You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another betting diary

Comments

• edited August 2015

Good luck with this Charlie big time ;)

I am trying my hand at more sports betting this season, so I will add my selections/results to this thread if ok. Only doing 4/5/6 or 7 fold for small stakes.

I also hate waiting on results of games when other ones have already won, so all mine will be 3 o'clock sat KO's.

Sat 15th August. - All home wins for......

Boro v Bolton
    Forest v Rotherham
    Scunthorpe v Crewe
    Cheltenham v Southport
    Grimbsy v Bromley
    Celtic v ICT

Pays just over 12/1.

• edited August 2015
    Good luck! Especially on 2 of those ;)
  • edited August 2015
    I'm off on my holibobs in the early hours, so I won't be betting the next 2 sats. Good luck to the rest of you, stay away from that cashout button flash!
  • edited August 2015
    bet of the weekend swansea to beat newcastle evens lump on and gomis 1st goalscorer around 5/1  quality striker 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary:
    I also hate waiting on results of games when other ones have already won, so all mine will be 3 o'clock sat KO's.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Absolute ditto. I've got a £5 free bet from the Premiership promotion so will pop that on an accumulator for tomorrow's games methinks. Thought about putting it on a single home-banker match just to get the few quid for free - but then I thought surely i'm just better off essentially buying a lottery ticket since there's no risk in it for me.
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck with this Charlie big time ;) I am trying my hand at more sports betting this season, so I will add my selections/results to this thread if ok. Only doing 4/5/6 or 7 fold for small stakes. I also hate waiting on results of games when other ones have already won, so all mine will be 3 o'clock sat KO's. Sat 15th August. - All home wins for...... Boro v Bolton Forest v Rotherham Scunthorpe v Crewe Cheltenham v Southport Grimbsy v Bromley Celtic v ICT Pays just over 12/1.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Boro v Bolton
    Forest v Rotherham
    Scunthorpe v Crewe
    Cheltenham v Southport
    Grimbsy v Bromley
    Celtic v ICT

Pays just over 12/1. - ALL WON, RETURNED £99.14 from a £7.50 stake.

A good start ;) GL with the 3rd game in your treble Charles.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : Boro  v Bolton Forest  v Rotherham Scunthorpe  v Crewe Cheltenham  v Southport Grimbsy  v Bromley Celtic  v ICT Pays just over 12/1. - ALL WON, RETURNED £99.14 from a £7.50 stake. A good start ;) GL with the 3rd game in your treble Charles.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Nice one!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : Boro  v Bolton Forest  v Rotherham Scunthorpe  v Crewe Cheltenham  v Southport Grimbsy  v Bromley Celtic  v ICT Pays just over 12/1. - ALL WON, RETURNED £99.14 from a £7.50 stake. A good start ;) GL with the 3rd game in your treble Charles.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Well done.
  • edited August 2015
    Good work Al. Yep now waiting for tomorrow! 
  • edited August 2015
    I found I've got a free £5 bet, so I've stuck that on a "request a bet". I wanted Liverpool to win by 2 goals or more and Benteke to score but they haven't added it. (Only to win by exactly 2 + Benteke @11/4). So instead I've gone for Liverpool to win, with Benteke scoring and Skrtel to get a card. Only issue with this, is if Liverpool are all over them then Skrtel might not be challenged much. Anyway 5/1 and as it's a free bet I'm not adding it to my expenditure :P  
  • edited August 2015
    Request a bet seem to be really really tight... i went round all sites to try and get odds on Bradley Dack to be top league 1 scorer, was mainly getting quoted 90-150/1 (managed 200 with our irish friend) went sky got back to me they offered 40/1..

I reckon Skrtel to get a card will be 5/2 on its own with some firms
  • edited August 2015
    Seems hard this week to find a game I'm confident on but here goes... Middlesbrough v Bolton - 8/15 Celtic vs Inverness CT - 1/5 (Terrible odds, but I'm struggling this week) Liverpool vs Bournemouth - 4/9 Treble - £25 - Potential return - £66.44
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah I agree that bet probably wasn't the best Jordan rregarding the request a bet, you know what it's like when you have a free bet in your account burning a hole in your pocket though ;). Proved us both right with Skrtel letting me down by not being a dirty fouler.

Nice to get my first win of the season and prove I'm not a complete clown. Still a way to go but onwards and upwards.

£25 stake with £66.44 returned - Weekly profit - £41.44

Overall - -£53.23
  • edited August 2015
    Didn't realise we had a load of football league fixtures tonight, so I've gone through and picked out a treble. If I have time tonight I might pick 1 or 2 more.

MK Dons v Bolton 17/20 - Bolton haven't scored a goal yet this season!
    Coventry v Crewe 4/7 - Coventry will be in many of my accas this year if their start is anything to go by. Very impressive.
    Hartlepool v Newport - 5/4 - Most risky of the 3, but with 2 clean sheets in their first 3 games, things are looking up for Hartlepool.

£20 treble - Potential return - £130.82
  • edited August 2015
    Another winning bet :)

Puts me in profit for the season 

Todays profit - £110.82

Season long - +£57.59

While typing this I'm currently CL in the main with 32 left and also mid table in the mini, so watch this space!
  • edited August 2015
    Another winning bet :) Puts me in profit for the season  Todays profit - £110.82 Season long - +£57.59 While typing this I'm currently CL in the main with 32 left and also mid table in the mini, so watch this space!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well I managed to keep it going! Didn't cash in the mini in the end but I won the main! :)

#DecentNight
  • edited August 2015

Nice one mate. Just seen the Main result....wp. 

PS....I got 3rd in mini ;)

More funds for the betting fund for both of us this week!
  • edited August 2015
    Well done Maxy. I did see you'd made the final table as I was interested to see if anyone was on for a jackpot bonus. Good work as I saw you went in as the shortest stack! You heading to DTD this weekend?
  • edited August 2015
    Well done on the main event win Flash, you have to be really good to win the turbo :)

As for these football bets, you, Splashies and Maxally are making it look easy.

I might have to have a go myself at the weekend.
  • edited August 2015
    So starting balance for this week is +£57.59

I think there seem to be a few more home bankers this week than mid-week so I've got 2 separate trebles. One returns £99 the other is £122, so I'll be doubling my money if one comes in.

Treble - £21.75 returns £122.62

Middlesbrough v Bristol City - 4/7 - Boro are my tip to win the Championship this year, so a home tie vs a team that's only got 1 point from 3 seems a no brainer.

QPR v Rotherham - 3/4 - QPR showed good strength in character on Wednesday coming back from 2-0 down against a very good Wolves side to win 3-2.

Hearts v Partick Thistle - 21/20 - Not sure why the odds are so long on this one. Maybe I'm missing something? Hearts with a 100% record even after playing some of the better teams in the league. Home vs a team that haven't won all season. OK they've drawn 3 and only lost to Celtic.

----------------

Treble - £28 - Returns - £99.51

Wycombe v Daggers - 4/7 - Wycombe looking good, still have a 100% record, Daggers rock bottom with 0 points. No brainer, surely?

Portsmouth v Morecombe - 8/13 - Hearing a lot of good whispers about Pompey. According to their early opponents they're the best team they've ever seen in League 2 and should walk it this year. Home vs a team that's only scored 1 goal so far in all competitions.

Sheffield Utd v Blackpool - 2/5 - The blades are starting to look good after their disaster of a first week. Blackpool look terrible and at risk of falling down into the dark depths of the football league in the not so distant future.

• edited August 2015
    So starting balance for this week is +£57.59 I think there seem to be a few more home bankers this week than mid-week so I've got 2 separate trebles. One returns £99 the other is £122, so I'll be doubling my money if one comes in. Treble - £21.75 returns £122.62 Middlesbrough v Bristol City - 4/7 - Boro are my tip to win the Championship this year, so a home tie vs a team that's only got 1 point from 3 seems a no brainer. QPR v Rotherham - 3/4 - QPR showed good strength in character on Wednesday coming back from 2-0 down against a very good Wolves side to win 3-2. Hearts v Partick Thistle - 21/20 - Not sure why the odds are so long on this one. Maybe I'm missing something? Hearts with a 100% record even after playing some of the better teams in the league. Home vs a team that haven't won all season. OK they've drawn 3 and only lost to Celtic. ---------------- Treble - £28 - Returns - £99.51 Wycombe v Daggers - 4/7 - Wycombe looking good, still have a 100% record, Daggers rock bottom with 0 points. No brainer, surely? Portsmouth v Morecombe - 8/13 - Hearing a lot of good whispers about Pompey. According to their early opponents they're the best team they've ever seen in League 2 and should walk it this year. Home vs a team that's only scored 1 goal so far in all competitions. Sheffield Utd v Blackpool - 2/5 - The blades are starting to look good after their disaster of a first week. Blackpool look terrible and at risk of falling down into the dark depths of the football league in the not so distant future.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Great post I love a bit of footy betting I had the same cashout problem the first week with mk Dons oh well iv gon for a couple this weekend had bit night mare last night with qpr wolves laid qpr had wolves win 2-1! Did a anytime scorer on Charlie Austin tho so made bit back selections for sat are qpr 3/4 win Wycombe win4/7 Forrest green win 10/11 Preston Ipswich both teams to score10/11 four fold 9.02.1 10£ pays £100 bourough win reading my Dons both to score Cambridge winaberdeen win 13.2-1 five fold £20 pays £282 but if it looks dicey I'll be happy to cash it out any ware over £120 good luck and congrats on the tournament the out her night was watching the final table
  • edited August 2015
    Man U -1 (evs) v Ncle on Saturday looks a canny bet i am ashamed to say.
  • edited August 2015
    Going for a bit of a mad accy today here goes Cheltenham win@5/6 Braintree win@7/10 Wycombe win at 4/7 pourtsmouth win at8/13 both teams to score fleetwood v Colchester 4/5 13-24-1 total odds £10 pays £142 had a good night last night birm v Derby birm to score first £10 returned 25 halftime birm 1-0 £10 returned £60 ft draw 1-1 ten returned 70 total profit £155! Also did a cheeky late night bet on Portland Timbers to b a draw 10£ returned 70 healthy start to the weekend also had three wins at York races maccas angel 12-1 beautiful morning 12-1 and good old Franki dettori on max dynamite so not a bad Friday in all 
  • edited August 2015

Saturday 22nd Aug Banker list.

Middlesborough v Bristol City
    SheffU v Blackpool
    Cambridge v Crawley
    Portsmouth v Morecombe
    Wycombe v Dagenham & Red
    Wrexham v Welling

All home wins. Pays just over 11/1. Had a GREAT last day at York races y/day, but stickng with my £7.50 stake.

• edited August 2015
    Saturday 22nd Aug Banker list. Middlesborough v Bristol City SheffU v Blackpool Cambridge v Crawley Portsmouth v Morecombe Wycombe v Dagenham & Red Wrexham v Welling All home wins. Pays just over 11/1. Had a GREAT last day at York races y/day, but stickng with my £7.50 stake.
    Posted by MAXALLY

#disaster

Middlesborough v Bristol City - LOST
    SheffU v Blackpool - WON
    Cambridge v Crawley - LOST
    Portsmouth v Morecombe - LOST
    Wycombe v Dagenham & Red - LOST
    Wrexham v Welling - WON
  • edited August 2015
    Some nice results for you guys while I've been away. 

West Brom v Chelsea  LAY CHELSEA @ 1.57
  • edited August 2015
    West Brom v Chelsea  LAY CHELSEA @ 1.57 (2-3) LOST -£30

Roll: £585.00
    Profit Today: -£30.00
    Overall Profit: £85.00

Bets: 11
    Wins: 7
    Losses: 4
    Strike Rate: 63.6%
  • edited August 2015
    Been away losing money in Nottingham so haven't up dated. But both trebles were losses at the weekend :(

Mid-Week League Cup. - Always dodgy betting on the cup so I'm just going to do 1 bet and a smaller amount.

Villa vs Notts County
    Palace vs Shrewsbury
    QPR vs Carlisle
    Swansea vs York
    Wolves vs Barnet

All home wins - £15 of my own money + £5 free bet.

+£7.84 is my starting balance prior to this bet.

• edited August 2015
    Bury v Leicester LAY LEICESTER @ 1.76
    Hull v Rochdale LAY HULL @ 1.68
    Luton v Stoke LAY STOKE @ 1.67
  • edited August 2015
    Bury v Leicester LAY LEICESTER @ 1.76 Hull v Rochdale LAY HULL @ 1.68 Luton v Stoke LAY STOKE @ 1.67
    Posted by splashies
    LAY Stoke???

Come off it, granted it won't be a first team but the mighty Potters have quality in depth and Bojan is back tonight.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Another betting diary : LAY Stoke??? Come off it, granted it won't be a first team but the mighty Potters have quality in depth and Bojan is back tonight.
    Posted by TheDart

+ 1.  If Shaqiri plays too....it could be a cricket score!