You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Not much midweek footy left but there's a nice little treble that's worth a look tomorrow night:

Accrington to beat Barnet (H) @ 11/8
    Notts Co to beat Darlington (A) @ 4/9
    Lyon/Bayern to draw @ 23/10

10/1 for the treble
  • edited April 2010
    Did you back any yesterday dohhhhhh, form no response im hoping you didnt, and not that you backed the loosing ones. 

Im due a crash and it wouldtn surprise me if it came today as im feeling confident over todays selections.

Lingfield

2.00 - Bintalwaadi - 6/4 - £20
    2.30 - Gra Adhmhar - 9/4 - £20
    3.00 - Wheres susie - 5/1 £20 (more than id normaly put on a 5/1 shot just thin its got a great chance)
    3.30 - Quince - 9/2 - £10
    4.00 - mount Julie - 7/4 - £20
    4.30 - Craic Attack - 7/2 - £10
    5.00 - Plumage - 14/1 - £5ew
    5.30 - Waterloo Dock - 7/2 - £20

£130 layed but expecting good things today, which means there will be 1 winner and ill get £50 back.

Gareth 
  • edited April 2010

N I didn't mate I went on gambling tilt coz I starved myself from 3.30 onwards waiting for the chinese to open at 5, rang on the dot, and got the answer phone saying they dont open on Mondays !!!!!!

F-kers! 

Anyway, Im aving 4 of the above in a lucky 15 right now!
  • edited April 2010
    Right done !!! --- U must be with another firm coz the prizes on sky bet r s-h1te compared to urs...not by much like but in l15's it must make quite alot of difference?

Nvm.....cheers for posting, fingers X'd!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Right done !!! --- U must be with another firm coz the prizes on sky bet r s-h1te compared to urs...not by much like but in l15's it must make quite alot of difference? Nvm.....cheers for posting, fingers X'd!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah i very rarely use sky bet for my betting, they generally have poor odds compared to many out there.  These bets are acrossmultiple accounts.  Its worth opening up account with other companies because

1. You will get free bets with most of them
    2. Offer better odds
    3. Have specials, such as paying extra places in certain races.
    4. Most sites offer best price, so if u take a price and sp is bigger you get it (dont think sky do)

Was going to have some bets at yarmouth as well, but I fancy all the favourites which isnt a good thing, so ive gone for some multiples which you told me to do the other day.

2.10 Emmas gift 13/8
    2.40 Il Forno 13/10
    3.10 Scarcity 5/2
    3.40 Atacama Sunrise 10/11
    4.10 Loyalty 4/5
    4.40 Silent Majority 5/2
    5.10 Kazbow 11/8 

Havent took any prices with theese bets, buit they are the ebst odds currently avaiable, havent took odds as they range across different bookies.

Ive gone for 35 £1 4 folds, 21 £1 5 folds, 7 £1 6folds and a £1 7fold

If you look at www.oddschecker.com you'll see the best odds of the major online bookies and you'll see how poor skybet can be
  • edited April 2010
    Right done !!! --- U must be with another firm coz the prizes on sky bet r s-h1te compared to urs...not by much like but in l15's it must make quite alot of difference? Nvm.....cheers for posting, fingers X'd!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i dont use sky for betting as i find them very tight espacially ante post as gareth says always shop around i use boyles for most of my horse bets as they guarantee to pay best odds if your selection goes off at a longer price than you took.
    for opening new accounts waiting for the start of the world cup would be a good idea as the firms will be queing up to get your business. i remember before the euros in 2000 i opened about 8 phone accounts as they were all giving matched bets and free bets absolutly cleaned up!
    there a bit tighter with the free stuff now but its definatly worth opening up a few
  • edited April 2010
    Well that was a nice easy start, £50 back, hope you backed it doh but having a lucky 15 i doubt it bet you went for the bigger priced ones
  • edited April 2010

hi all have gone for a £2 accum on tonites games

Notts Co      @  4/9
       Livingston    @  8/11
       Boston         @  4/5
       Lancaster     @  4/6
       Concord       @  4/6
       Folkestone   @  4/6
       Nuneaton     @  4/6
       Burnham      @  4/5

pays  61/1

gl 2 all   dtw
  • edited April 2010

Yeh u read me right, was always gonna go for the big prices, I dunno why I tried to keep it quiet, thats like me turning my 2-3 off face up and trying to get pocket 8s to fold pre flop! agh

Nvm, it might work
  • edited April 2010

Skybet dun me again I forgot I was on chrome, loaded up Carter at 17/10 and Ronie -2.5 frames at 6/5 .....9/2 double.....typed in £20 but it wouldnt do it....

Had to fire IE up and get em in but missed the break off, and they dnt do handicap betting in play?

So gone for carter and Ronnie outright, £15 at 14/5.....Sumat to keep it interesting :)
  • edited April 2010
    Did you back any yesterday dohhhhhh, form no response im hoping you didnt, and not that you backed the loosing ones.  Im due a crash and it wouldtn surprise me if it came today as im feeling confident over todays selections. Lingfield 2.00 - Bintalwaadi - 6/4 - £20 2.30 - Gra Adhmhar - 9/4 - £20 3.00 - Wheres susie - 5/1 £20 (more than id normaly put on a 5/1 shot just thin its got a great chance) 3.30 - Quince - 9/2 - £10 4.00 - mount Julie - 7/4 - £20 4.30 - Craic Attack - 7/2 - £10 5.00 - Plumage - 14/1 - £5ew 5.30 - Waterloo Dock - 7/2 - £20 £130 layed but expecting good things today, which means there will be 1 winner and ill get £50 back. Gareth 
    Posted by 35suited
    Well said i was due a crash, and said id probably have 1 winner for £50 and with 2 races to go thats exactly whats happened, not looking good :(
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Well said i was due a crash, and said id probably have 1 winner for £50 and with 2 races to go thats exactly whats happened, not looking good :(
    Posted by 35suited
    dont be to hard on yourself m8 3 at yarmouth. mind you wheres susie was a gutter done by a 20/1 shot though it was going to hose up turning in
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : dont be to hard on yourself m8 3 at yarmouth. mind you wheres susie was a gutter done by a 20/1 shot though it was going to hose up turning in
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Yeah that was the horse i was banking on, was late picking daughter up froms chool becasuse i stayed to watch that race lol.

3 at yarmouth and if id done my usall and bet singles id have had at least £20 on each of those at that prices, bringing back over £150 and would have covered my racing for yarmouth as id of had £20 on the loosers as well.  But as i went for 4 folds and upwards didnt win a thing.  Soooooooo im £64 down at yarmouth, and currently £80 down at lingfield, but with 1 race to go that could possibly get me £90 back.

Been looking at sedgfield tonight, so wanna bet, but slightly on tilt lol, gotta stop myself loosing what ive won last couple of weeks.
  • edited April 2010
    wwell the last was another donkey, so will be chasing tonight :) this is why ill never be successful,should just take the hit, its only 2 days prfoit, still well up recently but nope i wanan get it back.  So im aiming to win £144 by backinggggggggggggg

Sedgfield

5.50 - Mr Syntax - 1/2

6.20 - Bewery man - 4/7

6.50 - Knockavilla - Evens

£40 trebble which pays £188.57 which will put me £4.57 in profit for the day lol

Have got soem picks for the later 3 races

7.20 description
    7.50 Samizdat
    8.20 Bridlingontbygones

but will wait to see how the trtebble does first
  • edited April 2010
    wwell the last was another donkey, so will be chasing tonight :) this is why ill never be successful,should just take the hit, its only 2 days prfoit, still well up recently but nope i wanan get it back.  So im aiming to win £144 by backinggggggggggggg Sedgfield 5.50 - Mr Syntax - 1/2 6.20 - Bewery man - 4/7 6.50 - Knockavilla - Evens £40 trebble which pays £188.57 which will put me £4.57 in profit for the day lol Have got soem picks for the later 3 races 7.20 description 7.50 Samizdat 8.20 Bridlingontbygones but will wait to see how the trtebble does first
    Posted by 35suited
    Well the first coulkd of bloody won to give me a sniff but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grrrr
  • edited April 2010
    lol i backed the 4 biggest ones, not sure how they went on, I knew I shudnt have said owt !!!!!

gl tonight m8 .... always bad chasing, just had a pretty sick flop that cost me £50 (see G.P.C) - so having half hour off every type of gambling !!! aghhh

DOHH
  • edited April 2010
    lol i backed the 4 biggest ones, not sure how they went on, I knew I shudnt have said owt !!!!! gl tonight m8 .... always bad chasing, just had a pretty sick flop that cost me £50 (see G.P.C) - so having half hour off every type of gambling !!! aghhh DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well my bets already over huge odds on turned over, im gunan call it a night, im the equivalent of 2 buy ins down, if i bet anymore could get ugly.....the only thing is wathc the other 5 i mentioned roll in now.

Saw your hand, and yup it sucks but id be calling as well
  • edited April 2010

Just stick a £6 lucky 15 on em.......or something like that......make sure u get something back if they win, without risking anyhing
  • edited April 2010

gone for an e/w treble 

1. 7.35 Nottingham
    2. Until The Man @ 14/1
    3. 7.05 Nottingham
    4. Sam Sharp @ 9/1
    5. 6.05 Nottingham
    6. Micky Mac @ 9/1
  • edited April 2010
    Ouchhh ouchhh ouchhhh Dtwbandit u missed out on a 1499/1 treble by a nose..I bet your absolutley seething i would be..I feel for you mate...Thats the closet ive seen anyone come to hitting a massive treble like that in a long time..

Looks like theres been some great tipping on this thread im having a few weeks off betting on the horses though..I lost alot trying to win my cheltenham loses back on Dunguib by backing Dunguib again next time out..Ive learned my lesson never to back poxy Dunguib again lol..St Nicholas Abbey should take alot of beating in the 2000 Guineas on satuday though..That should win me abit back..

Keep tipping them winners and stay lucky fellas
  • edited April 2010
    Ouchhh ouchhh ouchhhh Dtwbandit u missed out on a 1499/1 treble by a nose..I bet your absolutley seething i would be..I feel for you mate...Thats the closet ive seen anyone come to hitting a massive treble like that in a long time.. Looks like theres been some great tipping on this thread im having a few weeks off betting on the horses though..I lost alot trying to win my cheltenham loses back on Dunguib by backing Dunguib again next time out..Ive learned my lesson never to back poxy Dunguib again lol..St Nicholas Abbey should take alot of beating in the 2000 Guineas on satuday though..That should win me abit back.. Keep tipping them winners and stay lucky fellas
    Posted by moonooo

am totally gutted m8 just glad i did e/w i wouldn't mind but Sam Sharp was my 1st choice way it goes will pick another 3 tomorrow as for the 2000 Guineas St. Nicholas Abbey will be FAV. but i do fancy Awzaan & D ick Turpin (have cashed on him already)  longshot for it could be Fencing Master  gl m8  dtw
  • edited April 2010

hi all could someone tell me which is a good betting online site just need it for a month as concentrating on my Bankroll Challenge for the month of may  many thanks  dtw

ps here's my final foory bet  &  an e/w lucky 15 on 4 main horse racing events   (both with sky bet)
    1. NAC Breda v FC Twente
    2. FC Twente @ 1/2
    3. VfB Stuttgart v Mainz 05
    4. VfB Stuttgart @ 1/3
    5. Parma v Roma
    6. Roma @ 1/2
    7. Gillingham v Southampton
    8. Southampton @ 6/4
    9. Bristol Rov v Norwich
    10. Norwich @ 5/4
    11. Man. City v Aston Villa
    12. Aston Villa @ 5/2
    13. Stoke v Everton
    14. Everton @ 11/10
          e/w accum as well
    1. Epsom Derby - Antepost
    2. Cape Blanco @ 25/1
    3. Epsom Oaks- Antepost
    4. Timepiece @ 8/1
    5. 2000 Guineas- Antepost
    6. Awzaan @ 8/1
    7. Chester Cup-Ante Post
    8. Nemo Spirit @ 12/1
  • edited April 2010
    funny how your horse tips were posted after they had ran........ohhhh soooo close.....lol
  • edited April 2010
    funny how your horse tips were posted after they had ran........ohhhh soooo close.....lol
    Posted by LENGALENG

sorry m8 was a late bet with Sky Bet & posted it while playing poker  lol
  • edited April 2010

Will Hill is the only one Ive used other than sky DTW...... Im no betting expert, Icn only comment on the layout and how easy it is to use, and its rly good - also the poker is good too :)

Cmon Gareth, good night on the tables last night got some Moniez to put on some Horsies!

Wheeeree areeee yaaaaaa ???
  • edited April 2010
    Will Hill is the only one Ive used other than sky DTW...... Im no betting expert, Icn only comment on the layout and how easy it is to use, and its rly good - also the poker is good too :) Cmon Gareth, good night on the tables last night got some Moniez to put on some Horsies! Wheeeree areeee yaaaaaa ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

cheers m8 much appreciated be lucky  dtw
  • edited April 2010

hi all have picked 3 horses & backed them as an e/w Patent  gl 2 all  dtw

1. 9.10 Kempton
    2. Hurricane Hymnbook @ 5/1
    3. 5.40 Ascot Extra Value Race
    4. Wise Dennis @ 13/2
    5. 5.05 Ascot Extra Value Race
    6. Jordaura @ 7/1
  • edited April 2010
    Will Hill is the only one Ive used other than sky DTW...... Im no betting expert, Icn only comment on the layout and how easy it is to use, and its rly good - also the poker is good too :) Cmon Gareth, good night on the tables last night got some Moniez to put on some Horsies! Wheeeree areeee yaaaaaa ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you sure you wanna do this after yesterday disasters??? had 6 winners but still wellllllll down.  Only having a bet this afternoon for the sake of it, only had a quick look, and small stakes comapred to alst few days.  Will have a better bet tonights racing, mrs is at college so need soemthing for then.

2.30 - Peck Seasons - 16/1 £2.50ew (outsider of the field dont fancy anytihng in this race)
    3.05 - Tanners Court - 11/2 £5
    3.40 - Martha Elizabeth - 15/8 £20 (only horse i really fancy)
    4.15 - irish Sympathy - 13/2 - £5
    4.50 - There Ya - 10/1 - £5 (fav is big odds on and only 7 runners)
    5.25 - Newton Tonic - 33/1 - £2.50ew (as short as 16/1 with soem bookies only reason ive had it)

As you can see im not confident about any of these really, but then when i was really confident yesterday i ahd a mare,

Good luck all

Gareth
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : you sure you wanna do this after yesterday disasters??? had 6 winners but still wellllllll down.  Only having a bet this afternoon for the sake of it, only had a quick look, and small stakes comapred to alst few days.  Will have a better bet tonights racing, mrs is at college so need soemthing for then. 2.30 - Peck Seasons - 16/1 £2.50ew (outsider of the field dont fancy anytihng in this race) 3.05 - Tanners Court - 11/2 £5 3.40 - Martha Elizabeth - 15/8 £20 (only horse i really fancy) 4.15 - irish Sympathy - 13/2 - £5 4.50 - There Ya - 10/1 - £5 (fav is big odds on and only 7 runners) 5.25 - Newton Tonic - 33/1 - £2.50ew (as short as 16/1 with soem bookies only reason ive had it) As you can see im not confident about any of these really, but then when i was really confident yesterday i ahd a mare, Good luck all Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Well my 1 larger bet has one meaning im guraanteed £12.50 profit with 2 races left whoop whoop
  • edited April 2010
    Ok tongihts selections had a simliar sort of bet as this afternoon at kempton, with 1 larger bet and 6 smaller bets, if the bigger bet wins ive covered myself.

6.05 - Kilmansack - 16/1 - £2.50e/w
    6.35 - Hill Tribe - 13/2 - £5
    7.05 - Candotoo 20/1  - £2.50e/w
    7.35 - Fairy shoes - 6/4 - £20
    8.10 - Sumner - 25/1 - £2.50e/w
    8.40 - Zuidee Zee - 11/4 - £5
    9.10 - Caprio - 17/2 - 2.50e/w

Slightly bigger bets at kelsop since its on TV

5.50 - Foxes Delight - 125/1 (yes 125/1) £2.50e/w
    6.20 - Phone in - 3/1 - £20.00
    6.50 - Bobs Dream - 13/2 - £20.00 (4/1 fav wiv some firms)
    7.20 - The Gloves Are Off - 10/1 - £5e/w 
    7.55 - Minouchka - 9/1 £5e/w
    8.25 - Corky Dancer - 8/1 - £10e/w