You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2015
    The very best of luck for 2015 - I will be reading the diary with interest.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Good luck with this Tim. You mentioned a while ago that you were thinking of starting a diary. Glad that you've managed to get round to it. You're coming across on the forum just as well as you do at the tables.  Never seen you moan or grumble yet. A couple of questions Did you work your way up to your present stakes online or go straight in at those levels? I know you play live a fair bit. Any nice binks to brag about? I'll definitely be at the mini.  Hope we can catch up. Good luck
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi Jac yep I finally got round to doing it lol. Yeah I don't like to moan not a big fan of moaning at the software or players making loose calls and ranting in the chat box and blaming live dealers for me losing I just get on with it and move on to the next hand.
    I started being really good with bankroll management about the same time i started keeping diarys and slowing moving up the stakes after that.
    No my Hendon mob is pretty poor but to honest never really played any comps over £300 and last year maybe only made 5-8 trips live but i wanna put myself out there abit more this year.
    But yeah should be playing the Grand prix at DTD and the Ukpc Mini so yeah be cool to meet up.
  • edited January 2015

Thank you for your support Brrrrr Rainman and Waller.
    Where abouts your from Waller?

• edited January 2015
    best of luck timmy  earning average 1.5k a month  not bad  pretty much what a normal guy would earn doing 40 hrs a week getting paid monthly  thing is most guys hate there job and u love poker there is the difference u love what ya doing and earning a good salary keep up the good work 
  • edited January 2015
    best of luck timmy  earning average 1.5k a month  not bad  pretty much what a normal guy would earn doing 40 hrs a week getting paid monthly  thing is most guys hate there job and u love poker there is the difference u love what ya doing and earning a good salary keep up the good work 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thank you IDONKCALL spot on there.
  • edited January 2015
    Shared tables with you many times Timmy.

All the best sir.
  • edited January 2015
    Thought you'd been at it longer Timmy, but you must have went full time around the same kinda time I did. Best of luck for 2015, I'll see you at UKPC no doubt, hopefully we'll have both won our ME seats but either way I'll play the mini.
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you for your support Brrrrr Rainman and Waller. Where abouts your from Waller?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Caistor mate, work in Boston a fair bit with Western Power Distribution. Do you know the town legend Adie Daubney who was on come dine with me??
  • edited January 2015
    Shared tables with you many times Timmy. All the best sir.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thank you sir see ya on the tables
  • edited January 2015
    i love town legends.

birkenhead has roland 'two-ties', plank and the birkenhead-tranny. with guest appearances from purple-aki.

tell me about this character...
  • edited January 2015
    Thought you'd been at it longer Timmy, but you must have went full time around the same kinda time I did. Best of luck for 2015, I'll see you at UKPC no doubt, hopefully we'll have both won our ME seats but either way I'll play the mini.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi lambert thank you for your comments be cool to meet up at the UKPC. Good luck with your year.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Caistor mate, work in Boston a fair bit with Western Power Distribution. Do you know the town legend Adie Daubney who was on come dine with me??
    Posted by waller02
    Haha no I don't no him but my mum and dad have meet him be4 he was pretty funny on come dine with me.
  • edited January 2015
    i love town legends. birkenhead has roland 'two-ties', plank and the birkenhead-tranny. with guest appearances from purple-aki. tell me about this character...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    He's just a funny guy teddy. He works for the same company as me and is always a good laugh. Old school mod, rides around on his scooter.

It has to be said that he is the "self proclaimed" town legend though......but still a top man. He appeared on (and won) Come Dine With Me a couple of months back and had me and the lads at work in stitches.

Slight derail over anyway........all the best with 2015 Timmy :)
  • edited January 2015
    i love town legends. birkenhead has roland 'two-ties', plank and the birkenhead-tranny. with guest appearances from purple-aki. tell me about this character...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    We have 'Plaggy Terry' in York.

-Owns a hairdressers that is as empty on a daily basis as my poker account.
    -Used to drive a soft top BMW, now bikes everywhere.
    -More fake tan than Carlo.
    -Suspected drug dealer and has an interest in girls way younger than himself.
    -There was a FB group called 'Plaggy Terry, love him or hate him?', that had thousands of members, but it has died a slow painful death.
    -Often likes to claim he's being considered for *insert any reality show* but thus far his face has yet to grace TV, thankfully.
    -If you're from York or visit regularly, you'll know who he is.
    -In case there is any doubt, he's a massive twa....
  • edited January 2015
    haha, bosssss

gotta love local legends

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : He's just a funny guy teddy. He works for the same company as me and is always a good laugh. Old school mod, rides around on his scooter. It has to be said that he is the "self proclaimed" town legend though......but still a top man. He appeared on (and won) Come Dine With Me a couple of months back and had me and the lads at work in stitches. Slight derail over anyway........all the best with 2015 Timmy :)
    Posted by waller02
    Most of the people round the town enjoyed him on the show so defo a Boston ledge.
    Thank you for your support
  • edited January 2015
    Very hard player to play against,and always takes the bad beats in your stride, top fella imo gl this year m8.
  • edited January 2015
    watched you play a lot and great to see a pro write a diary!   I think that having a 15-20k profit is a VERY decent wage.  People need to remember that is tax free, so if earning 20k net that is like a regular 30-35k job which is better than average 27 year old!   PLUS........  that wage plus your doing a job you LOVE = priceless. Run well and look forward to reading the progres
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Here here! A very decent wage. It takes alot of guts to take a chance on going in a new direction....best of luck Timmy, my namesake.
  • edited January 2015
    You've always been sat at all thes table in the DYMs when I've tried moving up, always put me off!

The alias, anything to do with this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rah-rah_skirt

Perhaps you used to be a cheerleader, or a teenage girl in the 1980s...

GL with 2015
  • edited January 2015
    Very hard player to play against,and always takes the bad beats in your stride, top fella imo gl this year m8.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Thanks CHILLIE and Timmy means a lot.
  • edited January 2015
    You've always been sat at all thes table in the DYMs when I've tried moving up, always put me off! The alias, anything to do with this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rah-rah_skirt Perhaps you used to be a cheerleader, or a teenage girl in the 1980s... GL with 2015
    Posted by bbMike
    Ha Ha I enjoyed my nickname until now.
    Named after a cheerleader Skirt FML!
  • edited January 2015

Hi Tim

Good luck with the diary and your 2nd year as a pro.

Hopefully it can help focus your game/bankroll and improve what is already a very respectable set of stats.  As you know I've always respected your DYM solid style of play and it's always easier to make the last 3 when your not taking 1 of the spots.  I'm sure we'll bump into each other probably another few thousand times....lol

Best of luck
    Snedds
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim Good luck with the diary and your 2nd year as a pro. Hopefully it can help focus your game/bankroll and improve what is already a very respectable set of stats.  As you know I've always respected your DYM solid style of play and it's always easier to make the last 3 when your not taking 1 of the spots.  I'm sure we'll bump into each other probably another few thousand times....lol Best of luck Snedds
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Nice1 thank you SUPERSNEDD see ya on the £55 Dyms.
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015

Now the game gets tougher.

• edited January 2015
    Gl Timmyrara, always looked at you as the benchmark of the DYM's. I look forward to reading your diary.
  • edited January 2015
    Gl Timmyrara, always looked at you as the benchmark of the DYM's. I look forward to reading your diary.
    Posted by MilitantG
    Thank you Miltant see ya on the tables good luck with your year.
  • edited January 2015

Hi all yesterday's results :

Dym = - £37
    Tourney = - £121
    Points = 1405
    Hours = 10

Total = - £158

So first losing day of the year still no cash in any Main or mini this year defiantly want that to change soon. But had a pretty stead week on the Dyms + £318 and 4256 points avg 1067 a day. Got the Sng Team sky poker update 2day really not sure where I will be in the table but im hoping for top10 then go abit harder next week. Time to get some sleep then back to the grind bout 12ish.

• edited January 2015

Looks like plenty of the lads will be at the UKPC Mini - cant wait, & hopefully, I'll see you all there. 
  • edited January 2015
    Best of luck to one of the few Sky regs I actually respect. It'd be good to bump into you at DTD sometime.