You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Just been out in the corridors during the second break of the day to speak to Daren. I actually never found him due to the number of bad beat stories that I was told by complete random strangers as I walked down the halls of the Rio.

I must say I am making every effort to appear interested after all these people telling them have paid $10,000 for the right to tell them.....
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread:
    Just been out in the corridors during the second break of the day to speak to Daren. I actually never found him due to the number of bad beat stories that I was told by complete random strangers as I walked down the halls of the Rio. I must say I am making every effort to appear interested after all these people telling them have paid $10,000 for the right to tell them.....
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Take a badbeat jar, charge $5 a time, eat for free in Vegas.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Take a badbeat jar, charge $5 a time, eat for free in Vegas.
    Posted by TommyD
    Essexphil could have paid for my trip last week.
  • edited July 2015
    Daren has built his stack up to around 40k.

Just a took a nice 3 way pot down on a board of 6 8 6 4.

He showed 10 10 which was generally accepted around the table to be the best hand.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Essexphil could have paid for my trip last week.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    But now leading with 6 left in the £11 rebuy....
  • edited July 2015
    Competition time
  • edited July 2015
    Action folds to Daren in the cut off who makes it 2000 at 400/800. The Button makes it 5,000 to go and only Daren comes along for the ride.

The flop is A 8 5 rainbow and Daren fires his last 29k into the middle announcing himself all in. The Button who has roughly 100k insta calls.

What hands do both player have?

I won't be as picky as Tikay and ask for suits. The winner wins an £11 Turbo Tuesday seat. You can have an hour....
  • edited July 2015
    Competition time
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    best bad beat story?

Get in there Phil
  • edited July 2015
    Action folds to Daren in the cut off who makes it 2000 at 400/800. The Button makes it 5,000 to go and only Daren comes along for the ride. The flop is A 8 5 rainbow and Daren fires his last 29k into the middle announcing himself all in. The Button who has roughly 100k insta calls. What hands do both player have? I won't be as picky as Tikay and ask for suits. The winner wins an £11 Turbo Tuesday seat. You can have an hour....
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Daren A5, button AK
  • edited July 2015
    Action folds to Daren in the cut off who makes it 2000 at 400/800. The Button makes it 5,000 to go and only Daren comes along for the ride. The flop is A 8 5 rainbow and Daren fires his last 29k into the middle announcing himself all in. The Button who has roughly 100k insta calls. What hands do both player have? I won't be as picky as Tikay and ask for suits. The winner wins an £11 Turbo Tuesday seat. You can have an hour....
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    A8 A5
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : best bad beat story? Get in there Phil
    Posted by TommyD
    55 v AK-I need the £11!
  • edited July 2015
    Posted by Sky_SamT

I'm hoping Daren's holding pocket 8s and has flopped a set after correctly putting the villain on AK.  I certainly hope it wasn't the other way round.  Was about to crash out but gonna have to sweat Daren for another hour now! LOL.  Incidentally I noticed Moorman just won a huge pot to more than double up and Jake Cody seems to be accumulating steadily.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : I'm hoping Daren's holding pocket 8s and has flopped a set after correctly putting the villain on AK.  I certainly hope it wasn't the other way round.  Was about to crash out but gonna have to sweat Daren for another hour now! LOL.  Incidentally I noticed Moorman just won a huge pot to more than double up and Jake Cody seems to be accumulating steadily.
    Posted by TwoAnchors
    TwoAnchors you can got to bed knowing you have won a Turbo Tuesday entry for next week. 

Daren did indeed have 88 and was snap called by AK to take his stack to 80k.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : TwoAnchors you can got to bed knowing you have won a Turbo Tuesday entry for next week.  Daren did indeed have 88 and was snap called by AK to take his stack to 80k.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Cheers Sam. 

I could have done with some reads like that when I was playing MTTs earlier.  I'm more pleased for Daren than me though. 80k is a useful stack at this stage.  I'm predicting the bubble being late on level 3 on day 3, it'd be great to see some Sky qualifiers go deep in this.

Andy

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : TwoAnchors you can got to bed knowing you have won a Turbo Tuesday entry for next week.  Daren did indeed have 88 and was snap called by AK to take his stack to 80k.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Tsk tsk, you make these comps WAY too easy.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Tsk tsk, you make these comps WAY too easy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wouldn't be surprised if your next competition is guess every hand that all 9 players at Daren's table get dealt.
  • edited July 2015

With 5 minutes to go before the 90 minute dinner break, Daren has around 30,000.

He took a lumpy hit when he doubled up a comparative shortie, on this flop.....

J-10-3

Daren had the 8-9 & set Shortie in hoping to win it one of two ways. Neither happened, Shortie called & Daren failed to hit.

The blinds after the dinner break will be 500-1,000/100, so no need to press any panic buttons yet.  

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Wouldn't be surprised if your next competition is guess every hand that all 9 players at Daren's table get dealt.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Now there's an idea.

I shall need the suits, too, obv.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Qualifiers Main Event thread : Tsk tsk, you make these comps WAY too easy.
    Posted by Tikay10

I disagree vehemently! ;-)

Andy

• edited July 2015

Daren's guest, or "+1" as they call it, is "HAVEIGOTIT", who has railed Daren for every single hand of the 2 days. 

That's some feat, I'm not sure I could ever do that. 

WP him.

• edited July 2015
    Great posts and updates.... but about an earlier post with jimmy white in the back ground of filming before the interview later.Did he play the main event or any other events? Having trouble loading up any updated u tube after Sam trickett and all the other daily updates /neil diary/strip part 4. About to start clearing cookies and stuff and reboot my ancient laptop..(fingers crossed!!)Good luck all sky peeps and guests from sky poker channel still in the main event.(in case this ends in tears with laptop and i can't post!)
  • edited July 2015
    Great posts and updates.... but about an earlier post with jimmy white in the back ground of filming before the interview later.Did he play the main event or any other events? Having trouble loading up any updated u tube after Sam trickett and all the other daily updates /neil diary/strip part 4. About to start clearing cookies and stuff and reboot my ancient laptop..(fingers crossed!!)Good luck all sky peeps and guests from sky poker channel still in the main event.(in case this ends in tears with laptop and i can't post!)
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Jimmy did play the main but no idea how he got on.
  • edited July 2015
    Jimmy White played yesterday, and finished with around 35,000 as I recall.

We interviewed him, but whether it survived edit and vetting remains to be seen.

There must be a whole load of snooker/poker puns in prospect, but I will rise above such nonsense and leave that stuff to you boys. Form an orderly cue please.
  • edited July 2015

Play has commenced after the 90 minute din-din break.

Blinds are 500-1,000/100.

Good luck Daren.
  • edited July 2015

30 minutes into the level, and Daren could use a hand - 18,000.

Not shove time yet, but it may be soon.
  • edited July 2015

The tide has turned, we are back on the way up.

50 minutes of the level remain, and Day Three is looming into sight.
  • edited July 2015

The tide turned again, with 5 minutes left of Level 9, Daren has 21,100.

We swing, we swong.

The next level will be the final level of Day 2A.
  • edited July 2015

Final break of the day.

Long days these, takes some concentration, but Daren has been zoned in all day.

The atmo in the room is noticeably more serious and tense now.

Those who played today - and survive - get a day off tomorrow. They'll need it.
  • edited July 2015
    Keep it going man!!
  • edited July 2015

Level 10 has commenced.

Seem to remember that Daren won his package from a £7 satellite. He has had some fun from that £7, come what may.