You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread

Comments

• edited July 2015
    WSOP have announced Day 1C is not at almost 3800 players. Looks like I underestimated a little.
  • edited July 2015
  • edited July 2015
    I see 55 was already nominated and ruled out so I'll stick with Dayglo AQ and try hero AQ too
  • edited July 2015

30 minutes left to win that Turbo Tuesday Main Event seat.

I'll give you Brett's hand - Ah-Qh ("AQ" is not good enough, we need suits).

Now you just have to guess Day-Glo's hand.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread:
    30 minutes left to win that Turbo Tuesday Main Event seat. I'll give you Brett's hand - Ah-Qh ("AQ" is not good enough, we need suits).   Now you just have to guess Day-Glo's hand.    
    Posted by Tikay10

I'm all out of guesses now but I'm no longer as hopeful that Brett scooped the pot ... 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : I'm all out of guesses now but I'm no longer as hopeful that Brett scooped the pot ... 
    Posted by TwoAnchors
    Scary board for A-Q, once the K rivered, yes.
  • edited July 2015
    30 minutes left to win that Turbo Tuesday Main Event seat. I'll give you Brett's hand - Ah-Qh ("AQ" is not good enough, we need suits).   Now you just have to guess Day-Glo's hand.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    #hesmakingitupashegoesalong

sigh - all out of guesses before the rule change
  • edited July 2015
    Matt Bates has managed to recoup a couple of thousand on what looks to be a very tough table.

Nico and Martin have roughly 22 and 33 respectively and I won't give away Brett's stack for the sake of Tikay's marketing budget blowing competition.
  • edited July 2015
    Ace and queen of spades
  • edited July 2015

Ryan is having a tough time, 22,000 now. Will get all the other chip counts during or after the imminent break.

For now, I gotta go interview Little Danny, then get those Videos up.

Will do the Day-Glo reveal when I get back. 

We'll try & do another "guess the hands" later, too.  
  • edited July 2015

OK, time is up.

Brett had Ah-Qh

Day-Glo had As-8s

Seems to me Day-Glo was getting a bit miffed that Brett had been pounding him, & chose to play a marginal oop.

Anyway, after the hand, Brett had 52,000, & Day-Glo had dust.
  • edited July 2015
    An update on our 4 heroes,

Matt Bates 6k - Still cool as a cucumber
    Brett Gritton 50k+ - As chilled out as he would be if he were playing the £2.20 at 2.20
    Nico 20k - Played with a smile on his face all day and looks to be really enjoying his table
    Martin 40k - Stack is up and down an awful lot and it appears he is very active.
  • edited July 2015
    Matt has just got his last 6k in with AQ from the small blind. The BB cold calls and shows............................

AQ 

chop it up dealer
  • edited July 2015

Breaking News

Matt Bates is no longer short.
  • edited July 2015

In fact, sad to say, he has disappeared completely.

Just one of those days, one of those tables.

Really feel for him, he's stood in the Corridor, a consolation beer in his hand, all dressed up with nowhere to go.

There is no place in poker for sympathy, but empathy, well yes, you have to feel for him, his shoes won't be too comfy right now.

Been there, done that, & it's horrible, but he'll wake up tomorrow morning as right as rein, & life will go on, because he's a proper bloke.

• edited July 2015

Meanwhile, Brett is giving his table some gip, he has north of 60,000 now. No sign of Day-Glo man though, he got tango'd.

• edited July 2015
    In fact, sad to say, he has disappeared completely. Just one of those days, one of those tables. Really feel for him, he's stood in the Corridor, a consolation beer in his hand, all dressed up with nowhere to go. There is no place in poker for sympathy, but empathy, well yes, you have to feel for him, his shoes won't be too comfy right now. Been there, done that, & it's horrible, but he'll wake up tomorrow morning as right as rein, & life will go on, because he's a proper bloke.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh

Go tell out have a few beers mate and crush the tournies tomorrow
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Sigh Go tell out have a few beers mate and crush the tournies tomorrow
    Posted by TommyD

I will take him for a beer and even treat him to dinner tomorrow.
  • edited July 2015

Sorry guys, we were interrupted by scheduled maintenance.

Now then, let us try & get up to date.

We've interviewed Danny Negreanu & Sam Trickett, & those Videos will appear in the next 24 hours. 

Of our 4 players, Matt Bates has sadly departed, but the last time I looked, just before the break, we still had three of them trundling along happily.

I'll go get some chip counts now, assuming I can find them, the place is rammed today, it is the biggest Main Event flight ever.    

• edited July 2015

Ooh, nearly forgot.

How many Main Event entries?

Well today had a remarkable 3,963.

That means the total field size of this year's Main Event is.......

• edited July 2015

Let's do some maths on those numbers.

The winner of the event will need to amass just shy of 193,000,000 chips.

And to make the November Nine with an average stack? You'd need 21 million chips.

To amass 21,000,000 from a 30,000 starting stack means increasing your starting stack by some 713 times.

And with those scary thoughts, I'm off to see if I can find our 3 survivors amongst the remains of today's near 4,000 entrants.  

• edited July 2015

Sorry for the delay.

2 of our players are (or were.....) seated as far away as it is possible to be from the Media Centre, so it takes a bit of walking & finding.

Anyway, here's the latest news, with 90 minutes of play remaining on Day 1c.

Nico 11,000

Martin, 40,000

Brett, 60,000

That's pretty good, huh?

Ryan Spittles has had a testing day, he currently nurses a 10,000 stack.
  • edited July 2015

The payouts have been announced, & this year, they (sort of) guaranteed that 1,000 players would cash.

649th to 1,000th will all receive $15,000.

The first player to bust on the November Nine will get $1,001,020, a pleasing number which will look good in the corporate PR.

And the winner?

$7,680,021

For perspective, that's more than the winner of the Sky Poker Sunday Roller gets most weeks.

In fact, you'd need to win the Sunday Roller 1,000 times to earn that much. Or, put another way, every Sunday for 20 years.

Still, it costs 65 times more to enter the WSOP Main Event. 

It's all relative, right? 
  • edited July 2015

45 minutes play remain, so I'll go have a last walk round now, to see how our boys are doing.

BRB

• edited July 2015

Ok here's the situation, with just 30 minutes play remaining today.

Nico - 18,000

Martin - 50,000

Brett - 55,000

That looks pretty good to me. Pure guesswork at this stage, but I would expect the average at close of play to be in the region of 45,000.
  • edited July 2015

So with that rather pleasing news, it's nearly time for me to sign off from here for today.

Today's survivors - looks like 3 of them - will return on THURSDAY.

Tomorrow - WEDNESDAY - the Day 1A & 1B survivors will be playing, so for us, that means Daren Moreton.

Then, on Friday, all the players blend together for Day 3.

And that, for now, is a wrap.

Night all.  
  • edited July 2015

Ooh, one last piece of news - Ryan Spittles, who has run awfully all Series, has just bust, running 7-7 into J-J.
  • edited July 2015
    Well done to those who have made it through from Day 1C.

As soon as the Day 2C tables are put out there, I'll try and post them on here. (Daren's Day 2AB table is featured on the other WSOP thread)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : I will take him for a beer and even treat him to dinner tomorrow.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Bloodyhell Sam!
    Don't take him to Gilleys and finish him off.

Ul Matt