You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Just popped in to say hi and GL. Enjoying the diary. What is your take on the TSP SNG promo? I see you picked up a nice bonus. Some insane numbers up top. Do you think you'd be able to go for top spot? Rank Poker Alias League Points Prize 1 NUTTER5932 34704 £1,000 UKPC Main Event Seat 2 EVILPINGU 26307 £500 3 NICKD49931 12705 £450 4 CAGEF8TER7 12495 £400 5 PMARSH 12330 £350 6 IH8PALACE 11040 £300 7 BENC 10650 £250 8 TIMMYRARA 10068 £200 9 ALVEZ11 9450 £150 10 QWTF_GMAN 9060 £100
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hi Phantom66 thanks for the message.
    Really enjoying this promo I said at start of week my aim was top10 so I was happy with 8th + im the only 1 not playing HU hypers where you can play a lot more games in a hour to my Dym but im not confident with HU so im gonna stay clear.
    My target for this week is 14000 TSP points so hoping for top4.
  • edited January 2015
    It was good to sit with you on a few tables during the SNG grind, Timmy. Well done on your prize.

Onwards and upwards.
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks Slipwater cool message especially from a sky ledge.
  • edited January 2015
    Thursday 8th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £56
    Tourney = - £13
    Points = 1511
    Hours = 9

Total = - £69

So a losing day 2day played 68 Dyms didn't play my best at times 2day so looking for a better performance 2morrow. Managed to win seat to the Main for £7 but sadly no cash or no head same for mini I suck at tourneys at the min. Got the results of the 1st week of Team sky poker promo I came 8th £200 10068 points. 2nd week started 2day so gonna grind hard all week really loving this promo my target is 16000 points so were see where that puts is in the league.
     Nite all see ya on tables later.
  • edited January 2015
    What stakes are you playing atm?
  • edited January 2015
    What stakes are you playing atm?
    Posted by hhamza162
    Hi hhamza162 how's the cash tables treating ya?
    Im playing £11 £22 £33 and £55 Dym's
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim I'm a regular reader. Good luck with this diary and your poker year. If i could earn 14K a year i'd happily pack up work. 
    Good luck at the tables.
  • edited January 2015
    Not too bad thank you! Ah right cool does that get you much points? No cash atm or you still playing 100nl?
  • edited January 2015

Friday 9th January 2015 Results :

Dym = + £246
    Tourney = + £13
    Sky Promo = + £200
    Points = 1911
    Hours = 10

Total = + £455

So Friday was my biggest + day of the month felt I grinded and played well in my Dyms.
    Managed to cash in both Main and mini just a min cash in the main 0 heads so just £31 but the mini I went deeper by coming 12th for £17 + £11 in heads. Also received my £200 for Team sky poker promo so a really good day overall.

Had my 1st Saturday league football game 2day horrible conditions but we got a 3-0 win.
    So im gonna have a bit of tea then its back to work same routine Main mini and Dyms.

• edited January 2015
    Hi Tim I'm a regular reader. Good luck with this diary and your poker year. If i could earn 14K a year i'd happily pack up work.  Good luck at the tables.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thank you for reading my diary Spinky early doors but im really enjoying it.
    and Hhhamza I don't play any online cash just my Dyms.
  • edited January 2015
    Saturday 10th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £183
    Tourney = - £39
    HU = - £176
    Points = 935
    Hours = 8

Total = - £399

So biggest winning day of month yesterday but biggest losing day of month 2day bad times.
    Played 34 Dyms no cash in either main or mini. But when the dym games slowed down abit I decided to play some HU and it don't work it out im really not good on them so back to my Dym's 2morrow. So after 2day im only up + £137 for month but we've still got the 3 promo weeks and potentially 30k + points so still on track for a good month. Time we for sleep ready for a big grind 2morrow.
  • edited January 2015

Actually im up + £219 not £137 so abit better.

• ommomm
    edited January 2015
    Actually im up + £219 not £137 so abit better.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Hi Timmy

can I ask what, if any, adjustments you are making when playing the Main/mini vs playing your normal grind of DYM's. Also do u have study sessions or is it all grinding?

(Sorry I haven't read the whole diary so these may have been asked before) 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Hi all Timmyrara here I always wanted to start a diary on Sky poker so here we go. My name is Tim Rowland im 27 years old from Boston ( Not in America ) in Lincolnshire. Out of poker I pretty much love all sports but mainly Football big Man u fan love my Box sets my favourites are Sopranos Breaking Bad and the Wire and i love a good drink with the lads. I fell in love with poker when I was 15/16 coming home from youth club on Friday nites slapping channel 4 on and watching Late nite poker and ive been hooked ever since. 4 years ago I started writing down every live and online session into a diary so I could show my family I wasn't a crazy gambler and I actually made money from my hobby. I always wanted to go Full time but the timing never felt right but Dec 13 I thought im not married and have no kids why not give it ago had a good talk with family and in Feb 2014 I was Full time I just missed my target for the year but still made a ok wage so overall I was happy. Started grinding 100nl 6-8 tables plus some tourneys. 1st 5 months went fine on cash but then seemed to hit brick wall for like 2 months so for the last 4 months I moved to Dyms £11-£55 I finished the year nicely with 4 solid months. My targets for 2015 are : Online Top 10 leaderboard on Sharkscope for Sngs Top 20 leaderboard on Sharkscope for Tourneys. Avg 25k - 30k points a month on Sky. Live Play more £100 + tourneys at Dusk till dawn Try sats to play to GPS Tour Gukpt and Sky events Im not a greedy person so my target for the year will be the same as last year £15k - £20k overall profit just missed it last year so with it being my 2nd year bit my more experience behind me im confident I will get there. Im not saying this is gonna be a crazy exciting diary im just a normal lad from a small town who loves poker and loves talking about poker and oh yeah im trying to make it my job. I will try and post daily hope you enjoy and thank you for reading.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Hi Timmy

This diary is probably the most interesting thing that I have read on here for some time.

First of all, I wish you the very best of luck in achieving what you want.

My question relates to the highlighted part above. Can you provide the template that you use to record your results if it is different to the information that you provide in other posts.

Thank you

Mike (Maggiesdad)
  • edited January 2015
    Cool. Good luck on the tables wish you the very best!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim,
    Unlucky day Saturday mate, I'm sure you will bounce back though, guess these are the days that test you & where you need that good bankroll to help with the blow.
    I've moved up to the £5 level quite recently...(again  lol), & am beginning to find my feet..at long last  :)
    I am finding good table selection to be helping along with a fair share of good luck right now :) & was wondering if this is possible at the higher levels or are there so few players & tables that you have to take what's going & have to play the reg's day in & day out, & simply have to learn how to play against them.
    many thanks in advance,
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited January 2015
    proper gentleman at the tables :) good luck
  • edited January 2015

Sunday 11th January 2015 Results :

Dym = + £141
    Tourney = - £111
    Points = 2020
    Hours = 12

Total =  + £30

So I wanted a + day 2day after yesterday's results so even thou it was only £30 I will take that. Played a lot £55 dyms through the session nice when there running regular hopefully this will happen more this year and also played £11 £22 TSP dyms putting me in 8th in the table at the moment with 3 more days to go. In the main I finished 20 off the money ran my 15bigs into AA with my AK I also tried a £24 sat into the main but missed that aswell but with the mini I managed to come 17th for £34. Gonna grind for a few hours now while watching the snooker then nip for a Racketball game then back for a long grind 7 till the early hours.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi Timmy can I ask what, if any, adjustments you are making when playing the Main/mini vs playing your normal grind of DYM's. Also do u have study sessions or is it all grinding? (Sorry I haven't read the whole diary so these may have been asked before) 
    Posted by omm
    Hi omm sorry for the late reply. Yeah I would say there is massive adjustments when my Main and mini start because tourney and Dym are so different so I reduce my dyms to just 4 tables on 1 screen and then main and mini on the other the other screen. Hmm im very confident with my Dym game but if I feel im playing really bad I will go back and review sort on spots I got wrong etc.
    Thanks for the message.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Tim, Unlucky day Saturday mate, I'm sure you will bounce back though, guess these are the days that test you & where you need that good bankroll to help with the blow. I've moved up to the £5 level quite recently...(again  lol), & am beginning to find my feet..at long last  :) I am finding good table selection to be helping along with a fair share of good luck right now :) & was wondering if this is possible at the higher levels or are there so few players & tables that you have to take what's going & have to play the reg's day in & day out, & simply have to learn how to play against them. many thanks in advance, best wishes, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi devonfish5 thanks for the message. Yeah Saturday was a blow but it doesn't really get to me these days I have over 100 buyins for the games I play so I feel that helps a lot I just move on to the next I try and respond well. Hmm well with £11 - £33 games I will just sit down and play but if I see 3-4 good regs in a £55 game I sometimes give that a miss.
    Hows your £5 dyms going ?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi Timmy This diary is probably the most interesting thing that I have read on here for some time. First of all, I wish you the very best of luck in achieving what you want. My question relates to the highlighted part above. Can you provide the template that you use to record your results if it is different to the information that you provide in other posts. Thank you Mike (Maggiesdad)
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Hi Maggiesdad thanks for the message means a lot. About 4 years ago my dad always kept asking are you up or down for the year I but all I could say was I honestly don't no because I don't keep records I just deposit either lose or cashout. My dad would never stop asking me so I thought im gonna use my savings give myself a bankroll + a diary and write down every game live, online, home game or even a game down the pub and I haven't missed a day since. I feel it gives really good discipline because who wants to write down a big losing day in your dairy or a losing month etc + really nice to look back through the years. The template is pretty much what you see on here but I will have a weekly update and then go through all my games to see what we won or lose on during the month and then tally it all up.
    Hope this helps and thanks again for your message.
  • edited January 2015
    proper gentleman at the tables :) good luck
    Posted by imhardwork
    Thank you imhardwork Same back to you.
  • edited January 2015
    Just caught up with that, dont really go on forum here anymore.

Re: Heads up, maybe you need to drop down the stakes first to learn them, although hypers are such high variance i wouldnt recommend them just stick to what your doing as you seem to be making a nice profit and putting the volume in.

GL sir
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi devonfish5 thanks for the message. Yeah Saturday was a blow but it doesn't really get to me these days I have over 100 buyins for the games I play so I feel that helps a lot I just move on to the next I try and respond well. Hmm well with £11 - £33 games I will just sit down and play but if I see 3-4 good regs in a £55 game I sometimes give that a miss. Hows your £5 dyms going ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Thanks Tim,
    won 21/22 from my £5 games so on a nice run & getting close to recording £100 profit from them, which is nice.
    my record so far from my effort playing them this time is WON 321  LOST 246.
    my b/r is £700 right now so feel comfortable playing them now, & will think about trying the £11's when that reaches £1000.(knowing me though, probably only think about it & end up backing down, ha ha..deffo won't be playing if yourself or johnconnor are anywhere to be seen either, lol)
    like youurself I believe in having a minimum 100 buy-ins for each level before moving up. -:)
    it's interesting that you sometimes give the £55's a miss if there are 3-4 good reg's... btw I don't blame you...I would  lol
    so that would lead me to believe you should or at least could do the same with the £11 to £33 games, unless of course these players are not as good, or you feel you have an adge on them.
    obviously I realise you have to play a certain number of games to reach your poker points target you set yourself, so would I be right in thinking that even against what must be quite good players at these levels, you are perhaps willing to sacrifice your win rate slightly in order to reach your points target, which I guess must offset that.
  • edited January 2015
    Monday 12th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £183
    Tourney = - £39
    DTD Online = + £123
    Points = 1275
    Hours = 9

Total = - £99

So a bad day on Dyms and main and mini no cashes in either. As you can see I played on DTD'S website the reason for that is im playing the GRAND PRIX tourney so I make a deposit for sats and a little bit of cash. So I played abit of 50nl 1 table I just grinded for about 3-4 so happy with the + £123 so I have a buy in already for it so will play a little bit more on there 2nite and im gonna play my 1st day1 attempt 2morrow nite. So im looking for a decent + day to get my month back on track.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Thanks Tim, won 21/22 from my £5 games so on a nice run & getting close to recording £100 profit from them, which is nice. my record so far from my effort playing them this time is WON 321  LOST 246. my b/r is £700 right now so feel comfortable playing them now, & will think about trying the £11's when that reaches £1000.(knowing me though, probably only think about it & end up backing down, ha ha..deffo won't be playing if yourself or johnconnor are anywhere to be seen either, lol) like youurself I believe in having a minimum 100 buy-ins for each level before moving up. -:) it's interesting that you sometimes give the £55's a miss if there are 3-4 good reg's... btw I don't blame you...I would  lol so that would lead me to believe you should or at least could do the same with the £11 to £33 games, unless of course these players are not as good, or you feel you have an adge on them. obviously I realise you have to play a certain number of games to reach your poker points target you set yourself, so would I be right in thinking that even against what must be quite good players at these levels, you are perhaps willing to sacrifice your win rate slightly in order to reach your points target, which I guess must offset that.
    Posted by devonfish5[/QUOT

Hi devonfish there nice stats and your spot on with your bankroll there keep them little rules bout moving up and down and your be fine. I do like to hit my 30k points a month so i do just sit and down with my £11 - £33 games so i can guarantee my points.
  • edited January 2015
    Just caught up with that, dont really go on forum here anymore. Re: Heads up, maybe you need to drop down the stakes first to learn them, although hypers are such high variance i wouldnt recommend them just stick to what your doing as you seem to be making a nice profit and putting the volume in. GL sir
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thank you Young gun good advice
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks Tim,
    yes, pretty much thought that was the case for you.
    hope your luck improves today,
    gl
    dev
  • edited January 2015
    Tuesday 13th January 2015 Results :

Dym = - £226
    Tourney = - £17
    DTD online = - £210
    Points = 1275
    Hours = 13

Total = - £453

Tough day yesterday on Dym's had a good hour looking at some hand histories etc so feel fresh to get back to winning ways 2day. In my Tourneys I was 2 off the money in the Priority mini freeroll I was bubble boy in the Main which I will get my buy in back 2day because of priority bubble insurance and no cash in the mini. On the DTD I losted £100 on cash then played the Grand prix day1 for £110 buy in made day2 but with only 110k with blinds at 5k 10k so not brilliant but you never no. So my month is struggling for the 1st time down bout - £400 but I will be hitting 40k in points which is usually bout £1100 - £1200 so still got a chance of a decent month. So im after four straight + days to end the week on a high let the grind begin.
  • edited January 2015
    Chin up mate...still a long way to go this month

YOU CAN DO IT  -:)

GLGLGLGLGLGL
    dev