You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I forgot to post my bets on this thread last week had a real shocker last weekend anyway...theres some quality horses running today, and they all should win..they are Denman..Diamond Harry..Long Run..& Masterminded..these will all be no price at all tho so they will just be a good watch for me..

My bet of the day is 3.05 Newbury- Get Me Out Of Here 8/1...this horse beat the favourite for the race on its debut with easeeeee..so i have no idea why its a bigger price...skybet are also paying 5 places in this race so it looks a real e/w banker...gl with your bets 2mora..
  • edited February 2010

Cheerz matey, I o betting expert, but if all those horses are odds on, the 4 u mentioned first, is there any value putting em in a L15? I'll type it into a bet calculator tomorrow and see, but would they all need to win for a profit? O wud 3 still give a profit?

Love Diamond Harry! And will deffo be on that one at 8/1. Cheerz m8, keep em coming

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    I just worked out what a lucky15 would pay on them 4horses its around £38..there odds are Diamond Harry 4/5...Long Run 1/2..Denman 1/7 lol shocking...& Master Minded 4/7...Im not to sure but i would say if 3 won u wud still be in very small profit...Yea im a big diamond harry fan aswell, im tempted to back him at 4/5 hes looked a real machineee on his last 2 starts over fences..
  • edited February 2010

Moonoo u are my hero! 

He ran straight through that last hurdle though! 

If only Ricky Lambert had scored first goal instead of 2nd! grrr
  • edited February 2010
    Brilliant tip on get me out of here moonoo, thanks very much mate.
  • edited February 2010
    Yea no worries, its been a goooooooood day on this horses with get me out here & diamond harry both doing the buisness..i thort he was cooked when he ran through that last hurdle aswell lol but the mccoy drive got him home..cant believe denman lost at odds of 1/7 that was a real shocker..
  • edited February 2010
    I'm sticking a few squid on the WGC golf today. Betting on golf is tough like all other sports because if someone hits a hot streak on the day they can make the favourites look like long shots. I'm just gonna pick a couple out and hope i get lucky. My 1st selection is:

Charl Schwartzel - Schwartzel is currently the best golfer in europe this term, he's won 2 out of his last 4 events and currently leads the European Tour's Race to Dubai. Still too early to judge how much of an impact he's gonna have on the game but while he's on a hot streak i'm gonna stick a quid on him at 66/1.

I'll post some more before the 6pm tee-off time.
  • edited February 2010
    Martin Kaymer - He has finished within the top-10 at five out of his last nine events and his putting ability is class, finishing 2nd in putts per round last year on the European Tour. Well worth a big blind at 18/1.

Ross Fisher - In 2009, Fisher won the European Open, finished fourth at the WGC-Accenture Match Play, second at the BMW PGA Championship, fifth at the US Open, tied for 13th at the Open Championship, tied for 19th at the US PGA Championship and won the Volvo World Match Play Championship.  Has the ability to match the top players in the world and is brilliant at match play. 28/1

Chris Wood - Now this is a real longshot but he's the reigning European tour rookie of the year and has a lot of raw talent. If old grandpa Tom Watson can do so well in a major(wish i'd have stuck a few quid on him e/w at the Open championship last year) then what's to say this kid won't hit form in the WGC and compete. I've stuck a quid on this at 175/1.
  • edited February 2010
    Nooooo how could I miss these bets???? Dont golf tournys normally start on a Thursday? Im getting the sky sports score centre up as I type....I hope theyre all still in so I can get on em!

Ahh Swartzel I think is the only one left, no wonder Wood was 175/1 playing Westwood in the first round....Love this format. Gonna go stick a few quid on the South African.

Cheerz, DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Nooooo how could I miss these bets???? Dont golf tournys normally start on a Thursday? Im getting the sky sports score centre up as I type....I hope theyre all still in so I can get on em! Ahh Swartzel I think is the only one left, no wonder Wood was 175/1 playing Westwood in the first round....Love this format. Gonna go stick a few quid on the South African. Cheerz, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good grief, bet your glad you didn't see my post yesterday, what a let down Ross Fisher was. Come on Schwartzel, bring home the bacon.
  • edited February 2010

Hopeing for a few more winning tips this weekend...my selections for 2moro are

2.45 Ascot Zabeel Palace 11/2 the only gamble with this horse is if it handles the soft ground if it does it should steam in

3.35 Haydock Le Beau Bai 6/1 it will love a good slog in the heavy ground and looks a good bet at 6/1

gl with your bets

• edited February 2010
    Here he is! £400 each way double on the above selections! The guy doesn't get em wrong!

Thanx mate, will deffo be on, just woken up and missed the morning line, so gonna have to pick the others myself! eek

Keep em comin'!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Carlton Cole first goal scorer & West Ham to win 1-0 tonight

150/1!!!

People thought I was crazy a few years ago when I did Tevez to score in a 1-0 win for us at Old Trafford @ 80/1 and it came in.

Definitely worth a £1
  • edited February 2010
    Carlton Cole first goal scorer & West Ham to win 1-0 tonight 150/1!!! People thought I was crazy a few years ago when I did Tevez to score in a 1-0 win for us at Old Trafford @ 80/1 and it came in. Definitely worth a £1
    Posted by silentbob
    worst £1 you have ever spent :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : worst £1 you have ever spent :)
    Posted by 35suited
    Worst £1 i've ever spent aswell, i must be crazier, following one of silentbob's madcap Hammers bets! :-(
  • edited February 2010

MooNoooo Whereee areeee Yoooooooooooooo

Poker's crushing me this weekl I need some horsies to save me

Ill give ya till half one or im gonna have to pick my own!!!!! lol

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    wheres moonooo?
  • edited February 2010
    moonoo

moonoo

moonooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Where are you bruvva, we're waiting to lump on your horses 'cause we know nothing.
  • edited February 2010
    gonna be darts and the daily mirror for my picks today.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm lumping on 100/1 shot Sad Ken then, the blind, 3-legged horse who my bookie assures me is well overpriced. ;-)
  • edited February 2010
    i forgot to post my selections on this thread this morning grrrr..1 of my selections was 10 lengths clear coming to the last then fell and broke its neck, it was gutting.

If u want a late tip 3.45 navan- mighty bob 3/1

Isnt much of a price but should take alot of beating..
  • edited March 2010
    Early bump today - Moonoo u can't miss it !!

Mil Hill is napped on the WH website a 15/1 - wat do u rekon?

And I know NAP beans best bet, but why N.A.P what to the letters stand for?

DOHHHHHHHH
  • edited March 2010
    I believe nap comes from the card game napollian in which your best hand was known as a NAP hand
  • edited March 2010
    lol Doh, probably Not A Prayer.
  • edited March 2010
    haha I like it EE!! - So accurate too !!! - I spoke to him in one of the TKO games a few weeks ago, and since then, he hasn't been bak! Doubled in 1 hand on NL20 at 6am this morning when I couldnt sleep, so I have £20 quid stake money - normally limit it to £6 for horses and £4 footy....

Go spend it for me pick some one or something from any live televised sporting event - and im on it.

• edited March 2010

Not A Chance, lol. proper Jonah me m8.

• edited March 2010
    I need to post my selections earlya on this thread..ill make sure i get  my cheltenham selections up a day early, thats the week when we bash the bookies for 6 lol.

Heres a few of my fancys for 2day

3.10 Newbury Cant Buy Time 7/2

3.25 Doncaster Air Force One 12/1 should run at least a place at a nice price

• edited March 2010
    I need to post my selections earlya on this thread..ill make sure i get  my cheltenham selections up a day early, thats the week when we bash the bookies for 6 lol. Heres a few of my fancys for 2day 3.10 Newbury Cant Buy Time 7/2 3.25 Doncaster A ir Force One 12/1 should run at least a place at a nice price
    Posted by moonooo
    I tried to have a small £1 each way double on these but Skybet stopped working so I'll take that as a sign not to bother!
  • edited March 2010

I was at huntingdon races 2day and this old geezer tipped up a steamer of an e/w bet for cheltenham..So i thort it would be rude not 2 post it on this thread.

Jack The Giant 33/1 in the ryanair chase

Skybet are non runner money back on all cheltenham races now, so this bet looks like a real cracker jacker..gl look if u decide 2 follow this advice from some random man lol im on..

• edited March 2010

Good Stuff moonoooo, you`ll do for me mate.