You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I am a bit different, my aim is £100 a month profit from freerolls.

I kinda break even on rake and then jump from site to site playing the best promos to make the profit on each site as needed
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    I am a bit different, my aim is £100 a month profit from freerolls. I kinda break even on rake and then jump from site to site playing the best promos to make the profit on each site as needed
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Gl
    Run good
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    • Could we please have the token set up so we can choose when to use them please.  At the moment they are used as soon as you reg for a touney and you can't save them up as promised above.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Thanks for all the feedback. Just three things to mention... Firstly, we know from experience that it's very difficult to make changes to things like this to make everybody happy. Some might be a bit worse off, some better off and some the same. It is natural for people to say what it means for them but we design these things to reward people correctly and fairly and appeal to the most people possible. Also, this scheme is not set in stone forever. We and you will learn from the changes and depending on how things go, it's possible future tweaks will be made to make it the best we can for the benefit of the most people on the site overall. The new weekly model gives us more flexibiity on this. Finally, remember there will be more cash and prizes available to people to add to or compliment this scheme - like the iPads in June. There will be more things like this in future so watch this space as we annouce more. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    all about maximising skys profits and getting the most money out of your customers funny there was no consultation on this before it was forced upon your customers
  • edited June 2015
    The Promotions page says this about tournament tokens...

"Poker Tournament token - Go to enter a tournament. As long as the token can be used for the tournament the token value will appear on the buy in screen. Buy in to the tournament as normal, your token will be automatically be used to enter the tournament.If the tournament value exceeds the token value your own funds will be used to make up the difference"

Which is exactly what happens. I would expect some extra coding would be required to allow the optional use of tournament tokens instead of cash desposited and to set the limit to 6 months instead of 1 month. 

Hopefully it will be sorted soon as I really want to save mine up and keep them separate from the cash. 
  • edited June 2015
    It seems they already have the technology it just isn't applied to poker tokens yet.

1. For sports tokens you are not forced to use tokens, you can click on the "use sports token" at the point of completing a betting slip
    2. For vegas tokens if the value of the spin is less than amount of the token it just deducts the amount of the spin from the token value.

Hopefully wont take too long to put tournament tokens on a level playing field.

• edited June 2015
    It seems they already have the technology it just isn't applied to poker tokens yet. 1. For sports tokens you are not forced to use tokens, you can click on the "use sports token" at the point of completing a betting slip 2. For vegas tokens if the value of the spin is less than amount of the token it just deducts the amount of the spin from the token value. Hopefully wont take too long to put tournament tokens on a level playing field.
    Posted by Phantom66
  • edited June 2015
    If the aim of this recent change to the Rewards system is to alienate most of the semi-regular lower stakes players, well done Sky you've done an astounding job!
  • edited June 2015
    This new reward scheme sucks, it's got worse and worse over the years. I don't want tournament tokens I never play them as I only like cash games. I don't have much time to play maybe 4-6 evenings a month but even then I could get my bonus money upto £15-20 and that was worth it.
  • edited June 2015
    It seems that whatever u register for , including a 30p dym that sky will automatically take your token... so it cannot be saved up as it takes it with no warning...absolute fiasco imo.....live chat will refund you this time but there stance is this. Simon K: Yeah they will not expire. This doesn't mean that if you play it does not take your token though. All it is saying is that you can save your free tokens for up to 6 months and if you get more than one you can add them together to buy into a bigger tournament. But, as I sai I will add you this £2 back on as credit for you to buy into a game now for you, okay? Simon K: Thanks again but this still does not say it will not be used if you play. I am offering to credit you this money as cash I don't understand why you keep sending these snippets?

i was sending him sky kirstys updated rules and also sky_jps comments saying quite clearly they can be saved up...how can they be saved up if they are taken automatically with no warning?
  • edited June 2015
    Earnt just over 50 points last week.
    Won £3 in the freeroll last night, which is more than i used to get back in a month.
    With the fiasco going on with the tokens, i have no incentive to get to 100pts a week.
    Carry on as normal.
  • edited June 2015
    See we have one person registered for the freeroll before reg opens !
    How does this happen again?

Starts At
    19:30
    Late Reg for
    20 Minutes
    Buy-In
    £0 + £0
    Prize Pool
    £1000
    Registered
    1 / 2500
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    5 Minutes

£1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.

• edited June 2015
      See we have one person registered for the freeroll before reg opens ! How does this happen again? Starts At 19:30 Late Reg for 20 Minutes Buy-In £0 + £0 Prize Pool £1000 Registered 1 / 2500 Chips 2000 Blind Limits 5 Minutes £1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.
      Posted by VespaPX

Its the cleaner
    • edited June 2015
      See we have one person registered for the freeroll before reg opens ! How does this happen again? Starts At 19:30 Late Reg for 20 Minutes Buy-In £0 + £0 Prize Pool £1000 Registered 1 / 2500 Chips 2000 Blind Limits 5 Minutes £1,000 Rewards Freeroll. 1st place wins a 64GB Silver iPad Air, open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous calendar week, please see promotional page for details. Registration will open at 5pm on the day.
      Posted by VespaPX
      This was an error where a player was manually entered. It was quickly noticed and resolved with the player de-registered.
    • edited June 2015
      I originally didnt like the new rewards structure but now I like it more than C4p.

I have already got a £2.30 token which is the same as cash for me as Im gonna use it for dyms. If I get a couple more of them it will result in £6 or £7 which I never achieved in C4p. 

On top of that if I cash in any of the freerolls thats extra, plus I get free entertainment for playing in a tournament that I can win cash in!

This new promo is also helping me play more.....which is what sky wanted , this on top of Stuarty117s 1k challenge!

Thanks Sky!

Ger 
    • edited June 2015
      Erm, am I understanding this right...

I want to play a dym and I want to save my tokens for a bigger game but I can't because if I register for a dym or small MTT it takes my token away?
    • edited June 2015
      Erm, am I understanding this right... I want to play a dym and I want to save my tokens for a bigger game but I can't because if I register for a dym or small MTT it takes my token away?
      Posted by MrWh1te
      Yep thats whats happening at the moment.
      Supposed to be sorted for next week.
    • edited June 2015
      I'd love to see some of you guys in a genuine crisis situation.
    • edited June 2015
      Posted by hhyftrftdr
      Come on harry. I think these grumbles are well warranted on this occasion. No, it's not a crisis, but it is certainly an example of poor customer service.

People are well within their rights to air any grievances on here. Just because something doesn't bother you it doesn't have to mean that it shouldn't bother anyone else.

Hope you had a good time in Vegas btw
    • edited June 2015
      best bet is to ignore hhryyffryudytdu

he is just a troll and tbh, he has a right to be bitter given he is named after a welsh town
    • edited June 2015
      In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Come on harry. I think these grumbles are well warranted on this occasion. No, it's not a crisis, but it is certainly an example of poor customer service. People are well within their rights to air any grievances on here. Just because something doesn't bother you it doesn't have to mean that it shouldn't bother anyone else. Hope you had a good time in Vegas btw
      Posted by waller02
      Yeah, its poor on Sky's part that the new rewards promo stuff hasn't been set up correctly. But it does amuse me when people use words like ''victim'' and ''fiasco''.

There is some truly awful stuff going on in the world, perspective. I'll leave it at that.

Good time, thanks. Was looking into going on a 6 month round the world cruise next, but don't wanna miss out on my 2 quid MTT token so soon scratched that idea.
    • edited June 2015
      Posted by hhyftrftdr
      CRISIS??? what crisis? omg we are all going to DIE !!!!!!!!!!
    • edited June 2015
      In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Yeah, its poor on Sky's part that the new rewards promo stuff hasn't been set up correctly. But it does amuse me when people use words like ''victim'' and ''fiasco''. There is some truly awful stuff going on in the world, perspective. I'll leave it at that. Good time, thanks. Was looking into going on a 6 month round the world cruise next, but don't wanna miss out on my 2 quid MTT token so soon scratched that idea.
      Posted by hhyftrftdr
      Yeah agree with you there, but it certainly is annoying, a bit like you, but I still talk to you so I will still continue to play here too.

Glad you had a good trip mate
    • edited June 2015
      I originally didnt like the new rewards structure but now I like it more than C4p. I have already got a £2.30 token which is the same as cash for me as Im gonna use it for dyms. If I get a couple more of them it will result in £6 or £7 which I never achieved in C4p.  On top of that if I cash in any of the freerolls thats extra, plus I get free entertainment for playing in a tournament that I can win cash in! This new promo is also helping me play more.....which is what sky wanted , this on top of Stuarty117s 1k challenge! Thanks Sky! Ger 
      Posted by gerardirl

I am actually with you on this ger, i cashed 4 quid in the 1st free roll last night and although my token is gone by accident (im sure it will get sorted by next week) i got the 2 quid refunded. so instead of c4p where i woulda got 2-3 quid a month i am actually double that after week one...so yes when its sorted i i will agree 100% i think its going to be better for me personally 

• edited June 2015
      Relax everyone ....its ok!!! Crisis is over....i just found 50 pence on the ground......1/5th of the way there to being the equivalent of the £2.30 token ;)

Now how much is this round the world trip thingie? hehe

Good luck in Vegas hyf, are you playing in the wsop?

Ger
    • edited June 2015
      Relax everyone ....its ok!!! Crisis is over....i just found 50 pence on the ground......1/5th of the way there to being the equivalent of the £2.30 token ;) Now how much is this round the world trip thingie? hehe Good luck in Vegas hyf, are you playing in the wsop? Ger
      Posted by gerardirl
      Come on! No need for all these rubs, I'm back already :(

Bad trip, had to remove the elastic band from my wallet on numerous occasions.
    • edited June 2015
      In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Yeah, its poor on Sky's part that the new rewards promo stuff hasn't been set up correctly. But it does amuse me when people use words like ''victim'' and ''fiasco''. There is some truly awful stuff going on in the world, perspective. I'll leave it at that. Good time, thanks. Was looking into going on a 6 month round the world cruise next, but don't wanna miss out on my 2 quid MTT token so soon scratched that idea.
      Posted by hhyftrftdr
      Can't you have a re-think?
    • edited June 2015
      Awh ok, well hope you had a good time, must be an amazing experience!

Ger
    • edited June 2015
      In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Can't you have a re-think?
      Posted by VespaPX
      Only if Sky make the tokens valid for 7 months. Sort it out Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!