You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited May 2015
    and 50 points a week means they lose £2 but gain entry into 20 £1k freerolls which surely (structure dependent) be worth more than £2.

And sky, I am still waiting on a reply to my question about freerolls?

Will the 5 x £1k freerolls replace all the current freerolls you currently run/will run, or will it replace them totally? 

That will make a big difference imo 
  • edited May 2015
    I had meant to keep out of this one - but Matt tempted me in with above comment.

Firstly I would thank SkyPoker for opening the debate and staying with it - I am sure Tikay is appreciative of not being "stuck in the middle" on this one.

From the perspective of how does this effect me - probably doesn't - maybe worse off. On current volume for the last couple of months I havent even made 100 points. Generally when I am playing it would be between 200 and 500. The most welcome change on here for me was when the threshhold for rewards was reduced from 500 to 100. This feels like a reversal.

I assume the thinking behind the change is to encourage volume?

Weekly limits encourage volume but does penalise the average rec like me.

Having more steps in rewards also encourages players to keep going for the next level.

Tokens rather than cash - obviously means the reward has to be put back into the site.

I probably will lose out - slightly - c4p is not what keeps me on this site.

I do wish the tokens were cumulative and valid longer - I would love to be able to build up tokens towards a large main event - thats the dream for a rec like me - get in a big event cheaply and get a big payout.

I think the whole imbalance in the rake itself for all microstakes and for dym v 6-max and for B/H v freezouts is a bigger and thornier issue which I would welcome some discussion on with SkyPoker peeps in a thread like this.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    and 50 points a week means they lose £2 but gain entry into 20 £1k freerolls which surely (structure dependent) be worth more than £2. And sky, I am still waiting on a reply to my question about freerolls? Will the 5 x £1k freerolls replace all the current freerolls you currently run/will run, or will it replace them totally?  That will make a big difference imo  
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Agreed!

In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry, this is categorically not the case. We genuinely dont mind feedback but speculation like that is not helpful thank you. These changes have absolutely nothing to do with taxes or cost saving. As has been said, this is not a cost saving activity. We will see how it goes, but alongside other promos etc, it will likely cost us more. One of the reasons that we are growing as a site is because we are investing in poker from a product, marketing and overall business perspective. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Sounds like you are saying these cuts are too help pay for future promotions!

Would these promotions not be run anyway too keep traffic up on site and entice new players?
  • edited May 2015
    I do wish the tokens were cumulative and valid longer - I would love to be able to build up tokens towards a large main event - thats the dream for a rec like me - get in a big event cheaply and get a big payout.
    Posted by Phantom66
    This would be a great tweak to the new scheme which imo would help address the current 'meh' approach to the new rewards.  Admittedly it would take a year (give or take) to earn enough £2.20 tokens to enter a £110 roller/UKOPS event, but that sort of loyalty to playing ever week are essentially what the whole scheme is about anyway.

Or at least a bit less 'meh' than swapping £20-£40 of monthly rewards to take to the cash table with a bunch of tournaments you won't often be able to play anyway.
  • edited May 2015
    Can I use the token/s to pay the car parking charges at hospital?#scandalousripoffpayingtopark
  • edited May 2015
     HI, I have been reading this and it seems everyone has a different answer so can someone with right answer plz rreply/
     My understanding of it ypou play 50 points a week and you receive 2.50 token and entry into 5 freerolls. What are the freerolls worth ?. from truly56
  • edited May 2015
    Can I use the token/s to pay the car parking charges at hospital?#scandalousripoffpayingtopark
    Posted by tomgoodun
    With you there. Spent a fortune on parking when my wife spent 3 months in hospital. Have you checked with admin at your hospital? Sometimes they give exemptions to people with regular treatment and sometimes relatives can get weekly tickets cheap if a patient is in for a while. They dont tend to advertise these things well so worth asking.
  • edited May 2015
     HI, I have been reading this and it seems everyone has a different answer so can someone with right answer plz rreply/  My understanding of it ypou play 50 points a week and you receive 2.50 token and entry into 5 freerolls. What are the freerolls worth ?. from truly56
    Posted by truly56
    50 points a week gets you into 5 x £1k freerolls

100 points a week gets you a £2.20 token + freerolls

500+ you don't get token, you get cash but still get freerolls
  • edited May 2015
    the weight on this promotion is rubbish no insentive at all past 100 points. 

cash for pionts getting worst and worst. 

for this to work they would have to run speical quad points on fridays/ week end to make up as i'll never get 1000 point in a week.
  • edited May 2015
    And sky, I am still waiting on a reply to my question about freerolls? Will the 5 x £1k freerolls replace all the current freerolls you currently run/will run, or will it replace them totally?  That will make a big difference imo  
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Sorry, just noticed I typo'd this.

What I meant was, will they replace all the other freerolls (which would mean the same as we are getting now and this not new), or will it be in ADDITION to them.

It needs to be in addition to them imo.
  • edited May 2015
     HI, I have been reading this and it seems everyone has a different answer so can someone with right answer plz rreply/  My understanding of it ypou play 50 points a week and you receive 2.50 token and entry into 5 freerolls. What are the freerolls worth ?. from truly56
    Posted by truly56

click on the very first post in this thread. its points to a link explaining whats what and its not ambiguous.
    really its not.
    this thread wouldnt be half as long if people actyally read it.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : click on the very first post in this thread. its points to a link explaining whats what and its not ambiguous. really its not. this thread wouldnt be half as long if people actyally read it.
    Posted by mumsie

I agree, I also admit that I did not read original sky promo correctly and now that I've read it carefully I quite like the new rewards scheme and 
    Think now there's more reason to make priority.
    Better get the coffee in some long hours ahead next month.
  • edited May 2015
    i must admit i haven't read all the details of the new rewards scheme
    but what exactly is the change trying to achieve? 
    even if the initial move costs skypoker the same one assumes future changes will be in their favour

• edited May 2015
    it's a war of attrition imho
    and it's the Sky recs that are being attritioned!

• edited May 2015
    New rewards scheme? What? When?

:D
  • edited May 2015
    New rewards scheme? What? When? :D
    Posted by gerardirl
    LOL
  • edited May 2015
    the weight on this promotion is rubbish no insentive at all past 100 points.  cash for pionts getting worst and worst.  for this to work they would have to run speical quad points on fridays/ week end to make up as i'll never get 1000 point in a week.
    Posted by D_Legend
    So are you saying in C4P scheme you used to keep playing past 100 points because you could get up to a couple quid more? Rather than the fact you enjoy playing? 

btw, do you mean 500 points per week? As thats the next bracket past the 100 points per week and gives you 1p per point.
  • edited May 2015

I just saw this table on Facebook. Has this bloke got it wrong or does it turn out that most people are better off?

• edited May 2015
    Cant see it yet but is that the grid from this thread showing all the different levels?

On the face of it, it looks to me like most people will be better off, but still waiting on support to confirm here about the freerolls, they seem very good at avoiding the question :p
  • edited May 2015
    it's a war of attrition imho and it's the Sky recs that are being attritioned!
    Posted by GELDY
    Glad you said attrition not nutrition!

Cos the money I'm going to save not playing on SP

will probably now be spent on fast foods
  • edited May 2015

Hello guys,

Following some excellent feedback, we would like to inform you of a few changes that we have made to the new Sky Poker Rewards.

1. We have increased the Tournament Token from £2.20 to £2.30.

2. We will look to review the Rewards Freeroll payout structure after a couple of weeks of them running.

3. We are making the £2.30 Tournament Tokens cumulative, so that you can save them up and buy into bigger games.

4. The expiration date for the Tournament Tokens has been increased from 2 weeks to 6 months - giving you longer to save up your tokens and spend them on a variety of games.

Our customer’s experiences are vital to us. We value everyone's feedback and use it to make Sky Poker a more rewarding, better place for you to enjoy your poker. Many thanks for your suggestions, please do let us know if you have any others.

Sky Kirsty

• edited May 2015
    Awesome job sky-Kirsty, well played
  • edited May 2015
    But what about those people about to board a 6 month round the world cruise? They still miss out.
  • edited May 2015
    Not sure why people are saying the lower volume players are missing out. You only have to get 50-99 points per week and get entered into 5k worth of free rolls, which are going to be worth a lot more than they'd usually get through cash rewards. 

Its the middle tier of raking players that don't make priority who are missing out IMO.

• edited May 2015
    Hello guys, Following some excellent feedback, we would like to inform you of a few changes that we have made to the new Sky Poker Rewards. 1. We have increased the Tournament Token from £2.20 to  £2.30. 2. We will look to review the Rewards Freeroll payout structure after a couple of weeks of them running. 3. We are making the £2.30 Tournament Tokens cumulative, so that you can save them up and buy into bigger games. 4. The expiration date for the Tournament Tokens has been increased from 2 weeks to 6 months - giving you longer to save up your tokens and spend them on a variety of games. Our customer’s experiences are vital to us. We value everyone's feedback and use it to make Sky Poker a more rewarding, better place for you to enjoy your poker. Many thanks for your suggestions, please do let us know if you have any others. Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Excellent changes

Thank you very much.
  • edited May 2015
    Not sure why people are saying the lower volume players are missing out. You only have to get 50-99 points per week and get entered into 5k worth of free rolls, which are going to be worth a lot more than they'd usually get through cash rewards. Posted by BigHawk89
    Indeed.

And realistically speaking, most people wouldn't stop on 90 points+ (or maybe lower), but will grind the extra 10 points just for the £2.30 token, which is £1.30 more value now than if they earned just 100 points.
  • edited May 2015
    Not sure why people are saying the lower volume players are missing out. You only have to get 50-99 points per week and get entered into 5k worth of free rolls, which are going to be worth a lot more than they'd usually get through cash rewards.
    If you can't play at 7:00pm Mon-Fri (when I imagine a lot of people won't have got in from work yet) the lower tier players won't get anything.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : If you can't play at 7:00pm Mon-Fri (when I imagine a lot of people won't have got in from work yet) the lower tier players won't get anything.
    Posted by FCHD
    You can't always please everyone but I'd say the majority of people are home from work by 7. Maybe sky will have late reg on the freeroll? 
  • edited May 2015
    But what about those people about to board a 6 month round the world cruise? They still miss out.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol you just could'nt resist could you :@}
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : If you can't play at 7:00pm Mon-Fri (when I imagine a lot of people won't have got in from work yet) the lower tier players won't get anything.
    Posted by FCHD
    Think it is 7.30pm + late reg.  That is late enough imo.

If you are at work, you can't play the earlier times people are asking for anyway :p