You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another betting diary

edited March 2016 in Betting Chat
Some of you may remember my "lump on the really short odds acca and see if I can become a millionaire" type diary from before. It lasted about 2 weeks...

Last year I had a really good season with football betting. I scrapped the idea of doing the 1 weekly acca and replaced it with doing 2 or 3 doubles/trebles/4 folds. I was using the cashout feature when I knew a bet was going to lose just so I could claim back a few pence. They all build up!

I'm going to try and post all my bets and a running win/loss total as best and as honestly as I can, mainly for my benefit so I can judge my season long performance. If it goes well, maybe some people will copy the bets.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Opening week of a season is always very hard to judge, but here goes...

Double - £10

Bristol Rovers v Northampton - 13/10
    Chesterfield v Barnsley - 11/10

Treble - £29.04 (Odd amount in my account)

Hull v Huddersfield - 8/13
    Chelsea v Swansea - 1/3
    Everton v Watford - 8/11

• edited August 2015
    Good luck mate, although sadly bet 1 is a guaranteed loser :)
  • edited August 2015
    Ha! I did think of you as I placed it. That is a bit risky with Rovers coming up from the Conference, you just never know how they'll cope. It's only the Cobblers though, so nice easy start ;)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Another betting diary:
    Some of you may remember my "lump on the really short odds acca and see if I can become a millionaire" type diary from before. It lasted about 2 weeks... Last year I had a really good season with football betting. I scrapped the idea of doing the 1 weekly acca and replaced it with doing 2 or 3 doubles/trebles/4 folds. I was using the cashout feature when I knew a bet was going to lose just so I could claim back a few pence. They all build up! I'm going to try and post all my bets and a running win/loss total as best and as honestly as I can, mainly for my benefit so I can judge my season long performance. If it goes well, maybe some people will copy the bets.
    Posted by FlashFlush

I Tried Doubles on The Horses for 6 Months and Its so Difficult, I know I can Pick them but its tough picking just one Winner never mind two.

Was thinking about Football Draws in a double. Dreaming of getting 10/1 for 2 games to draw and just needing 1 win in ten to break even.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary:
    In Response to Another betting diary : I Tried Doubles on The Horses for 6 Months and Its so Difficult, I know I can Pick them but its tough picking just one Winner never mind two. Was thinking about Football Draws in a double. Dreaming of getting 10/1 for 2 games to draw and just needing 1 win in ten to break even.
    Posted by JackRich
    I like the idea, but I think that would drive me insane. I personally like to keep variance as low as possible, so I'm happy backing shorter odds and just putting a few more pennies on than usual.
  • edited August 2015
    I might post some of my footy bets on this thread too if that's ok mate. See if we can get more posts than the golf thread and we both get rich too :)
  • edited August 2015
    Ha! No worries. You go for it. Just try not to show me up please
  • edited August 2015
    Ok will post my bets here, going to have a £500 roll on betfair. Will bet with level stakes of £30 which is quite aggressive BRM but who cares, most bets will be around evens anyway.

If I back something it will be with a £30 Stake.

If I Lay something it will be with a liability of £30.

As my roll is on betfair my bets will be a mixture of backs and lays. Also not all of my stake will always be matched at the same price it depends on the liquidity of each market.

No real reasons for my picks, just gut feel. gl me!

Cardiff v Fulham  LAY CARDIFF @ 2.30 
    Leeds v Burnley  LAY BURNLEY matched between 2.54 and 2.60 
    Rochdale v Peterborough  BACK ROCHDALE matched between 2.78 and 2.90 
    Walsall v Oldham  LAY WALSALL @ 2.16 
    Cambridge v Newport  BACK CAMBRIDGE matched between 2.00 and 2.10 

Roll: £500
    Profit: -

• edited August 2015
    Ok will post my bets here, going to have a £500 roll on betfair. Will bet with level stakes of £30 which is quite aggressive BRM but who cares, most bets will be around evens anyway. If I back something it will be with a £30 Stake. If I Lay something it will be with a liability of £30. As my roll is on betfair my bets will be a mixture of backs and lays. Also not all of my stake will always be matched at the same price it depends on the liquidity of each market. No real reasons for my picks, just gut feel. gl me! Cardiff v Fulham  LAY CARDIFF @ 2.30  Leeds v Burnley   LAY BURNLEY matched between 2.54 and 2.60  Rochdale v Peterborough  BACK ROCHDALE matched between 2.78 and 2.90  Walsall v Oldam   LAY WALSALL @ 2.16  Cambridge v Newport  BACK CAMBRIDGE matched between 2.00 and 2.10  Roll: £500 Profit: -
    Posted by splashies

The best of luck - will watch with interest. Good luck with all your season's bets, except for the times you lose your mind and bet against the mighty Leicester! :))
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : The best of luck - will watch with interest. Good luck with all your season's bets, except for the times you lose your mind and bet against the mighty Leicester! :))
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Thanks mate. Staying away from Leicester for a while i reckon, haven't a clue how you'll do, gl though hope it goes well.
  • edited August 2015
    Good Luck guys, I will follow with interest.
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck punters. 

Mine for today are Sheff Wed, Everton, Doncaster Roverzzzzz @ 8.5/1. 
  • edited August 2015
    Cardiff v Fulham  LAY CARDIFF (1-1) WIN +£21.92
    Leeds v Burnley  LAY BURNLEY (1-1) WIN +£18.08
    Rochdale v Peterborough  BACK ROCHDALE (2-0) WIN +£51.39
    Walsall v Oldham  LAY WALSALL (1-1) WIN +£24.57
    Cambridge v Newport  BACK CAMBRIDGE (3-0) WIN +£29.44

Roll: £645.40
    Profit: +£145.40
    Bets: 5
    Wins 5
    S/R: 100%

• edited August 2015
    BOOOOOM is all i can say!!! And the cobblers won too!!!!!
  • edited August 2015
    BOOM!!!! Nice start to the season! Saw Northampton won as well for good measure..but you're not top of the Premier League like the mighty Foxes!
  • edited August 2015
    Great start Splashies. me ... not so much 
  • edited August 2015
    Serves you right for backing the Gas Charlie ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Cardiff v Fulham   LAY CARDIFF   (1-1) WIN +£21.92 Leeds v Burnley   LAY BURNLEY   (1-1) WIN +£18.08 Rochdale v Peterborough   BACK ROCHDALE   (2-0) WIN +£51.39 Walsall v Oldham   LAY WALSALL   (1-1) WIN +£24.57 Cambridge v Newport   BACK CAMBRIDGE   (3-0) WIN +£29.44 Roll: £645.40 Profit: +£145.40 Bets: 5 Wins 5 S/R: 100%
    Posted by splashies
    Great selections.

Setting the bar pretty high.
  • edited August 2015
    OK, so first week was not a good start! -£39.04

Treble - £20 @ 2.88/1

Blackburn v Shrewbury - 3/4
    Cardiff v Wimbeldon - 4/9
    Charlton v Dagenham - 8/15

Treble - £20 @ 2.62/1

Ipswich v Stevenage - 1/2
    MK Dons v Leyton Orient - 8/11
    Sheffield Wednesday v Mansfield - 2/5

Treble - £20 @ 2.1/1 

Accrington v Hull - 8/15
    Swindon v Exeter - 8/13
    Wolves v Newport - 1/4

So the idea here, if one of those comes in it's profit for the evening. Hopefully at least 2 will win and that will put me in profit for the season...
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks guys, gl tonight Flash.

Colchester v Reading LAY READING @ 2.02
    Forest v Walsall BACK FOREST @ 1.79
    Southend v Brighton LAY BRIGHTON @ 2.26
  • edited August 2015
    Noob betting question - what do you mean by 'lay' team x? I was hoping i'd be able to figure it out based on your results but i'm too dumb :/
  • edited August 2015
    Noob betting question - what do you mean by 'lay' team x? I was hoping i'd be able to figure it out based on your results but i'm too dumb :/
    Posted by YoungUn

Hi, it just means I'm betting against them to win. For example I'm laying Reading, so I win my bet if it's a draw or if Colchester win. This is the result after 90 mins for the cup games tonight.
  • edited August 2015
    Losing night with an injury time winner for Brighton.

Colchester v Reading LAY READING (0-0) WON £27.94
    Forest v Walsall BACK FOREST (3-4) LOST £30
    Southend v Brighton LAY BRIGHTON (0-1) LOST £30

Roll: £613.34
    Profit Today: -£32.06
    Overall Profit: £113.34

Bets: 8
    Wins: 6
    Losses: 2
    Strike Rate: 75%

• edited August 2015
    OK, so first week was not a good start! -£39.04 Treble - £20 @ 2.88/1 Blackburn v Shrewbury - 3/4 Cardiff v Wimbeldon - 4/9 Charlton v Dagenham - 8/15 Treble - £20 @ 2.62/1 Ipswich v Stevenage - 1/2 MK Dons v Leyton Orient - 8/11 Sheffield Wednesday v Mansfield - 2/5 Treble - £20 @ 2.1/1  Accrington v Hull - 8/15 Swindon v Exeter - 8/13 Wolves v Newport - 1/4 So the idea here, if one of those comes in it's profit for the evening. Hopefully at least 2 will win and that will put me in profit for the season...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    So I had this £20 treble come in. How much did I win for it? ... £1.05p ... Yes, this pellet cashed out with 15 minutes left to just recover what I could from looked like a dead bet. Ipswich scored seconds after I clicked the button, then MK Dons scored 2 goals after the 90th minute had passed.

In total I cashed out for £4.37. Making it a loss of £55.63

Total this season - -£94.67
  • edited August 2015
    And i thought I was running bad!
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    Thats why I'm never a fan of cashing out, you feel far far worse when this kind of thing happens!
  • edited August 2015
    Crewe v Preston LAY PRESTON @ 1.82
    Portsmouth v Derby LAY DERBY @ 1.90
  • edited August 2015
    Crewe v Preston LAY PRESTON (1-3) LOST £30
    Portsmouth v Derby LAY DERBY (2-1) WON £31.66

Roll: £615.00
    Profit Today: £1.66
    Overall Profit: £115.00

Bets: 10
    Wins: 7
    Losses: 3
    Strike Rate: 70%
  • edited August 2015
    Seems hard this week to find a game I'm confident on but here goes...

Middlesbrough v Bolton - 8/15
    Celtic vs Inverness CT - 1/5 (Terrible odds, but I'm struggling this week)
    Liverpool vs Bournemouth - 4/9

Treble - £25 - Potential return - £66.44