You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum DTD changes

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes:
    The delay in responding this morning was because I've been trying to find out where this information arose. I suspect it may have been assumed, perhaps because e-Mails had not been answered, or sent to the wrong people. You (those who organize these things) all seem to have different points of contact. The problem is that roles in the office move around, & some of the e-Mail addresses are no longer in use.   So, to ensure we get better lines of communication in future..... If you run any of these Community Competitions, (those listed above, or any others) please communicate in future with me, either on the Community, or via PM.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can I draw your attention to this.........

Friday 24th April 

£2,500 G’tee Bounty Hunter @ 21.30  

lelly01

You know she is going to tie you up in chains & whip you for a week if it hasn't been sorted this week :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Can I draw your attention to this......... Friday 24 th April   £2,500 G’tee Bounty Hunter @ 21.30    “ lelly01 ” You know she is going to tie you up in chains & whip you for a week if it hasn't been sorted this week :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I imagine that provides a good reason to 'forget' the entry again ;)
  • edited April 2015
    On the DTD prize thing - is there anyway that a sidepot could be built to enable prizes to be self-funded by those that choose to play in the league?

I don't know how, but some mechanism that allows all participants to pay 50p in to every week (given the rake saving) and enable a weekly and monthly seat prize aligned to how many runners take part.

And before I get any responses, I know that on a personal basis this is essentially me just asking to donate extra cash every week with zero chance of getting anything in return :/
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Can I draw your attention to this......... Friday 24 th April   £2,500 G’tee Bounty Hunter @ 21.30    “ lelly01 ” You know she is going to tie you up in chains & whip you for a week if it hasn't been sorted this week :)
    Posted by POKERTREV

Already sorted, Trev. The punishment was way too onerous to even think about. I'm more a trains & bridges man myself, though I do enjoy perving the occasional backhoe excavator.   

Here's the Lobby for tonight, as of now......

lelly0120000
  • edited April 2015
    On the DTD prize thing - is there anyway that a sidepot could be built to enable prizes to be self-funded by those that choose to play in the league? I don't know how, but some mechanism that allows all participants to pay 50p in to every week (given the rake saving) and enable a weekly and monthly seat prize aligned to how many runners take part. And before I get any responses, I know that on a personal basis this is essentially me just asking to donate extra cash every week with zero chance of getting anything in return :/
    Posted by shakinaces
    You can just bank transfer me 50p weekly if you want Shaky.

It's a shame Sky have binned off the prizes in what is far and away the most popular forum event. The no reg fee seems like a hollow compromise; I'd hazard a guess that of the people who play it weekly, they'd much prefer to just pay the 50p rake as standard and have the chance to compete for some added bonuses.

The DTD event has been run for years, mostly seamlessly, and now everyone involved in it is suffering due to the actions of 2 people.

I appreciate I'm biased as I might have had the odd freebie over the last 2 years ;)
  • edited April 2015
    I used to play every Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday on SKY Poker because the TV show was on for five hours & Monday night because of the DTD competition.

I still play Thursday because of the Hi Lo competition but have stopped Tuesday & Sunday. Now the DTD is probably in terminal decline with the removal of individual prizes so I may end up not playing Mondays as well.

I have loved playing on SKY Poker but it seems that the last few months (along with culling of SPTs last year) has forced players to try other sites. It won't be long before many make other sites their main home.

I really hope that this doesn't happen & that SKY Poker give serious thought to reconsidering some kind of incentive like weekly & monthly prizes to keep players playing on SKY.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by POKERTREV
    no chains or whips needed trev,im in for tonight :) thanks you for sorting it for me,ill sort you out with a beer when i tid :) x
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : I imagine that provides a good reason to 'forget' the entry again ;)
    Posted by shakinaces
     you wana be whipped ??? i can arrange it :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Already sorted, Trev. The punishment was way too onerous to even think about. I'm more a trains & bridges man myself, though I do enjoy perving the occasional backhoe excavator.    Here's the Lobby for tonight, as of now...... lelly01 2000 0
    Posted by Tikay10
    aaaaaw Tikay! was looking forward to floggin you! :P
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : You can just bank transfer me 50p weekly if you want Shaky. It's a shame Sky have binned off the prizes in what is far and away the most popular forum event. The no reg fee seems like a hollow compromise; I'd hazard a guess that of the people who play it weekly, they'd much prefer to just pay the 50p rake as standard and have the chance to compete for some added bonuses. The DTD event has been run for years, mostly seamlessly, and now everyone involved in it is suffering due to the actions of 2 people. I appreciate I'm biased as I might have had the odd freebie over the last 2 years ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : You can just bank transfer me 50p weekly if you want Shaky. It's a shame Sky have binned off the prizes in what is far and away the most popular forum event. The no reg fee seems like a hollow compromise; I'd hazard a guess that of the people who play it weekly, they'd much prefer to just pay the 50p rake as standard and have the chance to compete for some added bonuses. The DTD event has been run for years, mostly seamlessly, and now everyone involved in it is suffering due to the actions of 2 people. I appreciate I'm biased as I might have had the odd freebie over the last 2 years ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Agree with the sentiments although I suspect the reason for the Individual Prizes being removed is not purely due to the reasons you suggest.
  • edited April 2015
    On the DTD prize thing - is there anyway that a sidepot could be built to enable prizes to be self-funded by those that choose to play in the league? I don't know how, but some mechanism that allows all participants to pay 50p in to every week (given the rake saving) and enable a weekly and monthly seat prize aligned to how many runners take part. And before I get any responses, I know that on a personal basis this is essentially me just asking to donate extra cash every week with zero chance of getting anything in return :/
    Posted by shakinaces

I agree with what most people have said, and I personally would rather pay the rake and have it go towards an individual prize of sorts for the best 2 from 3 weekly prize, or a monthly prize.
    Perhaps the team aspect should be purely played for bragging rights and railing (although our team usually just bok - is that the right spelling and usage Sam ;-)).
    I picked Shaky's post here as he has put forward a possible alternative, which I would fully support if the logistics can be sorted.

Neil
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : I agree with what most people have said, and I personally would rather pay the rake and have it go towards an individual prize of sorts for the best 2 from 3 weekly prize, or a monthly prize. Perhaps the team aspect should be purely played for bragging rights and railing (although our team usually just bok - is that the right spelling and usage Sam ;-)). I picked Shaky's post here as he has put forward a possible alternative, which I would fully support if the logistics can be sorted. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Agree.

Although reinstating individual prizes would keep the games flourishing. I just fear the whole thing collapsing soon.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : I agree with what most people have said, and I personally would rather pay the rake and have it go towards an individual prize of sorts for the best 2 from 3 weekly prize, or a monthly prize. Perhaps the team aspect should be purely played for bragging rights and railing (although our team usually just bok - is that the right spelling and usage Sam ;-)). I picked Shaky's post here as he has put forward a possible alternative, which I would fully support if the logistics can be sorted. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62

I am not a bok ;)

+1 to shaky

Not sure how many runners all 3 games had as the games not in my lobby anymore. 
    But I'll guestimate at 500 x that by .50p and yr looking at £250 per week. 
    So a 1k freeroll per month would feel like a big bonus to alot of people and maybe attract more IND's to get involved and also get more traffic on the day of the FR as people will be online for it when they may not normally be playing.

Surely there is a way to just put the rake in a pot? as I'm pretty sure 50p off or a 1k free roll is not even comparable.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : I am not a bok ;) +1 to shaky Not sure how many runners all 3 games had as the games not in my lobby anymore.  But I'll guestimate at 500 x that by .50p and yr looking at £250 per week.  So a 1k freeroll per month would feel like a big bonus to alot of people and maybe attract more IND's to get involved and also get more traffic on the day of the FR as people will be online for it when they may not normally be playing. Surely there is a way to just put the rake in a pot? as I'm pretty sure 50p off or a 1k free roll is not even comparable.
    Posted by samantha25
    They run with between 100 and 200 entrants each so the rake is closer to around £80 a week.
  • edited April 2015
    dur I was being totes blonde Mike, forgot the same runners in each game ;) .... sigh, I'll shut up lol
  • edited April 2015
    Roughly, DTD1 & DTD2 got around 220 runners & DTD3 got around 150 runners.

That is about £96 in rake each week. 
  • edited April 2015
    Even at close to a £100, still enough to split into a few prizes, be it weekly or monthy.
    Seems a touch silly to ignore the community that play it and take the fun element away TBH, you heard the saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it"? ;)
  • edited April 2015
    dur I was being totes blonde Mike, forgot the same runners in each game ;) .... sigh, I'll shut up lol
    Posted by samantha25
    Wp Sam.

And Ice Tiger, if not for the recent event, why do you think the prizes have been suddenly scrapped?

I can't think of any other reason, and this is reinforced by the fact that no other forum comps are having their bonuses binned. But open to other suggestions as to why.

Edit - I'd have thought if Sky were reviewing the whole process of prize giveaways, DTD would be the last one touched due to its weekly popularity. Just my 2 cents.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Wp Sam. And Ice Tiger, if not for the recent event, why do you think the prizes have been suddenly scrapped? I can't think of any other reason, and this is reinforced by the fact that no other forum comps are having their bonuses binned. But open to other suggestions as to why. Edit - I'd have thought if Sky were reviewing the whole process of prize giveaways, DTD would be the last one touched due to its weekly popularity. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It is the most expensive.

Do you think it has something to do with that collusion case where the colluders got it all in pre vs each other?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : It is the most expensive. Do you think it has something to do with that collusion case where the colluders got it all in pre vs each other?
    Posted by bbMike
    It's the most expensive because its the most popular? Fair enough, they gave out a fair few prizes for it; if it was proving too costly, why not reduce the prizes in number and value?

I thought, with the timing, the collusion case might have had something to do with it. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought process. If that's not the case then so be it and I stand corrected.

I'm gonna ignore that question, completely pointless remark from yourself.
  • edited April 2015

The decision was not based on how much it cost, or made, the Business.

There is not much between what the prizes cost, & the loss of the margin generated by removal of the Reg Fee, certainly not enough to make much difference.

The Business has always allowed me to donate prizes on their behalf as & when I see fit, & I shall continue to do so for the foreseeable future. These are not restricted to current or existing Community Competitions, more can be added if suitable ones are suggested.

For now, the Reg Fee on those 3 MTT's has been removed, & instead, there will not be any prizes. That is something that can be reviewed a little way down the line.   

• edited April 2015
    The decision was not based on how much it cost, or made, the Business. There is not much between what the prizes cost, & the loss of the margin generated by removal of the Reg Fee, certainly not enough to make much difference. The Business has always allowed me to donate prizes on their behalf as & when I see fit, & I shall continue to do so for the foreseeable future. These are not restricted to current or existing Community Competitions, more can be added if suitable ones are suggested. For now, the Reg Fee on those 3 MTT's has been removed, & instead, there will not be any prizes. That is something that can be reviewed a little way down the line.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Even after the last UKOPs?!

Thought your prize giving days would be behind you after that :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Even after the last UKOPs?! Thought your prize giving days would be behind you after that :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Groan, don't remind me.

Cliffs for those who missed it - I made a pigs ear of a Community Comp, so ended up giving out twice as many prizes. Proper silly.   
  • edited April 2015
    The decision was not based on how much it cost, or made, the Business. There is not much between what the prizes cost, & the loss of the margin generated by removal of the Reg Fee, certainly not enough to make much difference. The Business has always allowed me to donate prizes on their behalf as & when I see fit, & I shall continue to do so for the foreseeable future. These are not restricted to current or existing Community Competitions, more can be added if suitable ones are suggested. For now, the Reg Fee on those 3 MTT's has been removed, & instead, there will not be any prizes. That is something that can be reviewed a little way down the line.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    normally, i don't play on mondays so i neither choose to play or choose not to play.  therefore, with no axe to grind, it seems like a fair and well thought through solution. 

there is no longer a reward for one group of players at the expense of another group.  every player now benefits instead.

importantly, because of recent events, skypoker are no longer giving an incentive to play as a group.  they do not really have many sensible options. 

sorted it out well, skypoker.

• edited April 2015

just recently, i think that there should have been a prize for the UKOPS best player.  it is an opportunity missed.  one time before skypoker offered a £1,100 UKPC prize, if i recall correctly.

the opportunity for skypoker to entice players to join in to UKOPS was simply not grasped.  potential revenue and profit lost.

• edited April 2015
    The big shame is DTD was originally set up by Michael Daly as an individual competion based on a player playing all 3 tournys,the team element came later, yet SKY have withdrawn the additional prizes for Michaels origninal concept. A great shame IMO after all the hard work he did.
  • edited April 2015
    just recently, i think that there should have been a prize for the UKOPS best player.  it is an opportunity missed.  the time before skypoker offered a £1,100 UKPC prize, if i recall correctly. the opportunity for skypoker to entice players to join in to UKOPS was simply not grasped.  potential revenue and profit lost.  
    Posted by aussie09
    It was looked at Rob, but on balance, it was decided against on that occasion. It's nice to win it, but I would guess it is hard to find evidence that it generated any, or many, additional players.
  • edited April 2015
    The big shame is DTD was originally set up by  Michael Daly  as an individual competion based on a player playing all 3 tournys,the team element came later, yet SKY have withdrawn the additional prizes for Michaels origninal concept. A great shame IMO after all the hard work he did .
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Personally, I most certainly have great sympathy for Michael, who worked very hard indeed, as did his team of helpers.
  • edited April 2015

michael's original concept is fine.  to his great credit it can be seen that his work has evolved into an evening of great entertainment where skypoker facilitate the games, now without charging.  good work, michael and scouse_red.