You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    A double on Kell Brook and Manny Pacquiao to win their fights inside the distance by any method is currently paying 5/6. You may think that's not great value but Kell Brook is an outstanding young prospect and he will be a world champion in a few years, think he'll have far too much skill for Krzystof Bienias to handle. Pacman is a machine so he should make easy work of Joshua Clottey, who's no mug himself but he's not in Pacquiao's league.

I think this is worth a big blind.

Brook fights on friday night on Sky Sports 1. Pacman is on Sky Box Office in the early hours of Sunday morning.
  • edited March 2010

Thats not worth a big blind thats worth the bank balance lol..I wish mayweather & pacquio had got jiggy, that fight would be pure class..Hope they still manage to get this fight on sometime this year..

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Thats not worth a big blind thats worth the bank balance lol..I wish mayweather & pacquio had got jiggy, that fight would be pure class..Hope they still manage to get this fight on sometime this year..
    Posted by moonooo
    Yeah, was gutted when that fight fell through. I think it'll go ahead, they've probs gone down this route to spice it up a bit and generate more interest.  Mayweather v Mosley should be a good little fight but Pacman v Mayweather is the one every boxing fan on the planet wants to see.
  • edited March 2010

Quagmire, the Pac-man fight isn't on box office....its on S/S at 2am....

Thanx for the tip - ill be on it.....but I think ill need to stake more than a bb at that price....im not ljamesl or sparce ya know im only a low roller! lol

Maybe half a buy in - never bet on boxing before should be fun to watch.

DOHH

y cnt i write S S??
  • edited March 2010
    Quagmire, the Pac-man fight isn't on box office....its on S/S at 2am.... Thanx for the tip - ill be on it.....but I think ill need to stake more than a bb at that price....im not ljamesl or sparce ya know im only a low roller! lol Maybe half a buy in - never bet on boxing before should be fun to watch. DOHH y cnt i write S S??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers mate, didn't think it was worth paying £15 for but i'll defo watch it for free.  I've been robbed by refs a few times when it comes to round betting. I was due to win a few hundred squid when John McDermott fought Danny Williams. I had McDermott down for a 5th round KO, he was beating the shiz out of him, Williams was gone but the fricking ref didn't step in. Swine!
  • edited March 2010
    We need to find out what round stoppage pacmans trainer freddie roach has tipped up..I think hes got the past2 fights right & he tipped up pacman to knock hatton out in the 2nd..I was gutted when this happend thort hatton would steam roll him..
  • edited March 2010
    Looks a poor days racing today with cheltenham on the horizon,but ive still found a cracking e/w bet...It is 3.05 Sandown Aather 7/1...Skybet r paying 5places in the race & i cant see this horse being out the first 3 that alone the first 5..Looks a real e/w banker..fill your boots..
  • edited March 2010
    On the same occassion, Freddie Roach states his prediction on the said upcoming fight and said that Pacman will definitely make the Ghana fighter to fall on the 9th round of the welterweight division match and deliver the first ever knock-out in the entire career of Clottey.

"Clottey has a good defense but not too strong and he can be as solid as shell, but Pacquiao has a game plan specific to break Clottey's shell of defense and I believe both Pacquiao's hands are too fast for Clottey's defense. I know Clottey has a good chin, but Manny (Pacquiao) will break him down to the body," says Roach.

In fact, "I believe a win by knockout in the ninth is likely," says Roach over Clottey who has never been knocked out of his three professional losses.

"But, Clottey has a very difficult style and Pacquiao has a game plan that suits his style and he is ready to go for twelve rounds," Roach added.
  • edited March 2010

Nice1 quagmire hes 8/15 to win by knockdown so it looks on the cards..Ive gone for rounds 8-9-10 all at 12/1..Cant wait 4 this fight, 3am lol a long while to go yet..

• edited March 2010
    Looks a poor days racing today with cheltenham on the horizon,but ive still found a cracking e/w bet...It is  3.05 Sandown Aather 7/1 ...Skybet r paying 5places in the race & i cant see this horse being out the first 3 that alone the first 5..Looks a real e/w banker..fill your boots..
    Posted by moonooo

So much for a e/w banker! see TILT came in 4th though at 66-1 - lol - must be a sign!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : So much for a e/w banker! see TILT came in 4th though at 66-1 - lol - must be a sign!
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Yea it ran an absolute shocker, The money spoke for tony mccoy on the favourite an it steamed in..Chesterfield r losing 2-0 in my football acca aswell grrrr..Hope my luck changes around for cheltenham, need to fire home the winners next week..
  • edited April 2010
    Just thought i would bump this thread back from the dead with a few selections for today..

Ive gone for a double on  3.30 Haydock- Salut Flo 5/2
                                         5.35 Carlise- Fair Question evens

And 3.50 kempton- Vitznau 9/1 this horse last ran in the lincoln but the ground was against it that day..But back on the all weather should run a nice race..Good e/w bet..

Theres 1 i really fancy running next week at the grand national meeting..Think it will run on either the thursday or the friday..Its called Super Kenny i can see there being a massive gamble on this horse just because of its name...With it running at liverpool and Kenny Dalglish being a liverpool legend...This beast will pay for the grand national bets..

Heres a few ive backed in the national aswell..Black Apalachi 14/1- State Of Play 20/1- Mr Pointment 66/1..I backed Black Apalachi last year when it was cruising out in front untill unseating its rider...Has a great chance this year with the ground being in its favour..Im hoping this 1 leads from start to finish..

Ive also gone for David Haye to win in rounds 4,5,6 there all priced at 12/1..Im very confident Haye will make this old timer Ruiz hit the deck in this fight..

Good Luck all having a bet today
  • edited April 2010
    Good stuff moonoo. I'm with you on the Hayemaker, Ruiz is no mug but Haye has great speed and athleticism for the heavyweight division and combined with his power not many of his fights go past the 4th round, hence the 21 KOs in 23 fights. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't spark him out, although with my money riding on it Ruiz will probably transform into Muhammad Ali when he steps through the ropes.
  • edited April 2010

Great stuff chaps - cheerz for the bump and the tips.

I think this thread got lost in Cheltenham madness - with people posting selections left right and centre. Back to the nitty girtty then!!

Flat racing!!! Nowhere near as enjoyable to watch, as a horse racing clown like myself - like to see my horse get into a race and with some of these flat races, I find out which ones mine, and its over! :(

Anyway still like a bet, so keep em coming - Hungover today, so sports betting only!!!

Keep all ya sporting bets coming fellaz, any sport, preferably live on tv, and ill keep putting my money where your mouth is :)
  • edited April 2010

2-55 Haydock Makttu 11/4

3-30 Haydock Salut flo 11/4

2-50 Carlisle Mr Yaham 6/1

Darren Bent to score first goal V spurs 5/1

Lucky 15 - gl all !!
  • edited April 2010
    2-55 Haydock Makttu 11/4 3-30 Haydock Salut flo 11/4 2-50 Carlisle Mr Yaham 6/1 Darren Bent to score first goal V spurs 5/1 Lucky 15 - gl all !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 36 SECONDS?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 36 SECONDS?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well done mate, i did try to put this bet on aswell 5 mins before kick off but Skybet decided to go on a real go slow. Thanks very much Sky!
  • edited April 2010
    Nice two selctions in your lucky15 Dohhh...I had a 1st 2nd & unplaced..Not been a bad days betting really with chelsea doing the buisness earlya on..I hope the boxing bets come in now should be a great fight..
  • edited April 2010
    Is anyone having a bet on the battle of the grandads? Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones Jr

No UK tv network has bothered to get the rights for this fight. I know it hasn't generated that much interest but it's one i'd like to see.

Sky should have included this fight in the Haye PPV package.
  • edited April 2010
    Is anyone having a bet on the battle of the grandads? Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones Jr No UK tv network has bothered to get the rights for this fight. I know it hasn't generated that much interest but it's one i'd like to see. Sky should have included this fight in the Haye PPV package.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Ive gone for Hopkins to win on points..What method of victory have u gone for in the haye fight..
  • edited April 2010

Still not put it on yet mate, think i'm just going to stick some on a KO though.

• edited April 2010

Alright chaps - any idea what time the haye fight is on? - Ive found a website where I can watch it but its in the middle of a fight I couldnt care less about at the min....its not a 2am jobby is it?
  • edited April 2010
    The fight starts at around 11...That was a crazy stoppage just then in that fight..Haye just said on tv that he predicts a late stopage..
  • edited April 2010
    Loving that last stoppage, had a win by any method 1-12 for Olusegan. Giggety
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you very much Mr Cornerman, throw in the towel and cost me some money you flipping douche. :-(
  • edited April 2010
    I thought he had it the first..I was hoping it would last till the 4th so my bet would come in..But no way did i think it would last 9 rounds lol..I give the guy credit for lasting that long..Didnt you go for the stoppage in the end quagmire..
  • edited April 2010
    I went for the exact method KO bet. It was classed as a TKO because that chump threw the towel in just before Ruiz was about to get felled. Surely my luck has to change soon.
  • edited April 2010
    I went for the exact method KO bet. It was classed as a TKO because that chump threw the towel in just before Ruiz was about to get felled. Surely my luck has to change soon.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Most bookies class the 2 as the same. I'd double check to see if you have won.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Most bookies class the 2 as the same. I'd double check to see if you have won.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Not this bookies mate, the bet was settled as soon as he grabbed the towel. :-(
  • edited April 2010

Quagmire are you still after a link to watch the Hopkins Jones Jnr fight..Ive finally found 1 after 2hours of searching..Wish they had just got this on sky or ppv like you say..Just leave a message on this thread if u still need it and ill pm u the link..