You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Rewards

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards:
    Very dissapointed with the new system. This is going to affect a lot of players in a bad way. In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : It'll go towards covering the new 15% Tax rate that UK Poker site operators now need to pay. These (negative) changes were always coming - Sky just took their time implementing it.  https://www.gov.uk/gambling-tax-reform-new-rules-from-1-december-2014 I should note that Sky isn't the only poker site that has had to make some negative changes. PokerStars had to reduce the VPP (player point) rate. Mansion Poker and many other sites had to leave the UK market because they didn't want to pay the extra tax. Obviously Sky need a way to make up for the added tax they are now paying as it's already eating into their profits. They could either increase the rake or punish player rewards, which is exactly what they have done. These changes were to be expected but I didn't think they would be this drastic, they are significantly worse and it is an insult that they are labeling it as new and improved when other poker sites have come clean and been honest about the changes.
    Posted by noobtrino
    I understand that but SKY have said that the new system will not generate more cash for them and may even cost them more. Therfore if a lot of players will be earning less rakeback that money must be going to others . I am trying to find out who is better off under this system?
  • edited May 2015
    Very dissapointed with the new system. This is going to affect a lot of players in a bad way. In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : It'll go towards covering the new 15% Tax rate that UK Poker site operators now need to pay. These (negative) changes were always coming - Sky just took their time implementing it.  https://www.gov.uk/gambling-tax-reform-new-rules-from-1-december-2014 I should note that Sky isn't the only poker site that has had to make some negative changes. PokerStars had to reduce the VPP (player point) rate. Mansion Poker and many other sites had to leave the UK market because they didn't want to pay the extra tax. Obviously Sky need a way to make up for the added tax they are now paying as it's already eating into their profits. They could either increase the rake or punish player rewards, which is exactly what they have done. These changes were to be expected but I didn't think they would be this drastic, they are significantly worse and it is an insult that they are labeling it as new and improved when other poker sites have come clean and been honest about the changes.
    Posted by noobtrino

Sorry, this is categorically not the case. We genuinely dont mind feedback but speculation like that is not helpful thank you.

These changes have absolutely nothing to do with taxes or cost saving. As has been said, this is not a cost saving activity. We will see how it goes, but alongside other promos etc, it will likely cost us more.

One of the reasons that we are growing as a site is because we are investing in poker from a product, marketing and overall business perspective.

Sky Poker

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry, this is categorically not the case. We genuinely dont mind feedback but speculation like that is not helpful thank you. These changes have absolutely nothing to do with taxes or cost saving. As has been said, this is not a cost saving activity. We will see how it goes, but alongside other promos etc, it will likely cost us more. One of the reasons that we are growing as a site is because we are investing in poker from a product, marketing and overall business perspective. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    BULLSHITT
  • edited May 2015

First and foremost, SKY POKER is no longer a social site.
    It is a business, and is now a purely GAMBLING SITE.
    iTS  pretence at encouraging players with NEW and improved rewards are really a way of encouraging people to GAMBLE MORE.
    The more you play ( gamble ) the more you will be rewarded.
    They firstly need to establish who they wish to reward, NEW or OLD players
  • edited May 2015
    First and foremost, SKY POKER is no longer a social site. It is a business, and is now a purely GAMBLING SITE. iTS  pretence at encouraging players with NEW and improved rewards are really a way of encouraging people to GAMBLE MORE. The more you play ( gamble ) the more you will be rewarded. They firstly need to establish who they wish to reward, NEW or OLD players
    Posted by bludreid11
    As it has been from day one.

The social side is a bonus.

• edited May 2015
    Anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2015
    Personally, I think Sky will be very short of social players soon. Based on me, when the reward scheme was 500 points minimum per month, I played very little. Watched SkyPoker Channel 861, saw reward scheme changed, so I started playing more. Used poker points to enter 4pm and 6pm and other freerolls - lost so played more cash then lost more money but at least I had some reward points to repeat the cycle again the next day....now I will not so I am unlikely to play very often, if at all.

80/20 customer business theory implies a business can do without 80% of its customers to be profitable but can the 20% of non-social players (i.e. "the sharks") do without the 80% of social players (mainly the "fishes") in the long-run?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : Sorry, this is categorically not the case. We genuinely dont mind feedback but speculation like that is not helpful thank you. These changes have absolutely nothing to do with taxes or cost saving. As has been said, this is not a cost saving activity. We will see how it goes, but alongside other promos etc, it will likely cost us more. One of the reasons that we are growing as a site is because we are investing in poker from a product, marketing and overall business perspective. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Sounds like you are saying these cuts are too help pay for future promotions!

Would these promotions not be run anyway too keep traffic up on site!

• edited May 2015
    I haven't commented on this yet but will throw in my tuppence...

I'll just start by saying that I'm not too bothered either way from a personal POV because I play MTTs now so my RB is minimal anyway. Fwiw, I play all the £11+ comps from 7pm onwards which is about 250 points per night, so I make about 1250 per week and 5000 per month. Under the old system 5000 points was £100, now it'll be ~£60 so almost a 50% reduction for someone who puts pretty solid volume in (almost the max volume you can reasonably do in terms of MTTs on the site), so from a % point of view that's pretty huge but it's only £40 per month so not a big deal really.

Who is the new system targetted at? The change a while ago (going from C4P to Rewards) was designed to be inclusive I thought, to give lower stakes/volume players a chance to at least get something back. From what I can see, the new system for the most part is a lot better for high stakes/volume regs and much of a muchness for everyone else, a lot are the same or lose out, a few gain.

People might find this useful, I'm sure Sky won't mind me sharing it, it's nothing dodgy, just a mate (Pingu) went to the effort of making a spreadsheet to show the difference in payouts between the new and old systems for various different levels of points (and different ways they were earned throughout the month)

This just seems backwards to me, rewards should always be targetted at the low end recs and not the top end regs imo and that's what the old system was put in place to change (at that time low stakes recs got an increase and the top regs took a small decrease).

It keeps being mentioned about the freerolls, but I reckon it's vastly underestimated how many people are going to struggle to get 50 points in 1 week. Primarily (imo) the type of people that will be interested in a 300 runner freeroll with £50-100 up top are going to be micro stakes recs, these are the guys that are going to WANT to play it, and these are the guys that are gonna struggle to even get entry to it. As Tikay always says, the masses of people on poker sites, the huuuge majority, are the ones playing 1-2 tables at a time, a lot of recs may only play once or twice a week... someone 1or2tabling £1 or £2 MTTs/SnGs once or twice a week has pretty much zero chance of getting 50 points in a week.

A lot of people that smash 50 points per week won't even bother regging.

In summary, most cash/sng regs are getting alot more £££ now, money that could be better spent elsewhere on the site. Again this is all just imo. 

P.S. +1 to to getting rid of affiliate perma 30% RB, or giving existing players something like Ivan suggested for longterm loyalty.
  • edited May 2015
    I haven't commented on this yet but will throw in my tuppence... I'll just start by saying that I'm not too bothered either way from a personal POV because I play MTTs now so my RB is minimal anyway. Fwiw, I play all the £11+ comps from 7pm onwards which is about 250 points per night, so I make about 1250 per week and 5000 per month. Under the old system 5000 points was £100, now it'll be ~£60 so almost a 50% reduction for someone who puts pretty solid volume in (almost the max volume you can reasonably do in terms of MTTs on the site), so from a % point of view that's pretty huge but it's only £40 per month so not a big deal really. Who is the new system targetted at? The change a while ago (going from C4P to Rewards) was designed to be inclusive I thought, to give lower stakes/volume players a chance to at least get something back. From what I can see, the new system for the most part is a lot better for high stakes/volume regs and much of a muchness for everyone else, a lot are the same or lose out, a few gain. People might find this useful, I'm sure Sky won't mind me sharing it, it's nothing dodgy, just a mate (Pingu) went to the effort of making a spreadsheet to show the difference in payouts between the new and old systems for various different levels of points (and different ways they were earned throughout the month) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2re2pe1&s=8#.VWC1q_lViko This just seems backwards to me, rewards should always be targetted at the low end recs and not the top end regs imo and that's what the old system was put in place to change (at that time low stakes recs got an increase and the top regs took a small decrease). It keeps being mentioned about the freerolls, but I reckon it's vastly underestimated how many people are going to struggle to get 50 points in 1 week. Primarily (imo) the type of people that will be interested in a 300 runner freeroll with £50-100 up top are going to be micro stakes recs, these are the guys that are going to WANT to play it, and these are the guys that are gonna struggle to even get entry to it. As Tikay always says, the masses of people on poker sites, the huuuge majority, are the ones playing 1-2 tables at a time, a lot of recs may only play once or twice a week... someone 1or2tabling £1 or £2 MTTs/SnGs once or twice a week has pretty much zero chance of getting 50 points in a week. A lot of people that smash 50 points per week won't even bother regging. In summary, most cash/sng regs are getting alot more £££ now, money that could be better spent elsewhere on the site. Again this is all just imo.  P.S. +1 to to getting rid of affiliate perma 30% RB, or giving existing players something like Ivan suggested for longterm loyalty.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1 to this.

these  C4p promos should be aimed to give the recs more reason to join, i'm not going to be bothered about playing a freeroll,  most of these will have massive amounts being payed out, it won't be as big a prize as a standard 5K MTT, recs on the other hand will deep this a great MTT the problem is they'll not be able to gain the points, when i first started playing, i found it difficult to gain 10points in just 2 days of play.
  • edited May 2015
    According the the T&C's "Players still earn 6 Poker Points per £1 of rake in Cash Games, and 10 Poker Points per £1 in registration fees in Sit & Go's and Tournaments."

So spend £5 on buy ins in sit and goes and u have 50 pts.

• edited May 2015
    Oh wait by reg fees do they mean the buy in amount or the rake your paying?
  • edited May 2015
    I haven't commented on this yet but will throw in my tuppence... I'll just start by saying that I'm not too bothered either way from a personal POV because I play MTTs now so my RB is minimal anyway. Fwiw, I play all the £11+ comps from 7pm onwards which is about 250 points per night, so I make about 1250 per week and 5000 per month. Under the old system 5000 points was £100, now it'll be ~£60 so almost a 50% reduction for someone who puts pretty solid volume in (almost the max volume you can reasonably do in terms of MTTs on the site), so from a % point of view that's pretty huge but it's only £40 per month so not a big deal really. Who is the new system targetted at? The change a while ago (going from C4P to Rewards) was designed to be inclusive I thought, to give lower stakes/volume players a chance to at least get something back. From what I can see, the new system for the most part is a lot better for high stakes/volume regs and much of a muchness for everyone else, a lot are the same or lose out, a few gain. People might find this useful, I'm sure Sky won't mind me sharing it, it's nothing dodgy, just a mate (Pingu) went to the effort of making a spreadsheet to show the difference in payouts between the new and old systems for various different levels of points (and different ways they were earned throughout the month) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2re2pe1&s=8#.VWC1q_lViko This just seems backwards to me, rewards should always be targetted at the low end recs and not the top end regs imo and that's what the old system was put in place to change (at that time low stakes recs got an increase and the top regs took a small decrease). It keeps being mentioned about the freerolls, but I reckon it's vastly underestimated how many people are going to struggle to get 50 points in 1 week. Primarily (imo) the type of people that will be interested in a 300 runner freeroll with £50-100 up top are going to be micro stakes recs, these are the guys that are going to WANT to play it, and these are the guys that are gonna struggle to even get entry to it. As Tikay always says, the masses of people on poker sites, the huuuge majority, are the ones playing 1-2 tables at a time, a lot of recs may only play once or twice a week... someone 1or2tabling £1 or £2 MTTs/SnGs once or twice a week has pretty much zero chance of getting 50 points in a week. A lot of people that smash 50 points per week won't even bother regging. In summary, most cash/sng regs are getting alot more £££ now, money that could be better spent elsewhere on the site. Again this is all just imo.  P.S. +1 to to getting rid of affiliate perma 30% RB, or giving existing players something like Ivan suggested for longterm loyalty.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't you think most cash regs will fall between 20 - 49k points and be losing money from rb?  I'd suggest less than 3 make over 49k points.
  • edited May 2015
    Oh wait by reg fees do they mean the buy in amount or the rake your paying?
    Posted by gerardirl
    Sit & Go's and Tournaments: You will also earn Poker Points for buying in to any Multi and Single Table Tournament. You will earn 10 Poker Points for every £1 in entrance fees paid. For example, if you enter a £10 + £1 tournament, the £10 is your contribution to the prize fund and the additional £1 is the "fee" that you pay. This means in this example that you will earn 10 Poker Points. All loyalty points earned will be credited to your account at the end of each hand or tournament and can be viewed by going to 'My Account'.
  • edited May 2015
    Yeh gerardirl it's on rake paid so to get 50 points means playing £55 of comps in 1 week, big ask for most micro stakes fun players.

@DTM, I dunno, I aint got the numbers, but I'd imagine most cash regs fall between 10-20k points (we cant all be a machine like you) and that category is better off, even the 20k-29,999 people are barely touched at all. The people that are harmed are people that make 30k points like you. Sucks for you like but I reckon there must be what, 5 people, maybe 10 max  on the whole site who earn 30k every month from cash? Most prio regs will be <30k and better off imo

I aint got the numbers tho and I doubt JP is allowed to share them.
  • edited May 2015
    Yeh gerardirl it's on rake paid so to get 50 points means playing £55 of comps in 1 week, big ask for most micro stakes fun players. @DTM, I dunno, I aint got the numbers, but I'd imagine most cash regs fall between 10-20k points (we cant all be a machine like you) and that category is better off, even the 20k-29,999 people are barely touched at all. The people that are harmed are people that make 30k points like you. Sucks for you like but I reckon there must be what, 5 people, maybe 10 max  on the whole site who earn 30k every month from cash? Most prio regs will be <30k and better off imo I aint got the numbers tho and I doubt JP is allowed to share them.
    Posted by Lambert180

I can't reveal too much, but I can say there's a good couple of people who earn 10k-20k points who make little profit - and its all about rake back. 

Also, certainly not everyone, but quite a few people earning 30k or more points make a bit more profit. 

Obviously, not everyone falls into either category, but make of that what you will. 

First, and only post today!

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : I can't reveal too much, but I can say there's a good couple of people who earn 10k-20k points who make little profit - and its all about rake back.  Also, certainly not everyone, but quite a few people earning 30k or more points make a bit more profit.  Obviously, not everyone falls into either category, but make of that what you will.  First, and only post today!
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Go on holiday ffs! :)
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks JP, wifi on the beach?
  • edited May 2015
    We love you JP!

lol
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Just a quick responce to this everything a company does is to make more profit,to state this will cost us more is treating players like fools when clearly the stats add up in skys favour,if maybe u asked your customers if this was a good idea u would of a got a flat no,another point that erks me greatly is u run a vote and wanted players ideas about how u would liked to be paid ie weekly monthly and so on i do believe it was a vote for the same as before,therefor u have completly ignored your customers and done whats best for sky,very poor to treat your customers in this way,when without them u have no poker site,i think poker rewards needs anew name,any ideas anyone.
  • edited May 2015
    I basically am left with no choice but to leave the site when this is implemented.... new company in charge ringing out every bit of profit they can at the expense of the players.

Lets stick this on 2+2 and see what the general concensus to this would be!!

in no way shape or form is this more profitable for anyone but sky.

Also anyone earning 8000+ points a month is NOT going to give the tiniest bit of interest in the freerolls lol

time to move my my entire volume to the sites where I get 33% as a VALUED customer
  • edited May 2015
    The more i read this the worse it actually looks, its nothing short of horrendous!

I would urge people to boycott the site copletley for the month of June and if returned to as previous continue as normal.

Im sorry but it really is appaling.... shame on you!!
  • edited May 2015
    I basically am left with no choice but to leave the site when this is implemented.... new company in charge ringing out every bit of profit they can at the expense of the players. Lets stick this on 2+2 and see what the general concensus to this would be!! in no way shape or form is this more profitable for anyone but sky. Also anyone earning 8000+ points a month is NOT going to give the tiniest bit of interest in the freerolls lol time to move my my entire volume to the sites where I get 33% as a VALUED customer
    Posted by Itsover4u
    No offence but......... Who cares what 2+2 trolls think

It is THIS community that matters! Look at the spread sheet, we ain't talking big numbers here. Sure a lot of people were leaving after 861....... But....... Site doing better than ever. Assume this will be the same, is an adjustment. 
    Fair play to sky for opening this up early and having amazing people like TK, Jp etc taking the time to respond to all questions, no matter how daft.  When I put prices up, first thing little tommy knows about it is when he has made choice to stop and has no option other than too buy tea or carry on driving, hoping to find a cheaper one else where. Maybe needs a canine boost there and then, so no choice. Hey, plus side is though he gets more reward points as has spent more...... Oh sounds similar?? Well it should. Rewards are there to drive spend and loyalty. To suggest a mass boycott is funny, did lol at that one. See you at tables next month :)
  • edited May 2015
    I was under the impression that you get entered into a different freeroll based on how many points you earned and couldn't see why everyone was complaining so much, guess I'm completely wrong with that then and there's just 5 £1k freerolls 5 days a week that anyone can enter?

If the free-rolls depended on the points you earned then that would make some sense.
  • edited May 2015
    I was under the impression that you get entered into a different freeroll based on how many points you earned and couldn't see why everyone was complaining so much, guess I'm completely wrong with that then and there's just 5 £1k freerolls 5 days a week that anyone can enter? If the free-rolls depended on the points you earned then that would make some sense.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    +1
  • edited May 2015
    Yeh gerardirl it's on rake paid so to get 50 points means playing £55 of comps in 1 week, big ask for most micro stakes fun players. @DTM, I dunno, I aint got the numbers, but I'd imagine most cash regs fall between 10-20k points (we cant all be a machine like you) and that category is better off, even the 20k-29,999 people are barely touched at all. The people that are harmed are people that make 30k points like you. Sucks for you like but I reckon there must be what, 5 people, maybe 10 max  on the whole site who earn 30k every month from cash? Most prio regs will be <30k and better off imo I aint got the numbers tho and I doubt JP is allowed to share them.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Can get exact numbers after next months Apple bundle freerolls
  • edited May 2015
    If I understand this correctly, then to earn any kind of cash reward, a player has to gamble more than the average UK gross weekly wage.

£550*

Not much of an incentive for the recs.

I assume the vast majority of people on the site will now earn nothing or a 2.20 token.
    And sky instantly claim 9% of that back as the 20p is reg fees.

Still new and improved?

*based on MTT & STT with rake at 10%

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : No offence but......... Who cares what 2+2 trolls think It is THIS community that matters! Look at the spread sheet, we ain't talking big numbers here. Sure a lot of people were leaving after 861....... But....... Site doing better than ever. Assume this will be the same, is an adjustment.  Fair play to sky for opening this up early and having amazing people like TK, Jp etc taking the time to respond to all questions, no matter how daft.  When I put prices up, first thing little tommy knows about it is when he has made choice to stop and has no option other than too buy tea or carry on driving, hoping to find a cheaper one else where. Maybe needs a canine boost there and then, so no choice. Hey, plus side is though he gets more reward points as has spent more...... Oh sounds similar?? Well it should. Rewards are there to drive spend and loyalty. To suggest a mass boycott is funny, did lol at that one. See you at tables next month :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Probably dog tired or just feeling wuff.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Rewards : No offence but......... Who cares what 2+2 trolls think It is THIS community that matters! Look at the spread sheet, we ain't talking big numbers here. Sure a lot of people were leaving after 861....... But....... Site doing better than ever. Assume this will be the same, is an adjustment.  Fair play to sky for opening this up early and having amazing people like TK, Jp etc taking the time to respond to all questions, no matter how daft.  When I put prices up, first thing little tommy knows about it is when he has made choice to stop and has no option other than too buy tea or carry on driving, hoping to find a cheaper one else where. Maybe needs a canine boost there and then, so no choice. Hey, plus side is though he gets more reward points as has spent more...... Oh sounds similar?? Well it should. Rewards are there to drive spend and loyalty. To suggest a mass boycott is funny, did lol at that one. See you at tables next month :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    If u read the comments you will find there not happy,and thats the cummunity speaking not 2+2.
  • edited May 2015
    no seriously 1st of June im done & I 100% will guarentee I will be one of many. This makes AMAYA seem like the saints of poker.

Imagine if your boss decided to take 60% - 100% of your comission away lol.

the freerolls are laughable and they must not think very much of us advertising it as "new and improved"

never mind your bottom line you want to make sure the bottom does not fall off all together!!

every break even grinder has zero reason to stay on the site which in turn makes less money for the reg .... and leaves the recs to get obliterated

CONGRATS