You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another betting diary

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Credit has to be given to Cooper and his scouts. Every year we seem to start the year with a new squad and every year, these youngsters are kind of nobodies and I fear the season ahead. Then year on year they keep performing and our players keep going to Championship and Premiership teams. We get a lot of loans in from Liverpool (Thanks to having Brendon Rodgers' son in our team) and also some from Spurs.

I think Ajose and Thomas are good signings and we are definitely play off contenders this year. We're playing great football and parent clubs want their loanees to come to us and learn proper football.
  • edited September 2015
    Ahhh, a full week of fixtures again after the international break. I've missed this :)

Treble - £15 (plus £5 free bet) - Potential returns £115
    Charlton v Rotherham - 1/1
    Middlesbrough v MK Dons - 4/7
    Sheffield United v Bury - 10/11

Treble - £25 - Potential returns £84.18
    Gillingham v Blackpool - 4/7
    Portsmouth v Barnet - 4/6
    Arsenal v Stoke - 2/7

Treble - £9.74 - Potential returns £269.52
    Portsmouth -1
    Gillingham -1
    Sheffield United -1

Start balance - +£24.94
    Total staked - £49.74
  • edited September 2015
    Tonight

Reading v Ipswich BACK IPSWICH @ 3.70

Saturday

Palace v Man City LAY MAN CITY @ 1.66
    Charlton v Rotherham BACK CHARLTON @ 2.10
    QPR v Forest BACK QPR @ 1.96
    Crewe v Millwall LAY MILLWALL @ 2.24
    Oldham v Pboro BACK OLDHAM @ 2.66
    Scunthorpe v Coventry BACK COVENTRY @ 2.60
    Cambridge v Leyton Orient BACK CAMBRIDGE @3.30 - 3.50

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary:
    Tonight Reading v Ipswich BACK IPSWICH @ 3.70 Saturday Palace v Man City LAY MAN CITY @ 1.66 Charlton v Rotherham BACK CHARLTON @ 2.10 QPR v Forest BACK QPR @ 1.96 Crewe v Millwall LAY MILLWALL @ 2.24 Oldham v Pboro BACK OLDHAM @ 2.66 Scunthorpe v Coventry BACK COVENTRY @ 2.60 Cambridge v Leyton Orient BACK CAMBRIDGE @3.30 - 3.50
    Posted by splashies

At the risk of looking dumb.........what do you mean when you say "lay man city"? How does that work?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : At the risk of looking dumb.........what do you mean when you say "lay man city"? How does that work?
    Posted by waller02
    I'm not into betting but I presume it means backing Man C 'not' to win
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : I'm not into betting but I presume it means backing Man C 'not' to win
    Posted by zadoc

Yeah was thinking that, but isnt that the same as backing palace, or does it mean the game can also be a draw?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : Yeah was thinking that, but isnt that the same as backing palace, or does it mean the game can also be a draw?
    Posted by waller02
    As far as I know if result is HOME win or DRAW it's a winning bet
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : As far as I know if result is HOME win or DRAW it's a winning bet
    Posted by zadoc

Cheers, makes sense........yeah I did look pretty dumb there haha
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : Cheers, makes sense........yeah I did look pretty dumb there haha
    Posted by waller02
    Dunce.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : Dunce.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Yeh I must be because I have took you tip for the footy today......gl us

EDIT: yep I'm a dunce for following ur advice!

gg wigan, charlton.......
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary:
    Ahhh, a full week of fixtures again after the international break. I've missed this :) Treble - £15 (plus £5 free bet) - Potential returns £115 Charlton v Rotherham - 1/1 Middlesbrough v MK Dons - 4/7 Sheffield United v Bury - 10/11 Treble - £25 - Potential returns £84.18 Gillingham  v Blackpool - 4/7 Portsmouth v Barnet - 4/6 Arsenal v Stoke - 2/7 Treble - £9.74 - Potential returns £269.52 Portsmouth -1 Gillingham -1 Sheffield United -1 Start balance - +£24.94 Total staked - £49.74
    Posted by FlashFlush
    1 of the 3 won, which resulted in a £34.40 profit

End balance. +£59.34
  • edited September 2015
    Well I think I'm going to call an end to my input into this thread, full house of losers at the weekend. Best of luck Flash, I'm just going to stick to a mug £10 acca each weekend i think.
  • edited September 2015
    Well I think I'm going to call an end to my input into this thread, full house of losers at the weekend. Best of luck Flash, I'm just going to stick to a mug £10 acca each weekend i think.
    Posted by splashies
    This is sad news. I wish you a speedy recovery in all things bookie bashing related!
  • edited September 2015

This may be a silly question, but as I do not bet that much, only when I get free bets on Skybet from various poker giveaways, I thought I would ask it anyway.
    How do you go about placing an accumulator bet with three teams that you want to pick and how do you get the odds on Skybet? They offer set three, four, five and six team accumulators but there is always a team that I would not want to pick myself.
    If someone knows and could take the time to enlighten me I would appreciate it.
    Nick

• edited September 2015
    By clicking on the team you want to win, it will be put into your betting slip. Do that with the teams you want to have in your accumulator. Then open your betting slip (Will appear at the bottom of the page on Skybet) click on multiple bets at the bottom of that and there are options for different bets there. 
  • edited September 2015
    Thank you for taking the time to answer.
    I will try this next time.
    Nick
  • edited September 2015
    No worries. Post again if you can't figure it out
  • edited September 2015
    Off again then... Starting the week +59.34

Difficult week again this week, all the poor teams seem to be at home and I don't like backing teams away from home. I've gone for a treble and then a double. The treble is feel are the most likely home bankers, and the double is 2 teams I think are under performing this year so hoping they will start to step it up a bit.

Treble - £13.73 + £5 free bet. - Potential returns £113.48

Man City v West Ham - 2/7
    Rochdale v Scunthorpe - 21/20
    Plymouth vs Bristol Rovers - 7/5

Double - £15 - Potential retuns £73.80

Wigan vs Fleetwood - 21/20
    Wolves vs Brighton - 7/5 - Obviously betting against the run away leaders is a gamble, but I can't see them staying there long.

Starting balance +54.34
    Balance after bet placed - +£25.62
  • edited September 2015
    No winners this week so profit down to £25.62

The Capital one cup is too unpredictable, so I won't be betting on that. Next bets will be for the weekend.
  • edited September 2015
    No winners this week so profit down to £25.62 The Capital one cup is too unpredictable, so I won't be betting on that. Next bets will be for the weekend.
    Posted by FlashFlush

surely there must be some sort of bet you can put on in the mean time?
  • edited September 2015
    Stick a tenner on Lexington Place in the 4.00 @ Leicester

EDIT: Hope you didnt lol
  • edited September 2015
    Ha ha, no I didn't... 

No idea what you're talking about Jordan, it's as if you put me down as a habitual gambler who will bet on absolutely anything. Like Xfactor for example!... As if!

P.S I may have had £10 e/w on Gifty Louise to win the Xfactor @100/1 (top 3 places)
  • edited September 2015
    I can only imagine you spend endless hours studying the form for such bets.
  • edited September 2015
    This is just a footy betting diary so I won't add this to my profits when she wins ;-)

For those who watch Xfactor... Her audition wasn't shown on TV so she is very much an unknown. When she came out for boot camp she has a seriously quirky dress sense. Straight away Cheryl said "I love her outfit" In her solo part, she was amazing and all the judges starting smiling. I'm confident she can get to the live finals as she will get people talking. There are 1 or 2 amazing female singers, but I think a few will let themselves down along the way.

If you are forced to watch it (or you're weird like me and choose to watch it) I'd advise getting on this ASAP as I feel the more she's heard the more her odds will drop. (it's 1/5 odds for top 3)

In fact, there are 18 bookies offering Xfactor bets, and only 5 of them have even priced her up... 
  • edited September 2015
    This is just a footy betting diary so I won't add this to my profits when she wins ;-) For those who watch Xfactor... Her audition wasn't shown on TV so she is very much an unknown. When she came out for boot camp she has a seriously quirky dress sense. Straight away Cheryl said "I love her outfit" In her solo part, she was amazing and all the judges starting smiling. I'm confident she can get to the live finals as she will get people talking. There are 1 or 2 amazing female singers, but I think a few will let themselves down along the way. If you are forced to watch it (or you're weird like me and choose to watch it) I'd advise getting on this ASAP as I feel the more she's heard the more her odds will drop. (it's 1/5 odds for top 3) In fact, there are 18 bookies offering Xfactor bets, and only 5 of them have even priced her up... 
    Posted by FlashFlush

Can't believe I'm saying this........but yeah I watch xfactor (forced to). You're right she is good and must be a cert to make live finals.

Gl with the bet.
  • edited September 2015
    I cant believe im in discussions about this either! but im fairly sure (but not 100%) that the live finalists have already been picked as it will have been recorded months ago, I doubt it will get leaked to the press because im sure Mr Cowell has them in his pocket but I imagine somewhere online you will be able to find out who has made it, as those selected are bound to have told friends/family... Things are just about to get even worse for me now but..... I was playing for the same footy team as Olly Murs while he was on the show and he knew well in advance of the live shows. 
  • edited September 2015
    That is a good point, and I was actually thinking that exact thing yesterday. The fact some have been given a lot extra air time, and people like my pick have almost been ignored, does make me think they will get binned out.

I'll do a bit of spoiler searching later on.
  • edited September 2015
    Starting the week +£25.62

I feel like there are a few more predictable games this week, so I've gone for 3 sets of trebles.

Hull
    Birmingham
    Ipswich

£10 stake to return £88

------

Walsall
    Sheff Utd
    Carlisle

£10 stake to return £61.05

--------

Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

All to win away from home.

£5 stake + £5 free bet - Returns £51.54

Total staked - £25 - 
    65p left as profit :))
  • edited September 2015
    Just noticed I missed out Man Utd vs Sunderland which I think is the biggest banker of the weekend! I've put triple captain on Martial this week so no pressure.

I've chosen the 2 games I've got most confidence with and added Man Utd and put them all with a -1 handicap.

Man U
    Walsall
    Hull

All -1. £10 stake - £145.38 potential returns

Total stake £35
    Balance -£9.35
  • edited September 2015
    I know you dont really bet on outsider but my bet of the weekend will be Aston Villa to win at Liverpool, 13/2 is a hugh price imo