You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Tuesday 27th January 2015 Results :

Dym = + £102
    Tourney = + £35
    Points = 905
    Hours = 8

Total = + £137

Hi all nice steady 1st day back Dym's was nice and steady.
    Tourneys Mini no cash but £4 in heads but finished 15th in the Main for £48.
    Gonna grind a little bit 2day but then heading to Peterborough Showcase cinema 2nite to watch THE GAMBLER and abit of food.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Hi Timmy, we have played in £11 DYM's a few times. Very interested to hear you story. My current job is always on a knife edge and I am not sure if I lost it I could be bothered with getting another one at my age (52) so over Christmas I gave a lot of thought to doing what you are doing. I currently play most days maybe 2 hours and make money grinding away so maybe I could get the same results as you. I will watch your results closely. Not sure my missus loved the idea but hey. Good luck and see you on the tables.
    Posted by Buttonoli
    Hi Buttonoli I had a look on your sharkscope you have nice steady stats. have u every tried £22 games?
    If you've got a little bit of savings maybe give it ago for 6months.
    Good luck Sir
  • edited January 2015
    I have a question, dont want to get to personal, but obviously everyone has bills to pay assuming that every once in a while you have a losing month(s), what kind of things so you do personally to ensure that you are covered for this? Do you dip into your BR? Or is it a case of having another winnings previously to cover you until you turn it back around. 
    Posted by RLT16
    Hi Chris mc Nuggy and RLT thanks for your messages.
    I have a £5k bankroll for my Sky Account then if im above that at end of month that's my wages.
    If I have losing month I have years worth of bill money in a separate bank account.
    I also keep my Live poker money separate aswell.
    Hope this all helps.
  • edited January 2015
    Wednesday 28th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £248
    Tourney = - £72
    Sky Promo =+ £615
    Points = 1125
    Hours = 8

Total = + £295

Hi all tough day yesterday even thou we had a + £295 day. Dym's were tough could never get ahead all day then losted my last 4/5 games. Tourney's were going ok in both but ran set over set in both main and mini so nothing I could do there. 2 weeks ago I finally received my iPhone 6 plus after winning it late December in the Advent calendar promo so I put it on Ebay after fees etc I came out with £615 nice bonus to the month. Up bout £1k at the moment with 3 days to go so on course for a +£2k month.
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    Wednesday 28th January 2015 Results : Dym = - £248 Tourney = - £72 Sky Promo =+ £615 Points = 1125 Hours = 8 Total = + £295 Hi all tough day yesterday even thou we had a + £295 day. Dym's were tough could never get ahead all day then losted my last 4/5 games. Tourney's were going ok in both but ran set over set in both main and mini so nothing I could do there. 2 weeks ago I finally received my iPhone 6 plus after winning it late December in the Advent calendar promo so I put it on Ebay after fees etc I came out with £615 nice bonus to the month. Up bout £1k at the moment with 3 days to go so on course for a +£2k month.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Hi Timmy

regularly read your post. my dream job if i was as good as you.

Did you sell the iphone & Itune vouchers together? the reason is i won one too and at present i've got it on Gumtree and the best offer for the phone has been £500. is it worth putting on Ebay even with there high charges.

Run Good

Darryn
  • edited January 2015
    Good Stuff!
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Ty sir
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi Timmy regularly read your post. my dream job if i was as good as you. Did you sell the iphone & Itune vouchers together? the reason is i won one too and at present i've got it on Gumtree and the best offer for the phone has been £500. is it worth putting on Ebay even with there high charges. Run Good Darryn
    Posted by darryn1973
    Hi bud thanks for your message. Well im pretty poor on ebay so I got my mate to do it and someone offered me £680 so I took that and yeah it was with the iTunes vouchers. I gave my mate £30 for doing it aswell.
  • edited January 2015
    Hey man.Been readin this for a while now but never posted.Sort of lurkin in the shadows.Generally dont post on a lot of others threads due to having nothing more constructive to add to whats already there.However,a quick question man if you dont mind.Doin what you do,how do you find the transition from dyms to tourneys?Ive tried dyms in the past but tbh,they do my nut in in comparison to tourneys lol.Love bhs and dabble in a wee bit of cash(poorly i might add).Been reasonably successful at the small stakes bhs but eventually go on a spree at cash way above my br,then its back to square one(#sadface).Done this so many times it ridiculous.My query is,is it easy to separate the 2 disciplines or is it a case of being able  to grind the dyms alongside tourneys and be done with it.
    Sorry for the ramble lol
    Paul
  • edited February 2015

Thursday 29th - Saturday 31st January Results :

Dym = + £61
    Sky Promo = + £20
    Points = 440
    Points for month = 30385
    Points Bonus = + £908

Live poker :
    Tourney = + £643
    Cash = - £11
    % = - £20
    Expenses =- £51

Hours = 23

Total = + £1550

Hi all im back. So I only played abit online during these days I was happy with how the month was going so decided I was gonna finish the month playing live at my local pub game where we get about 15-25 players at times good people there so some good banter. On Saturday as I didn't have a footy match me and Kgee decided to have a ride down to DTD I was gonna play in the £110 Big game turbo at 2 and the the final day was at 5. Starting stack was 50k I made to the final day with 130k where the blinds went back to 600/1200 so loads of play in this tourney 30min clock 98 players left 20 got paid.
    I Managed to Final table but sadly finished 9th I was low the stack going in with 10bb losted 2 races. Very tough FT local players WADEY CHINESE FRANKIE AND JACK ALLEN but got £675 £7k up top sigh!!
    MONTLY RESULTS UPDATE NEXT!

• edited February 2015

January 2015 Results :

Online :

Dym = + £242
    Tourney = - £149
    HU = - £201
    Promo = + £1005
    Points = 30385
    Points Bonus = + £908
    DTD cash/sats = - £430

Live :

Tourney = + £1386
    Cash = + £3
    % = - £95
    Expenses = - £86

Hours = 230

Total = + £2583

So overall a very good start to the year.
    Highs for me was my live success 2 deep runs at Dusk till dawn in the Grand prix 28th ( Ukpc seat ) and the Big game 9th.
    Lows for me was playing HU because of team sky poker promo and losing on cash on DTD'S site instead of using the money Sats.

February 2015 :

So the aim for online pretty much the same not gonna grind super hard my target is to hit 20k points and haven't had a to many MAIN FT'S for long time so im gonna put a target of 2.

Ive also just started staking my best friend KGEE a solid small stakes player. His reason he wanted to be staked was to improve his bankroll management so with all the rules I give him I think its gonna help him a lot. You will see him playing tourneys £1-£11 and Dym's £5-£10 Wish him good luck in chat box he likes to chat to players.

Live weve got a lot going on I just started playing my local poker league game on Thursday's last 12 weeks good laugh down there. Hoping to sat into the £300 Deepstack at DTD this weekend then after that its the UKPC Mini and the big one UKPC Main which I cant wait for that.

Hope Your all enjoying the diary.

• edited February 2015

Sunday 1st February - Tuesday 3rd February Results :

Dym = - £29
    Tourney = - £162
    DTD Online =- £102
    Points = 1335
    Hours = 12

Total = - £293

Hi all slow start to the month played a little bit Sunday maybe shouldn't of played Main and mini as I was still tired from Saturday nite's live action. I had Monday off yesterday was a losing day bubbled the DTD SAT for £300 deepstack will try one more 2nite.
    + day wanted 2day!!

• edited February 2015
    Wednesday 4th February 2015 Results :

Dym = - £9
    Tourney = - £116
    DTD Online = £100
    Points = 815
    Hours =    8

Total = - £225

Hi all sadly another losing day for Feb that's 3 in a row. Again I just missed out on the £300 Deepstack 4 off the seats so done my £200 budget on that Tourney now. - £116 on my Rebuy
    tourneys not good came nowhere near the money. Just my usually Dym grind 2day then off to my local poker league 2nite. Lets see if I can get my 1st + day of FEB.
  • edited February 2015
    Long time reader & lurker.  Enjoy reading & GL in 2015.
  • edited February 2015
    Long time reader & lurker.  Enjoy reading & GL in 2015.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thank you glenelg
  • edited February 2015
    Thursday 5th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £59

Live poker -

Tourney = - £8
    Cash = + £23
    Expenses = - £14

Hours = 8

Total = + £35

Hi all only a small + day but I will take it hoping to finish the week with 3 more + days.
    No live poker this weekend gonna grind hard online get the month back on track.

• edited February 2015
    Friday 6th - Sunday 8th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £126
    Tourney = - £144
    Stars = - £5
    Points = 7050
    Hours = 23

Total = - £23

Hi all so just grinded at home over the weekend. Pretty poor start to this month currently down - £506 so the next 2 weeks gonna get my finger out grind hard and get this month back on track.
  • edited February 2015

Monday 9th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £152
    Tourney = - £37
    Points = 1381
    Hours = 8

Total = + £115

Hi all now nice to get a + day in hopefully to push on now for the month.
    Starting to hit abit on form on DYMS.
    Looking forward to Turbo tourneys 2nite and the Mini Priority Freeroll.

• edited February 2015
    Nice work Timmy.  Keep up the good work buddy.
  • edited February 2015
    Really Enjoyed reading this Timmy would love some interesting hands if possible, Havent played DYMs properly for a while good to see you're still crushing it
  • edited February 2015
    Tuesday 10th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £170
    Tourney = - £29
    Points = 1235
    Hours = 7

Total = + £141

Hi all managed to put another solid day in.
    Dym's went well back in the top 20 on sharkscope.
    Tourney's early exit in the mini MAIN just missed out 10 off the money and 2 off the money in the Priority freeroll. Looking for a deep run in the re buys 2nite!
    Thank you donttelmum and JJJOHNSON
  • edited February 2015
    Wednesday 11th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £106
    Points = 585
    Hours = 7

Total = + £106

Hi all another solid day.
    Gave tourneys a miss as I went out with family so just a Dym day. 
    Just another Dym day as im going to my local poker league.
  • edited February 2015
    Thursday 12th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £206
    Points = 540

Live poker :

Tourney = - £17
    Cash = + £5
    Expenses = - £5

Hours = 10

Total = + £189

Hi all managed another solid day.
    Dym's are going really well at the moment.
    No good in the live tourney at my local league we usually get 20-22 runners and its a 12 week league and I think im about 5th with about 7 weeks to go. Finally in profit for the month now so looking to push on now and finish with another solid month. Gonna grind dym's 2day and play the main and mini 2morrow me and my mate KGEE are going to play the UKPC MINI at dusk till dawn and then gonna have a big sunday grind. Have a good weekend all speak Monday.

• edited February 2015
    Friday 13th - Sunday 15th February Results :

Dym = + £107
    Tourney = = - £236
    Points = 4543

Live Poker -

Tourney = - £220
    Cash = + £48
    Expenses = - £36

Hours = 27

Total = - £337

Hi all not the best weekend down bout - £300 for the month again.
    Dym's still going fine doing quite well in the sharkscope leaderboards.
    Tourney's again not success need to get my finger out on them.
    Went down DTD with my mate kgee sadly no good did 2 bullets in the ukpc mini couldn't really get going in either 1 losted 2 big flips In both. Grinded cash 1/1 for 2 hours after enjoyed it only made + £48 but did fold KK in a big pot which I got right so could of losted £200.
    Plan for the week is gonna grind all week online then have a couple of days off next Monday and Tuesday ready for the UKPC MAIN.
  • edited February 2015

Monday 16th February 2105 Results :

Dym = + £338
    Tourney = - £58
    Points = 871
    Hours = 7

Total = + £280

Hi all had a better day online yesterday.
    Dym's went very well I think my biggest winning nite on them this year.
    Tourney's bubbled a couple of sats for the Main and £2.5k BH then no cash or heads in the main and mini.
    Turbo 2nite + Main Priority freeroll last month came 2nd so looking for another deep run.

• edited February 2015
    Good luck with this buddy , on target to smash your profit goals so keep it up!
  • edited February 2015
    Tuesday 17th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £122
    Tourney
    = Even
    Points = 1005
    Hours = 7

Total = + £122

Hi all another good day.
    Dym's again went very well £55 games are running quite often these days which always nice.
    Tourney main cashed for bout £27 I think losted a big flip QQ vs AK for 120k pot with 70 left  which was pretty annoying. Another early exit in the mini and bubbled the £12 sat for £2.5k BH again. Looking forward to a deep run in the Rebuys 2nite!
  • edited February 2015
    Tuesday 17th February 2015 Results : Dym = + £122 Tourney = Even Points = 1005 Hours = 7 Total = + £122 Hi all another good day. Dym's again went very well £55 games are running quite often these days which always nice. Tourney main cashed for bout £27 I think losted a big flip QQ vs AK for 120k pot with 70 left  which was pretty annoying. Another early exit in the mini and bubbled the £12 sat for £2.5k BH again. Looking forward to a deep run in the Rebuys 2nite!
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    A good set of steady results in DYM's as expected, what are you going to do going forward to improve your MTT results or are you going to stick with playing more DYM's?

Also, could you add your month's profit/loss total so far on your daily summaries, makes it interesting seeing how close you are to your target for each month.

Best of luck and keep it up mate, seems as though your 2nd year is heading for a nice steady profit.
  • edited February 2015
    Wednesday 18th February 2015 Results :

Dym = + £252
    Tourney = - £62
    Points = 790
    Hours = 10

Total = + £190

Hi all another solid day.
    Dym's are still going great addicted to looking at Sharkscope leaderboards at the minute lol.
    Tourney's again no cash in either main and mini and just missed a seat by 2 again for the £2.5k BH. Little bit worried about my tourney results any ideas out there?
    Hi SUPERSNEDD I like that idea and will do that from 2day it will always be at the bottom of the post. So gonna miss my local poker league 2nite so just gonna do my normal 2nite and grind hard online.

TOTAL FOR MONTH =
    + £300
  • edited February 2015
    So gonna miss my local poker league 2nite so just gonna do my normal 2nite and grind hard online. 
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Bit too cold and wet out to be leaving the house tonight - unless you have some crazily warm outer-wear!