You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum DTD changes

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes:
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : My conscience is very clear, thanks. I think if someone colluded against you, then tried to implicate you in the affair, you'd be pretty peeved no? So no sympathy from me whatsoever. Indeed, and as you say, if he'd gone through the proper channels initially then the outcome might have been much different. But he didn't, choosing instead to try and lie himself out of the hole he had dug. And for the record, I did mostly keep out of it. Plenty of times I could've joined in but abstained. The 'If....' thread was particularly hard to keep out of, with people incorrectly saying the allegations were ''baseless'' and ''unfounded''.   The only people responsible for 2 people being banned for collusion, are the 2 people involved in said collusion. I'm amazed you are trying to deflect blame from the culprits.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You are correct.

It appears that your conscience is clear. I suspect that others might have more of a moral compass and will accept their role in the result. While you were not the worst culprit, all those who involved themselves in discussing this on the Forum come out of this with little credit.

You might need to be careful what you post because I have seen people forum banned for saying less.

If you want to discuss it, I will be at MK.

Not trying to get at anyone but maybe if you looked at previous incidents & understood the history, you might take a slightly different view.

Tikay is trying to steer a diplomatic course in tricky circumstances and we should stand back & hope that he can reinstate the individual prizes in due course. I trust that this month's prizes will be awarded as agreed, although will not be anywhere close to winning any.
  • edited April 2015
    +1 to Steve The initial act was carried out by 2 individuals but would that alone have resulted in this? Very unlikely imo. This is not down to 1 act of collusion that took place in a team game, it's down to the total circus that ensued all over the internet afterwards. Whether you agree with the way it was dealt with on various other sites/forums or not, that's another matter, but I think it's pretty clear that it's this part that has caused this change
    Posted by Lambert180
    + 1
  • edited April 2015
    I'm gonna (try!) not say anything else on the matter, as it's going over old ground and I think it's time we all moved on. I hope Sky look at the prizes thing in due course, but myself and others will continue to support Michael's great competition weekly, and I thank the people involved who make it happen every Monday.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : There was a circus Paul because DH was sending stupid PM's to anyone that would listen accusing hhf and outlaws of having a 4yr grudge v him, when everyone knows we've not even been together a year. If DH had just said yes i did it end of (he did on sky but retracted) then none of this would have happened. Meh carry on blaming us tho if you like.
    Posted by samantha25
    No-one is disputing the wrongs that were done (or at least I'm not anyway), maybe it was a lie details were sent to Sky, who knows, none of that matters really. 

The fact is, all the info could have been collated and sent to sky, same result happens for the two involved and DTD goes on as normal OR it could be plastered all over multiple social media/poker forum sites for weeks, get the same result for the two as the first method except it also induces Sky to do stuff like this.

The 2 people are to blame for getting themselves banned, the complete farce that happened afterwards, blame probably lies (for the most part) elsewhere.

I cba posting on this thread anymore and as Dagg said it's only gonna go downhill and get closed, but that is my view.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : No-one is disputing the wrongs that were done (or at least I'm not anyway), maybe it was a lie details were sent to Sky, who knows, none of that matters really.  The fact is, all the info could have been collated and sent to sky, same result happens for the two involved and DTD goes on as normal OR it could be plastered all over multiple social media/poker forum sites for weeks, get the same result for the two as the first method except it also induces Sky to do stuff like this. The 2 people are to blame for getting themselves banned, the complete farce that happened afterwards, blame probably lies (for the most part) elsewhere. I cba posting on this thread anymore and as Dagg said it's only gonna go downhill and get closed, but that is my view.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : No-one is disputing the wrongs that were done (or at least I'm not anyway), maybe it was a lie details were sent to Sky, who knows, none of that matters really.  The fact is, all the info could have been collated and sent to sky, same result happens for the two involved and DTD goes on as normal OR it could be plastered all over multiple social media/poker forum sites for weeks, get the same result for the two as the first method except it also induces Sky to do stuff like this. The 2 people are to blame for getting themselves banned, the complete farce that happened afterwards, blame probably lies (for the most part) elsewhere. I cba posting on this thread anymore and as Dagg said it's only gonna go downhill and get closed, but that is my view.
    Posted by Lambert180

ok I give up, all I will say is if the info SKY had was enough to ban HP, why did DH not get banned at the same time? it was a joint offence... which is why people were having their 2p worth.

anyway I'll leave it, just don't like being blamed... don't think I have said a word on the subject since he was banned, on any social media site as it wasn't about being smug, just a fair outcome.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Probably pointless us discussing it, as we are poles apart in our opinions. However, trying to claim that people who did nothing wrong are partially to blame for damaging DTD is beyond absurd. DTD was damaged by 2 people, and 2 people only, and they are now both banned from the site. But I think the Monday night community is more than strong enough to show that DTD can still prosper despite everything, and I hope Sky reconsider their prize stance in due course.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You do know that there have been more then one incident reported to Sky this year about alledged cheating in the DTD? Maybe Sky thought that enough is enough?  Blaming everything on two people is totally incorrect.

IMHO I don't think this will make any real differance to the  numbers playing the DTD.  How many people play this because of the prizes on offer????  I'm guessing not too many.  Most people play it because it's a great nights poker with great banter on the tables.  Nothing has changed in that department apart from it has just got even cheaper!  Winner winner chicken dinner as the youth of today are saying so I've been told
  • edited April 2015
    I've seen a handful of threads over the past 18 months relating to collusion on the Sky forum and none of them have thrown such anger at the players who have highlighted any misdemeanour.

Players have been banned and promo payments ceased as a result of the subsequent Sky investigation, the person that highlighted the issue was told they probably shouldn't have aired it in public (naturally, no gaming sites wants potential customers to think they are anything other than 100% legit and safe) - but widely slapped on the back by the community and told well done for uncovering said misdemeanour and helping keep the site 100% legit for the rest of the community.

I still can't get my head around why that isn't the case this time and the anger seems to be wholly directed at anyone that raised a flag that something untoward had occurred.

That said, it's a crazy world and I am a naive numpty that gets very easily confused :)

Anyway, hope we get a good turnout for DTD this Monday.  Even if there can't be a workaround for the prizes, who doesn't love a chance to brag that they won / lasted longest in their team / have a bit of banter at the table with mates, which can often be missing in the usual grind!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : It was looked at Rob, but on balance, it was decided against on that occasion. It's nice to win it, but I would guess it is hard to find evidence that it generated any, or many, additional players.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I only missed 1 event in the last UKOPs but this time missed quite a few of them that I would have played had there been that added incentive! :)
  • edited April 2015
    I could be wrong, but I think this is the first case where the evidence of collusion was supplied by one of the culprits. It was evidence used to blackmail the other party despite the fact this would implicate himself. This player was then laughing and joking about it in on the sky tables before he was banned. Like I say, it's a strange case.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : A change of heart is possible, yes, nothing is set in stone, and it would need to be done a little differently. For now, best to let things settle down for a while before further changes are made. Please understand I don't make these decisions, I have no power, authority, clout or shout. I just try to explain to the Business how the players think, and equally, try and explain to players what the Business is thinking.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I can appreciate your position, and may I say I think you do a fine job as 'mediator'.

I have read today, since posting earlier, that the tables for dtd will continue to be compiled. As far as im concerned that should be enough, along with normal pay out and no rake, for the great night to continue untarnished.

It was reading that they wouldn't that compelled me to post earlier, although I hope you get it was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek and you have nothing to fear in terms of me turning up with placards or chaining myself to things. Although from what I read earlier and according to Trev, lelly is rather handy with the aforementioned ; )

Thanks for all the work you do for the community, the 'mistakes' with certain comps go a long way ; )

Regards James
  • edited April 2015

^^^^

Thanks James.
  • edited April 2015

Good morning.

Earlier in the thread, several people - Boxster, BBMike & others asked questions like.....

".....while your at it, can you confirm why/ what is happening with the thurs PL08 league. you've stopped the prizes mid month without warning or explanation...."

"....Please also confirm on other prizes such as the Mastercash spin up challenge and DYM challenge....."

This baffled me, as I was unaware of any such change. I asked the Office, & they did not know, either, so I was curious how all these rumours started. 

By chance, I found out last night, when one of the League organisers sent me a copy of an e-Mail he had received from the Office.

It said...

"......The awarding of prizes is currently being reviewed by the poker team and we will get back to everyone running these leagues/competitions once a decision has been reached....."

Note that it did NOT say "there will be no further prizes".

As has since been made clear, prizes for the various Community Leagues & the like will continue. Some may, if they go stale, be dropped, ideas for new ones can be proposed, considered & implemented.

For the moment, there will be no prizes for the Monday DTD leagues, but this can be re-considered once things have settled down. Everything else continues as is.  
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : Thanks for the reply. Yes I can appreciate your position, and may I say I think you do a fine job as 'mediator'. I have read today, since posting earlier, that the tables for dtd will continue to be compiled. As far as im concerned that should be enough, along with normal pay out and no rake, for the great night to continue untarnished. It was reading that they wouldn't that compelled me to post earlier, although I hope you get it was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek and you have nothing to fear in terms of me turning up with placards or chaining myself to things. Although from what I read earlier and according to Trev, lelly is rather handy with the aforementioned ; ) Thanks for all the work you do for the community, the 'mistakes' with certain comps go a long way ; ) Regards James
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    If those that compile tables do decide it's not worth their effort anymore, it's heartening to hear that there are others who might be willing to step in.
  • edited April 2015

first of all i'd like to thank sky poker for donating prizes to forum dtd these past 4 and a half years.

As for FORUM DTD this will continue as normal the thread will go up in poker chat on sundays & tables will be posted either monday nights or tuesday mornings.

As you all know forum dtd was set up for like minded people to have some fun and banter at the tables On monday when there were no prizes we had 109 players that played all 3 tourneys.

I would like to thank everyone for there support and i know that you will all continue to back a most enjoyable community game.

As most of you are aware we now have Live Events where the community meet up have a great weekend despite the fact there are no added prizes.

On behalf of myself and my excellent admin team once again i would like to thank you all and i look forward to seeing you in forum dtd on Monday.

Michael
  • edited April 2015

Michael, you are the greatest.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Forum DTD changes : You may try to distance yourself from responsibility but if the incident had been reported through the proper channels and people like yourself had kept your nose out of it then this wouldn't have happened. You can choose to think what you will if that keeps your conscience clear.  
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Wow...just wow.....so a guy who has been colluded against should "keep his nose out"?
  • edited April 2015
     first of all i'd like to thank sky poker for donating prizes to forum dtd these past 4 and a half years.    As for FORUM DTD this will continue as normal the thread will go up in poker chat on sundays & tables will be posted either monday nights or tuesday mornings.   As you all know forum dtd was set up for like minded people to have some fun and banter at the tables On monday when there were no prizes we had 109 players that played all 3 tourneys.   I would like to thank everyone for there support and i know that you will all continue to back a most enjoyable community game.   As most of you are aware we now have Live Events where the community meet up have a great weekend despite the fact there are no added prizes.    On behalf of myself and my excellent admin team once again i would like to thank you all and i look forward to seeing you in forum dtd on Monday.    Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I would like to echo everything that Michael has said above, Forum DTD is THE most successful community event on Sky Poker IMHO and has been for 4 1/2 years...... I think Michael can confirm that from the start it was always accepted that prizes would have regular reviews, and while this has happened and it's not to everyones liking i'm going to make this appeal to all Forum DTD players.

Please continue to play these tournaments, if for no other reason than to show your continued support for Michael himself who set up forum DTD  and has put in so much hard work ever since in making it the great success that it is.

yes prizes are nice as an added bonus, but, as the first live event showed, it's more than prizes it's cemented proper friendships that continue to this day, so please please continue to show your support for Michael And Forum DTD

also I must say thank you to Sky Adam and Tikay in particular who took onboard Michaels original concept and wholeheartedly supported it from day one 

but once again i'm going to say (and in bold) please continue to support Michael and the DTD crew as the hard work he has put in deserves at least that ..... thank you
  • edited April 2015

Nice posts Michael & Chris. Nice to see organisers coming onto this now 'spoilt' thread  and saying their piece.

I have supported DTD nights since day one, and actually instigated the awarding of 'free DTD seats' for the following week for 2nd & 3rd place finishers. I hope, with a bit of time to reflect by Sky Poker, at least these could be reinstated somehow.

• edited April 2015
    Hi Michael, Chris, MAXALLY and team, although im fairly new to sky and even newer to the forum and dtd nights, I must say how much I enjoy them and what a great job you all do in organising them and all the hard 'behind the scenes' work that must go into making them run smoothly week after week, thank you all very much.

I now regret part of my earlier post, although I tried to make it light hearted and tongue in cheek. I wrote it after reading that the tables and leagues etc would no longer be compiled which I thought was a great shame. later I then read 'from the horses mouth' so to speak that this was not the case and normal service would continue as per.
    In future I will reserve myself and try not to believe all that I read : )

I will certainly continue to support this great institution by playing Monday nights and very much look forward to meeting you all in June, thanks again

Regards James
  • edited April 2015
    A great positive .

Its another great step forward in my opinion, that sky poker has allowed peeps to give their opinion on said event and none of this disappointing  mentality ,
    oh this  discussion is closed  .

My recommendations . 

Oh for what that is  worth lol .
    In my opinion for skypoker to move forward in a positive way , they need to do more of the above , 
    maybe modeling the most voted for year on year successful forum poker site 2plus2  .

A great negative .

Very sad to see whistle blowers being demeaned , instead of being
     applauded .
    p.s captains & players / punters  of teams having to post on other sites  to avoid filters and state their case ,
    is a no brainier for this forum to sort out  .

I always think that a great barometer of a community where ever it may be , is to have a honest 
    policing control in place .

I would  like to thank skypoker ,  for letting me air my views . fingers crossed lol .

• edited April 2015
    In my opinion, there is nothing to be gained by raking over the coals, which this thread deteriorated into.  I sometimes feel that I am in a foxhole in no mans land, awaiting the opposing factions to stop firing. 

To get back to the point of the thread, I would like to see the individual prizes re-instated, but I am willing to accept the compromise of no rake, until it is reviewed.  The team prizes may, under the circumstances not be, but I think we have already had posts on this thread regarding alternatives, so hopefully we can between us come up with a solution.

The support for the DTD on Monday, with no prizes, tells you all you need to know about our community.  I for one hope that it will be instrumental in healing the rifts that unfortunately occurred over the last month.  I think that the organisers have shown great dignity, and deserve our full support.  I also commend them for getting the live DTD events up and running, again with no profit to themselves.  The support of the community for the live events, where they travel the length and breadth of the country, pay for hotel rooms, and other expenses, for a £55 buy in tournament, is also remarkable. 

We play the DTD and attend these live events, because those that have participated have become friends.  Although we ostensibly meet up to play poker, we like the social aspect, which was sadly missed when Sky dropped the SPTs.

I hope that Sky decide to re-instate the individual prizes, and that the inimitable community spirit continues to flourish.
  • edited April 2015
    I like added value and prizes as much as the next guy, but I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about the removal of the tournament entries.

Most tournaments we play have a prize pool that is made up purely of the money all the player put into it, so this is absolutely no different. I may be missing the bigger picture - it wouldn't be the first time - but it feels like a lot of posters are moaning about no longer getting something for nothing.
  • edited April 2015
    I like added value and prizes as much as the next guy, but I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about the removal of the tournament entries. Most tournaments we play have a prize pool that is made up purely of the money all the player put into it, so this is absolutely no different. I may be missing the bigger picture - it wouldn't be the first time - but it feels like a lot of posters are moaning about no longer getting something for nothing.
    Posted by Slipwater
    For me, the league element of not only the DTD, but the PLO8 and the Orfy are the added incentive to play certain tournaments.  And I think that the prizes for the leagues add an incentive for players. 

On the league nights, the tournaments get greater numbers than they do in non league nights.  Would the numbers go down if there were no actual prizes for the league?  I don't know. 
  • edited April 2015
    In my opinion, there is nothing to be gained by raking over the coals, which this thread deteriorated into.  I sometimes feel that I am in a foxhole in no mans land, awaiting the opposing factions to stop firing.  To get back to the point of the thread, I would like to see the individual prizes re-instated, but I am willing to accept the compromise of no rake, until it is reviewed.  The team prizes may, under the circumstances not be, but I think we have already had posts on this thread regarding alternatives, so hopefully we can between us come up with a solution. The support for the DTD on Monday, with no prizes, tells you all you need to know about our community.  I for one hope that it will be instrumental in healing the rifts that unfortunately occurred over the last month.  I think that the organisers have shown great dignity, and deserve our full support.  I also commend them for getting the live DTD events up and running, again with no profit to themselves.  The support of the community for the live events, where they travel the length and breadth of the country, pay for hotel rooms, and other expenses, for a £55 buy in tournament, is also remarkable We play the DTD and attend these live events, because those that have participated have become friends.  Although we ostensibly meet up to play poker, we like the social aspect, which was sadly missed when Sky dropped the SPTs. I hope that Sky decide to re-instate the individual prizes, and that the inimitable community spirit continues to flourish.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    fantastic post sums up the whole Forum DTD ethos perfectly m8
  • edited April 2015
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2,20 DEEPSTACK yet.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2015
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2,20 DEEPSTACK yet. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    ah the man himself, only problem is it's 6.32 :P
  • edited April 2015
    As for a new name, I would like Community Forum Competition.

CFC

• edited April 2015
    weve got the tour F.A.C.T forum and community tour....... so how about keeping it the same Forum and community Tournament
  • edited April 2015
    In my opinion, there is nothing to be gained by raking over the coals, which this thread deteriorated into.  I sometimes feel that I am in a foxhole in no mans land, awaiting the opposing factions to stop firing.  To get back to the point of the thread, I would like to see the individual prizes re-instated, but I am willing to accept the compromise of no rake, until it is reviewed.  The team prizes may, under the circumstances not be, but I think we have already had posts on this thread regarding alternatives, so hopefully we can between us come up with a solution. The support for the DTD on Monday, with no prizes, tells you all you need to know about our community.  I for one hope that it will be instrumental in healing the rifts that unfortunately occurred over the last month.  I think that the organisers have shown great dignity, and deserve our full support.  I also commend them for getting the live DTD events up and running, again with no profit to themselves.  The support of the community for the live events, where they travel the length and breadth of the country, pay for hotel rooms, and other expenses, for a £55 buy in tournament, is also remarkable.  We play the DTD and attend these live events, because those that have participated have become friends.  Although we ostensibly meet up to play poker, we like the social aspect, which was sadly missed when Sky dropped the SPTs. I hope that Sky decide to re-instate the individual prizes, and that the inimitable community spirit continues to flourish.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
                  +1
    Very well put Craig, superb post.
     Onwards and upwards, carry on regardless

Regards Alan (plo8 mentor and champ)