You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum DTD changes

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

Hi all

We just wanted to let you know that we will be making some changes to the Monday night DTD from next week. The first thing to say is that we will continue to help run this and support for the community. We know it's fun for a lot of people and we're happy to help that.

Anyway, what are the changes? Basically, all the three events will be 100% fee free. You will still earn poker points despite this so it's a win-win on both counts.

We are considering changing the name of it but would like feedback before doing that. We hope that wouldnt cause upset but we're happy to get feedback.

Why change it? Well basically so that it doesn't cause people confusion and so that other people might understand it more. Unfortunately, as many of you will know, DTD is obviously known elsewhere in the world of poker and it has been know for people to contact us asking if these games are some sort of DTD promotion or qualifier.

We thought something like 'Sky Community (or Forum) 1, 2 & 3'. That change can wait for now but we'll chat to the guys who help run it soon.

We hope you like the change and continue to enjoy this fun community event.

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited April 2015
    by fee free, do you mean its a freeroll or no rake?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes:
    Posted by The_Don90
    Come on Don, all that Irn Bru has frazzled your brain. No rake innit.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by The_Don90
    "No reg fee" Don.

So the £5.50 cost will become £5. Players can use the £0.50 they save to buy a pint of beer, a plate of egg & chips, or stick a gallon of petrol in the car.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by The_Don90

hi don,

you forgot to ask if you win a mercedes for a hole-in-one.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Come on Don, all that Irn Bru has frazzled your brain. No rake innit.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ha yeah i thought tht just thought id be a plonker and ask anyways lol
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : hi don, you forgot to ask if you win a mercedes for a hole-in-one.
    Posted by aussie09
    The prize for a hole in one at the Volvo China open this week. How cool is that!

• edited April 2015
    Hi a DTD admin here, sure DTW will be in touch soon but what is happening regarding prizes?

Whilst prizes are bonuses to some, it gives players an extra incentive to play all 3 games and compete in the monthly individual league where there are bigger prizes up for grabs. We all know what has caused this change and I for one am not very happy.

Whilst an assumption is made here by me, the fact you are eliminating rake makes it clear you have no plan to reimplement these prizes. They are an important aspect of the competition so I hope you reconsider.

The only prizes you need to consider (imo) are for the monthly team league in which the top placed team get a main seat and 2nd-5th get a mini. The same 5 teams win these prizes month in month out with an alternate winning team although it's been dominated by 1 recently. Removing the individual prizes is a big mistake
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : "No reg fee" Don. So the £5.50 cost will become £5. Players can use the £0.50 they save to buy a pint of beer, a plate of egg & chips, or stick a gallon of petrol in the car.
    Posted by Tikay10
    #oldschool #inmyday #allfields ; )
  • edited April 2015
    Hi a DTD admin here, sure DTW will be in touch soon but what is happening regarding prizes? Whilst prizes are bonuses to some, it gives players an extra incentive to play all 3 games and compete in the monthly individual league where there are bigger prizes up for grabs. We all know what has caused this change and I for one am not very happy. Whilst an assumption is made here by me, the fact you are eliminating rake makes it clear you have no plan to reimplement these prizes. They are an important aspect of the competition so I hope you reconsider. The only prizes you need to consider (imo) are for the monthly team league in which the top placed team get a main seat and 2nd-5th get a mini. The same 5 teams win these prizes month in month out with an alternate winning team although it's been dominated by 1 recently. Removing the individual prizes is a big mistake
    Posted by Matt237
    This post is spot & in line with what I had been thinking.

Take out the team prizes but continue with the weekly & monthly individual prizes. As Matt says, it encourages players to play all three competitions & to play every week throughout the month.

Additionally, this would emphasise that it is an individual competition & that the only team element will be purely for bragging rights.

I have enjoyed these tournaments for several years now & would hate to see them marginalised by taking away the individual prizes.
  • edited April 2015
    Tears will definitely be shed in my household if the individual weekly and monthly prizes are binned :(
  • edited April 2015
    It's not entirely spot on.

The prizes for the team comp were changed a couple of months back when j3ono took over the running of it from Hitman. The new system was that there would be a Freeroll MTT after 6 months with seat prizes and would have around 40 runners comprising of the top 24 players who had scored the most team points over the period and some captain picks. I believe this was posted on a thread in team talk where j3ono was keeping the team score updates, but this thread was started by Hitman and so has been deleted.

The changes were made off the back of some feedback in the FOSP group asking for fewer regular prizes for bigger more infrequent ones.
  • edited April 2015
    Should have added, "Monday Community Game" as a decent name for the competition.

• edited April 2015
    SKY agree to the name change but please confirm the prize situation for weekly and monthly.
  • edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol
  • edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Did you like the_don90s impression of you earlier in the thread? :D
  • edited April 2015
    yes dohhhhhhh but i think your impression of "Mr glum" the man with no sense of humour is way better lighten up.
  • edited April 2015
    SKY agree to the name change but please confirm the prize situation for weekly and monthly.
    Posted by Boxster
    @ sky, please confirm prize changes for DTD

while your at it, can you confirm why/ what is happening with the thurs PL08 league. you've stopped the prizes mid month without warning or explanation,
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : @ sky, please confirm prize changes for DTD while your at it, can you confirm why/ what is happening with the thurs PL08 league. you've stopped the prizes mid month without warning or explanation,
    Posted by suzy666
    Please also confirm on other prizes such as the Mastercash spin up challenge and DYM challenge.
  • edited April 2015

Morning all.

Hospital pass received. ;)

No, there will not be any prizes, going forward, for the Monday night "DTD" (as was) trio of MTT's, & these will be re-named. I'm not sure of the new name, but I gather something like "Sky Community 1/2/3" or similar.

However, the reg fees on these have been removed, & this will remain the case indefinitely.

I think they felt it right to give at least something, in acknowledgement to Michael, & his team of helpers who organise it, & all the loyal players who turn up every week.  

Financially, it is not an exact match, but prizes are generally ex-gratia, so at least it's something.  
  • edited April 2015

Several other questions were raised, as to various prizes for PLO8, MasterCash & DYM Challenges.

I was & am unaware of any changes to these, (not that I necessarily would), but I'll ask The Man this morning what the position is, & respond on the thread as soon as I hear back - hopefully this morning.
  • edited April 2015
     No  SPTS,  NO  861  and now u withdraw the weekly/monthly prizes, shame on you SKYPOKER ,Is this how u treat your loyal community based customers. One word SHOCKING.
  • edited April 2015
    Completely concur with REDARROWS.

LOL - 'The first thing to say is that we will continue to help run this and support for the community. We know it's fun for a lot of people and we're happy to help that. '

Basically they have just changed the name of tournaments - probably due to business pressures of DTD name.

Am I missing something - or what is the incentive to play in all 3 tournaments ?
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Sky Poker.

Its really disaponting to find out that the prizes have been withdrawn for a community which work so hard to run this every week/month.

The biggest problem I see going forward is that there is no longer an incentive for the indepentents to play it and there is also no incentive for the organisers to organise it. So apart from the bragging rights for the league, I don't see how it can continue to flourish.

Once the independents withdraw (as there is no incentive) it will only be a matter of time before the whole league collapses.

I have to be honest on this occasion and say, I don't see why or how the organisers who have put so much work into this can or will continue to do so, it is just not viable.

I think I can speak for the community when I say, (in light of recent events) the majority of us will feel like we are being punished because of a minority. You may say this has no bearing on the decision to withdraw the prizes, however, i'm afraid on this occasion, that is how it is going to seem.
  • edited April 2015
    Was just starting to play the Monday nights again, but don't if i will continue now.
    It appears that anything that DH had an association with is under review, hence the PLO8 Thurs night prizes are being reviewed although DH only played 1 and is run by Churchy.
    Friday Orfordable appears untouched and rightly so.

Keep on Plopping !
  • edited April 2015
    Completely concur with REDARROWS. LOL - 'The first thing to say is that we will continue to help run this and support for the community. We know it's fun for a lot of people and we're happy to help that. ' Basically they have just changed the name of tournaments - probably due to business pressures of DTD name. Am I missing something - or what is the incentive to play in all 3 tournaments ?
    Posted by retropete
    I'm guessing, the same as playing any other poker tournament.
  • edited April 2015
    Several other questions were raised, as to various prizes for PLO8, MasterCash & DYM Challenges. I was & am unaware of any changes to these, (not that I necessarily would), but I'll ask The Man this morning what the position is, & respond on the thread as soon as I hear back - hopefully this morning.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Afternoon. Where did the morning go?

I've now heard back from Mr Man.

There are NO CHANGES to the prize schemes for any other Community Competitions - none at all.

They will continue "as is", & indefinitely.

So those mentioned above, & the Orfordable one run by PokerTrev, & any others except the DTD set, will remain AS IS. All prizes will remain.

More follows......

• edited April 2015

The delay in responding this morning was because I've been trying to find out where this information arose.

I suspect it may have been assumed, perhaps because e-Mails had not been answered, or sent to the wrong people.

You (those who organize these things) all seem to have different points of contact. The problem is that roles in the office move around, & some of the e-Mail addresses are no longer in use.

So, to ensure we get better lines of communication in future.....

If you run any of these Community Competitions, (those listed above, or any others) please communicate in future with me, either on the Community, or via PM.

• edited April 2015

Just to reiterate, DTD excepted, ALL the existing Community Prize Schemes remain intact, nothing has changed.

• edited April 2015
    Hi Sky Poker. Its really disaponting to find out that the prizes have been withdrawn for a community which work so hard to run this every week/month. The biggest problem I see going forward is that there is no longer an incentive for the indepentents to play it and there is also no incentive for the organisers to organise it. So apart from the bragging rights for the league, I don't see how it can continue to flourish. Once the independents withdraw (as there is no incentive) it will only be a matter of time before the whole league collapses. I have to be honest on this occasion and say, I don't see why or how the organisers who have put so much work into this can or will continue to do so, it is just not viable. I think I can speak for the community when I say, (in light of recent events) the majority of us will feel like we are being punished because of a minority. You may say this has no bearing on the decision to withdraw the prizes, however, i'm afraid on this occasion, that is how it is going to seem.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Trevor has said it all and I totally agree.
  • edited April 2015
    Great news tony and thanks for getting the info