You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Quagmire are you still after a link to watch the Hopkins Jones Jnr fight..Ive finally found 1 after 2hours of searching..Wish they had just got this on sky or ppv like you say..Just leave a message on this thread if u still need it and ill pm u the link..
    Posted by moonooo
    I'll give it a miss matey, gonna hit the hay after this dym. Many thanks for the offer though.
  • edited April 2010

Yea no worries..Im hoping for a boring fight anyway if my bet is to be successful..No doubt Hopkins will Knock him out in the 1st now, with my luck on the boxing 2nite being way down lol..

• edited April 2010

I found one within 5 mins...uze shudda said. lol

• edited April 2010
    My sports bets are terrible at the moment so i'm gonna bet on politics. 1st leaders debate tonight on ITV at 20.30pm. I've stuck a few quid on Cameron to win at evens. Should be a banker, he is Tony Blair mkII. Gordon Brown is a dull ogre and a pathological liar so i doubt he'll do very well and Nick Clegg, well who cares what the Lib Dems think, they're never gonna get in. Think their slogan is: A vote for the Lib Dems is a wasted vote!
  • edited April 2010
    Nick Clegg talked more sense the other two put together and the only reason why people say Libirals are a waste of vote is because they have been brainwashed for years by the other two.Wake up Britain!  In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    My sports bets are terrible at the moment so i'm gonna bet on politics. 1st leaders debate tonight on ITV at 20.30pm. I've stuck a few quid on Cameron to win at evens. Should be a banker, he is Tony Blair mkII. Gordon Brown is a dull ogre and a pathological liar so i doubt he'll do very well and Nick Clegg, well who cares what the Lib Dems think, they're never gonna get in. Think their slogan is: A vote for the Lib Dems is a wasted vote!
    Posted by Quagmire72
  • edited April 2010
    Nick Clegg talked more sense the other two put together and the only reason why people say Libirals are a waste of vote is because they have been brainwashed for years by the other two.Wake up Britain!  In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? :
    Posted by Donut64
    Looks like Cleggover got the nod in the polls. Who will you be voting for Donut?
  • edited April 2010
    I have been a Libiral for years! And when the others tell me that Im wasting my vote I tell them the same thing a wasted vote Is one you dont believe in!
  • edited April 2010

Although I love a bet, even more so when its on TV, I can't bring myself to watch politics !!!!

How did it go Quagmire? were you giggety-ing at the end???

Big snooker bet, £12.10 at 38/1
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipHiggins J v Hawkins BRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 10:00Higgins J @ 1/6
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipAllen M v Ford TRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 10:00Allen M @ 2/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipHendry S v Zhang ARd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 14:30Hendry S @ 2/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipSelby M v Doherty KRd 1 Match Betting 17/04/2010 19:00Selby M @ 1/3
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipFu M v Gould MRd 1 Match Betting 18/04/2010 10:00Fu M @ 4/11
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipCarter A v Cope JRd 1 Match Betting 18/04/2010 14:30Carter A @ 4/6
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipWilliams M v Campbell MRd 1 Match Betting 19/04/2010 10:00Williams M @ 1/8
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipJunhui D v Pettman SRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 10:00Junhui D @ 1/9
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipDay R v Davis MRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 10:00Day R @ 4/11
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipRobertson N v O'Brien FRd 1 Match Betting 20/04/2010 14:30Robertson N @ 1/7
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipMaguire S v Lee SRd 1 Match Betting 21/04/2010 14:30Maguire S @ 1/3
    SnookerWorld ChampionshipMurphy S v Greene GRd 1 Match Betting 21/04/2010 19:00Murphy S @ 1/7
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Huddersfield v MillwallMatch Result 16/04/2010 19:45Huddersfield @ 6/4
  • edited April 2010
    No giggety-ing for me at the end :-(

Clegg took the win. I can't even win a fricking politics bet.

No worries. I've been speaking to someone on pokerstars who works in the horse racing industry and he's given me some tips for Newbury tomorrow. The 1st race is at 1.30pm so all will be revealed before midday. ;-)

Good luck with ya snooker bets Dohhhhhhh.
  • edited April 2010
    LOL Quagmire.

We are not worthy mate. Check your PM.
  • edited April 2010

I think Loonytoons was right about Higgins, Huddersfield won last night and thats the hardest bit of my bet up....

Higgins aint got outta bed yet thank god its first to 10.

Quagmire, make sure you remember to share those tips, had a shocker on the poker tables last night, I eed to re-coup some losses :):):)

• edited April 2010
    Havent really had a bet this week due to my compter breaking down, thoguht i was gonig to have to get a new one but my bruv got it fixed for me for £20!!! so have given myself a ton to spend on the racing at newbury to celebrate.

1.30 - Latansaa - 5/2 - £30
    2.00 - Harbinger - 5/1 - £20
    2.35 - Qalahari - 66/1 - £2.50e/w
    3.05 - Puff - 8/1 - £5e/w
    3.40 - Arcano - 3/1 - £10
    4.15 - Tactician - 2/1 - £10
    4.50 - matirani - 40/1 - £2.50ew
    5.20 - Silverglas - 14/1 - £5ew

Might have a little dabble on quag tips if he puts um up before manu kick off
  • edited April 2010
    Well i didn't know that this horse would be favourite but Tenessee is one of the tips the guy gave me. It runs in the 1.30pm at Newbury and it's currently 5/4 on skybet.

The guy said he's been talking to trainer Clive Cox and he's certain that this is gonna win.

Good luck guys.
  • edited April 2010
    Well i didn't know that this horse would be favourite but Tenessee is one of the tips the guy gave me. It runs in the 1.30pm at Newbury and it's currently 5/4 on skybet. The guy said he's been talking to trainer Clive Cox and he's certain that this is gonna win. Good luck guys.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    urghhh cant back that had my biggest bet of the day on 2nd fav in the same race lol
  • edited April 2010
    The other tip he mentioned was in the 4.50pm at Newbury. It's called Primary Colors, trained by Clive Cox(another one) and it's currently 50/1 on skybet. Now i know nothing about horses but surely he can't be right about this. I'll stick a quid on it cos i'm a complete gullible muppet but rest assured if this does come in i'll be laughing my titzens off and the milky bars are on me ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    I get the feeling Clive Cox will erupt if he finds out his mate told me about a dead cert. I've just ruined another favourite, didn't even place. :-(

If this continues i'll be changing my Sky Poker alias to Unlucky Alf. Oh Bugg£r!

• edited April 2010
    haha u gotta go on em tho Quag or ull kik urself after.

After his even money fave flopped - his 50/1 outsider must be a dead cert. 

Just got a quick glance at racing during half time ...

Harbinger @ 5/1 (Each Way: 1/5 for first 3 places.)  
     Huzzah @ 14/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)  
     Gloucester @ 6/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 3 places.)  
     Poker De Sivola @ 8/1 (Each Way

Lucky 15 and e/w acca....

• edited April 2010
    Sorry to disturb you Mr President.....There may be a problem with the bets you have placed

The FBI will hunt down Quagmire as a matter of Urgency Sir.
  • edited April 2010
    Havent really had a bet this week due to my compter breaking down, thoguht i was gonig to have to get a new one but my bruv got it fixed for me for £20!!! so have given myself a ton to spend on the racing at newbury to celebrate. 1.30 - Latansaa - 5/2 - £30 2.00 - Harbinger - 5/1 - £20 2.35 - Qalahari - 66/1 - £2.50e/w 3.05 - Puff - 8/1 - £5e/w 3.40 - Arcano - 3/1 - £10 4.15 - Tactician - 2/1 - £10 4.50 - matirani - 40/1 - £2.50ew 5.20 - Silverglas - 14/1 - £5ew Might have a little dabble on quag tips if he puts um up before manu kick off
    Posted by 35suited
    well that won at 11/2 so got my money back form the racing and a small profit in the 2nd race :) any more will just be a bonus

Gareth

p.s Theres Only one PAUL SCHOLES
  • edited April 2010
    Stoke, Leeds, Notts County, Rochdale, Notts Forrest, had £5.50, returns £250ish

I wanted Gareth on tilt, Im gonna get him on a high, I guess its good for the neutral, typical united tho, gotta hand it to em, happens time n time n time again.

• edited April 2010

Even bigger high now Dohhhh puff just won for me @ 8/1 shame I went each way but never mind 2 winners oput of 4 so far and lots of profit :)

• edited April 2010
    well 3 winners for a return of £220 so £120 profit more than payed for my loosing footy bets
  • edited April 2010
    well 3 winners for a return of £220 so £120 profit more than payed for my loosing footy bets
    Posted by 35suited
    Well done Gareth. :-)
  • edited April 2010

Wigan 0-4 Arsenal  22/1

Pompey 2-2 Villa 20/1

475/1ish double.

• edited April 2010
    Get in Hendry !!!!!   FFS Talk about putting me through it !!!

Half way there now and bets still going, need FU to sort it out in the mornin.

Loving the snooker betting tho, gr8 value for money!
  • edited April 2010

Good stuff Dohhhhhhh, hope it rolls on for you.

• edited April 2010
    Just been looking on the footy betting.

Liverpool vs West Ham (home win)

Plymouth vs Newcasle (Away win)

Odds are at 6/4

For £20 i will get back £51

worth a BB?
  • edited April 2010

This head is destroying me, and will haunt my dreams forever.

Tom, since when have you played stakes where 20 sheets is the big blind? lol

Maybe worth a buy in though, especially as Newcastle is on tele! (again)
  • edited April 2010
    Yea i know DOH bit expensive for me lol. it could be worth a buyin though. might boost the roll a little i wana play live sunday so need to win some monez.
  • edited April 2010
    the price has now changed 13/8 :)

good job i havent bet yet