You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Day 2c Tables
    2515Cyndy VioletteLAS VEGAS, NV, US52,400Amazon / 411 / 1
    2516Leo WhittLOUISVILLE, KY, US15,550Amazon / 411 / 2
    2517Nicola LateganoLondon, , EE19,850Amazon / 411 / 3
    2518Michael CordiLAS VEGAS, NV, US15,625Amazon / 411 / 4
    2519Peter PlaceySAN CLEMENTE, CA, US139,325Amazon / 411 / 5
    2520Paul FriedrichAnaheim, CA, US62,225Amazon / 411 / 6
    2521Shane SmithHIRAM, GA, US20,650Amazon / 411 / 7
    2522Nelson ZhuChicago, IL, US15,875Amazon / 411 / 8
    2523Jonathan MoonvesLOS ANGELES, CA, US47,075Amazon / 411 / 9
    1489Karl TretterBELLEROSE, NY, US23,525Pavilion / 169 / 1
    1490Owen BradleyNEW ORLEANS, LA, US19,825Pavilion / 169 / 2
    1491Jeremy JosephBUFFALO, NY, US135,575Pavilion / 169 / 3
    1492David Ruiz Del PortalGeneva, , CN89,350Pavilion / 169 / 4
    1493Adam KrosserMANHASSET, NY, US46,125Pavilion / 169 / 6
    1494Brett GrittonLondon, , GA51,575Pavilion / 169 / 7
    1495Milfred SageerMarietta, NY, US78,175Pavilion / 169 / 8
    1496DID NOT REPORT 18US31,000Pavilion / 169 / 9
    The only Martin Brinkman I can find is from a town in Germany?
    2488Martin BrinkmannINGELFINGEN, , DE56,800Amazon / 402 / 1
    2489Tim HicklingManchester, GB11,625Amazon / 402 / 2
    2490Jared KwongAmerican Cyn, CA, US61,175Amazon / 402 / 3
    2491Maciej NosekMissoula, MT, US13,150Amazon / 402 / 4
    2492Timur MargolinRamla, IL61,175Amazon / 402 / 5
    2493Genefredo LegaspiLOS ANGELES, CA, US58,825Amazon / 402 / 6
    2494Daniel JonesCOLUMBUS, OH, US20,175Amazon / 402 / 7
    2495Manami HayamizuJP12,225Amazon / 402 / 8
    2496Joel KopSAN JOSE, CA, US30,975Amazon / 402 / 9
    Fuller detaila to follow later

• edited July 2015

Good job Barny, thank you.

That may well be the correct "Martin", our man is German by birth, though he lives in the UK.
  • edited July 2015
    So the 3 sky qualifiers that got through Day 1C, 1 is listed as from Estonia, another from Gabon and a third from Germany. As the Ambassador might say, marvellous.
  • edited July 2015
    Amazon Table 411
    1 Cyndy Violette (USA) 52400
    2 Leo Whitt (USA) 15550
    3 NICOLA LATEGANO (GBR) 19850
    4 Michael Cordi (USA) 15625
    5 Peter Placey (USA) 139325
    6 Paul Friedrich (USA) 62225
    7 Shane Smith (USA) 20650
    8 Nelson Zhu (USA) 15875
    9 Jonathan Moonves (USA) 47075

Violette has been a WSOP regular for two decades, winning her only bracelet in a $2K Stud Hi/Lo event in 2004. She was 2nd in an event the next year and 3rd in one the year after that. Not much in recent years until a run in Event 9 saw her finish in 9th place in a Razz tournament for $10K.

Whitt has over $300K in live earnings, with a best of $44K when he FT'd the Seniors Event back in 2011. He's cashed the ME once (also 2011) and was 285th in the Colossus for $7170.

Michael Cordi - there are 3 of them so the split on Hendon Mob between their results may be way off, but the one from Vegas is listed with very modest cashes indeed, his only WSOP cash being in the 2011 series when he came 65th in a $1K event.

Placey has the big stack and a deep ME run to his credit, last year he ended up in 35th place for over $230K. Not much else on his resume, his previous recorded cash anywhere dates back to Feb 2008.

This will be Friedrich's first recorded cash outside of California, he has a biggest win of $11K from an event in LA back in 2012.

Shane Smith has popped up with very infrequent cashes over the years, 6 in total since September 2006. Three of those 6 are for over $20K (best of $33K) and he cashed in last year's Monster Stack for his only WSOP cash.

Zhu is even less renowned, 5th in an event in Indiana for $738 in March 2013, $2678 for taking down a $200 turbo at the same venue 3 days later and that's it.

Finally Moonves is another who hasn't figured in the limelight very often. Other than a nice run in the 2007 ME (119th for $57K) he has nothing over $4K on his Poker CV.

• edited July 2015
    Pavilion Table 169
    1 Karl Tretter (USA) 23525
    2 Owen Bradley (USA) 19825
    3 Jeremy Joseph (USA) 135575
    4 David Ruiz Del Portal (SUI) 89350
    5 vacant
    6 Adam Krosser (USA) 46125
    7 BRETT GRITTON (USA) 51575
    8 Milfred Sageer (USA) 78175
    9 Did not report (?) 31000

Tretter has won some small tournaments up and down the US, and has total earnings of nearly $280K. Not much of that is at the WSOP though, 3 cashes from 2006/13/14, the latest one being the biggest for $22378 in a 10K Stud Championship. He once won the same sum ($25700) twice on the same day at the Bellagio if Hendon Mob is to be believed.

Bradley hasn't cashed at the WSOP since 1992, and he also min-cashed the 1987 ME (one of Johnny Chan's titles) in 31st for $7500. Looks like has been more active in 2015 than he has for some time, cashing twice at the WSOP Circuit stop in New Orleans and once at a Rio Deepstack just a couple of days ago.

Joseph is a more well known character, and has travelled to play the PCA, WSOP-E and the Aussie Millions. Cashed well in the 2008 ME (57th for $115K) and also picked up a small cash in Event 49 a couple of weeks ago.

A Swiss player with a Spanish name, Ruiz has never made the cash at a WSOP event before, almost half of his lifetime $112K earnings came from a WPT side-event in Paris 15 months ago. Also has modest cashes in Denmark, Italy, Switzerland and the US.

I can't find anything about Adam Krosser at all

Milfred Sageer has just one recorded cash, but it was worth recording as it was for finishing 156th in last years ME, for which the prize was over $52K

• edited July 2015
    IN BARNY WE TRUST

That's some mighty fine work my fellow Cornishman,  well done.

Crush it Daren! GLGL
  • edited July 2015

So, today (Wednesday) is day 2A.

2A is the merging of Days 1A & 1B, EXCEPT that they will NOT merge as such, they will play as separate flights then merge with the 2B survivors on Day 3.  

So, the 470 survivors of Day 1A will play in Amazon, & the 1,154 survivors of 1B will be split between Brasilia & Pavilion.

The Day 1C survivors all play Day 2B tomorrow (Thursday).  

That all clear? Thought not.

• edited July 2015

Pavilion Table 169
    1 Karl Tretter (USA) 23525
    2 Owen Bradley (USA) 19825
    3 Jeremy Joseph (USA) 135575
    4 David Ruiz Del Portal (SUI) 89350
    5 vacant
    6 Adam Krosser (USA) 46125
    7 BRETT GRITTON (USA) 51575
    8 Milfred Sageer (USA) 78175
    9 Did not report (?) 31000

Tretter has won some small tournaments up and down the US, and has total earnings of nearly $280K. Not much of that is at the WSOP though, 3 cashes from 2006/13/14, the latest one being the biggest for $22378 in a 10K Stud Championship. He once won the same sum ($25700) twice on the same day at the Bellagio if Hendon Mob is to be believed.

Bradley hasn't cashed at the WSOP since 1992, and he also min-cashed the 1987 ME (one of Johnny Chan's titles) in 31st for $7500. Looks like has been more active in 2015 than he has for some time, cashing twice at the WSOP Circuit stop in New Orleans and once at a Rio Deepstack just a couple of days ago.

Joseph is a more well known character, and has travelled to play the PCA, WSOP-E and the Aussie Millions. Cashed well in the 2008 ME (57th for $115K) and also picked up a small cash in Event 49 a couple of weeks ago.

A Swiss player with a Spanish name, Ruiz has never made the cash at a WSOP event before, almost half of his lifetime $112K earnings came from a WPT side-event in Paris 15 months ago. Also has modest cashes in Denmark, Italy, Switzerland and the US.

I Can't find anything about Adam Krosser at all

Milfred Sageer has just one recorded cash, but it was worth recording as it was for finishing 156th in last years ME, for which the prize was over $52K

Finally "Did not report" could be absolutely anybody.

Amazon Table 402
    1 MARTIN BRINKMANN (GER) 56800
    2 Tim Hickling (GBR) 11625
    3 Jared Kwong (USA)
    4 Maciej Nosek (USA) 13150
    5 Timur Margolin (ISR) 61175
    6 Genefredo Legaspi (USA) 58825
    7 Daniel Jones (USA) 20175
    8 Manami Hayamizu (JPN) 12225
    9 Joel Kop (USA) 30975

Tim Hicking is a Manchester player and has several decent results in the NW of England, mainly in GPS & GUKPT events. 3 five-figure cashes (in dollar terms at least) in the last 2 years, with a best of $25K for 4th in a GUKPT in March 2015. He has warmed up in Vegas with a couple of cashes ($7K, $2K) around town in the last fortnight.

Kwong had no cashes anywhere before this WSOP (so maybe just turned 21?) but he has 4 now, 2 at the WSOP (both in huge field events, the Colossus and the Lucky 7s)

Just two recorded cashes for Nosek, again both this year. Nearly $4K at a WSOP Circuit event in Choctaw in January, and $2125 from the Colossus.

The eagle-eyed among you might remember I mentioned Timur Margolin earlier in the other WSOP thread, he finished 2nd in Event 47 for a total cash of over $341K. This accounts for about half of his lifetime earnings, another chunk came from finishing 120th in the 2014 ME and another from winning a WPT National event in Cyprus earlier in 2014 for $130K.

"Freddie" Legaspi has over $400K in recorded winnings, most a couple of grand here and a couple of grand there, but he did pick up nearly $40K for a deep run at the 10K 2006 LA Poker Classic. 1 cash in 2011 and another in this year's Lucky 7s is the sum total of his WSOP achievements.

Daniel Jones has cashed twice this year, 136th in Event 12 and 42nd in Event 65. Has one $10K score, from a deep stack PLO at the Venetian at the end of May.

Most of Hayamizu's cashes were in Macau, a best of $24K at a AAPT event there about 9 months ago. Cashed the 2013 ME and also Event 59 of this series.

Finally, Kop has been around since 2003 with one huge score ($125K for 3rd in a $130 buyin in LA in 2014) and one decent one (again in LA, $27K for $235 finshing 2nd at the Bike in January 15)

• edited July 2015

Of the Sky Poker Fab Five, (now a Fab Four of course) one plays today, & three play tomorrow. All have very playable stacks.

Today, then, it's all aboard Daren Moreton from Manchester, woo woo. 

Good luck Daren, & we'll ensure we follow him all day.

We'll try & throw in some other names, faces & Brits to try & keep some interest going.

These Time Zones make it a bit awkward, as you'll mostly be in bed whilst we are updating, so there's not much bounce on the thread, which makes it a bit uphill. Think we should do away with these Time Zones, it's all jolly inconvenient.

If I can find an interesting topic, I'll run a little "free to enter" fun competition, with a Free Entry to something, similar to yesterday's one involving Brett & Day-Glo Man.

Play starts in 20 minutes, so the corridor is filling with hopefuls. Good luck to every one of them.     

• edited July 2015

good luck darren
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Bloodyhell Sam! Don't take him to Gilleys and finish him off. Ul Matt
    Posted by Jac35
    Sorry Paul we are heading to Binion's steakhouse tonight.

Gilley's was fully booked up
  • edited July 2015
    Daren is sat at table 64 in the Brasilia room today.

A steady start it seems with the stack largely preserved.
  • edited July 2015

40 minutes remain in Level 1 (well, Level 6 really), & as I approached Daren's Table, he was in a pot & there was around 15,000 chips in the middle. 

The board read......

Qh 8h 2c 10c 5d

It went check check on the river.

Mr Villain tabled K-Q. 

Oops.

• edited July 2015

....but Daren tabled A-Q.

oioi.
  • edited July 2015

Daren did a Paul Jackson this morning, & forgot to bring his passport, so he had to dash back to Palazzo to collect it.

All a bit unsettling, but he's nicely in the zone now.
  • edited July 2015
    Daren did a Paul Jackson this morning, & forgot to bring his passport, so he had to dash back to Palazzo to collect it. All a bit unsettling, but he's nicely in the zone now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol

Funny that I remembered it on the second day (wp me) but they didn't ask for it.

Good luck Daren
  • edited July 2015
    Best of luck Daren!!

For the updaters, any stormfronts moving in?  Also what fine freebies are on offer in the halls this year?  I make odds 10/11 for beef jerky.  I tried one once.  I will not try it again.
  • edited July 2015
    Not sure about the storms I will leave the meterogical stuff to Tikay. I do know however that it is very warm today. We have had a couple of cooler days (35 degrees) but today it is beating down.

The halls of the Rio are lined with poker merchandise, massage chairs (where we often find Dan the cameraman) and a stall that claims to make us better no limit holdem players. I saw Liamboi sat there on several occassions last week.
  • edited July 2015
    Not sure about the storms I will leave the meterogical stuff to Tikay. I do know however that it is very warm today. We have had a couple of cooler days (35 degrees) but today it is beating down. The halls of the Rio are lined with poker merchandise, massage chairs (where we often find Dan the cameraman) and a stall that claims to make us better no limit holdem players. I saw Liamboi sat there on several occassions last week.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    But to be fair it does take several hours to work out the accent.  He was probably just asking for the time.
  • edited July 2015

1st break of the day, & Daren seems to be plodding along quite nicely, no fuss, no drama.

He reminds me a bit of FCHD, aka Barny the Barnacle, hard to get rid of these guys.

We are just about to interview Jason Mercier, complete with white silk shorts. What do these boys look like, eh?

• edited July 2015
    Best of luck Daren!! For the updaters, any stormfronts moving in?  Also what fine freebies are on offer in the halls this year?  I make odds 10/11 for beef jerky.  I tried one once.  I will not try it again.
    Posted by TommyD
    Have to say, Tommy, that storm the other day was epic, very memorable indeed, not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

If you go to Jennifer Tilly's Twitter page, there is a time-lapse video of it, it's quite extraordinary.

Her Twitter handle is

@Jtillathekilla2

Go take a look. Now THAT is a storm.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Have to say, Tommy, that storm the other day was epic, very memorable indeed, not sure I've ever seen anything like it. If you go to Jennifer Tilly's Twitter page, there is a time-lapse video of it, it's quite extraordinary. Her Twitter handle is @Jtillathekilla2 Go take a look. Now THAT is a storm.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the heads up on the vid Tikay, just checked it out.  It looks incredible, not exactly what you would expect in the desert.

Did any wags turn up for the next day decked out in kagools and waders?
  • edited July 2015
    Not sure about the storms I will leave the meterogical stuff to Tikay. I do know however that it is very warm today. We have had a couple of cooler days (35 degrees) but today it is beating down. The halls of the Rio are lined with poker merchandise, massage chairs (where we often find Dan the cameraman) and a stall that claims to make us better no limit holdem players. I saw Liamboi sat there on several occassions last week.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    wasn`t time I was asking for, I was asking where I can get alcholol ;)
  • edited July 2015

This photo of the storm, (from another poker forum, but with permission) was taken from a Southwest Airlines 737-700 over McCarron Airport.

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

At the moment the photo was taken, the storm was right over The Rio. It included substantial sized hail, too.

Shortly after, the poker had to be halted as water was flooding through the roof into Brasilia & Pavilion.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : wasn`t time I was asking for, I was asking where I can get alcholol ;)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yes in many ways it's really hard to find a drink in Vegas.......
  • edited July 2015
    Daren continus to plod along nicely and is hovering around the 45k mark. The Brasilia room is very quiet today apart from the obligatory shuffling of chips. Players 100% focused on jostling for position as they head for day 3.
  • edited July 2015
    Daren continus to plod along nicely and is hovering around the 45k mark. The Brasilia room is very quiet today apart from the obligatory shuffling of chips. Players 100% focused on jostling for position as they head for day 3.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Sigh @ Sam.

We shuffle cards, we riffle chips.

Can't get the staff.
  • edited July 2015
    Interesting hand that Daren has just been involved in.

Blinds are 300/600 with a running 75 ante. Daren is in the BB facing a min raise to 1200.

He makes the call and we see a flop of A J 4. Daren checks and our villian fires 2000. Daren is a none believer and makes it 5,175 to go.

Our villian tanks for a while and calls.

The turn is a 3 and Daren wastes no time in firing his last 18k into the pot.

Our villian agonises.....................

After about a minute he lets go and Daren scoops a nice pot. He now has around 35k.
  • edited July 2015
    Interesting hand that Daren has just been involved in. Blinds are 300/600 with a running 75 ante. Daren is in the BB facing a min raise to 1200. He makes the call and we see a flop of A J 4. Daren checks and our villian fires 2000. Daren is a none believer and makes it 5,175 to go. Our villian tanks for a while and calls. The turn is a 3 and Daren wastes no time in firing his last 18k into the pot. Our villian agonises..................... After about a minute he lets go and Daren scoops a nice pot. He now has around 35k.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Glad to hear he's still going strong.  I guess he'd taken a few blows before this hand as he was at 45k at last update.  Was checking the WSOP chip updates but they are miles behind their own reporting updates so I'll keep checking back here. Nice to have someone to rail.  GL Daren!

• edited July 2015
    Posted by Sky_SamT

hahaha