You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Tuesday 13th January 2015 Results : Dym = - £226 Tourney = - £17 DTD online = - £210 Points = 1275 Hours = 13 Total = - £453 Tough day yesterday on Dym's had a good hour looking at some hand histories etc so feel fresh to get back to winning ways 2day. In my Tourneys I was 2 off the money in the Priority mini freeroll I was bubble boy in the Main which I will get my buy in back 2day because of priority bubble insurance and no cash in the mini. On the DTD I losted £100 on cash then played the Grand prix day1 for £110 buy in made day2 but with only 110k with blinds at 5k 10k so not brilliant but you never no. So my month is struggling for the 1st time down bout - £400 but I will be hitting 40k in points which is usually bout £1100 - £1200 so still got a chance of a decent month. So im after four straight + days to end the week on a high let the grind begin.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Whaaat? So how does that work?

My how the high rollers live - No wonder Matt Bates bubbles so much.

GL though hope you run well.

• edited January 2015
    Chin up mate...still a long way to go this month YOU CAN DO IT  -:) GLGLGLGLGLGL dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks for the support bud means a lot and yeah long way to go grind grind grind
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Thanks for the support bud means a lot and yeah long way to go grind grind grind
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    No problem Tim,
    I remember those days... 100-150 games a night...oh what fun -:)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Thanks for the support bud means a lot and yeah long way to go grind grind grind
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Priority bronze players get bubble silver get +1 and gold get +2.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Whaaat? So how does that work? My how the high rollers live - No wonder Matt Bates bubbles so much. GL though hope you run well.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I am not in priority!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Priority bronze players get bubble silver get +1 and gold get +2.     
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Never even heard of bronze silver gold priority, are these things advertised?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Never even heard of bronze silver gold priority, are these things advertised?
    Posted by bbMike
    Sky poker reward page write at the bottom page your see
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim,
    always look forward to reading your updates.
    As others have said, you take the rough with the smooth and never complain.

As for your current bad few days on the DYMs, do you think this could be down to the promotion that's running this month.
    When I have looked to play the £10 and £20 ones, I seem to see more good regs than usual, yourself included.

I suppose the problem with being full time is you can't just log off and leave it during the difficult times.

I hope things turn for you soon and I might see you more after the promo finishes.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Sky poker reward page write at the bottom page your see
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Nice one, this detail isn't in the Priorities section. I made bronze a few months back but never heard about additional benefits so haven't really pushed volume as hard since.
  • edited January 2015
    Just to add my praise - great diary!
  • edited January 2015
    Wednesday 14th January Results :

Dym = + £112
    Tourneys = - £33
    Points = 1575
    Hours = 10

Total = + £79

Hi all bit better yesterday got back to winning ways on Dym after 2 losing days so feel good about that. Another poor 2nite in Main and mini came no where near cashing in either only + is that I got my refund back from Turbo nite before for being bubble boy. The results just came in for the Team sky poker sng promo came 9th for £150 which I should receive 2morrow. Feeling good for 2day just took the dog for a nice long walk now im ready for a day of grinding while watching the snooker and really looking forward to 2nite's Sky poker's show 2nite.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim, always look forward to reading your updates. As others have said, you take the rough with the smooth and never complain. As for your current bad few days on the DYMs, do you think this could be down to the promotion that's running this month. When I have looked to play the £10 and £20 ones, I seem to see more good regs than usual, yourself included. I suppose the problem with being full time is you can't just log off and leave it during the difficult times. I hope things turn for you soon and I might see you more after the promo finishes.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Hi ya dragon1964 im glad your enjoying the diary and thanks for your support. With this promo I loved  how much traffic there has been on the Dym tables but yeah there has been some good regs but if that traffic continues to be good in the long run im really happy + I looked on my dym stats for month and im up £382 its just where I took at shot at HU where I losted £176.
  • edited January 2015

Thanks for the support Quickfeet and Gran23 glad your enjoying the diary and thank you for your support.

• edited January 2015
    Just wanted to say that this diary is one I always look forward to reading :)

As others have said you're always a gentleman on the tables.  Hope you run golden xx
  • edited January 2015
    Just wanted to say that this diary is one I always look forward to reading :) As others have said you're always a gentleman on the tables.  Hope you run golden xx
    Posted by IrishRose
    Thank you IrishRose X
  • edited January 2015

Thursday 15th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £131

Tourney = - £46

Sky Promo = + £150

Points = 2281

Hours = 12

Total = - £27

Hi all disaponting day yesterday as i had a £150 start as i recieved my money for coming 9th

in the sky team poker promo.  So 16 full days left till end of the month so im still down bout £400 so im looking for a run of + days now to finsh the 2nd half of the month on a high and hit bout £1600-£2000 at the end of month.

• edited January 2015
    Where are you Timmy?  Hope all is well.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all im back sorry if I got some people worried but im fine and things are well. 

Friday,Saturday and Sundays Results :

Dym = + £220
    Tourney = - £39
    Points = 159
    Live Tourney = + £755 + £1k UKPC seat
    Live % = - £75
    Live expenses = - £30
    Hours = 24

Total = + £831

So Friday I played abit during the day and at nite when out with a few mates for some beers and then back to my mates house for a Chinese and a home game 6 players £20 I came 2nd £30 and i had won 6 games in a row before then they've finally found me out lol.
    Saturday I had footy we losted 5-3 horrible pitch 2 pens and 2 red cards proper Saturday league footy played abit at nite but not to much as I was abit tired.
    Sunday was day2 of the Grand prix at Dusk till dawn I only had 110k chips with blinds at 5k 10k 1k ante so the pressure was straight on 300+ players was left with top 170 getting payed. I managed to grind all the way to 27th for £750 + ukpc seat I swapped 10% with my mate KGEE so he got £75 + 10% of me in the UKPC. My exit hand was me jamming 15bigs UTG +2 with 99's and SB which was the big stack on table re jammed he showed AQ and hit the queen would of been a top 10 stack but wasn't meant to be. But starting the day with 10bigs I would of took 27th all day long and really excited now to play the UKPC.
    So 2day back to the grind online and try and make top10 of SNG PROMO.
  • ommomm
    edited January 2015
    Hi all im back sorry if I got some people worried but im fine and things are well.  Friday,Saturday and Sundays Results : Dym = + £220 Tourney = - £39 Points = 159 Live Tourney = + £755 + £1k UKPC seat Live % = - £75 Live expenses = - £30 Hours = 24 Total = + £831 So Friday I played abit during the day and at nite when out with a few mates for some beers and then back to my mates house for a Chinese and a home game 6 players £20 I came 2nd £30 and i had won 6 games in a row before then they've finally found me out lol. Saturday I had footy we losted 5-3 horrible pitch 2 pens and 2 red cards proper Saturday league footy played abit at nite but not to much as I was abit tired. Sunday was day2 of the Grand prix at Dusk till dawn I only had 110k chips with blinds at 5k 10k 1k ante so the pressure was straight on 300+ players was left with top 170 getting payed. I managed to grind all the way to 27th for £750 + ukpc seat I swapped 10% with my mate KGEE so he got £75 + 10% of me in the UKPC. My exit hand was me jamming 15bigs UTG +2 with 99's and SB which was the big stack on table re jammed he showed AQ and hit the queen would of been a top 10 stack but wasn't meant to be. But starting the day with 10bigs I would of took 27th all day long and really excited now to play the UKPC. So 2day back to the grind online and try and make top10 of SNG PROMO.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Haha Timmy, I was there for day 2, I also came back with roughly 10big blinds. Unfortunately my end came when all in pre with 270 left, my AK getting cracked by AQ by hitting a Q on the flop!! Devastated didn't sum it up as by then I had grinder up to 25 bigs and would have had quite a healthy stack. Left the building swearing u was never playing poker again, then driving down the M1 I decided to pop into Luton on the way home, that's why we love the game. Well done on the cash and seat, hopefully see u there. 

• edited January 2015

Monday 19th January 2015 Results :

Dym = + £87
    Tourney = - £24 
    Points = 1375
    Hours = 7

Total = + £63

So I was pretty tired yesterday after my weekend playing live so just had a nice steady grind. 
    Took abit of head prizes in the main and mini but again no where near the cash. Looking forward to the Turbo tourneys 2nite + hoping for a deep run in the Priority Main.  

• edited January 2015

Tuesday 20th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £33
    Tourney = + £500
    Points = 590
    Hours = 6

Total = + £467

Hi all another solid nite online that's 5 + days in a row which im really happy with.
    1st losing on Dym's for 4 nites but only a small 1 so not to bad. In my tourneys there was no cash in the main but managed a small cash + some heads in the mini but in the Priority freeroll I managed my 1st FT of the year even thou it was only only 36 runners they all count I finished 2nd for £500 so really happy with that. Month's going pretty well now so we should be on course for a + £2k month.

• edited January 2015
    Good afternoon Timmy.
    WELL DONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    Nice1, good start to the year Timmy, and well done last night on your 2nd place finish.
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you Rainman397 and Larson7.

Wednesday 21st January 2015 :

Dym = + £14
    Tourney = - £72
    Points = 1335
    Hours = 7

Total = - £58

Hi all 1st losing day in 5 but only a small 1 so not to bad.
    Just a small profit on dym but any profit Is good profit.
    Tourneys had to buy in a few times in both Main and mini but sadly no cash in either.
    Gonna grind a little bit online 2day  but then gonna go for a local game down the pub with dad 2nite as they run a pretty cool poker league down there and some good people so always good banter.
  • edited January 2015
    Thursday 22nd January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £10
    Sky Promo = + £20
    Points = 400

Live poker -

Tourney = - £12
    Cash = - £8
    Expenses = - £5

Total = - £15

Hi all 2nd losing day in a row so not good but again very small so not to bad. Im having Saturday off as im going into town for some drinks with my mates so looking to hit a nice + day 2day so im gonna grind hard.
  • edited January 2015
    Friday 23rd January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £166
    Tourney = + £50
    Points = 1945
    Hours = 8

Total = - £116

Hi all im back last session was - 3rd in a row bad times. Had a long weekend off celebrating my mates birthday so now I feel fresh and ready to have a solid week to end the month on a high.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Timmy, we have played in £11 DYM's a few times. Very interested to hear you story. My current job is always on a knife edge and I am not sure if I lost it I could be bothered with getting another one at my age (52) so over Christmas I gave a lot of thought to doing what you are doing. I currently play most days maybe 2 hours and make money grinding away so maybe I could get the same results as you. I will watch your results closely. Not sure my missus loved the idea but hey.

Good luck and see you on the tables.
  • edited January 2015
    fantastic diary!!! gl in your year all the best!!

RUNGOOD!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Nice work mate, glad profit coming in at a steady pace.

Question......

Being a pro when do you withdraw? Do you "pay yourself" monthly or just work up to a set limit, say starting roll + 20%, when hit that figure withdraw and go back to base BR?

Run well mate see you at the tables

Matt
  • edited January 2015
    I have a question, dont want to get to personal, but obviously everyone has bills to pay assuming that every once in a while you have a losing month(s), what kind of things so you do personally to ensure that you are covered for this? Do you dip into your BR? Or is it a case of having another winnings previously to cover you until you turn it back around.