You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum DTD changes

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes:
    As for a new name, I would like Community Forum Competition. CFC
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Your not a Cardiff Football Club fan are you Craig?

Nice post btw...COMUNITY FTW

EDIT...just learnt you are a scot so must be a Celtic Football Club fan
  • edited April 2015
    As for a new name, I would like Community Forum Competition. CFC
    Posted by 67Bhoys

HH ;-)

loved the sentiments in your earlier post vw said
  • edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol

I chucked that flippant remark in on the first page of this thread dohhhhh thought it was out of order the timing of it in hind sight wasn't great and I apologise to any body who thought it was in bad taste.
    anybody who follows the dtd thread after the results have been tabled will perhaps have noticed a post not long ago where
    I commented that having finished stone cold last in the table for two weeks running that I wasn't going to set a record that probably would  never be beaten.

to cut a long story short a week gone Monday i not only managed to finish 6th over all but managed to  win dtd 3 a result that  I was very proud off hence the silly remark i posted.

I would like to thank the lads who do anamazing job running this competition for the great job they do  and the friends who have made on chat amongst the sky community for the kind words of encouragement both when I was last then when I managed to win for helping me to become a better player still not good but definitely better what a great hobby we share
    I play regularly in the low level mtt,s and only joined the dtds because that was the weekly competition everybody talked about first I started railing friends then took the plunge and despite it being like a monty python sketch trying to cope with
    three tabling opening shutting and being in a panic like state I was hooked.
    unfortunately due to nature of my job I have to work Monday nights this time of year so I wont be able to play in the3 till
    end of September but I'll still be there railing the later stages.

I hope this competition  is still  as well supported what ever named  it has both to reward the work of the organisers
    and to give us little fish to test ourselves against the next level up .

sky community lets all share a group hug whether we be sharks, big fish or in some cases just little tiddlers. xxx db

• edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol I chucked that flippant remark in on the first page of this thread dohhhhh thought it was out of order the timing of it in hind sight wasn't great and I apologise to any body who thought it was in bad taste. anybody who follows the dtd thread after the results have been tabled will perhaps have noticed a post not long ago where I commented that having finished stone cold last in the table for two weeks running that I wasn't going to set a record that probably would  never be beaten. to cut a long story short a week gone Monday i not only managed to finish 6th over all but managed to  win dtd 3 a result that  I was very proud off hence the silly remark i posted. I would like to thank the lads who do anamazing job running this competition for the great job they do  and the friends who have made on chat amongst the sky community for the kind words of encouragement both when I was last then when I managed to win for helping me to become a better player still not good but definitely better what a great hobby we share . I play regularly in the low level mtt,s and only joined the dtds because that was the weekly competition everybody talked about first I started railing friends then took the plunge and despite it being like a monty python sketch trying to cope with three tabling opening shutting and being in a panic like state I was hooked. unfortunately due to nature of my job I have to work Monday nights this time of year so I wont be able to play in the3 till end of September but I'll still be there railing the later stages. I hope this competition  is still  as well supported what ever named  it has both to reward the work of the organisers and to give us little fish to test ourselves against the next level up . sky community lets all share a group hug whether we be sharks, big fish or in some cases just little tiddlers. xxx db    
    Posted by dumb_blond
    ?

My one and only post on this thread DB was a rubdown for my mate, 'The_don90' who did his very best impression of a 'dumb blonde' 2nd post in. 

Sorry if you misread it :) 

• edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol I chucked that flippant remark in on the first page of this thread dohhhhh thought it was out of order the timing of it in hind sight wasn't great and I apologise to any body who thought it was in bad taste. anybody who follows the dtd thread after the results have been tabled will perhaps have noticed a post not long ago where I commented that having finished stone cold last in the table for two weeks running that I wasn't going to set a record that probably would  never be beaten. to cut a long story short a week gone Monday i not only managed to finish 6th over all but managed to  win dtd 3 a result that  I was very proud off hence the silly remark i posted. I would like to thank the lads who do anamazing job running this competition for the great job they do  and the friends who have made on chat amongst the sky community for the kind words of encouragement both when I was last then when I managed to win for helping me to become a better player still not good but definitely better what a great hobby we share . I play regularly in the low level mtt,s and only joined the dtds because that was the weekly competition everybody talked about first I started railing friends then took the plunge and despite it being like a monty python sketch trying to cope with three tabling opening shutting and being in a panic like state I was hooked. unfortunately due to nature of my job I have to work Monday nights this time of year so I wont be able to play in the3 till end of September but I'll still be there railing the later stages. I hope this competition  is still  as well supported what ever named  it has both to reward the work of the organisers and to give us little fish to test ourselves against the next level up . sky community lets all share a group hug whether we be sharks, big fish or in some cases just little tiddlers. xxx db    
    Posted by dumb_blond

Don't worry DB, Dohhhhhh and Don have been having a bromance for a few years now.  His reply to your post was just his version of whispering sweet nothings in Dons ear.

+1 to your group hug, though I don't know if I want to expose my little tiddler at the same time.
  • edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol
    Posted by dumb_blond

Did you like the_don90s impression of you earlier in the thread? :D

I'm pleased we cleared that up D I thought it was a dig at me that on reflection I maybe deserved at first glance.
    I didn't realise  it was pillow talk between yourself and the don maybe your not such a miserable old sod after all.
    I thought it was a very nice gesture of support for you to bring your gang to the completion last Monday.  xx db.

+1 to your group hug, though I don't know if I want to expose my little tiddler at the same time. 

a shame that about bhoys I'm off to Benidorm with 3 mates on Tuesday for 11 nights on a girlie holiday with a bit more notice you could have come with us and we could have helped you get over that shyness  xxxdb
  • edited April 2015
    the blond one goes from last to first and all hell breaks loose lol Posted by dumb_blond Did you like the_don90s impression of you earlier in the thread? :D I'm pleased we cleared that up D I thought it was a dig at me that on reflection I maybe deserved at first glance. I didn't realise  it was pillow talk between yourself and the don maybe your not such a miserable old sod after all. I thought it was a very nice gesture of support for you to bring your gang to the completion last Monday.  xx db. +1 to your group hug, though I don't know if I want to expose my little tiddler at the same time.   a shame that about bhoys I'm off to Benidorm with 3 mates on Tuesday for 11 nights on a girlie holiday with a bit more notice you could have come with us and we could have helped you get over that shyness  xxxdb
    Posted by dumb_blond
    What time do we fly out?
  • edited April 2015
    bhoys  i've explained the situation  to the girls and they've agreed to help with anything that pops its head up.
    it was suggested that if you brought your snorkel it might come in handy.
    see you tomorrow afternoon on the lavante beach.
  • edited April 2015
    I did ask earlier but haven't recieved a reply yet.

Are SKY going to honour this month's monthly prizes as their decision to withdraw prizes was made halfway through this month's competition?
  • edited April 2015
    I did ask earlier but haven't recieved a reply yet. Are SKY going to honour this month's monthly prizes as their decision to withdraw prizes was made halfway through this month's competition?
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Morning Tiger.

I would suggest you drop a note to whoever is the normal point of contact for this, the person who agreed the prizes. It's not something I've been involved with, so I don't know the drill. Has the question already been asked, except on here? It's unlikely they would monitor this thread.

If you don't get a reply, let me know, & I'll try & find out who is dealing with it.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Morning Tiger. I would suggest you drop a note to whoever is the normal point of contact for this, the person who agreed the prizes. It's not something I've been involved with, so I don't know the drill. Has the question already been asked, except on here? It's unlikely they would monitor this thread. If you don't get a reply, let me know, & I'll try & find out who is dealing with it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay (prompt reply, as ever)

I don't know the answer but will pass it across to the guys that run it. While I was miles away from a prize, I do think the guys that finished top three deserve the prizes offered when they played the first two weeks.
  • edited April 2015
    I did ask earlier but haven't recieved a reply yet. Are SKY going to honour this month's monthly prizes as their decision to withdraw prizes was made halfway through this month's competition?
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    I totally agree mate, if the prizes were announced at the start, they should be honoured this month.

The individual prize was withdrawn this week, so no one can have any complaints about not receiving a prize.  It was still a fantastic turnout, showing great support for all the guys involved in running it.

So guess what idiot decided that this week, above all others, would be a good time to win the bloody thing.

Oh well I'll just have to console myself with my consolation prize........

Levante beach, here I come

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : I totally agree mate, if the prizes were announced at the start, they should be honoured this month. The individual prize was withdrawn this week, so no one can have any complaints about not receiving a prize.  It was still a fantastic turnout, showing great support for all the guys involved in running it. So guess what idiot decided that this week, above all others, would be a good time to win the bloody thing. Oh well I'll just have to console myself with my consolation prize........ Levante beach, here I come
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Being that in typical CFC fashion both you and I won the weeks that had no prizes (although your performance last night was deserving of a prize on its own) I think there should be a sponsored whip round to send both of us out to keep DB and her pals company.........way too much of a job for just one old Celtic supporter (likely too much for two old Celtic supporters - but a fun challenge)  ;-))))
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Being that in typical CFC fashion both you and I won the weeks that had no prizes (although your performance last night was deserving of a prize on its own) I think there should be a sponsored whip round to send both of us out to keep DB and her pals company.........way too much of a job for just one old Celtic supporter (likely too much for two old Celtic supporters - but a fun challenge)  ;-))))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Big +1
  • edited April 2015
    I'll start a whip round for you both, as long as I get a cast iron guarantee you won't take any speedos.
  • edited April 2015
    I'll start a whip round for you both, as long as I get a cast iron guarantee you won't take any speedos.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    we're hoping to not be wearing any speedos at all while we are there with the lovely young ladies.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I'd rarther see them in speedo's than in that lime green mankini Jimi posted a pic of last week thanks!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : we're hoping to not be wearing any speedos at all while we are there with the lovely young ladies.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Just gonna wear the snorkel that DB requested you bring?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Just gonna wear the snorkel that DB requested you bring?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    apparently it is a health and safety requirement, so yes, the snorkel and a big smile.
  • edited April 2015
    You do know that DB is a bloke called Colin from Rochdale right? :-))
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    As long as it's not Colin CTBN.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : As long as it's not Colin CTBN.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : As long as it's not Colin CTBN.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    He is from further north, but he does take up at least a couple of postcodes.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    Shucks Vespa - you have now totally spolied my mental image of DB in Benidorm.

• edited April 2015
    Phantom, can you tell me what the picture is?

I go on holiday on Thursday, be nice to know what it is before I leave ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Phantom, can you tell me what the picture is? I go on holiday on Thursday, be nice to know what it is before I leave ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well seeing as you ask, and I dont want to start another still waiting thread...

edit:just to be clear that is the image I now have after Vespa's post. My image from before Vespa's post would not get past the censor!
  • edited April 2015
    Just saw that pic Phantom

Put me right off my breakfast
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Morning Tiger. I would suggest you drop a note to whoever is the normal point of contact for this, the person who agreed the prizes. It's not something I've been involved with, so I don't know the drill. Has the question already been asked, except on here? It's unlikely they would monitor this thread. If you don't get a reply, let me know, & I'll try & find out who is dealing with it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks guys for the question and support, sky have confirmed to me that they will honour the prizes this month which total over £200 wd Sky ;')
    I will confirm all in due course on the dtd thread.
    Jon
  • edited April 2015