You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    P18 W8, any prize for last?

Top tip, don't reg an £11 game with the sharks whilst playing NLH tournaments then play a heads up match all at the same time! Doesn't normally end well.
  • edited December 2015

How much fun was that last night? Never seen the PLO8 DYM's so busy, must have been a record night, & the banter was superb all evening.

An astonishing 16 games ran @ £11, not long ago we would not see that many in a week.

The bizarre thing, is that we were all chasing that WG Promo, & really, we had almost no chance v the NLH boys with their huge liquidity.

Fun times, enjoyed it immensely. Clocked up 46 games, & managed to turn a nice bit of profit in the process. Lovely job. 

No poker for me tonight, am working, hostilities & banterage recommence tomorrow.  
  • edited December 2015
    It was awesome.
    You're defo right, even with the priority lot not allowed in the points chase yesterday, i still think we are bang out of luck. Canny promo from Sky, I'll wager they actually made money.
    I'm pretty much pokered out now to be honest.
    Will just single table it today on and off, I fancy playing some backgammon and talking that lot to distraction, mind you the BG lot are a bit serious.
    Going to a Christmas party tonight, brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII:
    It was awesome. You're defo right, even with the priority lot not allowed in the points chase yesterday, i still think we are bang out of luck. Canny promo from Sky, I'll wager they actually made money. I'm pretty much pokered out now to be honest. Will just single table it today on and off, I fancy playing some backgammon and talking that lot to distraction, mind you the BG lot are a bit serious. Going to a Christmas party tonight, brilliant
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Fixed your post.

And yes, a clever Promo, & I hope it was a commercial success, so they do it again. I actually wrote to the Suits this morning & told them how much enthusiasm there was from everyone about it. Not that they'll take a blind bit of notice of me, like.

The PLO8 crew have no chance, of course, as we don't have any games above £11, which is a shame. But, as we know, it's just not possible to balance these Promos & Offers to satisfy everyone. No complaints here though, it was such a fun night.

• edited December 2015
    Aimed to just about finish off my set of 25 today but totally failed as the local zoo were having a "Locals" weekend, so I popped along and saw what I can only assume are some of Macac's long lost relatives? http://www.fchd.info/temp/Macaque.jpg Anyway, now on 12 of 19, so I make it I need to win all of my last 6 to tie those at the top of the leaderboard.
    Posted by FCHD
    Love macaques, beautiful.
    My username is a long and boring story and isn't meant to mean anything, Macac is something I use for all usernames as I won't forget it. I have been asked if it's supposed to be macca or macaque and nope, it's not.
    I do wish I'd put some thought into it though, rather than asking my son to register me here then my good self simply adding a 1 to my login name for my table name.
    If I could change my username, I'd change it to TKLuvsMe.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII : Love macaques, beautiful. My username is a long and boring story and isn't meant to mean anything, Macac is something I use for all usernames as I won't forget it. I have been asked if it's supposed to be macca or macaque and nope, it's not. I do wish I'd put some thought into it though, rather than asking my son to register me here then my good self simply adding a 1 to my login name for my table name. If I could change my username, I'd change it to TKLuvsMe.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Still available, but "TIKAYsucks" & "TikayWho" have both been taken. Truly. "TikaysKid" has gone, too.  
  • edited December 2015
    I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Only 88 points was needed to 'win' £20 in the promo!

Not only have I forgotten how to play PLO8, I've also forgotten how to read a diary.
    Party is tomorrow.

Thought of an even better username
    Tikay????!!!!

Perfect.

• edited December 2015
    My chance of winning went last night, a horribly played 60p one forcing me down to P22 W14, so even if I win the last 3 I can only get to 17.

Best winning streak has been 5, which I achieved twice.
  • edited December 2015

Quick shout out to "whizzewky" who, fingers crossed, may pop into this thread shortly, after Posting HERE yesterday.

Can't be many players on Sky Poker who have played more DYM's than Whizzy, & he's a proper bloke, plays the game in the right spirit & takes his beats like a proper grown-up.  

• edited December 2015

...and my "Welcome" question to Whizzy is an odd one, & we'll not mention names, but.....

There is one player who seems to relentlessly troll you, & make comments about your personal life & appearance.

You boys got history, or is it just bants?

Some of his comments seem a bit intrusive to me, but if it's a bit of fun, then that's cool.

Have to say, you have great game. There are EXACTLY 4 players in the PLO8 crew who, if I have Fold Equity, I will consider folding to when I have raised a bit light. You are one of those 4.
  • edited December 2015
    ...and my "Welcome" question to Whizzy is an odd one, & we'll not mention names, but..... There is one player who seems to relentlessly troll you, & make comments about your personal life & appearance. You boys got history, or is it just bants? Some of his comments seem a bit intrusive to me, but if it's a bit of fun, then that's cool.   Have to say, you have great game. There are EXACTLY 4 players in the PLO8 crew who, if I have Fold Equity, I will consider folding to when I have raised a bit light. You are one of those 4.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi all, yes apart from making several thousand from plo8 in 2016 my other plan is to contribute to threads such as this one
    !. In answer to your question,i have several trolls on skypoker,a lot of it is just banter,but there are 2! on plo8 who i do not have much time for..This is not for plo8 badbeats etc. but purely for their manner in conducting themselves on the tables.Sadly i'm a stickler for rules and if people fall short of these i go out of my way to make sure that it is unacceptable.I'm 95% correct in the comments i make,but as in one case recently i have been known to be wrong! In such a case i will go out of my way to make amends.

Thank you for your nice comments tikay..i will endevour to keep you on your toes!!

Whizzzzzzzzzzzy!
  • edited December 2015
    i think that's me done for the comp
    lost almost all of the last 7 for a 12/25 record iirc
    luckily won most of the £11 and lost the £3s

• edited December 2015
    Whizz your a legend man, I watched you play before I turned to plo8.

Great to see you join in the forum.

Always a pleasure to play on a table with you.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Whizz your a legend man, I watched you play before I turned to plo8. Great to see you join in the forum. Always a pleasure to play on a table with you. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thank you ger, always nice to play on your table too! i try to be on my best behaviour as i'm a huge fan of the plo8 community..I'm keeping a full record in 2016 of my plo8 fortunes..i'm starting with a br of £500 and see how long it lasts!It may be a long year from mid january onwards:)

Well played To you and Karen this year impressive is not quite enough to justify your achievments.

Whizzzy
  • edited December 2015
    Welcome aboard Whizz.
    You'll get on just grand as long as there is no mention of buses, trains, concrete, bridges, carparks and runways.

I don't know about achievements this year, secret santa at a party last night handed this over (genuinely)
    I'm still unsure as to whether it was a joke present or not.

• edited December 2015
    Mis regged for plo8 dym, thought it was nlh. I really had a lot of fun even though still don't understand how to play it properly. All I can say is sorry Arfur, but you should have known better, came 3rd. Not bad for someone who's really rusty when it comes to playing plo8

Also thanks to phantom for the nice welcome as well as arfur too.
  • edited December 2015
    Mis regged for plo8 dym, thought it was nlh. I really had a lot of fun even though still don't understand how to play it properly. All I can say is sorry Arfur, but you should have known better, came 3rd. Not bad for someone who's really rusty when it comes to playing plo8 Also thanks to phantom for the nice welcome as well as arfur too.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    You came
    We entertained
    You cashed

Isn't PLO8 great?
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII : You came We entertained You cashed Isn't PLO8 great?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I totally luck boxed it.
  • edited December 2015
    Losing the last two of my set of 25 games left me with a final score of W16 L9.

• edited December 2015
    I graciously resign from this challenge, unfortunately I'm going to be unable to complete it. You can always default my games as losses and leave me 4 wins /25 so at least can have the accolade of finishing last and people glancing at the leaderboards will think I'm bloody terrible.
  • edited December 2015
    I graciously resign from this challenge, unfortunately I'm going to be unable to complete it. You can always default my games as losses and leave me 4 wins /25 so at least can have the accolade of finishing last and people glancing at the leaderboards will think I'm bloody terrible.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Thanks for having a go, that's all that matters.
  • edited December 2015

Where was Team Anti-Troll (Karen, Whizzy & mmmchips) last night when I most needed them? You'd have had SO much fun with a chap that joined us for a few games, quite a new player to Sky Poker.

First game, right out of the blue, he has a pop at me.

"Why so slow titkay?"

I say "ha, loving my new name" to which he responds "seems apt".

No more is said. I bust, as I did in the first 8 games I played. The bullets are flying, I'm laying low, trying to win Game 9 & register my first win of the session.

Later, he appears on a table which included all the regulars, including Eon. 

First orbit has barely completed before our man pipes up.....

"...If you two try colluding, I'll report you." 

There is silence. Everyone is trying to work it out.

"I mean it, I'm watching you both"

Eventually, Pommy susses it.

Eon & I share the same "Field Address" - Ilkeston - though I don't live there now, I live 150 miles away, & I've never met Eon.

"Yeah, so watch your step the pair of you, I don't like colluders & I'll report you. I mean it."

I manage my only comment of the game, "well, between us we have played 25,000 games on Sky Poker & nobody has ever suggested that before".

In a flash, he replies - "yeah, but they don't watch games like I do, I can sense collusion immediately". 

There is total silence, you can sense everyone thinking "it's the e-numbers".

By now, word has spread to all my other tables, everyone is commenting on "tikay's new friend" & are now railing us.

No more is said, until Level 4. 

"Yup, I'm still watching you two. The pair of you have not played a single hand together. Classic sign of colluding."

Not played a hand together by Level 4? As most might already know, by Level 4 I've rarely played ANY hand against anyone. Don't think I had played a hand in that game, either. 

Sadly, he bust then, & that was that.   

• edited December 2015

And here's the thing.

I don't bother when folks say that sort of nonsense. My game speaks for itself, & I reckon Eon & I bust each other more than any two other players in those games. We frequently get 4 handed, & are both ultra aggro at that stage. It usually ends in tears for one of us. 

So it's fine, I'm genuinely not fussed. 

But......

What sort of world do we live in where a complete stranger can make such accusations on such flimsy evidence. He had NEVER shared tables with Eon & I before, & within one orbit, (in which we both folded EVERY hand) he accuses us of colluding. Because we have an address in the same town. Along with 40,000 others. 

Can you imagine him being a Member of the Jury when some poor so & so is up for Murder?

Yup, I know another bloke from his town, & he was a nasty piece of work. GUILTY.

The mind boggles. 

Anyway, I ended up losing 19 of 30 - yup, I LOST 19 of 30 - & £36.90. At the same time, I was trying to reassure people who were exercised by a WG Twitter Freeroll thing, & then that poor chap who had his Kings cracked by Jacks. In a Freeroll.

Life's rich variety. Love it, love it to bits. But understand any of it? Not a bit.

See you guys tonight. I'm on a recovery mission. titkay has warned you.  

• edited December 2015
    Hahaha shame I missed it, could have done with a laugh last night.

There must be something in the water as playing a b.h and a player brags he's the sh** shoveler and destroyer or words to that effect but I remember the first word is true. I was down to 635 chips and I wasn't going anywhere in a hurry. He thought he smelled an easy target. Unfortunately for them that wasn't to be. I was patient and bided my time and a few du's later I was in the position to finally get his bounty. Have been on their table a few times and the story is always the same. Poor thing must be on permanent tilt.
  • edited December 2015
    He sounds like an absolute delight, the new nickname might stick though.
    Star Wars today! Can't wait.
  • edited December 2015
    I did enjoy having a dabble at it but I'm just going to be too busy away from the tables to complete it in time and don't want to sacrifice a night of tournaments to do so :) I'll probably play when the mood takes me.
    Tikay watch out he's on to you, I'd lay low for a bit or try your cheating antics on another site for a while. Everybody knows you like to collude those £5.50 DYM's for megabucks. Just think about it, this chap must actively search the locations of every player on all the tables then analyse their play to see if they're colluding. Maybe if he spent more time concentrating on his own hands he wouldn't have been knocked out...
  • edited December 2015
    Hahaha shame I missed it, could have done with a laugh last night. There must be something in the water as playing a b.h and a player brags he's the sh** shoveler and destroyer or words to that effect but I remember the first word is true. I was down to 635 chips and I wasn't going anywhere in a hurry. He thought he smelled an easy target. Unfortunately for them that wasn't to be. I was patient and bided my time and a few du's later I was in the position to finally get his bounty. Have been on their table a few times and the story is always the same. Poor thing must be on permanent tilt.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I think i know who your on about, I had the pleasure of playing this guy in a freeroll. He'd call all ins with any two cards just for the opportunity to copy and paste his message in chat. Actually had a chat with him and seemed like a nice enough guy. He actually gave me recommendations on my play style, telling me 'not to play my cards' and poker isn't about 'playing the board' and that I wasn't aggressive enough, that real poker was all about bluffing your opponents. He later busted bluffing all in with ace 9 on a KQT44 board or something like that.
  • edited December 2015
    "I'm watching you two". 
    <shudder> 
  • edited December 2015
    Where was Team Anti-Troll (Karen, Whizzy & mmmchips) last night when I most needed them? You'd have had SO much fun with a chap that joined us for a few games, quite a new player to Sky Poker. First game, right out of the blue, he has a pop at me. "Why so slow titkay?" I say " ha, loving my new name " to which he responds " seems apt". No more is said. I bust, as I did in the first 8 games I played. The bullets are flying, I'm laying low, trying to win Game 9 & register my first win of the session.   Later, he appears on a table which included all the regulars, including Eon.  First orbit has barely completed before our man pipes up..... "...If you two try colluding, I'll report you."  There is silence. Everyone is trying to work it out.   "I mean it, I'm watching you both" Eventually, Pommy susses it.   Eon & I share the same "Field Address" - Ilkeston - though I don't live there now, I live 150 miles away, & I've never met Eon.   "Yeah, so watch your step the pair of you, I don't like colluders & I'll report you. I mean it." I manage my only comment of the game, " well, between us we have played 25,000 games on Sky Poker & nobody has ever suggested that before ".   In a flash, he replies - "yeah, but they don't watch games like I do, I can sense collusion immediately".  There is total silence, you can sense everyone thinking "it's the e-numbers".   By now, word has spread to all my other tables, everyone is commenting on "tikay's new friend" & are now railing us. No more is said, until Level 4.  "Yup, I'm still watching you two. The pair of you have not played a single hand together. Classic sign of colluding."   Not played a hand together by Level 4? As most might already know, by Level 4 I've rarely played ANY hand against anyone. Don't think I had played a hand in that game, either.    Sadly, he bust then, & that was that.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Iwas playing in the ''titkaygate'' game,thought it was quite amusing for a while.I've been in 100's of games where usually a newbie starts.''I'ts fixed'' ''collusion'' ''donk'' etc. etc...Been trying for a while to distance myself from railing back,as it has 9/10 times affected my game and i find i'm £50 down,the newbie has walked off with 1st prize in a tourney and telling everybody wp all gg!
    However in this case i didn't play the 2nd game, if i had he would have gotten my full rail backlash! I guess we all know how the plo8 game is 100% fair and the people who play it regularly know this.Iguess this villian will move on to the slots and harmony will once again descend.
    On a good note tikay donked me in the last £11 pounder of the night..can i have a badge please?!!!!!!
    Whizzzzzzzzzzy!

• edited December 2015

He was a strange 1 TK, as someone suggested in chat too much REDMEAT