You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards :  I don't really get this. Are you saying they should have said..."We've changed the rewards scheme a lot of you are going to be much better off and some of you are going to be worse off but collectively you'll all be better off despite the fact that most people won't really have worked out how it will effect them before they start moaning".  They came up with a change that puts money onto the site...whether that money goes directly into every individual players pocket as rakeback or not, it has to be a good thing for ALL players that in the three-pronged poker game where you/your opponents and Sky Poker are attempting to get something out of every game played one of the three has made a change that benefits the other two.  Surely Sky Poker were entitled to trumpet that change?
    Posted by NChanning
    Hi Mr Channing - thank you for your responses on this thread, excellent stuff.

I just think there was an opportunity for Sky to have used a similar message to the one you've added in recent posts. If it was sold in a manner that they were making changes to improve player pools (which is the main point of any rewards scheme) and ergo the games, it may have elicited a more positive response.

As it is, the OP was offering a red rag to poker players (who do seem to be predisposed to a moan) by trumpeting 'new and improved' when it was obvious that a decent chunk of players would lose out in terms of direct rewards (so not improved at all)...

Then there seemed to be a mix of more moaning (about the people moaning) and incredulity that people were posting anything less than super positive above the changes... which much have been easily predictable... and potentially avoidable when it's a win for all parties to have a more harmonious forum?

Anyway, as per my last post I totally agree with your summary of the changes. Puts a much more positive (and honest) lens on the way Sky are looking to improve the site for all. Thanks again for your responses, Sky have done a great deal getting you on their team.
  • edited June 2015
    Quuestion for Sky JP if he is around. Under the old scheme, you were guarenteed 2p a point for making priority. If you were to make priority under this scheme playing just SNGs and say make 10,000 points exactly, you are entitled to 10% of rake paid. Given there is a double point weekend approaching, will the 10% of rake paid for making 10,000 points be purely 10% of rake paid or is there are minimum buffer, like before? Basically, if you were to make all 10,000 points during the double points weekend, playing only SNGs, would you receive £50 as the 10% or more? Thanks in advance.
    Posted by YouMad
    To put it simply, you're now guaranteed 2p per point (presuming you earn 2,000 points or more in any week you play), with rakeback on top.

If you were to earn exactly 10k points in the double points weekend, and not play any more this month at all, the breakdown would be as follows;

10k points @ 2p per point - £200
    10% rakeback based on £500 rake paid - £50
    Total - £250

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to discuss it more - would be good to see you back in Priority!
  • edited June 2015
    Im on the fence, ive never taken much notice of rakeback or rewards, but since this debate started, im more aware and take a  interest.

Ill be getting between 400-600 points a week, the one thing that will reduce the amount of points I get, is playing in a nightly freeroll, this freeroll will mean Im playing one table fewer , I expect a lot of people will be doing the same.

Is it actually creating more volume if there is one less table thats contributing rake?
  • edited June 2015
    Im on the fence, ive never taken much notice of rakeback or rewards, but since this debate started, im more aware and take a  interest.   Ill be getting between 400-600 points a week, the one thing that will reduce the amount of points I get, is playing in a nightly freeroll, this freeroll will mean Im playing one table fewer , I expect a lot of people will be doing the same. Is it actually creating more volume if there is one less table thats contributing rake?
    Posted by mumsie
    Only time will tell!

However, we have reason to believe that people will come on site for these freerolls, who wouldn't be on site without them. We also have reason to believe that people are more likely to play other games if they're already on site. Will be interesting to see if there's a noticeably difference in traffic on an evening from a players point of view.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Only time will tell! However, we have reason to believe that people will come on site for these freerolls, who wouldn't be on site without them. We also have reason to believe that people are more likely to play other games if they're already on site. Will be interesting to see if there's a noticeably difference in traffic on an evening from a players point of view.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Ahh, I see , im  an example of this working , I  came here as a cash player , I find myself loving the  DYM and tournies.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Ahh, I see , im  an example of this working , I  came here as a cash player , I find myself loving the  DYM and tournies.
    Posted by mumsie
    Good to here! I'm a fan of DYMs especially because my money seems to last longer! (Not that I can play on Sky!).
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks for clarifying that Jackaleen, and that it was nothing to do with playing a mysterious player 20 times in a row and win them all.

Of course its relevant! rule breaking is serious imo ...some people would be grateful to be still playing on sky after punishments were given to them.

Ger

ps hope i spelled ur name rite this time.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : To put it simply, you're now guaranteed 2p per point (presuming you earn 2,000 points or more in any week you play), with rakeback on top. If you were to earn exactly 10k points in the double points weekend, and not play any more this month at all, the breakdown would be as follows; 10k points @ 2p per point - £200 10% rakeback based on £500 rake paid - £50 Total - £250 Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to discuss it more - would be good to see you back in Priority!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Thanks JP. Top form as always
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I dont see this answered.
    Posted by mumsie

still not answered........
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : still not answered........
    Posted by vinny67
    I'm not 100% sure what hasn't been answered, but I think it's around the tournament token.

I can confirm that these will not expire until after 6 month, and you'll be able to save them up and use them for one tournament, should you wish.

If the terms are still showing the origional version, this is simply down to human error, and will be updated ASAP (likely Monday now).

Apologies for the late response.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I'm not 100% sure what hasn't been answered, but I think it's around the tournament token. I can confirm that these will not expire until after 6 month, and you'll be able to save them up and use them for one tournament, should you wish. If the terms are still showing the origional version, this is simply down to human error, and will be updated ASAP (likely Monday now). Apologies for the late response.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    thanks sky_jp........you the man.....or woman !! 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Really confused as to what's unanswered now, unless we've posted at the same time. Do these terms not reflect the change?
    Posted by Sky_JP
    yes we must have posted at the exact same moment lol...both posts said 7.55pm lol
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : yes we must have posted at the exact same moment lol...both posts said 7.55pm lol
    Posted by vinny67
    Haha no problem Vinny!

Both deleted now also!
  • edited June 2015
    Hi vinny, Thank-you for letting me know what JP said, it is much clearer now. Oh by the way did you enjoy the ballet lessons lol.   From truly56
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Only time will tell! However, we have reason to believe that people will come on site for these freerolls, who wouldn't be on site without them. We also have reason to believe that people are more likely to play other games if they're already on site. Will be interesting to see if there's a noticeably difference in traffic on an evening from a players point of view.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    I think you are right there. Obviously you have a core player base who mainly play here and the promotion pickers who mainly play elsewhere but drop in for a good value promotion.

It would appear that the promotion pickers dropped in last night for the rewards accelerators. I don't know if you can discuss volumes (relative not expecting absolute numbers) but I found generally games in the week were slow filling and then low and behold when the accelerator was on a lot more traffic. Not surprising really as core players and promotion pickers alike wanted the x4 boost.

I guess the point is that by making it really easy for the promotion pickers to play very limited times and make their 50 points overall the traffic is down. Especially compared to the mayhem promotion where 25pts were needed every day without any accelerators.
  • edited June 2015
    Just wanted to add that it has been fascinating reading from neil and sky peeps on the ins and outs of running promotions. Hope the 2 way comms carries on as the changes bed in.
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks for clarifying that Jackaleen, and that it was nothing to do with playing a mysterious player 20 times in a row and win them all. Of course its relevant! rule breaking is serious imo ...some people would be grateful to be still playing on sky after punishments were given to them. Ger ps hope i spelled ur name rite this time.
    Posted by gerardirl
    Doesn't even warrant a response.

You sound more than similar to a previous forum poster who recently got a ban, lets hope you aren't respawning and multi accounting.

• edited June 2015
    I am a regular on here, (and if you believed my wife, am on the Site far too often) very rarely play anything higher than £5 BIs unless I qualifiy through a satellite and rarely hit above 300 points a month.

This week after a range of small cash sessions and MTT's I'm about £7 up and have accrued the massive total of 27 points and am highly unlikely to make 50 points and qualify for next week's Freeroll. 

Is this going to make me leave the site? No. Am I going to lose sleep over missing out on the £2.36 I earned in cash back last month? Not really, but that is just my view, others obviously have a different view.

One of the reasons I like playing on Sky is because of the community forum, even if you have to read a lot of absolute tosh from some people, there are lots of threads and posts that are entertaining/interesting and there is a lot to be said for that.

Granted the number of posts lately have fallen and some regulars have decided to leave but a post from Tikay on one thread I saw recently said some other sites have single figure posts on their forum per day which just goes to show how popular, comparatively speaking, the Sky site is.

Add to that we have Tikay on hand at all hours of the day answering queries about this that and the other, and recently a seasoned professional like Neil Channing taking the time to read posts and reply in great depth and detail - something I doubt you would find elsewhere.

We should give this new system time to work. Sky have allready listened to feedback re tokens and their expiry date (great improvement) and other aspects raised, and there iis no reason to doubt that if the new system after being in operation for a few weeks generates some big anomaly it will be reviewed.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi vinny, Thank-you for letting me know what JP said, it is much clearer now. Oh by the way did you enjoy the ballet lessons lol.   From truly56
    Posted by truly56
    youre welcome t, and yes lesson went well but unfortunately there was a slight mishap when i mistakenly walked into the ladies showers and my tutu seemed to get snagged on a mystery object rendering me unable to move... for several hours... 
  • edited June 2015
    Hi vinny, Your such a dafty lol. be lucky at the tables. From truly56 ,, Take care
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Doesn't even warrant a response. You sound more than similar to a previous forum poster who recently got a ban, lets hope you aren't respawning and multi accounting.
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    He does play like gerardgirl sometimes ! :-)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : He does play like gerardgirl sometimes ! :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thats only on a saturday nite when the wife is away
  • edited June 2015
    No Im one of the clean guys that has never been disqualified for breaking rules ;).

Har Har
  • edited June 2015
    Here's an idea which would appeal to the countless people (myself included) who have asked for some type of tournament to soak up the hundreds if not thousands of poker points that sit in peoples' accounts.

As I understand it at the moment under the new system, people who reach 50 points get entry into the following week's freerolls but them and anyone reaching 99 poker points will end up with those points largely gathering dust because they will fall shot of winning a £2.30 token.

Why not run a tournament once a week or even every other week where the entry is for arguments sake 100 points (not earned in past day/week/month, just a simple 100 points) and the prize pool is tournament tokens, not cash just tokens.

That way it's not a case of Sky dishing out actual cash people might withdraw, just tokens to spend on more tournaments on Sky. In the past the software doesnt seems to have been able to do this but if tokens are now part of the regular Sky programme, this sort of tournament might be viable and would let people use their blinking points up. :)
  • edited June 2015
    Small gripe from me regarding Points Accelerator/Happy Days.

Cash players get 4 weekends worth whereas SnG players only get one weekend.
  • edited June 2015
    Small gripe from me regarding Points Accelerator/Happy Days. Cash players get 4 weekends worth whereas SnG players only get one weekend.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Us MTT players get zero weekends. Just saying.
  • edited June 2015
    Small gripe from me regarding Points Accelerator/Happy Days. Cash players get 4 weekends worth whereas SnG players only get one weekend.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Whilst it is a bit annoying you cant grind on 4 different weekends, it is tricky because there are limited sng's u can play in an hour, especially on sky with such low traffic.

cash players get 4 days @ 3 hours = 12 hours
    sng players get 3 days = 72 hours
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Whilst it is a bit annoying you cant grind on 4 different weekends, it is tricky because there are limited sng's u can play in an hour, especially on sky with such low traffic. cash players get 4 days @ 3 hours = 12 hours sng players get 3 days = 72 hours
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Gotcha - makes a bit more sense
    Cheers
  • edited June 2015
    actually my numbers are off

cash gets 3 hours * 3 days, * 4 weekends = 36 hours, not 12

but the point was the same

I think it will reduce traffic, for ppl like me, on the sng week I wont play during the week but wait for the double points at weekend and grind over 1 or 2 nights, and I feel confident a fair few others will do the same
  • edited June 2015
    actually my numbers are off cash gets 3 hours * 3 days, * 4 weekends = 36 hours, not 12 but the point was the same I think it will reduce traffic, for ppl like me, on the sng week I wont play during the week but wait for the double points at weekend and grind over 1 or 2 nights, and I feel confident a fair few others will do the same
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I'm just a rec who plays when I can for the enjoyment.
    If I make the points all well and good, if I don't a couple of quid token is not the end of the world.