bout 3/4 heads and sunday came 2nd in a £11 sat for £99 + won a seat in a £24 sat for Roller and won a seat for £3.5k BH for £12 so before tourneys already started I was already in profit which was nice but sadly couldn't continue the form knocked out of both tourneys with no cashes . Next few days not gonna do to much gonna play few games of Raquetball and see a few mates Tuesday at there darts match + watch City vs Barca and then Wednesday im gonna head down to DTD to play UKPC MAIN.

TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £166

• edited February 2015

Come on City!

Nice work with the sats binkageability.....Slippy will have a field day with that last word ;)

• edited February 2015

Im a Barcelona fan 2morrow bud lol.
    Im going Barcelona week on Thursday for long weekend and then we've got tickets for a game.

• edited February 2015
    Come on City! Nice work with the sats binkageability.....Slippy will have a field day with that last word ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You just need binkability huft!
    ;)
    Keep it up Timmy, gl!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : You just need binkability huft! ;) Keep it up Timmy, gl!
    Posted by mrsduck
    I'd settle for just ability.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : You just need binkability huft! ;) Keep it up Timmy, gl!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you
  • edited February 2015
    Hi all Leaving for the Sky UKPC MAIN!
    Speak later
  • edited March 2015
    Hi all been away from the diary since Wednesday don't worry I haven't gone skint things are well these are my monthly figures.

February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £1755
    Tourney = - £845
    Promo = + £136
    Points = 30047
    Points Bonus = + £633
    Stars = - £30
    DTD Stats = - £202
    Staking = + £270

Live

Tourney = - £245
    Cash = + £186
    Expenses = - £113

Hours = 193 

TOTAL = + £1545

So after all I was quite happy with the month started pretty bad being - £500 - £550 down but then turned it around and had some solid weeks.

HIGHS :
    Had a quality month on Dym's one of my best ever. This was my 1st month staking my friend KGEE and he had a really nice 1st month making + £540 so a nice + £270 each. Hes been grinding £5 Dyms and £3-£11 tourneys.

Lows :
    Online tourneys were really bad losing - £845 didn't cash in many or either remember any deep runs. Playing in the UKPC was a high but not making Day2 was a big low don't think I did to much wrong but a really nice experience playing in a high buy event so be nice to get my self into some more UKIPT GUKPT and GENTING obviously sating in not direct buy ins.

Targets for March :

Having a + month on Online tourneys.
    Try sats for Dusk till dawn grand prix.
    Play some cash in BARCELONA.
    Make 30k in Points.

Good luck with your months everyone.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi all been away from the diary since Wednesday don't worry I haven't gone skint things are well these are my monthly figures. February 2015 Results : Online Dym = + £1755 Tourney = - £845 Promo = + £136 Points = 30047 Points Bonus = + £633 Stars = - £30 DTD Stats = - £202 Staking = + £270 Live Tourney = - £245 Cash = + £186 Expenses = - £113 Hours = 193  TOTAL = + £1545 So after all I was quite happy with the month started pretty bad being - £500 - £550 down but then turned it around and had some solid weeks. HIGHS : Had a quality month on Dym's one of my best ever. This was my 1st month staking my friend KGEE and he had a really nice 1st month making + £540 so a nice + £270 each. Hes been grinding £5 Dyms and £3-£11 tourneys. Lows : Online tourneys were really bad losing - £845 didn't cash in many or either remember any deep runs. Playing in the UKPC was a high but not making Day2 was a big low don't think I did to much wrong but a really nice experience playing in a high buy event so be nice to get my self into some more UKIPT GUKPT and GENTING obviously sating in not direct buy ins. Targets for March : Having a + month on Online tourneys. Try sats for Dusk till dawn grand prix. Play some cash in BARCELONA. Make 30k in Points. Good luck with your months everyone.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Good summary and some realistic targets, best of luck pal

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Good summary and some realistic targets, best of luck pal
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Thank you sir
  • edited March 2015
    Hi all been away from the diary since Wednesday don't worry I haven't gone skint things are well these are my monthly figures. February 2015 Results : Online Dym = + £1755 Tourney = - £845 Promo = + £136 Points = 30047 Points Bonus = + £633 Stars = - £30 DTD Stats = - £202 Staking = + £270 Live Tourney = - £245 Cash = + £186 Expenses = - £113 Hours = 193  TOTAL = + £1545 So after all I was quite happy with the month started pretty bad being - £500 - £550 down but then turned it around and had some solid weeks. HIGHS : Had a quality month on Dym's one of my best ever. This was my 1st month staking my friend KGEE and he had a really nice 1st month making + £540 so a nice + £270 each. Hes been grinding £5 Dyms and £3-£11 tourneys. Lows : Online tourneys were really bad losing - £845 didn't cash in many or either remember any deep runs. Playing in the UKPC was a high but not making Day2 was a big low don't think I did to much wrong but a really nice experience playing in a high buy event so be nice to get my self into some more UKIPT GUKPT and GENTING obviously sating in not direct buy ins. Targets for March : Having a + month on Online tourneys. Try sats for Dusk till dawn grand prix. Play some cash in BARCELONA. Make 30k in Points. Good luck with your months everyone.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    well done on a good month, and best of luck in march :)
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : well done on a good month, and best of luck in march :)
    Posted by RLT16
    Ty Ty Sir
  • edited March 2015
    Got to say what an impressive young man you sound! Sound like a worthy opponent, and best of luck with your new venture :)
  • edited March 2015
    Got to say what an impressive young man you sound! Sound like a worthy opponent, and best of luck with your new venture :)
    Posted by beckaza
    Thank you so much. But I wouldn't say 27 is young in the poker world now lol.
  • edited March 2015
    Building up some solid results wp, sure the MTT's will turn around, GL!
  • edited March 2015
    Building up some solid results wp, sure the MTT's will turn around, GL!
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Ty Ty Curt
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks for February! Really enjoyed it! Happy your making the targets, on for a decent tax-free  year! Your always going to do well, you've taught a monkey to play (me) and make a few quid. I'm sure you will have a MTT result soon. Well done mate keep the hard work up!!

I did think you had gone skint!! no update and you hadn`t told me your monthly figures!! I even popped into the jobcentre in my lunch hour to see if you was in there.....
  • edited March 2015
    Good results and i think with varience of tourneys and cashing in them, a big result is hopefully just on the horizon. Which would make your other great monthly figures be even more impressive.
    Keep going good luck,

Cheers Dave.