You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Best of luck to one of the few Sky regs I actually respect. It'd be good to bump into you at DTD sometime.
    Posted by patwalshh
    Thank you Pat same to you. Are you going to that Newcastle trip?
  • edited January 2015

Echo other posts about looking forward to this, always good to hear about the trials and tribulations of the higher rollers and hope the results keep coming for you.

I'm surprised it's possible to make that much from 6-max DYM games, didn't realise the high stakes even ran with such frequency, but am sure there will be a handful of people that get inspired by this to try and inch up to a similar level of winning!

• edited January 2015
    Echo other posts about looking forward to this, always good to hear about the trials and tribulations of the higher rollers and hope the results keep coming for you. I'm surprised it's possible to make that much from 6-max DYM games, didn't realise the high stakes even ran with such frequency, but am sure there will be a handful of people that get inspired by this to try and inch up to a similar level of winning!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Hi Shakinaces cool message Thank you.
    Yeah you can easily play 50-60 £22-£33 games a day + £55 when we get them running.
  • edited January 2015
    Gl with this mate, we have come across each other many times on the tables and your always a tough player, gl :)
  • edited January 2015
    Will read with interest. I'll be back playing tonight on the DYMs. Not played for a couple of weeks so be gentle with me, could well be rusty :).

Gl & see you on the baize later....
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you goodylad cya on the tables.
    Hope you've had a nice break.
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck Timmy, I know we've played a lot together.

I'd kind of echo what AJS said earlier. Yes 15k from a hobby is brilliant, but as a full time job it's probably below average. That said you are at home with your parents and have the perfect chance to give it a go so I don't blame you at all. Again referring to AJS, he said he bought a few houses in his peak which is exactly what it's about. I don't know how long you plan on doing this, but you won't get a mortgage while you are a full time pro, so if you want to move out and not be a mid 30 year old still living at home then you need to quickly whip up a couple of hundred grand!

Genuinely good luck doing it (apart from when you're in a hand with me) and I hope it goes well, but my advice is be prepared to go back to making it a hobby or build up to the higher stakes.
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck Timmy, I know we've played a lot together. I'd kind of echo what AJS said earlier. Yes 15k from a hobby is brilliant, but as a full time job it's probably below average. That said you are at home with your parents and have the perfect chance to give it a go so I don't blame you at all. Again referring to AJS, he said he bought a few houses in his peak which is exactly what it's about. I don't know how long you plan on doing this, but you won't get a mortgage while you are a full time pro, so if you want to move out and not be a mid 30 year old still living at home then you need to quickly whip up a couple of hundred grand! Genuinely good luck doing it (apart from when you're in a hand with me) and I hope it goes well, but my advice is be prepared to go back to making it a hobby or build up to the higher stakes.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thank you Flashflush cya on the tables
  • edited January 2015
    live the dream sunshine, and all the best of luck
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck sir all the best for 2015 :) 
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck sir all the best for 2015 :) 
    Posted by Special101
    Thank you special101 and 1281.
  • edited January 2015
    best of luck with this mate, 

do you have goals for say 5 years time? as opposed to just a yearly goal...

and how much would you have to miss your target by for you to give up with being pro?

not trying to sound negative just curious as to whether you have any back up plans or alternative ideas etc

• edited January 2015
    best of luck with this mate,  do you have goals for say 5 years time? as opposed to just a yearly goal... and how much would you have to miss your target by for you to give up with being pro? not trying to sound negative just curious as to whether you have any back up plans or alternative ideas etc
    Posted by jordz16
    That's cool appreciate your question.
    Hmm well obviously the plan is to have many successful years online and live but worst case scenario im very close to my uncle and he has a couple of successful discount shops and hes always said I have a job whenever I want it. If I was under £10k I would have to re think things.
  • edited January 2015
    Yesterday's Play :

Dym = - £93
    Tourney = - £13
    Points = 1026
    Hours = 11

Total = - £106

Again no results in tourney £0 £0 in both but I did sat in the Main.
    Dyms played 46 games losted £120 on £55 games.
    Another solid points day on course for 30k for month + got the Sky Team poker leaderboard up which im 6th at the moment which is worth £300 but got a few players close behind so will be grinding hard next few days but really enjoying the promo so will be grinding very hard all month.

2nd losing day in a row which puts me - £24 down for month so looking for a +day 2day.
    Time for sleep.
  • edited January 2015

Hello mate,
     Well done on your first year of being a pro. I`m sure a lot of people have fell at the first hurdle many of times and are back to grinding jobs they don't love so keep up the great work.

Having know you very well I know your very focused, very determined and business minded so I am sure when the right opportunity comes up you will take it and be successful.

I don't believe you've had no where near your fair share of luck yet but I know that will come sooner rather than later!

Im told and believe "the harder you work the luckier you get" so keep working hard and in year 4,5,6 if your still working hard your poker will still be giving you the quality of lifestyle you wish for.

Thanks for all the help with my game and if it wasn't for you I would probably/most definatley be in debt know :) So thankyou mate.

Best wishes for 2015!! BINK A BIG LIVE ONE and keep grinding sky poker and make a living doing something you love

• edited January 2015
    Good luck with your crack at going pro better to have a go than look back wondering if you could have made it.
    Be good to see your results grinding the higher levels of DYM's,oftern wondered how much someone could make.
    Q-I have noticed you reg for the games first a lot,do you table select much or are they mainly reg filled at the higher levels.

Ps that was just greedy hitting two aces last night.

Cya @ the tables later
  • edited January 2015
    Hello mate,  Well done on your first year of being a pro. I`m sure a lot of people have fell at the first hurdle many of times and are back to grinding jobs they don't love so keep up the great work.  Having know you very well I know your very focused, very determined and business minded so I am sure when the right opportunity comes up you will take it and be successful.  I don't believe you've had no where near your fair share of luck yet but I know that will come sooner rather than later!  Im told and believe "the harder you work the luckier you get" so keep working hard and in year 4,5,6 if your still working hard your poker will still be giving you the quality of lifestyle you wish for.    Thanks for all the help with my game and if it wasn't for you I would probably/most definatley be in debt know :) So thankyou mate. Best wishes for 2015!! BINK A BIG LIVE ONE and keep grinding sky poker and make a living doing something you love
    Posted by kgee
    Hi Kgee Quality message thanks for that means a lot and I also believe you've helped me last 2 years so I hope you can have a big year 2.
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck with your crack at going pro better to have a go than look back wondering if you could have made it. Be good to see your results grinding the higher levels of DYM's,oftern wondered how much someone could make. Q-I have noticed you reg for the games first a lot,do you table select much or are they mainly reg filled at the higher levels. Ps that was just greedy hitting two aces last night. Cya @ the tables later
    Posted by frascati
    Hi Frascati thank you for your message.
    When I use to play cash I use table select a lot but with Dym's im a lot more confident with my game so with £11 £22 £33 I will just sit and down and play. But if feel im not playing my best and £55 games has 4 good regs I would give that a miss.
    Do u play Dym's?
  • edited January 2015
    Yes I do play DYM's I was sat next to you last night when u bubbled me,your A6 into my Kk!!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Yes I do play DYM's I was sat next to you last night when u bubbled me,your A6 into my Kk!!!!
    Posted by frascati
    Oh right yeah I remember now vul with that hand. Gl on the tables!
  • edited January 2015
    Heya Timmyrara gd luck this year

I've started playing a few more dyms recently.. I'm interested to know yr opinions on a few things, like how wide would u shove bvb 10bb~ deep? I've shoved a few raggy kings and got snapped by aceX/worse.. I'm not sure if I should be shoving those hands?

Also how do u deal with losing a few in a row? cos it kinda tilts me when I lose 2-3 in a row (when multi-tabling) like I don't mind if I lose a stack at cash but something abt dyms annoys me when I lose a few.. any advice?
  • edited January 2015
    also do you think my shove w KJs was profitable over a limp or two (u may not remember the hand but u had QQ in the sb)? I had abt 10bb
  • edited January 2015
    also do you think my shove w KJs was profitable over a limp or two (u may not remember the hand but u had QQ in the sb)? I had abt 10bb
    Posted by Scrivener

Hi Scrivener with tilt I think only you can help with that. The only time I tilt is if I feel im playing bad and making bad decisions but if bad beats happen that doesn't really get to me as long as im making the right decisions and getting my money in good I just move on to the next hand. With tourneys shoving wide with 10bb is obviously fine but with Dym I feel you don't have to do that until were down to like 4-6 bb. Try and write down notes on the tighter players with a good stack and the loose players with big stacks then we no who we can shove wide on or not.
    I like your Kj jam your just vul I have QQ there some dym players who limp are traping but most of time you will take it down and they will fold again. Just keep writing small notes on players will help.

• edited January 2015

Tuesday 6th Jan 2015 Results :

Dym = + £174
    Tourneys = + £7
    Points = 1030
    Hours = 8

Total = + £181

Happy to get back to a + day played 62 Dym games £5 £11 £22 no £55 today.
    Still 6th in the Sng Team sky promo but a lot of the top10 players are all playing Hyper HU games which im not the best at so mite have dropped a few places 2morrow but im target for week was top10.
    Tourney I managed my 1st cashof the year in the Main £11 Turbo Top 73 got payed I came ........72nd wiiiiiiiii for £24 sadly no cash in the Mini.
    Not playing much during the day 2morrow as im going out with the family to Skeggy something to do with my dad's business mite see if they want to play credit card roulette with the Fish n Chips dinner.

So back to the grind 2morrow nite for the Re buy Tourneys.
    Nite all.

• edited January 2015

Wednesday 7th Jan 2015 Results :

Dym = + £96
    Hyper HU = - £21
    Points = 1350
    Hours = 7

Total = + £75

So £75 profit 2day feels a lot bigger because I was down - £150 - £200 on dyms at I point.
    Didn't play the Main or mini 2nite as It was the last nite of the 1st week of the Team sky poker promo so just grinded dyms all nite I was 7th this morning but not sure where I will be 2morrow as everyone in Top 10 has been playing Hyper HU I tried 2 lost both I really don't enjoy them and im not the best at them so im gonna stick to Dym's.
    Time for some sleep nite all.

• edited January 2015
    Enjoying your diary Timmy.

GL in 2015 and I'm sure I'll bump into at a live event sometime.

Run well,

James
  • edited January 2015
    Enjoying your diary Timmy. GL in 2015 and I'm sure I'll bump into at a live event sometime. Run well, James
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thank you Donttelmum be cool to have a chat at a live event. Me and my sky mate KGEE think your a ledge for how many points u usually smash.
    GL for 2015
  • edited January 2015
    im suprised cash wasnt going too well for you, you always seemed plenty good enough to make a living at 100nl. gl with the sng's and mtts tho.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi nmipeis thanks for the message. Hows the 100nl treating you? I made money on 100nl but I wasn't really enjoying it grinding 6-10 hour sessions like I can on my Dyms so wasn't getting a good bonus. I was only hitting like 10-15k points a month but now im getting +30k months.
    So im really happy with the move.
    Hope you have a good 2015.
  • edited January 2015
    Just popped in to say hi and GL.

Enjoying the diary.

What is your take on the TSP SNG promo? I see you picked up a nice bonus.

Some insane numbers up top. Do you think you'd be able to go for top spot?

RankPoker AliasLeague PointsPrize
    1NUTTER593234704£1,000 UKPC Main Event Seat
    2EVILPINGU26307£500
    3NICKD4993112705£450
    4CAGEF8TER712495£400
    5PMARSH12330£350
    6IH8PALACE11040£300
    7BENC10650£250
    8TIMMYRARA10068£200
    9ALVEZ119450£150
    10QWTF_GMAN9060£100