You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I'll ask again

Can the tokens be used for SnG's?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I think this is the most disappointing thing. Sky could be paying more out and the majority feel like they are getting less back. Something does not add up.
    Posted by YouMad
    I think it would be unfair to make an assumption of how the majority feel.

What we do know, is that the majority of customers haven't posted on this thread.

What I know, is that this scheme has been introduced because we believe the majority will be better off. Hopefully this will lead to the majority feeling better off (but only time will tell).

Regardless, plans to put the same or more into the poker ecology can not be a bad thing.
  • edited May 2015
    I'll ask again Can the tokens be used for SnG's?
    Posted by VespaPX
    All the tournament tokens That have been issued to me in the past I've used on DYM's. I also used them as for bigger buy ins than the token value and topped the rest up from my cash balance. 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : All the tournament tokens That have been issued to me in the past I've used on DYM's. I also used them as for bigger buy ins than the token value and topped the rest up from my cash balance. 
    Posted by Snuffer
    Nice one (not that i'll be getting any but thought i'd ask).
    Cheers
  • edited May 2015
    Rewards for 10k+ points SNG+MTT grinders has substantially increased....why is this?
    Posted by sikas
    Mtt players deserve the most rewards and cash players the least.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Had to adjust your post as the offer I have seen said old accounts can be upgraded to get the better deal and also there is the MASSIVE concern that regs have that existing players open a new account in another name. The current rewards scheme appears to make opening a second account under a different name very tempting. There must be a cost to sky of investigating suspicious accounts so Sky are comfortable they are protecting their loyal customer base against players setting up new accounts in another name.  If the new accounts offer is to continue it would be good to have confirmation from sky that all new accounts are being reviewed against old accounts with less volume/from similar areas etc etc as it does give me and the other regs I speak to concerns that someone can be playing against us on a new account with a better rakeback deal and with knowledge of how we play! JP, Thanks for taking the time to answer questions/queries. Your help is appreciated, we await the promised response from the relevant department.
    Posted by MattBates
    As far as I'm aware (and I'm pretty sure on this), there is no way for your account to be "upgraded" to an account linked with an affiliate.

Yes, there is a cost to us investigating potential duplicate accounts - and the same applies over all products. Some could argue that even without affiliate rake deals there is an incentive to open a new account for the poker welcome bonus.

Finally, we're against duplicate accounts, and appropriate action will be taken if someone is found to be multi-accounting.

The appreciation is appreciated. Just to confirm, from which department are you awaiaitng a response? (I'm unsure which part you're talking about... but will chase it up).
  • edited May 2015
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Can the £2.20 token be used for the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2015
    Apologies if this has been covered before. I have been on sky since 2006 i think and was a priority member but have not played a lot recently on the site. With regards to affiliates can i delete my account and rejoin with one of these sites and get 30% rakeback legit. Or would i have to be erm creative lol not that i would consider that of course. I dont really see much incentive to play here these days and even less under this rewards scheme given the small edges in sit n goes and high rake on turbos  cheers
    Posted by gixxerk4
    Hi gixxerk.

To put it in short, you are not allowed to open a new account, regardless of that status of your old account.

I'd highly recommend not opening a new account under any means, and it's likely that it will be discovered, and you will not be allowed to play using it.

If you're playing at a priority level, you will more than likely be better off with the new scheme, especially if you focus more on SNGs. Unsure if you've misunderstood part of the new scheme, but if so, let me know.

Cheers,
    JP.
  • edited May 2015
    if sky are going to keep this extra rakeback scheme for new customers then why dont they at least offer an incentive for current players to stay?? maybe an extra 2% rakeback per year on this site, or per 1000 games, obviously i dont know the ins and outs of what kind of thing would be most suitable but surely for the players who have been playing on here for nearly a decade and have played tens of thousand games they surely deserve a better deal than someone who jumps on ship just for some extra rakeback
    Posted by jordz16
    jordz, you've been in Priority a couple of times, and you'd likely be better off with the new scheme, especially when playing to the levels your capable of playing.

Your points have been taken on board though, and are appreciated.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Yeah so if I maintain my normal volume I get the same but any month/week where my volume drops even slightly my rewards get halved.  It's a brilliant money saving scheme by sky. If we introduce this we'll save 50k on rewards and we'll give 5k back in freerolls. Bonus for the chief exec safely in the bag!!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    It's not a "brilliant money-saving scheme" because, as mentioned, we're not expecting this to save us any money.

The £50k figure seems to be plucked out of the air.

Not even sure what to say about your last point, other than it's not the case.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Hi gixxerk. To put it in short, you are not allowed to open a new account, regardless of that status of your old account. I'd highly recommend not opening a new account under any means, and it's likely that it will be discovered, and you will not be allowed to play using it. If you're playing at a priority level, you will more than likely be better off with the new scheme, especially if you focus more on SNGs. Unsure if you've misunderstood part of the new scheme, but if so, let me know. Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    so what ur saying is if ur priority ur better off if not unlucky u lose money and we will stick that towards the freerolls,i get between 5000-6000 pts each month so i'll be around 50 quid down under ur new rewards.been here on sky 4 years but maybe time 4 a move.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I think it would be unfair to make an assumption of how the majority feel. What we do know, is that the majority of customers haven't posted on this thread. What I know, is that this scheme has been introduced because we believe the majority will be better off. Hopefully this will lead to the majority feeling better off (but only time will tell). Regardless, plans to put the same or more into the poker ecology can not be a bad thing.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    So how do you gauge what the "majority" feel about this?
    If all of a sudden you got a couple of thousand replies on here against it, would you change it?
  • edited May 2015
    The incentive to work harder for higher rewards is counteracted by the fact that players get more rewards than is even possible for us, for potentially a small % of the play.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : So how do you gauge what the "majority" feel about this? If all of a sudden you got a couple of thousand replies on here against it, would you change it?
    Posted by VespaPX
    It's very difficult to do so. 

I think the only way to find out for sure, is to see how it goes.

If we had thousands of comments on here, with everyone saying they dislike it, it wouldn't be my decision to change it, so I'm not sure what we'd do.

I do think it's a good idea to give it a chance though.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : As far as I'm aware (and I'm pretty sure on this), there is no way for your account to be "upgraded" to an account linked with an affiliate. Yes, there is a cost to us investigating potential duplicate accounts - and the same applies over all products. Some could argue that even without affiliate rake deals there is an incentive to open a new account for the poker welcome bonus. Finally, we're against duplicate accounts, and appropriate action will be taken if someone is found to be multi-accounting. The appreciation is appreciated. Just to confirm, from which department are you awaiaitng a response? (I'm unsure which part you're talking about... but will chase it up).
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Someone from the acquisition team to confirm whether the existing rakeback terms would be continuing. 

Also saying your against multi accounting and actively putting things in place to stop it are very different things. Sky have decided to offer favourable terms to new accounts thereby providing a big incentive to someone setting up a second account. In addition a number of promotions are geared towards getting old accounts back playing which again encourages players to have a second account. Given this it would be of some comfort to the many loyal customers not able to get this additional rakeback to know significant checks were being done on new accounts through these schemes. 
  • edited May 2015
    JP, perhaps not your field but any idea on what the freeroll payout structures will be? Akin to the Mayhem ones where a load of people get paid, and a min cash is a quid, or a more normal payout just like a standard MTT?

I could probably guess, as I'm sure Sky want to keep the freeroll money on the site where possible.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : It's very difficult to do so.  I think the only way to find out for sure, is to see how it goes. If we had thousands of comments on here, with everyone saying they dislike it, it wouldn't be my decision to change it, so I'm not sure what we'd do. I do think it's a good idea to give it a chance though.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Only a fraction of 1 percent of the player pool use the forum.
    Most probably don't know about the changes to rewards yet or understand it if they do.

• edited May 2015
    i average about 500 monthly,looking at the table if i earn 100 points per week ill get a 2.20 token plus i can enter 5 freeroll with a 1k gtd so over 4 weeks that will be 8.80 with of tokens and all the freerolls..im in...great deal,i never notice the fiver i get monthly but bink a freeroll i think ill notice that wp sky
    EDIT:this is me being selfish btw i know it doesn't,t suit others
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards :   Very good suggestion. The question is, is it better to exclude the majority who can't play through the day, but can play on an evening, to include the minority who can not play on an evening.
    Well under this method, you could do it so no-one is excluded? Maybe make it a £150 freeroll in the morning, £250 in the afternoon and a £600 one in the evening. (as an example) - I don't know how the traffic is comparable in the morning to the afternoon and night and £150 in the morning may translate to £1.5 per entrant if 100 runners where the value of the £600 one might be £1 per entrant if 600 runners. So you might make the one in the morning slightly less or alternatively only have the morning/afternoon ones 2 days a week and keep with the £1k ones for 3 days.
     I can understand yoru frustration with this, which makes it quite frustrating for me also. However, there's people that are experts on acquisition and affiliates, and I have to trust that they're doing what's best for the site. Additionally, this is something that happens across the industry, and across all products. (I'm not suggesting that I think this makes it OK, just stating).
    As I said I can understand why they do it, but was wondering if it will always be permanent or if changes could be made whilst still attracting new customers and hopefully not losing the customers that signed up through the deal.

It's not the fact they get bonuses but the fact they far outstrip the rewards of Bronze Prio members - and then match that of Gold/Now Platinum. If they matched the rewards of Bronze Prio members, it'd be different and I wouldn't mind anywhere near as much.
    Very solid proposition, and something I've looked into myself. Certainly not something I'd rule out altogether. One thing I will point out is that there's a much clearer boost when hitting Priority in the new scheme, giving customers more of an incentive to stay in Priority regardless. From a business perspective, it may not make sense to offer a further incentive to stay in Priority. (Just my opinion this time - not speaking on behalf of the business). Finally - thanks for the feedback. Very constructive, and is certainly appreciated.
    Posted by Sky_JPCool, would definitely love it if something like this got introduced :)

A 10% bonus for reaching Priority is definitely a nice boost but for me it doesn't really matter too much to me since I don't rely on RB for profits. If I'm on 9000 points with a few days to go of the month then OFC I'm going to play to reach 10k points. But lets say I go on holiday for the 1st week in a month and then don't really play as much in the 2nd week - and I'm only on 1500 points by week 2. Making another 8500 points in 2 weeks to reach Priority isn't going to be a Priority for me :) If I'm motivated to play, I'll do it, but it's no big deal if I miss out on Priority for 1 month (especially as sometimes there are rake races that exclude Priority players)

If missing out on Priority would mean losing the bonus that I've racked up for making Prio so many months in a row, then I'm going to be a lot more motivated to reach Priority and make up the 8500 points in 2 weeks. And instead of me making Priority 8/9 months of the year I'd make it every month. I can imagine there's a lot of players similar to me (and more so) that only make Priority a few months of the year with them playing most of their volume on other sites (only playing on Sky during months with the best promotions) - So surely from a business perspective, if you added that extra incentive to stay in Priority then you would increase the volume of these regular grinders and maybe make Sky their preferred site.

Also, it would be rewarding the loyal customers that play here every month - and be less annoyed at the 30%RB for new players since we can at least have rewards that match them for being loyal customers. But not having the ability to match them is frustrating.

Anyway, that's enough rambling haha. Overall I think the change is good for small stakes low grind players, fine for Prio players but pretty bad for the regular-non Prio players that can only make between 3k and 7k points per month. (which is probably true for a lot of people that read the forum, and hence why the overall large amount of complaints.)

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Only a fraction of 1 percent of the player pool use the forum. Most probably don't know about the changes to rewards yet or understand it if they do.
    Posted by belsibub
    Which is the exact point I made earlier.

Loyalty schemes are generally pretty complicated. For example, I know of other sites where you earn one type of points, which trigger another type of points which are earned at different rates depending on your colume of play, and are worth different amounts, also depending on how much you play, or what you play. I personally think we've created a well structured loyalty scheme which gets people involved, and isn't overly complex.
  • edited May 2015
    I'm having trouble understanding how the new scheme works. Please can you tell me the yearly rack back amounts! 

How much rake back per year would I get for earning 30,000 points a month under the old scheme (assuming no promotion like early bird, double points hour, etc)?

How much rake back per year will I get for earning 30,000 points a month under the new scheme (assuming an even distribution of points per week (6923.077 points per week)?

Under the new scheme how much will someone you sighed up through an affiliate get for earning the same amount of points?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Which is the exact point I made earlier. Loyalty schemes are generally pretty complicated. For example, I know of other sites where you earn one type of points, which trigger another type of points which are earned at different rates depending on your colume of play, and are worth different amounts, also depending on how much you play, or what you play. I personally think we've created a well structured loyalty scheme which gets people involved, and isn't overly complex.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    TBF that was probably the biggest plus point to the current (soon to be previous) scheme - even a numpty like me could understand how it worked and what I'd get from it!!

Only real surprise is that the big grinders seem to benefit the most, a bit of a reverse of the historic attempts to spread the wealth more so among the recs.  Can't really grumble with that though when it comes to a loyalty scheme, put more in, get more out!
  • edited May 2015
    JP will SKY be looking at the rake at the micros as part of their changes? It seems to me if you are now wanting micro stakes players to put in more volume to get anything back then making the rake more competitive may be more beneficial than what is being offered with this.
  • edited May 2015
    I'm having trouble understanding how the new scheme works. Please can you tell me the yearly rack back amounts!  How much rake back per year would I get for earning 30,000 points a month under the old scheme (assuming no promotion like early bird, double points hour, etc)? How much rake back per year will I get for earning 30,000 points a month under the new scheme (assuming an even distribution of points per week (6923.077 points per week)? Under the new scheme how much will someone you sighed up through an affiliate get for earning the same amount of points?
    Posted by dub1
    Hi dub.

It does vary depending on games played, but for this example, I'm going to use someone who plays both cash and SNGs 50/50. (I know this is unusual, but it seems a good example).

Using this example, you'd pay £2,500 rake per calendar month on cash games, and £1,500 rake on SNGs. You would receive a total of £600 in weekly points payments, and receive a rakbeback payment of £600. This totals £1200. (30% RB).

As per the old scheme, you would receive 30% rakeback on the month, earning you a total of £1200.

Customers receiving a 30% rakeback deal from an affiliate will receive a total of £1200 per month.

In all 3 situations, you end up with £14,400 per year.

With the new scheme, you will receive slightly more if you play SNGs/MTTs more frequently, and receive slightly less if you play more cash. This is partially due to more points being earned per £1 reg fee paid on SNGs (which in turn, is partially due to higher rake on SNGs).

However, as part of the new scheme, any points based promotions (such as early bird and double points hours) will make a difference to your rewards, whereas these promotions would make no difference in the old scheme, and will make no difference to customers receiving 30% RB as part of an affiliate deal.

Hope this helps.
  • edited May 2015
    JP will SKY be looking at the rake at the micros as part of their changes? It seems to me if you are now wanting micro stakes players to put in more volume to get anything back then making the rake more competitive may be more beneficial than what is being offered with this.
    Posted by dabossman
    Levels of rake are not something I deal with, but I will make sure the people who do deal with this see your comments.

Personally, I think it's a very fair point.
  • edited May 2015
    Does a affiliate member still get 30% if they get say 1000 pts in a month so £30.

I usually get around 1000 pts and have been thinking about the new scheme. I think it will be slightly better for me as: -

The 4 tokens i get will probably be used on dyms anyway, so in the 48 lets say i get in the year i should average cashing at least 24 of them giving me £8 a month anyway. Also the 5 FRs may bring a bonus as well.

But heres the thing there is no incentive for me now once i hit 100pts for the week i may as well cut my volume down or play elsewhere for a couple of days and get another bonus from a rival site. 

• edited May 2015

This is just the start of your rewards scheme – we’re looking for your feedback to make this the best rewards scheme we can, so let us know your thoughts.

(taken from the op)

I think it would be unfair to make an assumption of how the majority feel.

What we do know, is that the majority of customers haven't posted on this thread.
    (sky JP)

In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Only a fraction of 1 percent of the player pool use the forum. Most probably don't know about the changes to rewards yet or understand it if they do.
    Posted by belsibub

Which is the exact point I made earlier. (sky JP)

I appreciate your efforts on this thread, I really do,but,

Why ask for feedback on the forum and then dismiss it as a small minority just because it is not what the business wants to hear.

thanks again for the time and effort replying to everyone.

• edited May 2015
    A question for Sky JP - did you draw the short straw in the office having to answer queries on this thread? :)
  • edited May 2015
    Like most people on this site, I'm a recreational player. I don't play enough online for the rakeback to make any substantial difference to my wallet, and if I'm honest, it's not something I pay particular attention to - at all. I'm guessing most others are sharing the same boat. I don't really know why so many people, who just play the game for the fun of it (that is, most of us ) get so hot under the collar about any changes to its implementation. The concept of rakeback is an artificial one anyway: before online poker started there was no such thing. You don't stand up from your cash table in your local casino and expect the dealer to throw you a chip just for sitting down for the last few hours, do you? It's one thing for those who make their living from playing the game to have a quiet moan, but for the other 98% of us, surely it's a shrug of the shoulders and onto the next hand, right? *statistics may have been devised on the spot.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Not a snark at all, but at my local (Grosvenor) casino this is actually the case: Players get £1 per hour for playing that they can spend on food, drink and even (I think) can exchange them for chips.
    Props to the Sky dude fielding all these questions. Splendid stuff, wp. 
  • edited May 2015

New? Yes

Improved? No

Some great constructive criticism on this thread, just hope Sky take some of it on board.