You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Well i have been waiting on someone more literate than me saying this so please bear with me doing my best here(after all us jocks where brought up in the woods wiping our rrs with leaves and all that)

Will start with how this change affects me and i am sure this will probably affect many more like me as well.

I was making between 1200/2600 points for several months playing dym games ranging from £1.15-£5.50 and a few £11 games thrown in for good measure(not a great deal compared too some) but too me that is quite a bit of money and getting between £12-£26 is a big difference  from £9.20(4x£2.30 tokens that straight away sky rake a minimum of 20% but on average it is more than that when you take into account people who use them in £2.20 /£2.25 games) especially over a year. was playing on average 30+ games 4 nights a week (would show points totals of previous months but funnily enough can't check previous months points totals now)

Why is it that the medium/low level players like me seem too be taking the hit more than the most profitable players on site?do they not make enough profit by being winning players on 30% rakeback(for life in most cases) which as has been said they will recieve weekly bonus payments as well as 30% rakeback at the end of the month too! as without people like me playing 30 games a night who will feed the bigger players?

As a player who plays 90% plo8 what good is a 1500 runner hold/em freeroll too me? And how is better than the points payment i used too receive?

And if the point needs proved check how many pl08 dyms run now compared too when tikay.macacgirl.and myself(not meaning that they filled just because i was playing) where on site pretty much every day/night used too take a few minutes too fill,

Now for a £5 dym you can wait 30 mins or more for it too fill.Before if u looked at running games there would be 5/6 or more as well as others waiting too fill, running pretty much from 5pm/11pm every night.

Where is the incentive for me too play as i used too it might not seem like much but when u are not a regular winning player those points payments over a year add up now what is the incentive for me too play the way i was no point in getting 400 points a week if you lose £2 a week yet people who play 4x£5 or 7x£3.30 games a night 5 days a week get a £2.30 token as well as entry too £5000 of freerolls yet people like me will lose more than half the points we gain for nothing! 

Also after recent events what steps are sky taking too stop multi accounting? considering the fact a few weeks ago a person was caught blatantly multi accounting yet only 1 of the accounts are shut down and the other is freley playing on site??and the thread where other players were trying too show he was multi accounting was closed! and also seems like he has other accounts as well!

Then there is the case of a player who was removed from a promotion after winning something like 20 out of 20 heads up games back playing on site! 

Also what measures are in place to recognise players signing up in a new name through rakeback sites for the 30% rakeback for life after all seen a few players comment on this?How many new players on rakeback deals since the start of june?

Why should i/others not do the same? after all i signed up too sky very green in the world of poker i did not even know about rake or rakeback sites then!

Or even if i don't make a new account on sky why should i stay here with probably the highest rake of any poker site when i can join several other sites with less rake and also sign up through 1 of the many rakeback sites?

Also we have been told this new rewards system will cost sky more! Really can't see how this is more no 4pm 5pm 6pm freerolls and then there is the £1-£2 a week from say 1000 players who hit 300/400+points a week but don'make the 500 points mark! so in effect are losing £1/£2 a week in rewards

Then there is 3 different freerolls for priority with 2 apple packages in each too 1st and 2nd fair enough(they deserve it....but why are they also allowed in the £1000 freerolls as well?think there was 100odd in the 10k freeroll 40 in the 20k freeroll and 10 in the 30k freeroll.....but the people who are losing the most in this points shake up are having too play v 1500 in the £1000 freerolls?

And thats without all the people using a £2.30 token on 30p games that they did not even know they where using them in.afterall we have all been told we can save them up but they are used as soon as you reg in a game no matter the cost of said game.

Whether people agree or not this is how i feel it affects me and I'am pretty sure there are several 100s in the same position.

churchy18

Then there is the matter of people can be registered in games that reg is not even open yet...

Information

Tournament ID: 11053334

Status
    Pre Registering
    Start Date/Time
    19:30 - 10 Jun
    Current Prize Pool
    £1000.00
    Buyin + Fee
    £0 + £0
    Description
    £1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.

Chip Stacks

Starting
    Largest
    Smallest
    Average

Rebuys and Addons

Rebuys
    none
    Addons
    none

Players

Players Registered: 1 / 2500

https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png') 0px -2325px" scope="col">Player Namehttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png') 100% -2380px" scope="col">Chipshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png') 0px -2325px" scope="col">Rankhttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png') 0px -2325px" scope="col">Prize

borofan-2000 

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Where is the incentive for me too play as i used too it might not seem like much but when u are not a regular winning player those points payments over a year add up now what is the incentive for me too play the way i was no point in getting 400 points a week if you lose £2 a week yet people who play 4x£5 or 7x£3.30 games a night 5 days a week get a £2.30 token as well as entry too £5000 of freerolls yet people like me will lose more than half the points we gain for nothing!  Also after recent events what steps are sky taking too stop multi accounting? considering the fact a few weeks ago a person was caught blatantly multi accounting yet only 1 of the accounts are shut down and the other is freley playing on site??and the thread where other players were trying too show he was multi accounting was closed! and also seems like he has other accounts as well! Then there is the case of a player who was removed from a promotion after winning something like 20 out of 20 heads up games back playing on site!  Also what measures are in place to recognise players signing up in a new name through rakeback sites for the 30% rakeback for life after all seen a few players comment on this?How many new players on rakeback deals since the start of june? Why should i/others not do the same? after all i signed up too sky very green in the world of poker i did not even know about rake or rakeback sites then! Or even if i don't make a new account on sky why should i stay here with probably the highest rake of any poker site when i can join several other sites with less rake and also sign up through 1 of the many rakeback sites? 
    Posted by churchy18
    In truth, for anyone that feels they are hit overly harshly with these changes, there are a wealth of alternative sites out there which would welcome your money and happily dangle the carrot of a new player deposit bonus if you moved across. 

Loyalty to any single provider (not just poker) is almost never in the consumers best interest.

Same thing I find at work. Endless amounts of complaints when we do something with a negative impact on customers... yet almost all of them remain as customers still... I think most people enjoy having something to moan about too much to vote with their feet and move to competitors!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : This was an error where a player was manually entered. It was quickly noticed and resolved with the player de-registered.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    I still dont understand how this can happen again !!
    Who manually enters these people?
    Funny thing that this player hasn't played in the previous 2 freerolls this week.
    Also the guy i highlighted on Monday didnt actually play in the end.
    I can only assume that they haven't earnt 50 points in the previous week.

Starts At
    19:30
    Late Reg for
    20 Minutes
    Buy-In
    £0 + £0
    Prize Pool
    £1000
    Registered
    1 / 2500
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    5 Minutes

£1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I still dont understand how this can happen again !! Who manually enters these people? Funny thing that this player hasn't played in the previous 2 freerolls this week. Also the guy i highlighted on Monday didnt actually play in the end. I can only assume that they haven't earnt 50 points in the previous week. Starts At 19:30 Late Reg for 20 Minutes Buy-In £0 + £0 Prize Pool £1000 Registered 1 / 2500 Chips 2000 Blind Limits 5 Minutes £1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Vespa,

I can assure you the player who was entered yesterday was de-registered as was this player.

Both these players were added in due to a lack of communication which we are resolving and are aware of, therefore we are monitoring these freerolls for any abnormalities and will personally un-register any player that has been added in error.

We are currently resolving this lack of communication at the moment and this issue shouldn't arise again.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Hi Vespa, I can assure you the player who was entered yesterday was de-registered as was this player. Both these players were added in due to a lack of communication which we are resolving and are aware of, therefore we are monitoring these freerolls for any abnormalities and will personally un-register any player that has been added in error. We are currently resolving this lack of communication at the moment and this issue shouldn't arise again.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Cheers Peter
    Thanks for the reply.
  • edited June 2015
    So this is how i currently stand.
    Just reached my 50 points for the freerolls.

Do i carry on to 100 for the £2.30 token?
    Even with double points i dont think its worth it.

Would need to play:
    x25 £1.15 DYM's = £3.75 rake.
    x12.5 £2.25 DYM's = £3.125 rake
    x8.33 £3.30 DYM's = £2.50 rake.
    x5 £5.50 DYM's = £2.50 rake.
  • edited June 2015
    ive worked it out that im gonna be about 40 pound a month worse off unless i win something on the freerolls 
  • edited June 2015
    So this is how i currently stand. Just reached my 50 points for the freerolls. Do i carry on to 100 for the £2.30 token? Even with double points i dont think its worth it. Would need to play: x25 £1.15 DYM's = £3.75 rake. x12.5 £2.25 DYM's = £3.125 rake x8.33 £3.30 DYM's = £2.50 rake. x5 £5.50 DYM's = £2.50 rake.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Mick, why not just play whatever you fancy and if you make 100 points then great, and if not then it doesn't really matter?

• edited June 2015
    Yep I agree, if Im gonna play for 50 pts I'm not thinking its because Im gonna get a £2.30 token , but more the view am I being entertained enough for the cost of spending £50 of buy ins (obviously assuming Im gonna win some games along the way too!)

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    So this is how i currently stand. Just reached my 50 points for the freerolls. Do i carry on to 100 for the £2.30 token? Even with double points i dont think its worth it. Would need to play: x25 £1.15 DYM's = £3.75 rake. x12.5 £2.25 DYM's = £3.125 rake x8.33 £3.30 DYM's = £2.50 rake. x5 £5.50 DYM's = £2.50 rake.
    Posted by VespaPX
    You only need another 50 points at double points wouldn't this reduce volume quoted?
    4 points for £1.15's 6 for £2.25's £3.30 correct £5.50 correct.
  • edited June 2015
    To those who earn  50-100 points a week, what do you think of the freerolls? And the number of runners they get?
  • edited June 2015
    To those who earn  50-100 points a week, what do you think of the freerolls? And the number of runners they get?
    Posted by LARSON7
    How many runners do they get? They run when I'm not online.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : How many runners do they get? They run when I'm not online.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Ive seen about 1300.
    Not as many "bingo" players in these (odd one or two).
    No breaks in these either :-(
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : How many runners do they get? They run when I'm not online.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    1300 Mon saw 1800 Tues,didn't see the rest.But they had added i-pads that might affect runners a little.
  • edited June 2015
    I saw runner A runner A, but  only the once , nothing else  suspicious.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by LARSON7
      NOT LIKE USUAL FREEROLLS BETTER QUALITY  

LIKE GARY QQQ BAD TIME FOR ME BUT HAD A GO THIS WEEK

ALREADY BETTER OFF ON THIS SYSTEM  
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks guys.

So assuming 1300 runners a seat is worth about 75p (ignoring the iPad). 50 point per week players who are available to play them all are doing very well out of this change; seats worth £3.75 per week instead of 50p per week cash. Even if you can only play a freeroll once you're still 50% better off.

It wouldn't surprise me if quite few single-table recs in the say 60-80 point per week range are cutting back a bit on their raked play to concentrate on the freerolls. I would.
  • edited June 2015
    They pay £1 for top 300 so I like them, a great chance to get in the money.
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks guys. So assuming 1300 runners a seat is worth about 75p (ignoring the iPad). 50 point per week players who are available to play them all are doing very well out of this change; seats worth £3.75 per week instead of 50p per week cash. Even if you can only play a freeroll once you're still 50% better off. It wouldn't surprise me if quite few single-table recs in the say 60-80 point per week range are cutting back a bit on their raked play to concentrate on the freerolls. I would.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I was thinking about this yesterday, as I was quite surprised to see how many runners those Freerolls were getting, far more than I expected.

It's sort of self-regulating, the way I see it. If - IF - the number of runners declined, the value per player INCREASES. So if the numbers, say, halved, a lot more would (or abso SHOULD) play them, because the value per player goes up. And it ought to self-moderate itself if players give it a bit of thought, & apply some maths logic.

• edited June 2015
    My widget says I've got my token, any idea when it's available to use?
    Does it show up in the "free stuff" on your account page?
  • edited June 2015
    My widget says I've got my token, any idea when it's available to use? Does it show up in the "free stuff" on your account page?
    Posted by VespaPX
    You get it on monday i think
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : You get it on monday i think
    Posted by stuarty117
    Cheers 
    Im hoping we will be able to save them up by then.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Cheers  Im hoping we will be able to save them up by then.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hope so, would love to keep them for bigger MTTs
  • edited June 2015
    Hi, I would be grateful if sky could let myself and players know when the token will be released this week and if the problem from last week has been sorted.  Thank-you  from ,truly56
  • edited June 2015
    ^ ^Any news Sky? ^^
  • edited June 2015
    ^ ^Any news Sky? ^^
    Posted by VespaPX

no token in my account, but i think (almost sure )
    My account balance has increased by £2.30 :)
    anyone else get this?

Regards Alan (richer than Richy Rich plo8 champ)

Edit= or look at the sticky thingy
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : no token in my account, but i think (almost sure ) My account balance has increased by £2.30 :) anyone else get this?  Regards Alan (richer than Richy Rich plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    See sticky at top of page
  • edited June 2015

As Vespa says, see THIS
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Hello everyone, We’re excited to reveal our brand new weekly Sky Poker Rewards Scheme, which will be launching from 1 st June. We wanted to give you all an early heads up of what to expect from the new and improved Sky Poker Rewards – there will be new levels to achieve, weekly cash payments and exciting daily £1,000 Freerolls for anyone that earns over 50 points each week. Read all about the new scheme  here And to celebrate the launch, we’re also giving away an iPad Air 2 in every daily freeroll throughout June! This is just the start of your rewards scheme – we’re looking for your feedback to make this the best rewards scheme we can, so let us know your thoughts. Thank you.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    total con