You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

Hello everyone,

We’re excited to reveal our brand new weekly Sky Poker Rewards Scheme, which will be launching from 1st June.

We wanted to give you all an early heads up of what to expect from the new and improved Sky Poker Rewards – there will be new levels to achieve, weekly cash payments and exciting daily £1,000 Freerolls for anyone that earns over 50 points each week.

Read all about the new scheme here

And to celebrate the launch, we’re also giving away an iPad Air 2 in every daily freeroll throughout June!

This is just the start of your rewards scheme – we’re looking for your feedback to make this the best rewards scheme we can, so let us know your thoughts.

Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    No good for me, I'll get nothing under the new scheme. I'll be about a fiver a month worse off than now.

I can't play at 7-30pm Monday to Friday and earn less than 500 points per week.
  • edited May 2015
    As a recreational player who accrues around 200 points per month, I usual receive about £2.50 per month.

Am I correct in working out that in future, I will not receive this money but will instead be entered into five freeroll, two of which I cannot play.

It appears that the new system works against low users and players that cannot play in the evenings.

Please correct me if I have got this wrong.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    As a recreational player who accrues around 200 points per month, I usual receive about £2.50 per month. Am I correct in working out that in future, I will not receive this money but will instead be entered into five freeroll, two of which I cannot play. It appears that the new system works against low users and players that cannot play in the evenings. Please correct me if I have got this wrong.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    I am in a similar position. I earn 1000 to 1500 points a month so will not get my 10 or 15 pound. At least i would get a token and freerolls but would prefer the cash option
  • edited May 2015
    As a recreational player who accrues around 200 points per month, I usual receive about £2.50 per month. Am I correct in working out that in future, I will not receive this money but will instead be entered into five freeroll, two of which I cannot play. It appears that the new system works against low users and players that cannot play in the evenings. Please correct me if I have got this wrong.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Happy to correct you-this appears to be worse for ALL users....define "new and improved"!
  • edited May 2015
    Works out a little better for me, I normally earn about 150 points a week for which I will now get £2.20 instead of £1.50 plus entry into 5 freerolls.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Hi Ice_Tiger

Depends how and when you earn those points. If, using your example, you earn 200 points it would be very unlikely you earn those exactly at the rate of 50 per week. Some weeks would be higher, some lower.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Happy to correct you-this appears to be worse for ALL users....define "new and improved"!
    Posted by Essexphil

Sorry Essexphil but that's not correct. See the post immediately after yours by way of example. All the details about what is new and improved are on the promotion page. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards:
    we’re looking for your feedback to make this the best rewards scheme we can, so let us know your thoughts. Thank you.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Can you just let us all have 30% rakeback like new sign-ups receive? Half the people with more than 1 acc on here have only started a new acc in order to receive this more generous scheme.

Re: this scheme - echo the above, seems worse for most people?  Play a load of cash to earn points and get rewarded with MTT entries?  Freeroll tokens are pretty useless if you can rarely play when those games run.

And for the tourni token, could this not be upgraded to £2.30 so that at least it can be spun up in one of the higher rake BH games?  There aren't a huge number of £2.20 games to use it in (even less now DTD games are rake free - thank you for that change!)

ps: Are you rainman397 and has the £2.20 MTT token been added to the rewards scheme to increase the traffic in the 2.20 @ 2.20?
  • edited May 2015
    I normally get between 5000 and 7500 points a month and receive 100-175 in rakeback

under the new and improved system il get between 60-150 in rakeback

im sure these freerolls will get 300+ runners meaning the value of the freeroll will be roughly 3quid per night so even adding that on then i personally will be out of pocket.... i think its pretty unfair to brand it "new and improved" when for most people its "new and a bit worse off"
  • edited May 2015

Cat, meet pigeons :)

I'll let others dispute the ins and outs of this new shabang, but I do have one question/request.

Please can the FR have a normal payout structure, IE 25% for the win, and the rest paid out accordingly.

I'm guessing Sky will want to spread the wealth, and it will probably follow the Mayhem structure where the first 2,741 runners win £1, and the next 2,000 ladder to £2.

Appreciate it's me being selfish, but would much prefer paying less players and paying more £ per position.

• edited May 2015
    I think, like anything, will be winners and losers. All ready shows from above posts.

I think that unless you are playing between £25 and £49 a week, 25-49 points range, or in the 220 points to 499 weekly, then you break even or be better off. 

For example, the rec like myself. Normal points is 400-500. Maths states that's approx 100 -125 weekly depending on days in Callander month.

Instead of £5 I would get approx £10 in tokens. I will be honest, never withdraw my cash4points, C4P)so that's a win all ready. 
    As a bonus - get to play free roles at a £1k each, probably a mtt value of £2-£5 depending on runners. Ok, I can't play them all, but run well in one and get £50-£100 bonus - more than I could dream of getting in my monthly C4P reward.

Yes, if I was earning 40 per week, yeah I  loose out on £1.60ish, but unless you only play set games, chances are one week you nudge 50, next be 30 etc and again, you a winner straight off with £2 token plus free roles.
    When you first look its human nature to find how much worse off you are. But when you really look, I mean properly work it out, probably find you are in better shape and get few more free mtt's. 

Play nice all :) is just a bonus after all :)

• edited May 2015

Can of worms officially opened.

Q. a) How can points earned each week be clarified? (this is to ensure 'errors' are not made with the new payment scheme)
        b) Will the widget be upgraded to show weekly points earned? 
        c) Will all customer services be fully aware and understand the new system?

• edited May 2015
    Hi

Thanks for all the feedback. Just three things to mention...

Firstly, we know from experience that it's very difficult to make changes to things like this to make everybody happy. Some might be a bit worse off, some better off and some the same. It is natural for people to say what it means for them but we design these things to reward people correctly and fairly and appeal to the most people possible.

Also, this scheme is not set in stone forever. We and you will learn from the changes and depending on how things go, it's possible future tweaks will be made to make it the best we can for the benefit of the most people on the site overall. The new weekly model gives us more flexibiity on this.

Finally, remember there will be more cash and prizes available to people to add to or compliment this scheme - like the iPads in June. There will be more things like this in future so watch this space as we annouce more.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2015
    Can of worms officially opened. Q. a) How can points earned each week be clarified? (this is to ensure 'errors' are not made with the new payment scheme)     b) Will the widget be upgraded to show weekly points earned?      c) Will all customer services be fully aware and understand the new system?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    On (a) and (b) the widget will be changed to reflect this. The week runs from Monday to Sunday and it is our intention to pay people on the Monday immediately after where possible. This is obviously quicker than before.

Customer care will indeed be familiar with the new system.
  • edited May 2015

Can someone clarify for me, if someone earns 500 points 

do they get 
    a. £2.20 token and 0.01p
    b. £5.00
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry Essexphil but that's not correct. See the post immediately after yours by way of example.  All the details about what is new and improved are on the promotion page.  If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    The usual way to view such things is to look at the effect on the midpoint of the bands, ie 50/300/750/1250/1750 points per week.

I invite you to do the math. PS-it's not close....
  • edited May 2015
    Can someone clarify for me, if someone earns 500 points  do they get  a. £2.20 token and 0.01p b. £5.00
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Do you mean 500 points per week or month?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Do you mean 500 points per week or month?
    Posted by Sky_Poker

LOL, sorry completely misread the new scheme......as you were ;-)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards : Can you just let us all have 30% rakeback like new sign-ups receive? Half the people with more than 1 acc on here have only started a new acc in order to receive this more generous scheme. Re: this scheme - echo the above, seems worse for most people?  Play a load of cash to earn points and get rewarded with MTT entries?  Freeroll tokens are pretty useless if you can rarely play when those games run. And for the tourni token, could this not be upgraded to £2.30 so that at least it can be spun up in one of the higher rake BH games?  There aren't a huge number of £2.20 games to use it in (even less now DTD games are rake free - thank you for that change!) ps: Are you rainman397 and has the £2.20 MTT token been added to the rewards scheme to increase the traffic in the 2.20 @ 2.20?
    Posted by shakinaces
    Why is the rake higher in Bounty Hunters?

As for the new scheme, 100 points/month was the starting point.  Now it appears that has more than doubled under the new scheme, thus taking a lot of the microstakes players out of the scheme altogether.

As Gary has also stated, not everyone will be able to play the freerolls, therefore they would have no incentive to try and make the minimum points total.
  • edited May 2015
    Has the Priority club stayed the same http://www.skypoker.com/priority this page hasn't been updated for a long time. ?
  • edited May 2015
    Also, if I was to get a payment (which it now appears that I won't), why would I want to get four small weekly payments rather than one more useful monthly payment?

I guess a few clamoured for weekly payments but I bet the majority are more than happy with a monthly payment.
  • edited May 2015
    so from now on if in a week u make 499 points that is really us losing £2.79 in cash for points every week

Which i suppose is where some of the £5000 for the weekly freerolls is coming from.

Really can,t see how this improves things for the many seems more like take from the many and give too the few!

As for the freerolls with added prizes i and i think there are many others would much rather have our normal points payment which we have played  over the month too earn instead of having too sit and try spend another 3hours or so every night just too try make up the difference in these freerolls.

Just cant see how this is going too work out better for the majority.
  • edited May 2015
    Has the Priority club stayed the same http://www.skypoker.com/priority this page hasn't been updated for a long time. ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Hi there

The details of priority are on the promotion page and here too.

Pages like the one you linked are being updated as we speak, we wanted to let people know about this as early as possible before June.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2015
    Also, if I was to get a payment (which it now appears that I won't), why would I want to get four small weekly payments rather than one more useful monthly payment? I guess a few clamoured for weekly payments but I bet the majority are more than happy with a monthly payment.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    You will get paid weekly.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2015

I cant get particularly excited about different RB systems. Can you just confirm that the system will be the same for all players and there wont be any different RB deals for new players as whilst against the rules this encourages players to open a 2nd account in order to gain the extra RB.

• edited May 2015
    I've got no chance as just made the 500 points in a month
  • edited May 2015
    I've got no chance as just made the 500 points in a month
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Surely you will be better off? If your averaging 125 points a week you will now be getting £2.20 instead of £1.25.
  • edited May 2015
    I don't usually average that usually 100pts if that this month has been ok it's only because of mayhem points are up this month.
  • edited May 2015
    Makes a change most of what I would want to say has been said by others.

• edited May 2015
    so from now on if in a week u make 499 points that is really us losing £2.79 in cash for points every week Which i suppose is where some of the £5000 for the weekly freerolls is coming from. Really can,t see how this improves things for the many seems more like take from the many and give too the few! As for the freerolls with added prizes i and i think there are many others would much rather have our normal points payment which we have played  over the month too earn instead of having too sit and try spend another 3hours or so every night just too try make up the difference in these freerolls. Just cant see how this is going too work out better for the majority.
    Posted by churchy18
    Couldn't agree more!

Oh and can the "tokens" be used in SnG's??