You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Hi Churchy, You're correct - points will reset at the end of each week.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    So can you explain how we would be more than half way too £5?

• edited May 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards : Can you just let us all have 30% rakeback like new sign-ups receive? Half the people with more than 1 acc on here have only started a new acc in order to receive this more generous scheme.
    Posted by shakinaces

Can you just confirm that the system will be the same for all players and there wont be any different RB deals for new players as whilst against the rules this encourages players to open a 2nd account in order to gain the extra RB.
    Posted by MattBates

Hi Sky JP and Sky Poker

The above seems to being lost in the shuffle.  Easily done.  Bumped these to make sure these are able to be answered, hope this helps.
  • edited May 2015
    As I said before I'll be a bit worse off, small monthly cash payments replaced by freeroll tickets I can't use.

However as a recreational low-stakes MTT player any profit I'm lucky enough to make comes from the tables. Rakeback/Rewards/Cash for Points, or whatever you choose to call it, has never been more than a small perk to me. I play for fun. Any changes to the loyalty scheme will make no difference to my choice of games.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : So can you explain how we would be more than half way too £5?
    Posted by churchy18
    I simply meant you'd be more than half way there if you had earned that many points before the end of the week.

• edited May 2015
    . Q is there a weekly points total and also a monthly total . You earn 100 a week 400 a month in total you get a  4x £2.20 token . Your earn 499 a week and 1996 a month  in total you receive the same 4x £2.20 token. Not that it matters to myself as stated previously rb only should really mater to those who rely on it for extra income. Sorry if the question has been asked previously but ready on my phone
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Hi Sky JP and Sky Poker The above seems to being lost in the shuffle.  Easily done.  Bumped these to make sure these are able to be answered, hope this helps.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for the reminder Tommy - I missed these.

As far as I'm aware, there's no changes to acquisition offers, however this doesn't sit within my team. I've heard quite a lot of arguments for and against these offers - but at the end of the day, they're there to acquire new players, which should have a positive impact on everyone.

We will also be continuing to run offers alongside the new loyalty scheme, and will continue to try and keep as many players as possible as happy as possible, as often as possible.

If you'd like to discuss these offers in more detail, please get in touch on the usual priority details, and I'll be in touch tomorrow. (Just about to leave the office!).
  • edited May 2015
    . Q is there a weekly points total and also a monthly total . You earn 100 a week 400 a month in total you get a  4x £2.20 token . Your earn 499 a week and 1996 a month  in total you receive the same 4x £2.20 token. Not that it matters to myself as stated previously rb only should really mater to those who rely on it for extra income. Sorry if the question has been asked previously but ready on my phone
    Posted by day4eire76
    You are correct
  • edited May 2015
    as a low stakes player who struggles many times to get to a 100 points a month I have been known when on 90 pints to play extra games to push on to achieve a 100 points and gain a £1 rebate (silly i know but its the completive streak in me)
    under the new system I wont bother losing sky £10 and saving me a tenner.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by day4eire76
    There will be a monthly points total in addition to the weekly points total, but this will only come into effect for Priority customers.

Your example is correct - and although I appreciate that you're using both extremes, it's likely that anyone that close to 500 points will earn an extra couple of points to put them above 500 and qualify them for a cash payment.

It's a shame you'll be unavailable for the freerolls - as IMO, they're more valuable than receiving a very small payment once a month. 

Feedback is certainly appreciated though!
  • edited May 2015
    as a low stakes player who struggles many times to get to a 100 points a month I have been known when on 90 pints to play extra games to push on to achieve a 100 points and gain a £1 rebate (silly i know but its the completive streak in me) under the new system I wont bother losing sky £10 and saving me a tenner.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Can certainly see where you're coming from.

However, earning just 50 points per week would entitle you to 5 x £1000 freerolls (with iPads up for grabs on top of that in June), meaning earning those points has earned yourself a week of free poker.

Personally, I'd enjoy the freerolls more than a £1 rewards payment, but understand that this will not be the same for everyone (especially those who will unfortunately be unable to play the freerolls).
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : There will be a monthly points total in addition to the weekly points total, but this will only come into effect for Priority customers. Your example is correct - and although I appreciate that you're using both extremes, it's likely that anyone that close to 500 points will earn an extra couple of points to put them above 500 and qualify them for a cash payment. It's a shame you'll be unavailable for the freerolls - as IMO, they're more valuable than receiving a very small payment once a month.  Feedback is certainly appreciated though!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Not if you cant play in them they're not.
  • edited May 2015
    as a low stakes player who struggles many times to get to a 100 points a month I have been known when on 90 pints to play extra games to push on to achieve a 100 points and gain a £1 rebate (silly i know but its the completive streak in me) under the new system I wont bother losing sky £10 and saving me a tenner.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    This is how I play most of my normal games.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by dumb_blond
    May I Suggest after 90 pints shutting your laptop down and not playing, this will also save you money ;)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Not if you cant play in them they're not.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Yiou're correct  - however, we're never going to be able to set a suitable time for everyone, and evenings are certainly more playable for the majority than morning/afternoon.

There was a suggestion earlier, in which customers would receive "Freeroll Tokens". This functionality isn't currently possible, but it's certainly something we can look into.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the reply JP.

Just wanted clarification.

I'm probably in a minority as clear 500 points each week so not much change for me.

Forgot about the free rolls. Hopefully they have a top heavy payout structure like most Mtts 

In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : There will be a monthly points total in addition to the weekly points total, but this will only come into effect for Priority customers. Your example is correct - and although I appreciate that you're using both extremes, it's likely that anyone that close to 500 points will earn an extra couple of points to put them above 500 and qualify them for a cash payment. It's a shame you'll be unavailable for the freerolls - as IMO, they're more valuable than receiving a very small payment once a month.  Feedback is certainly appreciated though!
    Posted by Sky_JP
  • edited May 2015
    No matter what replys u come up with sky,its clear to see this is a money saving change and i cant see y u cant just say that,its new and improved, a bar off chocalate with 50% more is new and improved this is not,chucking in bingo freerolls dont cut it sorry,give me one reason y cusromers wont go elsewhere with better rakeback and perks.
  • edited May 2015
    No matter what replys u come up with sky,its clear to see this is a money saving change and i cant see y u cant just say that,its new and improved, a bar off chocalate with 50% more is new and improved this is not,chucking in bingo freerolls dont cut it sorry,give me one reason y cusromers wont go elsewhere with better rakeback and perks.
    Posted by CHILLIE

In all honesty, we're expecting the total cost of Sky Poker rewards to stay the same or increase. 

The changes have been put in place to reward customers more frequently.

However, your feedback has been taken on board, and is appreciated. 
  • edited May 2015
    Same as a previous poster I barely get to 100 points, so will not make much of a difference to what or how much I play.
  • edited May 2015
    Fantastic. It was already awful that new signs ups through affiliates get 30% flat, but now I will get even less than before.  Clever system, new sign ups get the most rakeback (+ the affiliates take an extra cut), and long term loyal players and proven rakers are forced to think about leaving. 
  • edited May 2015
    At 7.36 you were just about to leave the office...at 8.16 your still in the office.....how big is skys office???

:D
  • edited May 2015
    Same as a previous poster I barely get to 100 points, so will not make much of a difference to what or how much I play.
    Posted by SP_SP

With a bit of luck, you'll occasionally earn 50 points in a week which would qualify you for 5 x £1000 freerolls (presuming you could play them).

Best,
    JP. 
  • edited May 2015
    Fantastic. It was already awful that new signs ups through affiliates get 30% flat, but now I will get even less than before.  Clever system, new sign ups get the most rakeback (+ the affiliates take an extra cut), and long term loyal players and proven rakers are forced to think about leaving. 
    Posted by Boonicon
    +1
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Boonicon

Hi boonicon,

Are you happy for me to give you a call at some point tomorrow to discuss.

Cheers,
    Jp
  • edited May 2015
    At 7.36 you were just about to leave the office...at 8.16 your still in the office.....how big is skys office??? :D
    Posted by gerardirl
    Well spotted! 

I'm actually on my way home now, but want to avoid anyone being unnecessarily concerned!
  • edited May 2015
    Well I have to say apart from like most not being overly happy with the new process, top marks for your customer service and how you are dealing with each query Sky JP.

You and sky deserve great credit for this.....
  • edited May 2015
    Well I have to say apart from like most not being overly happy with the new process, top marks for your customer service and how you are dealing with each query Sky JP. You and sky deserve great credit for this.....
    Posted by gerardirl

Thanks for that Gerardgirl!
  • edited May 2015
    Ok the amounts I earn in c4p are never a great amount but as with everything in this country at the moment bit by bit is chipped away from the little guys pie.

Players like myself who previously earned around £15-20 have just seen that halved to £8.80 tokens. gg sky
  • edited May 2015
    I think, like anything, will be winners and losers. All ready shows from above posts. I think that unless you are playing between £25 and £49 a week, 25-49 points range, or in the 220 points to 499 weekly, then you break even or be better off.  For example, the rec like myself. Normal points is 400-500. Maths states that's approx 100 -125 weekly depending on days in Callander month. Instead of £5 I would get approx £10 in tokens. I will be honest, never withdraw my cash4points, C4P)so that's a win all ready.  As a bonus - get to play free roles at a £1k each, probably a mtt value of £2-£5 depending on runners. Ok, I can't play them all, but run well in one and get £50-£100 bonus - more than I could dream of getting in my monthly C4P reward. Yes, if I was earning 40 per week, yeah I  loose out on £1.60ish, but unless you only play set games, chances are one week you nudge 50, next be 30 etc and again, you a winner straight off with £2 token plus free roles. When you first look its human nature to find how much worse off you are. But when you really look, I mean properly work it out, probably find you are in better shape and get few more free mtt's.  Play nice all :) is just a bonus after all :)
    Posted by Nuggy962

We can withdraw cash for points? ?? how is this possible ?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : The usual way to view such things is to look at the effect on the midpoint of the bands, ie 50/300/750/1250/1750 points per week. I invite you to do the math. PS-it's not close....
    Posted by Essexphil
    I see no-one took me up on my offer. To make the maths simpler, I am using lunar, as opposed to calendar, months but the principles would be the same:-

50 points per week/200 per month-current system, £2, new £0
    300 per week/1200 per month-current £12, new £8,80 in tokens
    750 per week/3000 per month-current £45, new £30
    1250 per week/5000 per month-current £100, new £62.50
    1750 per week/7000 per month-current £140, new £105

I can see an advantage for people earning 100-214 points per week. I csn see an advantage in freerolls. However, that is coming at a not inconsiderable cost to everyone else.

Rakeback is not the most important thing in the world (it is less important than rake,for a start!). It won't stop me playing. I just don't feel that this is an improvement. There would be a nice simple way to test it-ask people which they would prefer!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I see no-one took me up on my offer. To make the maths simpler, I am using lunar, as opposed to calendar, months but the principles would be the same:- 50 points per week/200 per month-current system, £2, new £0 300 per week/1200 per month-current £12, new £8,80 in tokens 750 per week/3000 per month-current £45, new £30 1250 per week/5000 per month-current £100, new £62.50 1750 per week/7000 per month-current £140, new £105 I can see an advantage for people earning 100-214 points per week. I csn see an advantage in freerolls. However, that is coming at a not inconsiderable cost to everyone else. Rakeback is not the most important thing in the world (it is less important than rake,for a start!). It won't stop me playing. I just don't feel that this is an improvement. There would be a nice simple way to test it-ask people which they would prefer!
    Posted by Essexphil

I think sky did a poll a while back and most people were opposed weekly payments.

Why do a poll if you do the exact opposite