You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Hello guys, Following some excellent feedback, we would like to inform you of a few changes that we have made to the new Sky Poker Rewards. 1. We have increased the Tournament Token from £2.20 to  £2.30. 2. We will look to review the Rewards Freeroll payout structure after a couple of weeks of them running. 3. We are making the £2.30 Tournament Tokens cumulative, so that you can save them up and buy into bigger games. 4. The expiration date for the Tournament Tokens has been increased from 2 weeks to 6 months - giving you longer to save up your tokens and spend them on a variety of games. Our customer’s experiences are vital to us. We value everyone's feedback and use it to make Sky Poker a more rewarding, better place for you to enjoy your poker. Many thanks for your suggestions, please do let us know if you have any others. Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Brilliant   :)
  • edited May 2015
    Excellent news and well done for taking in customers feedback!
  • edited May 2015
    But what about those people about to board a 6 month round the world cruise? They still miss out.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thank you for making me cry at 6.39 in the morning.
  • edited May 2015
    Ok thats it....Sky Kirsty will you marry me!!!

(nothing to do with the promo I just like your pic! lol)

Thanks for listening Sky ....nice hand!

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    Seems like SKY management are listening & taking a sensible approach.

Sticking to the time restrictions on tokens would have been terrible management of the business. Glad to see that common sense has prevailed.
  • edited May 2015
    But what about those people about to board a 6 month round the world cruise? They still miss out.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Who'd want to take a 6 month holiday anyway when there are so many freerolls to be played? 

You need to have a word with yourself and get your priorities sorted if you'd choose, say, the chance for 6 months of backpacking around Asia with a nympho 20-something Swedish girl with low self esteem, rather than sit at home alone playing free online poker.

That aside, echo the positive comments above on the tweaks.  Expect a few live blogs from people using a few months of free tourni tokens to try and bink a MBI or main/mini JP :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Who'd want to take a 6 month holiday anyway when there are so many freerolls to be played?  You need to have a word with yourself and get your priorities sorted if you'd choose, say, the chance for 6 months of backpacking around Asia with a nympho 20-something Swedish girl with low self esteem, rather than sit at home alone playing free online poker. That aside, echo the positive comments above on the tweaks.  Expect a few live blogs from people using a few months of free tourni tokens to try and bink a MBI or main/mini JP :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    Precisely why I'll be taking holidays exclusively around the UK from now on.

Was nice to read the list of changes after the feedback.
  • edited May 2015
    BIG +1 on the Sky response here.

Points 1,3 and 4 in partciular will be a big incentive for me to aim for 100 pts each week.
  • edited May 2015
    the weight on this promotion is rubbish no insentive at all past 100 points.  cash for pionts getting worst and worst.  for this to work they would have to run speical quad points on fridays/ week end to make up as i'll never get 1000 point in a week.
    Posted by D_Legend

LOL GUESS I WAS RIGHT LOL 
  • edited May 2015
    Rewards Accelerator - CASH POKER

To celebrate the relaunch of Sky Poker Rewards we're having a Rewards Accelerator at various times every weekend throughout the month of June on Cash Poker!

Helping you to rack up those Poker Points even faster for a sweet first weekly payment. Check out the promotion page here for more details.

Happy Days - SIT & GO's

Oh... and we'll throw in a Happy Days on Sit & Go's too! For the second weekend in June we're offering a DOUBLE BOOST on allSit & Go's. For more information see here.

Enjoy!
    :)
  • edited May 2015
    Hello guys, Following some excellent feedback, we would like to inform you of a few changes that we have made to the new Sky Poker Rewards. 1. We have increased the Tournament Token from £2.20 to  £2.30. 2. We will look to review the Rewards Freeroll payout structure after a couple of weeks of them running. 3. We are making the £2.30 Tournament Tokens cumulative, so that you can save them up and buy into bigger games. 4. The expiration date for the Tournament Tokens has been increased from 2 weeks to 6 months - giving you longer to save up your tokens and spend them on a variety of games. Our customer’s experiences are vital to us. We value everyone's feedback and use it to make Sky Poker a more rewarding, better place for you to enjoy your poker. Many thanks for your suggestions, please do let us know if you have any others. Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty

+++1

TY sky for listening to us, your customers, even giving a little shows us you value us and value our opinions. i will look forward to saving up tokens to take a shot at the bigger games that my bankroll does not stretch to..... thanks again

• edited May 2015
    Sort it out Sk... oh, you did.
  • edited May 2015
    Good afternoon Kirsty.
    I do not like to complain, but i am very unhappy that you have increased the £2.20 token to £2.30.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    p.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by SkyKirsty

Thanks for eventually listening

Good luck for the future and I hope all the Guys & Gals going to Vegas have an amazing time!

I've had a blast on Sky Poker

but since March the bubble's burst! and this gesture for me, is too liitle, too late!

I hope Aussie 09 is well, and does come back to the forum. Because for me, he was the epitomy of what the community was all about/

Be lucky everyone!

• edited June 2015
    Here's my two cents:

1. If it isn't broke don't fix it - I see no reason why it has been changed, or needed to change?

2. It all seems rather complicated and hard to work out, if it was just the same system but weekly, I wouldn't really care.

3. Im pretty sure I will earn less C4P's than before, so would have preferred it to stay the same... i probably average around 5000-8000 points a month, I have made priority before when I wasn't working, but only for a month or so.

4. I have zero interest in entering free rolls with hundreds and hundreds of players, even if I was at my computer at the time they were on. I also very rarely play MT's due to time concerns - can the silly tokens be used for sit n go's? - Why can't the £2.30 just be awarded as cash instead of a token?

5. Since yesterday, (1st June), I have noticed significant reduced numbers on the DYM sit n go tables, particularly in the mornings (they were busier last week for sure) - is this a coincidence, or have regs decided to move on to other sites?

I have to say, anything that reduces my monthly "side income" from poker isn't going to impress me and judging from the size and number or posts on this subject, it appears to have gone down like a lead balloon on the whole.

I barely ever post on the forum, which in itself tells Sky how strongly I feel about this; I look forward to their response to this post.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Here's my two cents: 1. If it isn't broke don't fix it - I see no reason why it has been changed, or needed to change? 2. It all seems rather complicated and hard to work out, if it was just the same system but weekly, I wouldn't really care. 3. Im pretty sure I will earn less C4P's than before, so would have preferred it to stay the same... i probably average around 5000-8000 points a month, I have made priority before when I wasn't working, but only for a month or so. 4. I have zero interest in entering free rolls with hundreds and hundreds of players, even if I was at my computer at the time they were on. I also very rarely play MT's due to time concerns - can the silly tokens be used for sit n go's? - Why can't the £2.30 just be awarded as cash instead of a token? 5. Since yesterday, (1st June), I have noticed significant reduced numbers on the DYM sit n go tables, particularly in the mornings (they were busier last week for sure) - is this a coincidence, or have regs decided to move on to other sites? I have to say, anything that reduces my monthly "side income" from poker isn't going to impress me and judging from the size and number or posts on this subject, it appears to have gone down like a lead balloon on the whole. I barely ever post on the forum, which in itself tells Sky how strongly I feel about this; I look forward to their response to this post.
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    ffs didnt think i say this but agree with everything u wrote
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards : ffs didnt think i say this but agree with everything u wrote
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Lol's hi Chillie, thanks for support - at end of the day we are both regs who rake a similar amount I would have thought. GL at the tables, im nice off of them honest ;-)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Here's my two cents: 1. If it isn't broke don't fix it - I see no reason why it has been changed, or needed to change? 2. It all seems rather complicated and hard to work out, if it was just the same system but weekly, I wouldn't really care. 3. Im pretty sure I will earn less C4P's than before, so would have preferred it to stay the same... i probably average around 5000-8000 points a month, I have made priority before when I wasn't working, but only for a month or so. 4. I have zero interest in entering free rolls with hundreds and hundreds of players, even if I was at my computer at the time they were on. I also very rarely play MT's due to time concerns - can the silly tokens be used for sit n go's? - Why can't the £2.30 just be awarded as cash instead of a token? 5. Since yesterday, (1st June), I have noticed significant reduced numbers on the DYM sit n go tables, particularly in the mornings (they were busier last week for sure) - is this a coincidence, or have regs decided to move on to other sites? I have to say, anything that reduces my monthly "side income" from poker isn't going to impress me and judging from the size and number or posts on this subject, it appears to have gone down like a lead balloon on the whole. I barely ever post on the forum, which in itself tells Sky how strongly I feel about this; I look forward to their response to this post.
    Posted by Jacquelyn

Any response SkyPoker?

• edited June 2015
    In Response to New Sky Poker Rewards : Any response SkyPoker?
    Posted by Jacquelyn

Hi Jacquelyn - we thing that most of your questions have been answered by us or others on the thread already (a lot in our earlier posts) but if there's any specific ones that you think havent, then feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited June 2015
    Great that Sky Poker have responded in this way.

Rather than freerolls, perhaps Sky would like to consider a raffle - or daily raffles - like the Golden Ticket promotion from a while back.

The more points you earn from 50 to 100 points, the more tickets you get.

This would mean the people who are unable to play in freerolls would still have an incentive
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Jacquelyn,

The tokens can be used in SNGs (clearly stated in the T's and C's/FAQs on the promotions page)

In your case it doesn't look like that will be relevant to you.

If you get 5-8k per month

Then you are right in the range of 1k-2k per week.

If you nudge 1k then you get 1.25p/pt

If you play more the incentive is clearly there if you are approaching the next threshhold to achieve it as all of your points are boosted to 1.5p/pt or 2 p/pt if you make 1500/2000. 

I agree that FRs arent always great - I am going to try and see though. My main aim is to get at least 100pts in any week I am playing and accumulate the £2.30 tokens towards a bigger event. I dont usually play many MTTs either, but the chance to save up for a UKOPS M/E or use them for a main/mini every now and again when I can play is a good incentive for me.

• edited June 2015
    Regarding reduced volume this week in the mornings,  I think it is too soon to assume cause and effect.

Last week was a very untypical week with it being a holiday week so more people are off in the day and the mayhem freerolls being on which means people were accumulating the 25pts necessary to enter.

June/July/August are notoriously quieter months - so we may never really know whether this new system is to blame for any changes in traffic.

In the short term it is going to boost mine - but I had a very low baseline from April/May when I hardly played for a variety of reasons.
  • edited June 2015
    Checking onto this thread for the first time for a week. Very happy to see the changes announced by Kirsty, it's great to see Sky Poker listening to and reacting to constructive criticism.

Only one major flaw remains in my opinion (as mentioned by others); that huge black-hole between 100 and 500 points per week, a range I suspect a covers a decent percentage of the player pool.

Apart from those within striking distance of 500 ppw everybody else in this range is longer rewarded for increased play. Can't be right.
  • edited June 2015
    Basically, SKY poker is one from the worst if looking for rake you have to pay for poker room. Now is even worst becouse they decided to give back to players even less from rakeback. The only thing make you still exist is really low players skill level. No any other advantage. Software always been bad, rake high, now you improved, what to say? Just well done ! Almost forgot, Sky poker channel on SKY gone missing, lots of savings for company, nothing back to players, you can start pack your staff....
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Black bin bagged?
    Posted by mumsie
    should be mate
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Jacquelyn, The tokens can be used in SNGs (clearly stated in the T's and C's/FAQs on the promotions page) In your case it doesn't look like that will be relevant to you. If you get 5-8k per month Then you are right in the range of 1k-2k per week. If you nudge 1k then you get 1.25p/pt If you play more the incentive is clearly there if you are approaching the next threshhold to achieve it as all of your points are boosted to 1.5p/pt or 2 p/pt if you make 1500/2000.  I agree that FRs arent always great - I am going to try and see though. My main aim is to get at least 100pts in any week I am playing and accumulate the £2.30 tokens towards a bigger event. I dont usually play many MTTs either, but the chance to save up for a UKOPS M/E or use them for a main/mini every now and again when I can play is a good incentive for me.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Indeed, it looks, to me, like I will qualify for flat out cash as before, just much less of it?

That stinks IMO, and although an improvement for some it isn't for me. It sounds selfish but poker is a selfish game - I don't really care if Jobloggs1999 who plays 60p games gets an extra token each month, he will likely never ever play at my tables.

I do not have the time to "play more" - i play in the spare time that I have away from work, to play more would mean arriving to work late haha.

I am very disappointed with these changes - Skypoker has the one of the industry highests rake structure, its tv channel has recently been removed, and now they decide to punish their regular raking players with this new system.

I am confident that this has affected the regulars enough for them to move on - this week alone I have not seen Waller, Patwalsh, Heddoh, Macara, bigbadbert, msdude and many many others in the mornings like usual. I waited 45 minutes for a DYM table to load up today LOL.

Why would they stay if they can make more per hour/per month at other sites? - Rake and rewards is a part of that calculation and Skypoker has effectively just said to us "take a pay cut".

I have given Skypoker a whopping $18,500 in rake in under two years - I honestly feel that myself and other players who rake simlar amounts should be rewarded for this not punished.

I await Skypokers thoughts on this.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Hi Jacquelyn - we thing that most of your questions have been answered by us or others on the thread already (a lot in our earlier posts) but if there's any specific ones that you think havent, then feel free to ask. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Yes, here is a specific question:

Why, after raking $18,500 for your site/business in under two years am I being punished in the form of less overall c4p's per week/month/year (however you want to look at it) ?
  • edited June 2015

You said...

2. It all seems rather complicated and hard to work out, if it was just the same system but weekly, I wouldn't really care.

3. Im pretty sure I will earn less C4P's than before, so would have preferred it to stay the same... i probably

Can we take it that you have worked out how you will be under the new scheme compared to the old as it does appear that a lot of people in this thread appear to have taken a stance of post to complain first and then see how it actually effects me later?

When you and others in the thread say "If it isn't broken don't fix it" does that mean nothing in life should ever change given that it seems to sort of work Ok. I have visited the offices of Sky Poker several times and I can confirm that there are many very clever people there. They constantly look at the rewards system to see that it does exactly what rewards systems for all businesses from air miles to Nectar Points are intended to do...encourage and reward business in the way that they would like. Are you saying that they should never wake up and say..."I know what we should encourage people to play SNGs this month and adjust the rewards to help those people?" and that everything should always stay exactly the same?

It seems that any rewards system that gives you more money is fine so in theory you wouldn't be posting if the new system doubled the amount you get and cut all other players. Is that the case and would that make you post a happy reply?

Are you disputing the fact that the changes to the rewards system will cost Sky Poker considerably more money and the overall total of rewards that players receive will massively go up? Did you see the chart that shows many more groups of players receiving more under the new system than those who are receiving less? Are you saying the representatives of Sky Poker who have posted here are lying?

Is it possible that Sky Poker have looked at people who by playing their current amount of poker will receive less and thought this new scheme could be good for them and the player if they can persuade them to play more and that is what they are attempting to do?

• edited June 2015
    I havent read this whole thread mainly because im sure its full of moaners and whingers, but from what i can see ill be making more money than before in rakeback, so atleast u have 1 happy customer :)
  • edited June 2015
     You said...   2. It all seems rather complicated and hard to work out, if it was just the same system but weekly, I wouldn't really care. 3. Im pretty sure I will earn less C4P's than before, so would have preferred it to stay the same... i probably  Can we take it that you have worked out how you will be under the new scheme compared to the old as it does appear that a lot of people in this thread appear to have taken a stance of post to complain first and then see how it actually effects me later?  When you and others in the thread say "If it isn't broken don't fix it" does that mean nothing in life should ever change given that it seems to sort of work Ok. I have visited the offices of Sky Poker several times and I can confirm that there are many very clever people there. They constantly look at the rewards system to see that it does exactly what rewards systems for all businesses from air miles to Nectar Points are intended to do...encourage and reward business in the way that they would like. Are you saying that they should never wake up and say..."I know what we should encourage people to play SNGs this month and adjust the rewards to help those people?" and that everything should always stay exactly the same?  It seems that any rewards system that gives you more money is fine so in theory you wouldn't be posting if the new system doubled the amount you get and cut all other players. Is that the case and would that make you post a happy reply?  Are you disputing the fact that the changes to the rewards system will cost Sky Poker considerably more money and the overall total of rewards that players receive will massively go up? Did you see the chart that shows many more groups of players receiving more under the new system than those who are receiving less? Are you saying the representatives of Sky Poker who have posted here are lying?  Is it possible that Sky Poker have looked at people who by playing their current amount of poker will receive less and thought this new scheme could be good for them and the player if they can persuade them to play more and that is what they are attempting to do?  
    Posted by NChanning
    Hi Neil,

Yes, based on raking on average 5000 points a month, and using the table you yourself posted, i have worked out that on average I am likely to lose around £450 a year. That's a lot of money to many.

I assume when you speak of the "very clever people working at sky" you aren't referring to the people that create the software (very poor when compared to leading sites) or are on 24/h chat (that sometimes doesn't even work, and when you do get through who knows what you might get!). Let's assume that the ones behind this idea aren't those people ;-)

Anyway, these aren't the reasons I play here, I can live with these side issues.

I hope I am not suggesting that the reps are lying, certainly not my intention.

I am also not saying things can't change, but one would think as SkyPoker gets bigger and better and we head towards 2020 leaving the recession behind and with all the money SkyPoker/Vegas makes as a company overall, one would hope that a change to a rewards system would be an improvement for every single player, not some and not others?

I believe having loyally played on this site almost daily for two years (allbeit not full time), raking approximately $10,000 a year for the site, I am entitled to be disgruntled at something that is going to lose me money, and worst still, potentially affect the traffic in the games that I tend to play on your site.

Don't you think that's fair enough? 

If I was one of the clever people at Skypoker, I would want to reward loyalty from someone who visits my business daily (more often), instead of rewarding many people with a miniscule £2.30 token that visit the site sporadically (less often) - as a frequent flyer and a nectar card points holder (your example), this is also how they tend to work - don't fly, no airmiles as opposed to "you fly a lot with us, lets use some of your money to reward the masses that only fly with us once or twice".

It would appear that "the clever people" are trying to adopt a policy that improves rewards for the masses (most of the masses being those that play very low stakes poker) and also those that play high stakes non cash poker - that's what I can gather from the table anyway. You've tried to cater for everyone, but left out that group on 5000 points that i unfortunately fall into.

The way I see it, it is the equivalent of SkyPoker opening a restaurant and trying to fill it with 100 people wanting a burger and a soft drink, rather than 30 people wanting a Wagyu steak and a glass of wine.

However, what if all the customers that come to Sky on a daily basis, raking 5000 points a month all decided to leave because they knew they could get their £450 back at another site (and more I would expect), then you would need even more customers to buy the burger and soft drink.

Indeed, having waited over 45 minutes for a DYM game this morning, and all the other mornings this week - a game which would normally fill in 10 minutes, it looks like this could be happening right before our eyes, right now.

As DCM002 mentions on page 15 - why can't we have a choice whether to switch to the new system or not, or is that too difficult for the "clever people"? ;-)

As a company owner myself, I of course welcome new customers to my business. However, the retention of customers (especially those giving me $10,000 a year) is also vitally important, if not more so (new customers can come, not enjoy the product and leave).

As previously mentioned by DUNMIDOSH on page 14, with the demise of the tv channel, lowering of guarantees in tournaments, industry high rakes, and now these changes that are going to cost myself and other 5000 points earners a lot of money, which in turn is lowering the traffic in the DYM games I like to play, can SkyPoker or yourself give me a good reason as to what incentive there is for me to stay?

Many thanks.